Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 12/16/2017 at 7:09 AM, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I’ll take Iceman out and I’ll try the Jean head swap.

I want a decent looking 6” Magneto and classic Storm but it’s too bad there aren’t any other options at the moment and the Marvel Select versions are too tall.

Yeah, tell me about it.  The previous mentioned Revo Magneto is cool but he isn't comic book accurate at all.  Definitely isn't going to fit with Legends.  He's currently battling my SHF Chun-Li and Cammy on my shelf.

And the fact Hasbro are going with ANOTHER Storm with a mohawk is irksome, I don't want the punk-rock Storm even if it is unique.  Though for the most part she will fit with that lineup of yours.

Super stoked for Omega Red and Bishop.  I'm hoping it's 90's Bishop, the Uncanny X-Men Gold Team look was my favorite.  Odd how much of the Deadpool line is actually more like a Wolverine line but I suppose they'll call it all Weapon X or something.  I wonder what the BAF will be?

On December 17, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Tking22 said:

After owning over 30 MP style Transformer figures, I now finally have my first MP seeker, Starscream by Maketoys. I never bothered with the official Takara Starscream or seekers, they never looked good and they were priced terribly for how dated they are and looked. I almost considered the KOs which actually improved on the official product in many ways, but I just am not a fan of the official seeker mold no matter how you slice it, thankfully Maketoys came along and put out their own take on MP Starscream. He's more toon accurate then I normally like, which I usually complain about Takara's official stuff getting, but I feel he just ticks far more boxes then any other MP Starscream available. Figma Deadpool DX is cool, no QC issues with mine, but I've seen he's a bit of a mess for may other people. And that's it on Figuarts Halls, I have all 7 that I want, now I just need two more Iron Man releases and my Hall is officially complete!

20171217_165354.thumb.jpg.098f657f2e3fd136eb6ba0b9bde7175d.jpg

I can't keep up with TFW actual Transformer threads anymore mostly from lack of interest but did they fix the underside of the wings or are they the hollow look that I've seen before release? I love seekers too but still have not seen a single design worth buying. 

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I can't keep up with TFW actual Transformer threads anymore mostly from lack of interest but did they fix the underside of the wings or are they the hollow look that I've seen before release? I love seekers too but still have not seen a single design worth buying. 

Nope, no fix, they're hollow like we've seen with the prototype. 

51 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Gundam day for me B))

New Haul 12/19/2017New Haul 12/19/2017

Very Nice!!! I need to get the Altron still. I just finished building the Heavy Arms, excellent kit, and working on painting my Tallgeese III. Also just got the Sandrock and I need to figure out a good cloth cape. I don't like the plastic substitute they included. 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

Very Nice!!! I need to get the Altron still. I just finished building the Heavy Arms, excellent kit, and working on painting my Tallgeese III. Also just got the Sandrock and I need to figure out a good cloth cape. I don't like the plastic substitute they included. 

Ive only built Deathscythe Hell, I want to build the HRM Wing Zero next although the Altron is very tempting. Im with you, I dont like the plastic cloak, looks bloated. 

2 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Why not try some canvas cloth or those blended wool felt cloth as a substitute.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Why not try some canvas cloth or those blended wool felt cloth as a substitute.

I'd suggest something thinner like silk or a fabric with similar thickness/flexibility. Canvas or felt never looks right when used for something of that scale, with how huge the folds and wrinkles are relative.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'd suggest something thinner like silk or a fabric with similar thickness/flexibility. Canvas or felt never looks right when used for something of that scale, with how huge the folds and wrinkles are relative.

I'm sure there's different kind of canvas and wool cloth at Jo-Ann's. There's one for sure that will match for 1/100 scaled Gundam.

7 hours ago, Saburo said:

My Christmas to myself from the Lego and the First Order.

9BE8F509-BE94-40D4-B028-BA37DCA8C06A.thumb.jpeg.4ca2c5dab2caf3a9cd68c0af677717e3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Very nice! Can you believe he used that thing to kill [REDACTED]?

Han? :ph34r:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's Christmas already? :rolleyes:

33ZVZ0F.jpg

A4fEN6s.jpg

XyVTQak.jpg

N78Ok3E.jpg

wi7lOxT.jpg

*The Ol' Canucklehead is just there for size comparison esp for those big 1/72 Strike Packs. ^_^

Dam noel! You're a consumer whore! :D

Picked up a couple of the new Eaglemoss 10" starships during their sitewide sale. Happy to finally have a really good quality TV Enterprise in my fleet now! :)

Saucer and secondary hull are diecast, so she's quite heavy for her size. :blink:

5a3a881889705_eaglemossenteprisetv.jpg.043fd5eeb1e233eaff6329bc89b514ee.jpg

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up a couple of the new Eaglemoss 10" starships during their sitewide sale. Happy to finally have a really good quality TV Enterprise in my fleet now! :)

Saucer and secondary hull are diecast, so she's quite heavy for her size. :blink:

Nice!!  I still want the BIG D and E! 

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

was never much a fan of the original TV Enterprise but that looks to be a very lovely model! I wish I hadn't sold off my Starship models.. might have to get some back!

Including this one! Thanks for posting the photo!

6 hours ago, recon said:

Damn noel. You are on a buying spree

Thanks! But some of them are prepaid already. Just want to make sure that they arrive before the holiday shipping spree. ^_^ 

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

So those Poison TOys add ons are for the MoShow Strike?

Yes sir! I think they changed company name due to legalities or some sort. ;)

6 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

So these gun dams come painted?

Yes. It comes pre-painted.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nice flying saucer, Lolicon! ^_^ Btw, not a consumer whore just some toy addict like you. And seriously, we really need some intervention before it will ruin our financial life. Hahaha! :lol:

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

@no3Ljm nice haul!!  I like that Wolvie makes an appearance in all the photos.

Thank you sir! Just need to put him since those Strike Packs are huge. Didn't expect it. So I put him there before someone asked how big it is. ;) 

1 hour ago, Zx31 said:

I just ordered those Strike parts as I didn't know they existed until now.

Congrats! You're not going to regret it. It's good quality. And it has some good diecast parts. The only problem is where to put it since it's big. ^_^

BA800A6B-E025-4C10-859C-89158231818A.thumb.jpeg.ea8999d84859ff9304411b6504bff456.jpeg

I might open classic Storm in the meantime to fill in my classic X-Men.  She’s only a little bit larger than standard Marvel Legends female figures and she’s wearing tall high heels making her look taller.

Got my second pre-Christmas haul in, this one from HLJ, the third should arrive tomorrow... MonsterArts G-2017 is pretty awesome, I wasn't too sure if I would like the sculpt based on promo shots, but I really like him in hand. Not pictured but I also got the last two Figuarts special promo whatever droid units as well, most importantly is BB-8, which is pictured on the back of Rey's box, but wasn't bundled with Rey :angry:, they handled those bundles in a really dumb way.

20171220_184005.thumb.jpg.e5e8490c7585469984876cd02cb12e7e.jpg