Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 10/28/2017 at 10:19 PM, sh9000 said:

Much shorter.  Back in March I was thinking about buying a few VF-11B’s from the line but after doing some research of the height and also asking jenius I realized that they were not to scale to HMR.

3DB15633-16DB-4344-A5EB-D87D499AEB75.thumb.jpeg.3bb0f0bb242539b396525462e09705e9.jpeg

I still need to get my 1/18 Tony Stark out of storage to see how he looks with the 1/18 cars.  Also to see if his head fits on an Iron Man body.  Opened up the Lamborghini Centenario and since I have Black Widow handy I put her inside in the meantime.

that Lambo looks great but I'm gonna wait for the AA version next year.. 

3 hours ago, spanner said:

that Lambo looks great but I'm gonna wait for the AA version next year.. 

Cool.  It’s a lovely car.  What color is the AA version?

C8C98821-A1B8-4B2C-B03E-AAD57C37561D.thumb.jpeg.b69270afbdd4cb030addca51fe91dfd6.jpeg

Got Marvel Legends 3.75” Thor and Hulk for 25% off and additional 5% off at Target.  I still love 3.75” figures.

51 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

That was a fun set to build. Did you get a good deal on it? It was a bit over priced on release.

I picked it up on amazon for $95 shipped. I have an AT-ST that will be here tomorrow, that I paid about $41 shipped overnight. Once Monday comes around I'll have my display corner set up. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I just got that MechaG and the Sentinel Eva AntiG recently.

That Sentinel EVA Anti-G is awesome! Post up some pics. :D

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Got another 1/100 VF-1D Battroid for the VF-1D head.

Nice addition to the collection.

Edited by Saburo

7 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Sanity, do you mind saying how much that YF-21 went for?

It was ¥35,000 from Mandarake, only damage I know of is a small chip in one of the black panels on the underside.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1075649964&ref=list

Considering how rare it is to even see a YF-21 for sale I jumped on it (at 3am when I got the alert email, lol).

[edit] I keep meaning to stop buying figures for a month and get some of your stands instead to use with them, but things like this keep tempting me.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It was ¥35,000 from Mandarake, only damage I know of is a small chip in one of the black panels on the underside.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1075649964&ref=list

Considering how rare it is to even see a YF-21 for sale I jumped on it (at 3am when I got the alert email, lol).

[edit] I keep meaning to stop buying figures for a month and get some of your stands instead to use with them, but things like this keep tempting me.

Geez, that has really shot up. I got mine off of Jungle for ¥25,812 shipped a few years ago. I am hoping Arcadia comes out with YF-21 within a few years.

5 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Geez, that has really shot up. I got mine off of Jungle for ¥25,812 shipped a few years ago. I am hoping Arcadia comes out with YF-21 within a few years.

Yeah, Chespest I see one at now is ~25,000 on Yahoo Japan auctions, but I doubt it will sell that low. The other 2 there are starting around 35,000.

38 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Took Mecha-G out it’s box.  Nice detail and good amount of die-cast. I’ll combine them this weekend.

Very nice! When did Mecha Godzilla become a Super Sentai machine? I only remember the old 60s/70s Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla, and only ever seen snippets of the newer depictions of MG.

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I had a feeling yours was the one that went for 35k recently. 

I'm also hoping for a new version of the 21. The Yamato still stands up well compared to newer releases, but she's showing her age. 

3 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Very nice! When did Mecha Godzilla become a Super Sentai machine? I only remember the old 60s/70s Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla, and only ever seen snippets of the newer depictions of MG.

This Gattai Mecha-G was never in a movie, the toy was based off an illustration/poster by Ohrai Noriyoshi who did many of the Godzilla movie posters.

mechaG.jpg.9ae589f1e14b08026686a1083a3567a9.jpg

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I had a feeling yours was the one that went for 35k recently. 

I'm also hoping for a new version of the 21. The Yamato still stands up well compared to newer releases, but she's showing her age. 

It would be nice, but it'll probably be a while, they still haven't even announced a tentative date for the new SV-51s. Plus if they're not going to release the VT-1 and VE-1 then I think they're insane.

Btw, if anyone's bummed that they didn't get a chance at the -21, there's 3 up on Yahoo Auctions Japan right now.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

14 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Nice pics.  Where's that hydralisk from?  That doesn't look like the late 90's/early 00's one.

StarCraft Series one. Picked it up in a 3 pack with a Tassadar and Firebat quite a few years back.

https://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-FIREBAT-Terran-Assalt-Trooper/dp/B0001AEU6O/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1510120671&sr=8-15&keywords=hydralisk

12 hours ago, Saburo said:

This Gattai Mecha-G was never in a movie, the toy was based off an illustration/poster by Ohrai Noriyoshi who did many of the Godzilla movie posters.

Ohhhh, that explains it, then. I saw the twin cannons and remember seeing a similar weapon on one of the newer Mecha-G revisions, so I thought that must have been it. Cool poster.