Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Spent the weekend out of state visiting a friend. Had a blast, and I decided to splurge at their local comics store. I got the nephew a nice Overwatch cardboard poster, but he snuck it away before I could snap any photos. And I got this for myself. Upon opening the box, my immediate reaction: "That's a strong start."

20171022_185535.jpg.5662242191820ae460f8a6f7d3615cea.jpg

Nice!

14 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Spent the weekend out of state visiting a friend. Had a blast, and I decided to splurge at their local comics store. I got the nephew a nice Overwatch cardboard poster, but he snuck it away before I could snap any photos. And I got this for myself. Upon opening the box, my immediate reaction: "That's a strong start."

20171022_185535.jpg.5662242191820ae460f8a6f7d3615cea.jpg

Welcome to Dark Souls... b***h!

just kidding, sort of. Let me know how it plays, I think my local gaming club might enjoy that...

2 hours ago, linitrofe said:

It's an amazing unit, congrats

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Wow -- isn't that more than the entire SDF-1 had? 

I keep thinking about getting one, but I don't really have the space to display it.

6B777078-4CB0-4878-BCC3-80863A5BE7F6.png.6f59a2bdccb3949abc24a9a6ef0c335f.png

Someday I’ll have 6 HMR Monsters with one extra to still keep MISB.  Every collection should have at least 1.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:34 AM, Convectuoso said:

Nice!

On 10/23/2017 at 9:13 AM, Valkyrie Driver said:

Welcome to Dark Souls... b***h!

just kidding, sort of. Let me know how it plays, I think my local gaming club might enjoy that...

Thanks.

@Valkyrie Driver I started a test run last night, and some initial thoughts in no particular order:

- Very much an RPG, not so much a board game. Lots of stat-tracking. Pen and paper would be useful to reduce clutter.
- Enemy behavior could be handled differently, namely a dedicated enemy player/DM. (I'm thinking up rules for that for when I play with my friends.) As is, it's a bit clumsy but functional once you know what everything means.
- Relies on cards for EVERYTHING. All sorts of cards, a good number of them not labeled very well.
- Takes up a LOT of real estate.
- Figures are frickin' awesome, especially the boss/mini-boss ones. I hear there are expansions, too...
- Once you know what you're doing, the game gets fun really fast. Once one person knows what he's doing, it's (presumably) easy to guide the other players through the game without them having to worry so much about the rules. (Another reason why a DM might not be a bad idea.)

Anyway, that's that. PM me if you want to talk about it more. (Or start a thread, if others want to join in, too.)

28 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Thanks.

@Valkyrie Driver I started a test run last night, and some initial thoughts in no particular order:

- Very much an RPG, not so much a board game. Lots of stat-tracking. Pen and paper would be useful to reduce clutter.
- Enemy behavior could be handled differently, namely a dedicated enemy player/DM. (I'm thinking up rules for that for when I play with my friends.) As is, it's a bit clumsy but functional once you know what everything means.
- Relies on cards for EVERYTHING. All sorts of cards, a good number of them not labeled very well.
- Takes up a LOT of real estate.
- Figures are frickin' awesome, especially the boss/mini-boss ones. I hear there are expansions, too...
- Once you know what you're doing, the game gets fun really fast. Once one person knows what he's doing, it's (presumably) easy to guide the other players through the game without them having to worry so much about the rules. (Another reason why a DM might not be a bad idea.)

Anyway, that's that. PM me if you want to talk about it more. (Or start a thread, if others want to join in, too.)

That sounds cool. Might be good for a multi session ongoing thing. 

Back to the Topic.

Nice purchases Anubis! Esp the Sheng Long! Sorely tempted to start collecting the Dragonball Figuarts, but I can't afford to start collecting a new line. :blink:

Also digging the God Cloth Pisces Aphrodite. You a Pisces? Or are you collecting all the Gold Saints?

I'm a Libra myself. Managed to snag a pre-order of God Cloth Libra Dohko from HLJ. It seems he's in high demand because he has the weapons and gripping hands of all the Gold Saints. I'm just after the Libra Saint though. :)

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Got my Miria 1J along with FIguarts Shenron and EX Pisces. 

New Haul 10/24/2017

Of course I had to open the big dragon first ^_^^_^

Figuarts Shenron

Wow, I didn't realize it was that big! Look forward to getting mine!

13 minutes ago, brouken said:

Nice purchases Anubis! Esp the Sheng Long! Sorely tempted to start collecting the Dragonball Figuarts, but I can't afford to start collecting a new line. :blink:

Same here...no way I'm into getting caught up in a bunch of DBZ figures. But, no way I was passing on Shenron either!

46 minutes ago, brouken said:

Also digging the God Cloth Pisces Aphrodite. You a Pisces? Or are you collecting all the Gold Saints?

I'm a Libra myself. Managed to snag a pre-order of God Cloth Libra Dohko from HLJ. It seems he's in high demand because he has the weapons and gripping hands of all the Gold Saints. I'm just after the Libra Saint though. :)

I love Saint Seiya, and I loooove the gold saints. I have all 12 original cloths and ive gotten 11 of the gold God cloths. Im a Virgo and double up on those because i want the figure as well as the object mode on display. Gemini is another one of my favorites because its the one i remember the most as kid when I watched the show. 

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow, I didn't realize it was that big! Look forward to getting mine!

Same here...no way I'm into getting caught up in a bunch of DBZ figures. But, no way I was passing on Shenron either!

Yea the box is huge and its also heavy, so dont be surprised when the shipping bill is higher than what you expected. I got hit with a 10K bill for all that from AE and it surprised me thinking Shenron was a figuarts and couldnt be that heavy but it was. 

Edited by anubis20

41 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I love Saint Seiya, and I loooove the gold saints. I have all 12 original cloths and ive gotten 11 of the gold God cloths. Im a Virgo and double up on those because i want the figure as well as the object mode on display. Gemini is another one of my favorites because its the one i remember the most as kid when I watched the show. 

Yea the box is huge and its also heavy, so dont be surprised when the shipping bill is higher than what you expected. I got hit with a 10K bill for all that from AE and it surprised me thinking Shenron was a figuarts and couldnt be that heavy but it was. 

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked at HLJ and it's 1580 to ship by itself SAL...not too bad. I'm waiting to add a few more things to the shipment before I have them send it out.

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got my Miria 1J along with FIguarts Shenron and EX Pisces. 

Of course I had to open the big dragon first ^_^^_^

Figuarts Shenron

^ Massive! :shok:

Hey Anubis, care to post a pic with a Figuarts beside it? How big is that in measurement? I'm guess-timating 10 inches in height?

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Wow, must be impressive to see them all lined up! I have the normal cloth ex Libra as well and all that diecast armor makes for one seriously impressive figure. All those weapons and extra hands for the rest of the Saints can only make me wistfully imagine how awesome having all of them together must be like, especially the God cloth versions. B))

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Massive! :shok:

Hey Anubis, care to post a pic with a Figuarts beside it? How big is that in measurement? I'm guess-timating 10 inches in height?

I'll Check when I get home ^_^

56 minutes ago, brouken said:

Wow, must be impressive to see them all lined up! I have the normal cloth ex Libra as well and all that diecast armor makes for one seriously impressive figure. All those weapons and extra hands for the rest of the Saints can only make me wistfully imagine how awesome having all of them together must be like, especially the God cloth versions. B))

You'd be surprised to know I only have 2 gold saints on display. I dont have any space :lol: But i bought them as they came out because they skyrocket in price after release. Some day i'll display them all together. Right now I have gold Gemini and Virgo along with Surplice Gemini, Cancer, and Capricorn on display. Bronze saints I have all 5 on display along with Athena. 

39 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Finally got a set of gbp armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D was actually surprised it was under $90 for being as mint as it was.

That’s a nice price for the armor. Congrats.