Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 9/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Hallmark's doing G1 TF ornaments now? He looks just like a miniature of the original! Does it actually transform?

13 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It does look like it can transform 

IMG_5176.thumb.JPG.8703b616c834801396003ee22f2e646f.JPGIMG_5177.thumb.JPG.f83669c1ff2820894e04fc942038cab7.JPGIMG_5175.thumb.JPG.7104b794f97360f1e5e5a84fb708dc36.JPG

Soundwave is their 4th release so far.  The other 3 are Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Grimlock.  They are sculpted and put together to look like the G1 toys but they don't transform.  I still think they are cool and I hope they continue making them.

IMG_5184.thumb.JPG.4e1154c0e2100d7add6f883b311c3be5.JPG

Got a 1/18 Elite KITT to go with 1/18 Elite KARR.  Now I can convert my regular 1/18 KITT into 1st appearance KARR.

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Congrats on getting Isamu! Every collection should have one! 

I agree! Its taller than i expected and certainly is one of the iconic poses of plus! ^_^

53 minutes ago, spanner said:

awesome! I paid a fair bit more than that for mine if I recall correctly.. nice find!

Thanks spanner, it was a used item, so that probably contributed to it being priced cheaper.

Quite happy to see the fig and the included stand in a pristine condition tho..^_^

I got my Hot Ryu from eBay for almost double its selling price at SDCC. But that's okay, considering how much a ticket to the US and then to SDCC would have cost me. :-) Hot Ryu is a great figure, with IMHO better sculpting than the regular Ryu, especially the face/head. Something just seems off with the face of the regular Ryu, though I'm still a hardcore fan of the regular costume/design.

I also have Ken, and am waiting for Gouki/Akuma to be released later this month from Ami-ami. I agree that the Storm/Nauts SFV figures are great (quite a step up in quality from the Play Arts Kai SFIV Versions), though I'm worried about the soft rubber used on the figures. I hope they don't disintegrate over time...

Congratulations again on your purchases!

Edited by brouken

Yesterday's delivery.

VF-31C, love the color and the head sculpt. Having two of them is making me regret passing on the -31F, if only for completion of Delta Platoon.

2017 Captain Phasma, has an actual metallic finish, updated head sculpt, hardpoint to stow her rifle, a sidarm, and her new spear, both compacted and extended.

And Roid's 1/72 262 kit. Not gonna touch the itasha decals, but I love the gold/white combo.

IMG_2682.JPG

26 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Ohhh I'd buy a DX version of that white 262 with and without the Mikumo graphic. That's an easy couple of sales from me, Bandai! 

You are not alone. Unfortunately the model SV-262 takes a lot of work to get looking good, what with the bad looking gold plastic and the huge number of decals.

6 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Where did you pick up the Pale Rider?

All the gundam kits are from Gentei Kits, though I also get some PBandai stuff from Mandarake as well.

The Drakens and Defender are from Nippon Yasan.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

To re-reiterate, this is the best assembled, painted, and pleasurable to handle DX Valkyrie I've ever owned. Bandai, if you're reading this, keep that factory happy!

In person, it's not that bright of a blue.  It's kind of deep navy grayish blue.  It comes off as somewhere between the grey on the legs and body and the black of the feet with a blue cast to it.

After your comment I tried to check if Mirage's gun pod had the maroon stripe in the show.  I was unable to confirm or deny.  I was able to find one brief shot in the final battle of the series where it seems the stripe on the gun pod is a dark gray, but it only lasted a fraction of a fraction of a second and could have easily been maroon in shadow.

1 hour ago, GabrielV said:

In person, it's not that bright of a blue.  It's kind of deep navy grayish blue.  It comes off as somewhere between the grey on the legs and body and the black of the feet with a blue cast to it.

After your comment I tried to check if Mirage's gun pod had the maroon stripe in the show.  I was unable to confirm or deny.  I was able to find one brief shot in the final battle of the series where it seems the stripe on the gun pod is a dark gray, but it only lasted a fraction of a fraction of a second and could have easily been maroon in shadow.

Gunpod has the same color stripe for every 31 valk. It stands out more on mirage and will probably do on chuck due to the contrast with bright solid colors.