Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

You might be able to get reimbursed for up to 6000 yen for SAL if you can show your items were damaged by USPS handling. If it's just the box and the item inside is fine, USPS won't give you anything.

I've gotten reimbursed by USPS before, but only because they completely lost the package.

Is this really the first time you've gotten a damaged parcel from USPS? I get damaged boxes all the time, courtesy of USPS incompetence.

Here's a small sampling of beaten up boxes I've received:

59a96827211d4_uspsshitheads01.jpg.72a2e2e4bfa89fe596ab4fe6dd6bfa4f.jpg

59a968281dbb1_uspsshitheads02.jpg.f5909e70bc7b259f315e3c1cb978d203.jpg

59a9682a0834f_uspsshitheads03.jpg.57e983f64ca09e041d3307bc4bef5b6f.jpg

59a9682ad6588_uspsshitheads04.jpg.087416ed1cc1081f41a03953b75ab31d.jpg

59a9682c20320_uspsshitheads05.jpg.9d939819f0b832d1014718a636b351bf.jpg

59a9682d534b7_uspsshitheads06.jpg.e5501d2e5b2f55d31bb5dfc27d343682.jpg

59a9682e7b247_uspsshitheads07.jpg.5c63bd1b3fca55d0a7dde026ae2c9ece.jpg

59a9682fb2f6d_uspsshitheads08.jpg.cae407f91f4c9cf2abc89e18d42ff442.jpg

59a96830c8984_uspsshitheads09.jpg.484c68980d1346f3653ebfd4077f355e.jpg

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the post office, since SAL will see the package go through all sorts of hands. If you regularly get local packages, compare those to the international ones. Mine are always in pretty good shape. The only time I had a badly damaged box was when I decided to use overseas shipping. The shipping box and both item boxes were crushed, but the kits themselves were still A-OK. I don't want to think how many weeks it must have spent tumbling around a ship hold...

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You might be able to get reimbursed for up to 6000 yen for SAL if you can show your items were damaged by USPS handling. If it's just the box and the item inside is fine, USPS won't give you anything.

I've gotten reimbursed by USPS before, but only because they completely lost the package.

Is this really the first time you've gotten a damaged parcel from USPS? I get damaged boxes all the time, courtesy of USPS incompetence.

Here's a small sampling of beaten up boxes I've received:

59a968281dbb1_uspsshitheads02.jpg.f5909e70bc7b259f315e3c1cb978d203.jpg

59a9682a0834f_uspsshitheads03.jpg.57e983f64ca09e041d3307bc4bef5b6f.jpg

59a9682ad6588_uspsshitheads04.jpg.087416ed1cc1081f41a03953b75ab31d.jpg

59a96830c8984_uspsshitheads09.jpg.484c68980d1346f3653ebfd4077f355e.jpg

Wow! :blink: I just realized that I complain sometimes when box corners have dings and bents when I received my package. But looking at this now, man. 

Anyways, IMHO, I really couldn't tell which service to blame. These packages are being handled by people and machines. So it's really hard to pinpoint who and what. Is it Japan Post? Is it USPS? Is it FedEx? Is it UPS? I mean, there's probably good people who works there that somehow respects these packages. And probably there's some people there who works just because it's work. And there's probably some people who just likes to throw packages all around the places. The lesson for me here is that as long that the content inside is in good condition, nothing broken, nothing missing, then I will let it pass. I'm not expecting for all my boxes to be in pristine condition. The moment I bought something online, I'm not expecting the boxes to be 100% good condition. But if it's the other way around then ofcourse I need to do everything just to have me compensated somehow. But yeah, it might take months for that to happen. And be on the phone most of the time listening to music while you're on-hold until you talk to certain people. It's nice if the person on the other line is nice to talk too. Unless ofcourse you have waited 40mins on-hold only to talk to the most rude person in the world -- which will bring out your worst out of you. :unsure:

Anyways, enough of my opinion. I do hope that all the packages inside are safe and complate. ^_^

Edit: The reason why I selected these photos posted by Lolicon, I wonder if some of these happened during in-transit? Like the last photo, how do we know that they received it like that, right? What if the packages keeps throwing it out everywhere, and then they just slap the sticker there? That's why it's really hard to point out who's who to blame. Oh well... :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Not exactly a toy, but I found another hurricane survivor in my yard. :o

59a98f02f3629_hurricaneharveysurvivor.jpg.7587231d7bc302c8dd841b410a27aa26.jpg

Good to know that you're safe and sound too, Lolicon. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

*snip*

Anyways, enough of my opinion. I do hope that all the packages inside are safe and complate. ^_^

Edit: The reason why I selected these photos posted by Lolicon, I wonder if some of these happened during in-transit? Like the last photo, how do we know that they received it like that, right? What if the packages keeps throwing it out everywhere, and then they just slap the sticker there? That's why it's really hard to point out who's who to blame. Oh well... :unsure:

Good to know that you're safe and sound too, Lolicon. ;)

LMAO thanks! :lol: In a bizarre coincidence, my cat is also named Harvey. How perfect would it have been if this was the storm that finally did me in? 

Perhaps not all of them were damaged while in USPS possession, but I'm certain the ones wrapped in USPS tape and have a note of apology attached were damaged by USPS. The others may have been damaged by Japan Post or whoever they're contracting to move packages overseas before being handed off to USPS. :rolleyes:

k25WYwY.gif.c4c7c47cb01e7d5e01bf328b4410f448.gif

Edited by Lolicon

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Been wanting a second 25A for ages and finally received it, just before the hurricane hit. ^_^

Not exactly a toy, but I found another hurricane survivor in my yard. :o

D'awww, kitty.

Glad to know you and it are doing okay. You gonna adopt it? Or take it to a shelter soon as the flood (finally) recedes?

Also, here's to hoping the delivery guys made it out alright, too. :D

@Lolicon, it hurts to just look at the pictures!! I have gotten damage before, this time is the worst.

Here's my order info, so it's registered SAL, so anything / anywhere I can pursue??

ORDER ID: 2300322
Grand Total: 6,080 yen
------------------------------------------------------------
Items:
[Shop Item No.: sp6rt011816-00HHW6FK]Bandai Hi-Metal R Valkyrie (Standard Mass Production Machine)
5,000 yen x 1
---------------
Sub total: 5,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,080 yen
---------------
Shipping Method:
SAL small packet registered
Package Tracking Number:
RR395109692JP

1 hour ago, F360 said:

I wasnt going to originally , but since its free shipping ........... click , add to cart.

Haha nice! 

Today i got Figma Guts Berserker Armor Ver :wub: and i found a lot of 14 Figma stands on YAJ. I prefer the Figma stands since they have a smaller footprint than the tamashii stages.

New Haul 09/01/2017New Haul 09/01/2017

Edited by anubis20

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

Wow , looks like youre getting all the Berserk Figmas.  Maybe its time to get a figma horse or a revoltech one.   I think those lord of the ring one should work pretty well for him.

Haha no not all of them. Casca amd Griffith im gonna wait for a reissue or pass on them. I just want the Black swordsman reissue and thats it. I'll look into one of the horse. Thanks! 

19 hours ago, kajnrig said:

D'awww, kitty.

Glad to know you and it are doing okay. You gonna adopt it? Or take it to a shelter soon as the flood (finally) recedes?

Also, here's to hoping the delivery guys made it out alright, too. :D

The little one has been reunited with his mommy, so all's well. A good thing too, because they need 'round the clock feeding at that age, and I have to go to work. :o

15 hours ago, yman1437 said:

@Lolicon, it hurts to just look at the pictures!! I have gotten damage before, this time is the worst.

Here's my order info, so it's registered SAL, so anything / anywhere I can pursue??

ORDER ID: 2300322
Items:
[Shop Item No.: sp6rt011816-00HHW6FK]Bandai Hi-Metal R Valkyrie (Standard Mass Production Machine)
5,000 yen x 1
---------------
Sub total: 5,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,080 yen
---------------
Shipping Method:
SAL small packet registered
Package Tracking Number:
RR395109692JP

I would contact Mandarake and let them know about it so they can file a claim on their end. Then I'd file a claim yourself with USPS and provide that info to Mandarake. Since you actually received the item, I wouldn't be too hopeful of any compensation. I don't know of any instance where USPS actually reimbursed anyone short of them losing the package entirely.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The little one has been reunited with his mommy, so all's well. A good thing too, because they need 'round the clock feeding at that age, and I have to go to work. :o

I would contact Mandarake and let them know about it so they can file a claim on their end. Then I'd file a claim yourself with USPS and provide that info to Mandarake. Since you actually received the item, I wouldn't be too hopeful of any compensation. I don't know of any instance where USPS actually reimbursed anyone short of them losing the package entirely.

How do you make claims for registered SAL? On the website you can only do that for domestic mails....I know I probably won't get anything, but I need to let them see how bad they treated the package!

3 hours ago, yman1437 said:

How do you make claims for registered SAL? On the website you can only do that for domestic mails....I know I probably won't get anything, but I need to let them see how bad they treated the package!

You can't, actually. USPS will tell you to contact your seller since they're the ones who need to file the claim and not you (the buyer), since they're the ones who paid for the shipping. I have to tell you that it's really a long process and you really need to have long patience too. I mentioned here before that USPS lost my Figuarts Iron Man figure somewhere. They told me that since 2 months have passed since May delivery date, it might have be sent back to the seller or something. But up to now, Nippon-Yasan hasn't informed me if they received the package back yet. However, they already filed a claim for it thru JapanPost. And it's almost past 2 months since their claim filing.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Love it when deliveries come on a Saturday morning!!! 

20170902_120617.jpg

Those small Defender boxes looks cute. ;)

On 9/1/2017 at 3:03 AM, yman1437 said:

While waiting for PO to open, let me share my most horrific SAL shipping experience so far.....have you seen it this bad??

large.20170829_115610.jpg.5e61db619c5d694333765fcb9f6a551b.jpg

Emailed mandarake.....got the reply, pretty much what's expected: sorry to be you, you're OOL.

Thank you for your service and I have always been satisfied. 

I received the following package and unfortunately it's badly damaged. I know it's the fault of the postal office, but I just want to show you the terrible damage, maybe you can consider using more secured packaging in the future. Thank you for your attention.

Hello,

Sorry for hear that your package has arrived with bad condition.

The Packaging was our standard.
For next time, if you want a secured package,
please let us know in a comment section when you make an order.

Regards.
xxxxxxxx

On 7/9/2017 at 6:18 PM, Slave IV said:

Got an SHF Droid and some RS Gundams:

star-wars_shf_battle-droid_dsc05645-jpg.

Did you have any trouble with the forearms falling right out of their sockets when you picked the droid up?  Or the finger joints falling apart?

Man this thread has become a mess to read through with all the photobucket images broken