Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 7/29/2017 at 6:44 PM, anubis20 said:

Received my Myth Cloth EX Gemini Revival Ver. ^_^ Found it at some random online store, had no hope of getting it since I had it on PO at MHToyShop and they closed up shop, stole people's money, and didnt ship anything out.

35419506274_8009aab501_b.jpg

Hey Anubis. I'm curious on this line of figures. Does the shiny chrome finish somehow deminish over time? Just like some old 70's toy that all the chrome looking parts worn out and shows the actual plastic underneath.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Anubis. I'm curious on this line of figures. Does the shiny chrome finish somehow deminish over time? Just like some old 70's toy that all the chrome looking parts worn out and shows the actual plastic underneath.

Thanks!

Most parts are metal with gold painting. I think thats why it keeps its shine over time. Ive seen some over 5 years ago unpacked and looks pristine.

3 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

Most parts are metal with gold painting. I think thats why it keeps its shine over time. Ive seen some over 5 years ago unpacked and looks pristine.

Oh. That's good to know. Thanks Mr Bomber! ;)

I'm actually not a big fan of this series, but the toy looks shiny. B))

This is from the past week.  Three SDCC exclusives.  Movie Realization Storm Trooper Prototype Boba Fett, Mezco One:12 Deadpool in his X-Men Uniform and Miles Morales Spider-Man.  Plus Figuarts R2 and Threepio.  And lastly the Super Parts for Ozma's 25.

IMG_0094.thumb.JPG.5c7065078af025264e536d096055930a.JPG

On 7/29/2017 at 0:45 AM, F360 said:

This is one of my bigger HLJ shipments, due to the previous sales adding up to 60 days.

They really PACKED in there, I used EMS this time to save 1000 yen :lol:,

but I'll probably go back to using FEDEX next time since they normally used a wider box, which is better for the items inside.;)

big but narrow box, the corners, sigh...<_<

IMG_1543.jpg.d1c8d9861778e6f1810f13e50246b804.jpg

someone is very good at 3d tetris-_-  I got 2 air bubbles. 

IMG_1537.jpg.0c930002e8f8b8c1dadcf92e7924ebc8.jpg

take some out, and look, almost all the space is used :o

IMG_1538.jpg.cf92b5680dfb2fa4173674232ed67381.jpg

The Macross stuff

IMG_1540.jpg.e1075717c6d724891fade6b0f31f6fa9.jpg

The Chogokin robot stuff, yes, that girl is a Alloy/chogokin and not a figmaB))

IMG_1541.jpg.db22f071656f15e837dfa56fec6f6f9b.jpg

Gundams, , figma ,revoltech and lots of robots :p

IMG_1542.jpg.b794761cc383a65cd3c713f33c91a0ff.jpg

HLJ was able to provide EMS shipping on all these items for 10820.  (that's actually a very good price for the weight and size)

But some of the boxes corners  like vf-1s box is not looking too good.   I would've prefer they use a wider style box like what they normally do.

This is more of a unboxing of the shipping box, huh? kinda?:D

I saw you sneak in that PF VF-1S <~<

You ain't slick son!    

58 minutes ago, Astralith said:

I saw you sneak in that PF VF-1S <~<

You ain't slick son!    

:poh, that's just the items from the macross item pic that I push to side so the phone can focus on the robots in the last pic.  the chogokin from other pic is on the right side not in view.

There's is some other boxes on the other side of the room that do have a PF VF-1s roy along with other things but it wasn't part of this big HLJ shipment.  

or are you saying the PF vf-1s wasn't from the HLJ box.  :o  and that it won't fit.    HLJ made it fit. B))

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh. That's good to know. Thanks Mr Bomber! ;)

I'm actually not a big fan of this series, but the toy looks shiny. B))

The series is awesome and it was a big deal here in south america in tbe 90s before dragon ball came. The line its pretty big and most of time its sold out. You should watch it again then. Today i read netflix its doing a cgi remake of the first arc.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

This is from the past week.  Three SDCC exclusives.  Movie Realization Storm Trooper Prototype Boba Fett, Mezco One:12 Deadpool in his X-Men Uniform and Miles Morales Spider-Man.  Plus Figuarts R2 and Threepio.  And lastly the Super Parts for Ozma's 25.

IMG_0094.thumb.JPG.5c7065078af025264e536d096055930a.JPG

Nice haul! The Mezco figures look great. Now I kinda regret not ordering them. 

Picked up the lightbox that noel recommended. Works well, but I wish it was a little bigger. B)) Some quick test shots with different backgrounds. Guess I'll have to swap backgrounds depending on the items being photographed. :huh:

SMS Skull Squadron

59838c69b896c_lightboxtest01.thumb.jpg.ca520df6986a8c17af61fbf223593171.jpg

5983950682032_lightboxtest04.thumb.jpg.e331fa99b229d01301e402e550955659.jpg

At least it's big enough for one battroid. :rolleyes:

59838c6cf0448_lightboxtest03.thumb.jpg.752cb4b749661a6047bbef423945724e.jpg  59839507910b0_lightboxtest05.thumb.jpg.1735b5b4220f6fd0c6e2e9012ba2b66f.jpg

Edited by Lolicon
Comparison pics

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up the lightbox that noel recommended. Works well, but I wish it was a little bigger. B)) Some quick test shots with different backgrounds. Guess I'll have to swap backgrounds depending on the items being photographed. :huh:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

:good:  ;) 

Ooh, what's the brand and where'd you get it? And what kind of camera are you using?

(And while you're at it, please answer my short list of 300 related questions about cameras and camera accessories please... :D )

16 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice haul! The Mezco figures look great. Now I kinda regret not ordering them. 

Deadpool is pretty cool though I hate how poorly articulated the ankles are.  Miles is okay but I don't think it's worth worrying about skipping that one.

21 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Deadpool is pretty cool though I hate how poorly articulated the ankles are.  Miles is okay but I don't think it's worth worrying about skipping that one.

Yeah, they look great but I don't need multiple versions of the same/similar characters and then multiple versions of those from different companies. I'm sticking with Mezco for the ones I really like and feel are important enough to have the premium Mezco version of. Plus, Revo is making incredible versions of a lot of Marvel Comic characters too. My marvel collection is already taking up way more space than I planned for. I hear you on the Mezco articulation in the ankle and some other parts too. I feel they could do a much better job, especially given the price they charge.

40 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Ooh, what's the brand and where'd you get it? And what kind of camera are you using?

(And while you're at it, please answer my short list of 300 related questions about cameras and camera accessories please... :D )

Here's the lightbox:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R8LUH6Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for camera questions, it's best directed to a pro like Saburo. I'm just using my Nexus 6P camera. :rolleyes:

My monthly HLJ haul. I've been dying to get Figma Guyver 3 for quite a while now, like many others I missed out on the old Max Factory Guyver figures, so I was pleased to see the Figma Guyver line continue long enough to give us the fan favorite Unit 3. Not a Depp fan, or a Pirates movie fan really, but I thought Captain Jack looked like a nice Figuart, so I nabbed one, and he's pretty fun! I may have too many Figuarts at this point, since my last count, which was two hauls and many more Figuarts ago, I'm at 119 counting doubles... I might have a problem.

20170803_183218.thumb.jpg.ffdd0adca80743ba49f29de68f028f25.jpg

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Here's the lightbox:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R8LUH6Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for camera questions, it's best directed to a pro like Saburo. I'm just using my Nexus 6P camera. :rolleyes:

Lolicon already posted the link. And I'm just using my iPhone 7 Plus. ^_^

On 7/28/2017 at 3:13 PM, no3Ljm said:

True. I just couldn't resist the sale at HLJ last time for Y24500 from initial Y32000+ that I paid from the first release. Since this is a niche product, I decided to get two for backup if ever I break the first one. Hehehe. ^_^

Wow... Richard spotted . kekeke....

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Here's the lightbox:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Lolicon already posted the link. And I'm just using my iPhone 7 Plus. ^_^

Thanks again. Good to know my phone'll be able to produce some generally good photos, then. It's amazing how good lighting can improve a phone camera.

3 hours ago, erizai said:

Wow... Richard spotted . kekeke....

Wait. What? :huh:

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Thanks again. Good to know my phone'll be able to produce some generally good photos, then. It's amazing how good lighting can improve a phone camera.

You're welcome. ;) 

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

SMS Skull Squadron

59838c69b896c_lightboxtest01.thumb.jpg.ca520df6986a8c17af61fbf223593171.jpg

5983950682032_lightboxtest04.thumb.jpg.e331fa99b229d01301e402e550955659.jpg

At least it's big enough for one battroid. :rolleyes:

59838c6cf0448_lightboxtest03.thumb.jpg.752cb4b749661a6047bbef423945724e.jpg  59839507910b0_lightboxtest05.thumb.jpg.1735b5b4220f6fd0c6e2e9012ba2b66f.jpg

Great shots Lolicon, between you and @no3Ljm, also as more members start posting studio shots I can retire. :)

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Here's the lightbox:

I'll answer the any questions anyone has to the best of my knowlegde.

11 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Lighting is one of the trickier parts of photography and can vastly improve a photo or make it worse. Its fun to experiment with different lighting setups so you can get much different effects.

Edited by Saburo

53 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Finally found a 1/60 SAP for a decent price. Also got a KO Metal Build stand for my Metal Composite Unicorn Banshee and Figma Slan and Conrad.

36208135112_50f00a05a0_b.jpg

Nice , I totally forgot about those stands.  Might need to get 1 or 2 for my MC Unicorns too. They really should've come with stands in the first place .  

46 minutes ago, F360 said:

Nice , I totally forgot about those stands.  Might need to get 1 or 2 for my MC Unicorns too. They really should've come with stands in the first place .  

The final battle version actually comes with one. The main problem is that the Banshee and Unicorn did not come with suitable adapters for a stand so its its kinda trick them to get them on the stand but it can be done.   

12 hours ago, Saburo said:

Great shots Lolicon, between you and @no3Ljm, also as more members start posting studio shots I can retire. :)

Nooo you're not allowed to retire. :lol:

11 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Nice weathering @Lolicon.  Is it with airbrush?

Nah, just some simple Tamiya weathering kit. I did recently change it from a flat to semi-gloss finish so it matches more recent stuff I've worked on, which incidentally reflects a lot more light. :mellow:

40 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

he truly is a great master. honestly think the his vf-1s roy is one of the best! 

Thanks! I'm far from being a master though. I just try to make my stuff look as good as I can with my limited skill set. B))

One day I hope to make an SDF-1 half as good as the real masters here. :wub:

14 hours ago, Saburo said:

You need to print that Macross Coffee Table Book first before you retire, @Saburo. Right, @Lolicon? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! I'm far from being a master though. I just try to make my stuff look as good as I can with my limited skill set. B))

One day I hope to make an SDF-1 half as good as the real masters here. :wub:

Me too. Would love to make a cool SDF-1. ^_^