Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Yeah I saw the listings for Commander Gree and ML A-Force but I passed.  I need to stay focused.  I plan on getting the Deadpool wave and X-Men wave for sure.  The 12" Wolverine looks cool but it needs to be super discounted.

Not any models but still an import

5978b8612229b_20170725_1711531.jpg.ca91c7b6b99e93f729d191119ea34e59.jpg

Also got a digital copy of Irregular at Magic School: Out of Order since the physical was out of stock. This is also my last purchase for a while since GW is preparing to assault my wallet with new model releases.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I saw the listings for Commander Gree and ML A-Force but I passed.  I need to stay focused.  I plan on getting the Deadpool wave and X-Men wave for sure.  The 12" Wolverine looks cool but it needs to be super discounted.

I haven't bought any of the 12" MLs yet but they all seem to go on discount. I want Spidey, Deadpool and Wolverine but don't think they are worth more than $25. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Also just got some MLs including Dark Phoenix/Cyclops

Congrats on getting the order of this set fulfilled.  I'm glad I checked the Toyark forum in the early morning when the link was posted.

Oh and shameless plug to part of my collection over there.  B))

http://www.toyark.com/my-collection-169003/

14 hours ago, kajnrig said:

The SS/G isn't piloted by Setsuna, right? Or at all, really, if I remember correctly. It was simulation data, same as the Full Saber Quanta, from whatever that side story was. 00V, I think.

I just checked and it was. Setsuna piloted the 7S/G in the 00V chapter. The Full Saber Quan[T] however are run with Veda's simulation test. So far, seeing it has different box design kinda threw me off. Hehehe. :lol: 

8 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Yea Bandai is all over the place with the art boxes for Metal Builds. Personally im not a fan of the cheesy CG art on this one <_< 

Just like everyone else :lol:

*snip*

Shiryu is what i was the most excited to get in that package. I'll mess with it later on today and snap some pics. 

I have no clue whats the story with the 7S, never really got into the MSV stories of 00. All I know is I like the designs and I really want a Metal Build Astrea Type F :wub:

Hear! Hear! Hope they make that teased Metal Build Astraea soon. And hope it's the white one first. ^_^

Anyways, great catch everyone! ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I just checked and it was. Setsuna piloted the 7S/G in the 00V chapter. The Full Saber Quan[T] however are run with Veda's simulation test. So far, seeing it has different box design kinda threw me off. Hehehe. :lol: 

That's why you're the real MVP. ;)

19 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Nice. You gotta snap some pics of that Nerv Eva-Godzilla. That thing looks so frickin' cool.

The SS/G isn't piloted by Setsuna, right? Or at all, really, if I remember correctly. It was simulation data, same as the Full Saber Quanta, from whatever that side story was. 00V, I think.

Pics as promised ^_^

35382803833_5a35dc5c34_b.jpg36146190746_768b9da170_b.jpg

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

That's why you're the real MVP. ;)

Now now. I only wanted to have a regular white Metal Build Setsuna Box. Is that too much to ask? ^_^

You know, kind of like when you joined them together it will form a one-of-a-kind cool looking art. Just like this one. :rolleyes:

Zkqj4rS.jpg

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Pics as promised ^_^

35382803833_5a35dc5c34_b.jpg

36146190746_768b9da170_b.jpg

That's a cool figure, Anubis. ;)  It feels like it came out from Zone of the Enders video game. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

Got this today at work. ^_^ 

- 2nd Orguss figure from last HLJ's sale.
XQA5wMI.jpg

uwh1CMR.jpg

- Hi-Metal R VF-1J TV. Instant purchase after a successful Hi-Metal R VF-2SS preorder on the same evening.
- Super Mini-Pla Galient 2-pack.

ZxcMRhg.jpg

- Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G. Still wish it has a standard white Setsuna box. :rolleyes:
5YCQiVp.jpg

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Pics as promised ^_^

*whimper* I shouldn't have asked. Now I want one...

That's a cool figure, Anubis. ;)  It feels like it came out from Zone of the Enders video game. ^_^

That's because it was designed by Yoji Shinkawa. He really likes that head shape; he started using it with ZoE and has been putting it into his mecha designs since. Metal Gear Ray has a similar head, and his original design for Frame Arms, the Byakko, also shares that look: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10465646

10465646a.jpg

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Looks great. I dig wagons; they're such sleepers.

Thanks! And yup, exactly! Nothing like being able to take the whole family on a trip just about anywhere, and being able to wipe the floor off just about any other car in the road on a stretch or a winding road in the snow :) 

Got this today at work. ^_^ 

- 2nd Orguss figure from last HLJ's sale.
XQA5wMI.jpg

uwh1CMR.jpg

- Hi-Metal R VF-1J TV. Instant purchase after a successful Hi-Metal R VF-2SS preorder on the same evening.
- Super Mini-Pla Galient 2-pack.

ZxcMRhg.jpg

- Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G. Still wish it has a standard white Setsuna box. :rolleyes:
5YCQiVp.jpg

Nice haul!

Cant wait to get my Nerv Anti G figure too! Saw pics comparing to the Black Summer Exclusive version and both nice but one regular will do for me. 

12 minutes ago, erizai said:

Nice... somehow this one the price tag scared away... envy

True. I just couldn't resist the sale at HLJ last time for Y24500 from initial Y32000+ that I paid from the first release. Since this is a niche product, I decided to get two for backup if ever I break the first one. Hehehe. ^_^

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. I just couldn't resist the sale at HLJ last time for Y24500 from initial Y32000+ that I paid from the first release. Since this is a niche product, I decided to get two for backup if ever I break the first one. Hehehe. ^_^

That price was really good since they also give back 6100 yen in Hlj credits.  

This is one of my bigger HLJ shipments, due to the previous sales adding up to 60 days.

They really PACKED in there, I used EMS this time to save 1000 yen :lol:,

but I'll probably go back to using FEDEX next time since they normally used a wider box, which is better for the items inside.;)

big but narrow box, the corners, sigh...<_<

IMG_1543.jpg.d1c8d9861778e6f1810f13e50246b804.jpg

someone is very good at 3d tetris-_-  I got 2 air bubbles. 

IMG_1537.jpg.0c930002e8f8b8c1dadcf92e7924ebc8.jpg

take some out, and look, almost all the space is used :o

IMG_1538.jpg.cf92b5680dfb2fa4173674232ed67381.jpg

The Macross stuff

IMG_1540.jpg.e1075717c6d724891fade6b0f31f6fa9.jpg

The Chogokin robot stuff, yes, that girl is a Alloy/chogokin and not a figmaB))

IMG_1541.jpg.db22f071656f15e837dfa56fec6f6f9b.jpg

Gundams, , figma ,revoltech and lots of robots :p

IMG_1542.jpg.b794761cc383a65cd3c713f33c91a0ff.jpg

HLJ was able to provide EMS shipping on all these items for 10820.  (that's actually a very good price for the weight and size)

But some of the boxes corners  like vf-1s box is not looking too good.   I would've prefer they use a wider style box like what they normally do.

This is more of a unboxing of the shipping box, huh? kinda?:D

12 minutes ago, F360 said:

This is one of my bigger HLJ shipments, due to the previous sales adding up to 60 days.

They really PACKED in there, I used EMS this time to save 1000 yen :lol:,

but I'll probably go back to using FEDEX next time since they normally used a wider box, which is better for the items inside.;)

big but narrow box, the corners, sigh...<_<

IMG_1543.jpg.d1c8d9861778e6f1810f13e50246b804.jpg

someone is very good at 3d tetris-_-  I got 2 air bubbles. 

IMG_1537.jpg.0c930002e8f8b8c1dadcf92e7924ebc8.jpg

take some out, and look, almost all the space is used :o

IMG_1538.jpg.cf92b5680dfb2fa4173674232ed67381.jpg

The Macross stuff

IMG_1540.jpg.e1075717c6d724891fade6b0f31f6fa9.jpg

The Chogokin robot stuff, yes, that girl is a Alloy/chogokin and not a figmaB))

IMG_1541.jpg.db22f071656f15e837dfa56fec6f6f9b.jpg

Gundams, , figma ,revoltech and lots of robots :p

IMG_1542.jpg.b794761cc383a65cd3c713f33c91a0ff.jpg

HLJ was able to provide EMS shipping on all these items for 10820.  (that's actually a very good price for the weight and size)

But some of the boxes corners  like vf-1s box is not looking too good.   I would've prefer they use a wider style box like what they normally do.

This is more of a unboxing of the shipping box, huh? kinda?:D

Wow! :shok: That's a lot for one box, F360! And two Orguss to boot! Nice! ;)

Knowing that most of the items there are expensive, you should've break it into 3-4 packages just to maximize your insurance coverage. I'm sure I'm going to be in panic mode if something happened to them while in transit since everything is fitted in Tetris style. Hehehe. ^_^ 

But still, that's one pile of loot you have there. :good:  ;) 

57 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! :shok: That's a lot for one box, F360! And two Orguss to boot! Nice! ;)

Knowing that most of the items there are expensive, you should've break it into 3-4 packages just to maximize your insurance coverage. I'm sure I'm going to be in panic mode if something happened to them while in transit since everything is fitted in Tetris style. Hehehe. ^_^ 

But still, that's one pile of loot you have there. :good:  ;) 

yeah, the price was too good, I ended up buying another one.  HLJ credit is just as good as cash for me.

Yup, with it packed like that , a big drop or kick, or a box corner falling on it , would definitely damage the item on the other side.

I play around with the shipping and prices and if I were to ship it out in 2 boxes, it would be about 3000 yen more.  

I normally save on shipping whenever possible, the money I saved over the years is suppose to be my own backup coverage if needed.:ph34r:

I do lots of sal small packet registers, then EMS, then FEDEX, or DHL.  But I do plan according depending on seasons,  Christmas,  new years, etc.   I try not to ship things around those times.  or if I do, I would set certain restrictions like, need to get extra insurance, ship all those separately, ship it before or after.  Pay ems so I won't be stuck in their blacklog carts for 1 month around christmas.  ^_^

Great haul! I sometimes spend hours messing with shipping options to get the lowest price. Usually, I find using multiple, smaller boxes is cheaper than one big box. It just depends but I think the most I ever spent on a single box was around 70,000 yen.

Received my Myth Cloth EX Gemini Revival Ver. ^_^ Found it at some random online store, had no hope of getting it since I had it on PO at MHToyShop and they closed up shop, stole people's money, and didnt ship anything out.

35419506274_8009aab501_b.jpg

Edited by anubis20

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I'm hoping for a new Psylocke. 

Your not the only one.  I have The X-force version and I really want to see an updated version on the Ms Marvel buck.

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I'm hoping for a new Psylocke. 

All I need is a new Marvel Legends Storm in white costume and Professor X with hoverchair and I'd be ok but if there was also a new Gambit, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Beast, and proper Iceman and Colossus I would still get them.

6 minutes ago, Golden Arms said:

Your not the only one.  I have The X-force version and I really want to see an updated version on the Ms Marvel buck.

It will be nice to have the Marvel Legends X-Force X-23 and HasCon Exclusive Deadpool.

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

All I need is a new Marvel Legends Storm in white costume and Professor X with hoverchair and I'd be ok but if there was also a new Gambit, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Beast, and proper Iceman and Colossus I would still get them.

It will be nice to have the Marvel Legends X-Force X-23 and HasCon Exclusive Deadpool.

Yeah, I so need an updated Storm.

I hope we get the rest of 90's X-force in the Despoil legends line. 

Picked up a Super Sylph and Metal Build Freedom Gundam on the sale forums so I've oficially branched out from just getting Macross DX's; I fear for my walet's saftey.

20170731_201846.thumb.jpg.5e80cb2c10c4e625834403bf34be4928.jpg20170731_201834.thumb.jpg.bb8ef4068587cb62dd7a7a52e4e92f27.jpg

Waiting on a backordered component to fix my camera so tablet camera quality will have to do for now.

Edited by Jaustin89