Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

Finely got this guy for my collection,  Man I love the 48's 

IMG_8686.jpg

Nice pickup! I've seen that one on yahoo auctions a few times and almost pulled the trigger. 

I love the 1/48s too. Have a few coming in from "From Japan" this week. 

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

You know...I've been around here a while...and I gotta say, I have NEVER seen that particular Yamato 1:48 before! Cool pickup! 

It was a mail-in exclusive for some magazine back in the day during the 1/60v2 era, iirc.

edit:  oh, it says there in the box itself:  "Macross Chronicle"

Edited by treatment

I'd love to snap pics of my Macross gets, but unfortunately USPS has decided the most efficient way to get my stuff to me is by ping-ponging it back and forth between here and Chicago.

Plus the mailperson couldn't be bothered to walk the ten feet to drop off my other package, so waited three days before throwing a failed delivery notice in my mailbox. I mean frakk you, I would've been fine with picking it up from the post office myself, if only you didn't drag your ass about it then falsify a note. Plus there's a little thing called tracking. When it's been sitting at the post office for seven days without update, it's kind of obvious you're being a little crap.

...sorry, just never gotten such bad service from them before. There was bound to be a lemon eventually. Amazon Prime Day couldn't have been easy, either. But still.

19 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Grabbed a glow stick from ChristopherB.

*snip*

Nice! Love those Fold Boosters on YF-19/21. ;)

Good thing you posted this photo. I have to remove my batteries on both of my Fold Boosters. ^_^

Everything FINALLY arrived. The box came and left town three times before finally showing up on my doorstep without a delivery update on lucky stop number four.

- A couple Gundam HGs for fun
- Force Impulse MG for an incoming Stargazer conversion kit
- Figure-rise bust of Kaname because it was on sale so why not
- 1/100 YF-29 so I can upscale the stickers into decals for the 1/72 kit
- Bandai VF-31F to do some mods, plus the build is fun despite my complaints about it
- Plus some tools and supplies in the middle there

20170719_154549.jpg

Edited by kajnrig

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got my June Tamashii Web Exclusives. Box for MB 150 Gerbera Straight is huge! 

June Web Exclusives

Wow! :shok:

How big is the box, Anubis? Is it the same as Figuarts Chogokin Hulkbuster?

Nice.  I was able to get Cyclops and Collosus  from Hasbrotoyshop.  I have the dark phoenix and Cyclops two pack shipping from the Toys R US webstore.

Thanks.  Yeah HTS is where I got my extra Cyclops.  I got Marvel Select Colossus to go with the team.  Also have a few others coming in.  My 2 sets of Dark Phoenix/Cyclops should be arriving Monday.  I have a TRU 15% off coupon and TRU rewards so I'm going to price adjust the sets to get them super discounted.

I've gotta stop buying Lego sets that I haven't budgeted for. ToysRus sent me an in stock notification email for the Saturn V, I've heard nothing but good things so I had to grab one. Got the Ecto 1 and 2 from the reboot to complete the Lego Ghostbuster releases, I have the first Ecto 1 and Firehouse HQ as well, and I got the Simpsons house just because. Now who needs the Quick E Mart? I doooooo.

20170721_210639.thumb.jpg.fe7a3c88b8dcf7a0e2456dbd50bc37df.jpg

EKTDjLf.jpg?2

TgSCyec.jpg?2

tNqePDs.jpg?1

I only bought this set for the TV Super Packs for the HMR's TV VF-1J. To be honest, this toy is so small for my hands. Hope the upcoming VF-2SS is better. I will probably repaint those yellows to red. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I only bought this set for the TV Super Packs for the HMR's TV VF-1J. To be honest, this toy is so small for my hands. Hope the upcoming VF-2SS is better. I will probably repaint those yellows to red. ^_^

Nice. The super pack-only set appears on Mandarake from time to time, if you just wanted those.

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Filled in a gaping whole in my fleet. :) Now I just need an illuminated Enterprise-C.

5972e908b8791_Enterprise-Amodel.thumb.jpg.0f90ad94ea2b9a2d0f45f5a831a2c1cd.jpg

WOW! I am not familiar with that Ban Dai line of models and all I can say is WHY NOT???!!! Do they make an Enterprise D and E???!!! 

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

WOW! I am not familiar with that Ban Dai line of models and all I can say is WHY NOT???!!! Do they make an Enterprise D and E???!!! 

These models came out around 2003-2005. Bandai released an original movie Enterprise, A, E, NX-01, and Voyager.

Aoshima released a completed and illuminated Enterprise-D a couple years back that could saucer sep too.

You can still find them on the secondary market from time to time.

Here's the original HLJ links:

https://hlj.com/product/BAN916192/Sci

https://hlj.com/product/BAN924915/Sci

https://hlj.com/product/BAN916424/Sci

https://hlj.com/product/BAN922721/Sci

https://hlj.com/product/BAN931434/Sci

https://hlj.com/product/AOS08713/Sci

https://hlj.com/product/AOS08715/Sci

I've picked up a few of the Art Asylum ships over the years as well, but none of them can compare quality-wise, and while they're accurate enough, the construction and painting are pretty sloppy all around on most of them.

Their best ones are probably the Excelsior, Ent-E, and the refit "All Good Things" Ent-D.

The Bandai Refit 1701 is a beautiful kit, but it needs a bit of tweaking to get the lighting to look right.  Mostly the bulbs are just too bright, and the deflector dish needs some kind of glazing or filter so it isn't completely transparent, and the wrong color.

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

EKTDjLf.jpg?2

TgSCyec.jpg?2

tNqePDs.jpg?1

Congrats on getting the HM VF-1S Roy.  How much did you pay for the Mospeada book?

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

EKTDjLf.jpg?2

Mospeada Book is the ultimate edition! Congrats on getting it and the rest of the stuff!

Received a big haul from "From Japan" today!

Got a relatively good deal on everything because of the various promotions they were running (10% off rakuten, 20% off EMS shipping) and no currency conversion fees. 

I'm particularly happy about the low viz limited version. It's MISB and set me back $230 USD shipped via EMS. That was with 1800 yen tax because it was purchased from a store. Not too bad considering someone on the board tried to sell me one for 400 USD :lol:

I think the only 1/48 out there that I don't have, and really want, is the VF-1J stealth super set B))

All of my wildest dreams are coming true; I love you macross :wub: lol

IMG_2122.JPG

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word