Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 0:38 AM, ArchieNov said:

This is possibly the best LEGO set ever. Enough details to act like a scale model, functioning stage separations, comes with Lunar Module and Command Module splashdown diorama, 1 meter tall, 1969 pieces at $120 retail price. The rocket may look simple on the outside, but man the build and engineering on the inside is absolutely MIND-BLOWING. 

WDzAZr5.jpg

Saw this and decided I wanted to get it. Then I saw the part count and now I really need it because that kind of sense of humor deserves reward.

12 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

Saw this and decided I wanted to get it. Then I saw the part count and now I really need it because that kind of sense of humor deserves reward.

Yup. I highly recommend getting one (or more). It's a super hot item right now so if try to secure one before stock runs out. Another thing I forgot to mention is how sturdy it is. You can swoosh it around with one hand wihout any worry of it falling apart :lol:

Edited by ArchieNov

10 hours ago, ntsan said:

FInally got vf-0s, my fav valk in the series

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

19401139_10154658806431398_1272446086_o.jpg

Definitely my top 3 favorite Valk's! I have three VF-0S's, someday if they do a reissue I'll get the Arcadia 0S too! B))

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Macross_VF-31F_DSC05548_zps36kgugde.jpg

Move aside, people! DJ Messer is in the house, yo! ^_^

12 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

They already issued the 0S with Arcadia!

Probably he meant he has 3 Yamato ones, and didn't bought the Arcadia release. Hence...

54 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Definitely my top 3 favorite Valk's! I have three VF-0S's, someday if they do a reissue I'll get the Arcadia 0S too! B))

If you want the full package with the ghost booster, the original Yamato is the only way to go.  The later releases were pretty darn solid too, and while I did pick up one of the Arcadias as well, I'm not letting go of the originals. :)

18 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

So the Saturn V is probably the highest demand I've ever seen for a Lego set (Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!! was pretty easy to get by comparison).  Normally, their online shop will let you place orders for things that are out of stock, and they'll ship once they become available, but this one hit a hard "unavailable" in a matter of days.  I missed the initial window, and had to camp the shop site for a few days before they went back on sale, and even then the order window only lasted about 6 hours.

People have found them in the wild at certain retailers and Lego locations, but if you don't have something like that nearby, I recommend putting those Macross pre-order F5 mashing skills to use, and keeping the product page up.

The trick with the parts count is pretty awesome.  Kind of reminds me of the pictures of the fake Deadpool Lego sets that got circulated around the time the movie came out. :lol:  I'm still disappointed these weren't real.

legodeadpool.thumb.jpg.275cc7eb26334ccf2da9663173bb80fc.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I like the white paint of Arcadia 0s, but that is out of my budget atm.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes Yes Yo! B))

Cool pic, Slave. ;)  :good: 

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

That's cool!

Thanks!

Interesting thing is, when I took that picture, it was very difficult to get the hands positioned on the turntable in a convincing manner. I always considered Macross toys to be the the epitome of transformable toys and Transformers as 2nd tier but when I got that turntable for this guy, the poses all came easily:

Soundwave_Turntable04_DSC03472_zpsk5fkdj

Soundwave_Turntable06_DSC03476_zpscmhlyz

Soundwave_Turntable08_DSC03478_zpskqxip5

Soundwave_Turntable10_DSC03483_zpszjh8h0

Soundwave_Turntable12_DSC03485_zpszlwzlt

Gives me even more respect and appreciation for MP-13, which has always been my favorite MP. The articulated hands definitely helped finish the look but they would be useless if the figure didn't have the arm and shoulder articulation to allow those poses to begin with. So, a 5 year old Transformer has better articulation (in this area) than a brand new, top of the line Bandai DX Macross figure and a lot of the newer MPs are even better? Never thought of that before but it's interesting and makes be a bit more proud of collecting Transformers again. I've lately been burnt out on Transformers and all about Macross but I might pick up and mess with some figures off my TF shelf now.

Edited by Slave IV

15 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

:lol: Those are some pretty awesome pictures right there. How can you NOT have Soundwave as a DJ? Just too much fun. Where did you get the turn tables from?

Thanks! Someone on TFW introduced me to them and I got them from ebay. I think they are actually a Barbie accessory.

32 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

:lol: Those are some pretty awesome pictures right there. How can you NOT have Soundwave as a DJ? Just too much fun. Where did you get the turn tables from?

But... Blaster sounded more like a DJ than Soundwave. :ph34r:

^_^

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But... Blaster sounded more like a DJ than Soundwave. :ph34r:

^_^

Blaster is a poor man's Soundwave...A cheap ripoff :p

4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Hahahahaha! A Barbie accessory!  I knew it! Soundwave droppin mad crazy beats up in the ...dreamhouse???? :wub::lol:

LOL, yep! Guest DJ Messer up in there too! It's a bangin spot!:D

16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Blaster is a poor man's Soundwave...A cheap ripoff :p

LOL, yep! Guest DJ Messer up in there too! It's a bangin spot!:D

Add hmr spartans as bouncers and  club macross is ready to party! Hehe 

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Add hmr spartans as bouncers and  club macross is ready to party! Hehe 

I can see this turning into a thing. Will see how it goes if I have time to get more creative with the pictures. Might wait until I get some SHF Walkure "club girl" figures to add to the mix.:D

Fianlly got my 31F and the  Hulkbustaer was on sale on HLJ altough the last one came with the box heavily crushed and since the shipping package didnt show any signs of damage I think they send it already damaged and even tough I'm not that picky with the boxes I did send them an email to check it

IMG_20170621_154608000.jpg

IMG_20170621_155230858.jpg

8 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

Fianlly got my 31F and the  Hulkbustaer was on sale on HLJ altough the last one came with the box heavily crushed and since the shipping package didnt show any signs of damage I think they send it already damaged and even tough I'm not that picky with the boxes I did send them an email to check it

Oh man! Either way, that Hulkbuster is an amazing figure. It is the definitive Hulkbuster figure to me and something I always needed in my life.

10 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

Just so you know, as much as I love using HLJ for everything. Based on my HLJ Dented Item Box experience, they're not concern with the package box as long that the item inside is safe. Unless the item inside is broken due to shipping damage or defect, then that's the only time they will compensate you. But to expect a 'pristine' box for your collecting needs and pleasure, don't expect that from HLJ.

20 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

Outside of the art, I'm not too worried about the box either.  Still, that would annoy me...hope the figure is ok.

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just so you know, as much as I love using HLJ for everything. Based on my HLJ Dented Item Box experience, they're not concern with the package box as long that the item inside is safe. Unless the item inside is broken due to shipping damage or defect, then that's the only time they will compensate you. But to expect a 'pristine' box for your collecting needs and pleasure, don't expect that from HLJ.

Yeah, they state that on their page Ill just wait to see their answer but I'm not expecting any compensation either

And yes, the figure its awesome and seems ok

IMG_20170621_162552617.jpg

15 minutes ago, The Smirker said:

Hey, does anybody know if the ghost booster set from yamato fits the arcadia versions?

Yes. You just need to squeeze the Ghost Booster's front canards to fit it in the Arcadia's VF-0 back swap parts. The tanks and missiles though are loose if you try to mount it on the Arcadia VF-0's.

post-5552-0-27423700-1441336164_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-33553000-1441338139_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-47865800-1441339208_thumb.jpg

For more info on this, visit the Arcadia VF-0 thread. Hope that helps.

Edited by no3Ljm