Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wooooo finally got my first set of 31Js. The one from NY took over 5 weeks to arrive via SAL registered :o

IMG_2057.JPG

I cant do expensive stuff via SAL... 6 to 7000 yen sure. I just get too nervous with expensive items although ive never had any problems with SAL. Now that you mention it my replacement 31F was sent via SAL and its still in Origin Post :wacko::lol:

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I cant do expensive stuff via SAL... 6 to 7000 yen sure. I just get too nervous with expensive items although ive never had any problems with SAL. Now that you mention it my replacement 31F was sent via SAL and its still in Origin Post :wacko::lol:

Haha I always use SAL registered if I can. 90% of the time I receive the items in about 2 weeks. This is only the second time in years that it's taken an extraordinarily long time to receive a package. The first time it happened was at Christmas so I wasn't too worried, but I was definitely sweating this delivery :lol:

16 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wooooo finally got my first set of 31Js. The one from NY took over 5 weeks to arrive via SAL registered :o

IMG_2057.JPG

since it's been in transport for 5 weeks, who know where it was stored, hot? cold?  might be a good item to open them and check for sticky residue from those protective clear sheets, if any.

Nice Shuttle Tydirium vlenhoff.  What scale is it?  

Damn I remember when I used to have a bunch of the large Star Wars vehicles for the 3.75" figures like the Shuttle Tydirium, AT-AT, and 2 1/2' Millennium Falcon.  They were all MISB though and the huge boxes took up too much space so I sold them all.

It is Star Wars miniture Xwing game ship. It is 3d printed and it is very detailed, and it comes with a stand. I was about to get the action fleet version, but I always thought it looked poorly detailed. I came across this one, and i'll use it as a replacement for the action fleet one.

7 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

It is Star Wars miniture Xwing game ship. It is 3d printed and it is very detailed, and it comes with a stand. I was about to get the action fleet version, but I always thought it looked poorly detailed. I came across this one, and i'll use it as a replacement for the action fleet one.

I've seen a layoff talk and pictures about those lately. Seems like a game and set of vehicles made for me! Especially considering how big and expensive the Chogokin SW vehicles will likely be. I should grab some but sure it's a deep rabbit hole one I start. 

I don't know if this counts a new toy I hope I'm not breaking any rule:unsure:, but thing is I got this last week as a Bandai Model kit of Masterchief and today I start/finished the assembly, this is my first kit I build and my entry to start building Gundams, did a bit of sticker custom cutting for the base and putting those metallic lines in there, also I placed that Bandai logo in the middle.

IMG_2854.thumb.JPG.46b99838b8232e7911fe558c36fefb1d.JPG

IMG_2855.thumb.JPG.7897750b2ae6ef39af6c3fbd94f216ea.JPG

IMG_2853.thumb.JPG.0cdec2eea74851849d7a43c7c09dcfc5.JPG

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Slave IV said:

I've seen a layoff talk and pictures about those lately. Seems like a game and set of vehicles made for me! Especially considering how big and expensive the Chogokin SW vehicles will likely be. I should grab some but sure it's a deep rabbit hole one I start. 

I've never had much interest in the X-Wing tabletop game, but the little ships are top notch for the most part.  I've been meaning to pick up the Falcon and Shuttle for a while, but I've had the Tantive IV set for a while, and it's probably the best mass-produced representation that ship has ever gotten.

Far as what I've been picking up, I'm worried I'm about to fall down the third-party transformers rabbit hole.. my two newest acquisitions.. and yes, that's the DX VF-31J. :lol:

greenscream.jpg.519d471c6ea3d755066e4fd7a24638a5.jpg

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've never had much interest in the X-Wing tabletop game, but the little ships are top notch for the most part.  I've been meaning to pick up the Falcon and Shuttle for a while, but I've had the Tantive IV set for a while, and it's probably the best mass-produced representation that ship has ever gotten.

Far as what I've been picking up, I'm worried I'm about to fall down the third-party transformers rabbit hole.. my two newest acquisitions.. and yes, that's the DX VF-31J. :lol:

greenscream.jpg.519d471c6ea3d755066e4fd7a24638a5.jpg

Oversize KO MP3? Looks good!

Im looking forward to see if Maktoys Seeker is worth getting. So far, I haven't seen a Seeker design worth buying but hoping that is it. Bot mode looks good but the flaps under the thrusters in jet mode are killing me. 

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oversize KO MP3? Looks good!

Im looking forward to see if Maktoys Seeker is worth getting. So far, I haven't seen a Seeker design worth buying but hoping that is it. Bot mode looks good but the flaps under the thrusters in jet mode are killing me. 

Yep, it's the Robot Heroes CG-02.  I might have to get myself a Thundercracker in the near future too, but these are a little too big to collect them all.  It's a revised MP-11 mold, but with the bigger legs sadly.  My ideal mold would rework the original MP-03 to use the newer fold out heels, but keep the slimmer legs, and fold the tails and stabs up into a backpack like some of the much smaller seeker molds do.

Honestly, seeing what people are doing with transformers is making me seriously consider getting into designing my own. I know I could work some magic on a custom seeker mold, and I spent half of the afternoon today brainstorming how to make an MP-level Dreadwing combiner out of an F-16 and Tornado. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

51 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yep, it's the Robot Heroes CG-02.  I might have to get myself a Thundercracker in the near future too, but these are a little too big to collect them all.  It's a revised MP-11 mold, but with the bigger legs sadly.  My ideal mold would rework the original MP-03 to use the newer fold out heels, but keep the slimmer legs, and fold the tails and stabs up into a backpack like some of the much smaller seeker molds do.

Honestly, seeing what people are doing with transformers is making me seriously consider getting into designing my own. I know I could work some magic on a custom seeker mold, and I spent half of the afternoon today brainstorming how to make an MP-level Dreadwing combiner out of an F-16 and Tornado. :lol: 

Do it if you have the skills! Like I said, I'm not happy with any seeker I've seen yet and haven't bought any because of it...Won't even pay for the KOs. Maketoys seems to have done an incredible job on their bot but just like their Jazz, they have some strange kibble in alt mode that ruins it.

14 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got my HLJ loot, Spartan included like everyone else :lol: Im super pumped about Figma TP Link and the Myth Cloth EX Saga Saga Premium Set  :wub:

No Figma Zelda? She's really nice too, I got her and DX Link Saturday, Figma really has come a long way since the old Skyward Sword Link figure. Night and day difference really, sculpt, articulation, everything is better.

On 6/3/2017 at 7:03 AM, anubis20 said:

Received my HMR Glaug and a Unicorn :lol::lol:

127F5BEF-B8FC-4B6E-8186-73C01435FB84.jpg

Lucky you. ;) You have any extra 'Unicorn' there? Care to PM me how much did you score that one. Thanks! ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i think only 60-80 of the tan color super packs exist in the world:huh:

Hmmm. So it's safe to assume that I can buy 2-3 Valks for the price of an unpainted Unicorn, right? :rolleyes:

Thanks David. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

No Figma Zelda? She's really nice too, I got her and DX Link Saturday, Figma really has come a long way since the old Skyward Sword Link figure. Night and day difference really, sculpt, articulation, everything is better.

I wanted a Zelda but she is not a must have for me. Im gonna wait on a sale or until i have a slow month with all these POs. :lol:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hmmm. So it's safe to assume that I can buy 2-3 Valks for the price of an unpainted Unicorn, right? :rolleyes:

Thanks David. ;)

Mmmm not really, V1 valks yea you could probably get 2 or 3... This set cost me less than 2 DX VF-31 or 1.333333 Premium Edition VF-1S :lol::lol:

VERY happy right now, came home to this absolute holy grail, the Chogokin GX-72 Megazord! Once again, I waited for the US Bluefin release, I really wanted my US packaging like with Voltron.

20170606_175150.thumb.jpg.aa208d0f5b1c10321d5ecd151b11b178.jpg

20170606_175428.thumb.jpg.9a30f896148f8d4e0c18f5e2e65c8c1d.jpg

40 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

VERY happy right now, came home to this absolute holy grail, the Chogokin GX-72 Megazord! Once again, I waited for the US Bluefin release, I really wanted my US packaging like with Voltron.

20170606_175428.thumb.jpg.9a30f896148f8d4e0c18f5e2e65c8c1d.jpg

Nice! I also waited on US packaging ^_^ Mine should be here on Thursday. 

Recently picked up a variety of TF:MP KOs. Despite having to do little fixes here and there on the majority of them, I'm pretty happy. Certainly helps that I paid either half or under half for all of them. Still debating on if I want to continue fixing Soundwave though, since they missed a gold paint application on his left knee. 

JPEG_20170605_175106.jpg

19 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Mine should arrive Friday. I am happy I waited for the American release. 

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

Got this today, one word: AMAZING! :o

Sorry for the low res pics my phone camera isn't working very well.

maz2.thumb.JPG.9d4bc14d75fb9a0c5b80fc68d6bb9efa.JPG

If you like the regular release you should try to find the SKL Final Count ver. It is an excellent figure. The SRC line is really good and I love all the figures I have from the line. 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

If you like the regular release you should try to find the SKL Final Count ver. It is an excellent figure. The SRC line is really good and I love all the figures I have from the line. 

I did some research on the Mazinkaizer SRC line, and I got this one cause it was a bit cheaper and also is the Color version, those images doesn't do justice at all in how impressive the figure looks, and yes I will try to get the SKL Final Count ver. cause after knowing the insane high quality of the figure  I know is worth every penny :D

Edited by Alex GS

9 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Finally bit the bullet and bought this. Double points for being my first ever anime character statue. Now just waiting on shipping charges.

bought.png.33c6792e9108535717438df2f6973f25.png

Same here! I bought it a few months ago but it's my first anime statue (I think) and probably my last. it's nice but I figure I'd rather have action figures with unlimited poses.