Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, sweet!

Very nice! I've been tempted to get back into military aircraft (I have tons of models from childhood) but so far, only got a few 1/144 JWings. The size is great considering the detail in them and ease of finding space but I kinda want some 1/100 or 1/60 to go with my Valks. Then, it starts to get expensive...some cost more than Valks!

If you have 1/60 DX's, best go with a larger scale diecasts to complement the macross valks. But yeah i agree space is an issue and larger 1/48 scale diecast beasts are pricey, and they dont even transform... 

The 1/72 scales are still affordable, at least, and focusing on a couple to have a mix of fantasy macross and real life aircraft.

Looking out for a diecast Russian red star probably a sukhoi (i know there are a few out there, but waiting for higher detailed versions since am getting just one). 
Spanner's post of the red star valk sorta got me pointing in the russian direction...:lol: 

2 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Finally got my first 1/48. of all the reviews I've seen I have to admit that this is a beast. Every joint is tight as most dx valkyries I've gotten.

1495078987277158812210.jpg

Nice!! I have the very same! B))

On 5/16/2017 at 10:45 AM, ArchieNov said:

Aww shucks. I'm actually trying to hunt down either the Atlas or Stryder. I passed on them before because I didn't have the space to display it or to store the box. When I freed some space up I decided to get the Ogre. The only Stryders I see are being sold from the US and it will be super expensive to ship it to my country. 

got my Stryder from Greenhills. as recent as a few weeks ago i still saw one, Play Giant IIRC

on the fence about Ogre. the design just seems too "familiar".

if ever they continue this line with Titanfall2, i might bite again

Yeah, I've visited both Play Giant branches (in GH and Glorietta) but they only have the Ogre in stock (it's where I bought mine). I've tried asking if they still have a Stryder in stock but they said they don't. I'll try asking again.

If you ever decide to sell your Stryder (or know anyone who does, Atlas included), lemme know :D

19 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

The new member of my character collection

Sorry for the poor picture. I have more figures on the way. I'll take a better one once the set is complete 

Nice score! One of these days I need to get Max & the Hikaru figure, I only have Roy so far. 

25 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

The new member of my character collection

DSC_0678.thumb.JPG.3a63fe37bf46379b54680df8293a0294.JPG

Sorry for the poor picture. I have more figures on the way. I'll take a better one once the set is complete 

WOW! I have been looking for this figure for years. Where did you get it from?

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nice score! One of these days I need to get Max & the Hikaru figure, I only have Roy so far. 

Hikaru and Roy are both on the way.

8 hours ago, Toonz said:

WOW! I have been looking for this figure for years. Where did you get it from?

A guy from Chile sold it to me

14 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Yeah, I've visited both Play Giant branches (in GH and Glorietta) but they only have the Ogre in stock (it's where I bought mine). I've tried asking if they still have a Stryder in stock but they said they don't. I'll try asking again.

If you ever decide to sell your Stryder (or know anyone who does, Atlas included), lemme know :D

i'll keep an eye out. heading to GH tomorrow to pick up POs from Great Toys. i think the store beside it (not Wasabi, the other one) had a Stryder. i remember i was pissed because it was 2k cheaper than what i paid at PG. 

sorry, not selling my Stryder. i might consider a trade though for an XM Studios Magneto or Weta's Argonath ;) 

xm-studios-premium-collectibles-magneto-f-700x700.jpg

10 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

now and even more stuff

591e8de230e5d_2017-05-0418_01_48.thumb.jpg.021885bd18e7bcfec006abafcdb3717d.jpg

Hey MrBomber! Nice hauls on 1/6th figures. I've been considering Wolvie but I'm still having second thoughts about it. How was it?

3 hours ago, Major Focker said:

i'll keep an eye out. heading to GH tomorrow to pick up POs from Great Toys. i think the store beside it (not Wasabi, the other one) had a Stryder. i remember i was pissed because it was 2k cheaper than what i paid at PG. 

sorry, not selling my Stryder. i might consider a trade though for an XM Studios Magneto or Weta's Argonath ;) 

In case you passed by GreatToys, please send my regards to Malvin. For sure he won't remember me anymore. I used to bug him about Gundams before. Hehehe. :lol:

I just got one of these from Disneyland the other day:

nswmc479786713.jpg

Not my pic and haven't opened it yet but remote controlled with opening doors and projectile launching. Couldn't pass it up.

In other news, HLJ has an anniversarry raffle and seems like a good way to get some free credits to buy more Valks. Link here.

Thanks! I really enjoy sd figures but I don't have that many.  

Tracking these down has been an enjoyable hunt and I can't help but smile when I look at them; super cute little figs hahaha

18 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I love those SD Macross F figures. I have some myself: Ozma's Battroid, Alto's Fighter, Brera's Battroid and a green Q-Rau

Ah! altos tornado fighter is the only one I don't have on the way! I am watching one on yahoo auctions but it comes with a bunch of other stuff I don't want/need. 

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Do you have the Marvel Select Thanos? I think that is the best one currently available. 

What is the tallest Thanos has ever been drawn in the comics?  I still have the 3.75" scale Marvel Universe Thanos and just thought that this 5" one would be nice with the 3.75" figure line.  Hmm I might return it.

Edited by sh9000

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

What is the tallest Thanos has ever been drawn in the comics?  I still have the 3.75" scale Marvel Universe Thanos and just thought that this 5" one would be nice with the 3.75" figure line.  Hmm I might return it.

He's officially listed as 6'7", 900+ lbs but depending on the current power level he's at, I've seen him drawn infinitely large. 

Cool.  Thanks for the info.  I'll just hold on to the figure for now then.  What I really still want to get which I missed a while back is the huge Toybiz Marvel Legends BAF Apocalypse.  I think that figure would look great towering over the 3.75" figures.