Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

16 hours ago, Darotower said:

New stuff from NY and Jungle, I'm very happy to complete the SMS Squadron Renewal version DX 1/60 after a couple of years!

great stuff Darotower! though its a shame about that incorrect crotch piece.. I don't even use those specific crotch pieces with any of my parts equipped VF-25's..

3 hours ago, Darotower said:

Thanks set88! You are right Lolicon! I will report to jungle what's happened!

TOY-RBT-03110.jpg

But yeah how nice in the RVF-25! Although my all time fav of the Frontier Valks goes to the VF-27β CF, Luca's variant is definitely my favorite of the VF-25 family! The color is amazing! The VF-25A is a close 2nd and Ozma's 3rd..

Edited by spanner

So I got my MP-36 Megatron last Monday, and while I think he seems like he's probably the best looking MP to date IMO, I am unable to transform him.

I am stuck at the very first step where you have to flip down the gun barrel. I understand what i'm supposed to do and I've seen people do it on youtube, but for some reason on my copy, the hinge where the gun barrel folds down on has 3 raised notches. The first notch appears to be too large and is preventing me from folding it further. I'm scared to apply more force because there's actually another hinge connected to it and I feel like too much force will cause breakage.

My question to other owners is, did you have the same issue as I do? Should I just apply more force to get it over the notch? I thought of filing the ridge down, but am worried that it is used for something else.

Edited by ArchieNov

19 hours ago, Darotower said:

Thanks set88! You are right Lolicon! I will report to jungle what's happened!

Assuming Jungle resells used valks, that might be why.  I got my VF-25G fresh from the factory with no crotch, and Bandai is flat out useless for replacement parts, so I just kept him in fighter mode with a super parts crotch to keep things fitting correctly.

In the end, I think I wound up replacing the 25G's plate with the one from the YF-25 since it was also blue and white, and I never planned on taking the YF-25 out of fighter mode anyway.

59 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

So I got my MP-36 Megatron last Monday, and while I think he seems like he's probably the best looking MP to date IMO, I am unable to transform him.

I am stuck at the very first step where you have to flip down the gun barrel. I understand what i'm supposed to do and I've seen people do it on youtube, but for some reason on my copy, the hinge where the gun barrel folds down on has 3 raised notches. The first notch appears to be too large and is preventing me from folding it further. I'm scared to apply more force because there's actually another hinge connected to it and I feel like too much force will cause breakage.

My question to other owners is, did you have the same issue as I do? Should I just apply more force to get it over the notch? I thought of filing the ridge down, but am worried that it is used for something else.

Might have better luck asking over in the Transformers thread under Anime and Science Fiction, I haven't attempted transforming mine yet so I'm not helpful!

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

I said I wouldn't transform mine and yet I did once just yesterday, this may seem like an ass response, but I personally wouldn't recommend transforming him, his alt mode isn't worth it, it's panely and to get it there is a mess, and you absolutely WILL damage the paint on the figure in multiple areas. That said, if you're still looking to shoulder forward, where exactly on the barrel are you? Are you swinging the assembly with his head up and into it's little appropriate opening? Or are you just getting the panels from his back lined up into the beginning sides of the gun itself? Or are you meaning you can't get the barrel to flip down at the very, very beginning on the assembly it is on on Megatron's back? A major QC issue with my copy is my gun barrel is a floppy mess, it isn't stiff in any direction so mine naturally wants to flop downward already. I haven't heard of this issue before personally, but a rule of thumb on this guy is everything indeed does have a place, it just comes down to tolerances. The barrel absolutely should swing down, and I don't remember any reviewers mentioning that section was notched, but I could be mistaken.

edit: Also if you haven't already, take the face and chest OFF! I've found that will make transformation a bit easier in certain spots, and that's two less pieces to get scratched and mangled by the transformation!

Edited by Tking22

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Or are you meaning you can't get the barrel to flip down at the very, very beginning on the assembly it is on on Megatron's back?

I'm stuck at this part. All the video reviews I've seen don't have an issue here, and they are able to flip the barrel down on its double hinge quite effortlessly. I can only fip it down about 45 degrees before the notch stops the rotation. This is obviously nowhere near the 180 degree rotation you need for the first part of the transformation.

EDIT: Added pics

You will see the 3 "ridges" or "raised notches" on the hinge joint I am referring to

LCCPxtt.jpg?1

The first ridge is pretty large and blocks the barrel from rotating further than this point.

9UIC1qc.jpg?1

I can only bend it down this far. You can see that I can only get it down to a 45 degree angle when comparing it to the hinge.

AxWN67B.jpg?1

Edited by ArchieNov

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Assuming Jungle resells used valks, that might be why.  I got my VF-25G fresh from the factory with no crotch, and Bandai is flat out useless for replacement parts, so I just kept him in fighter mode with a super parts crotch to keep things fitting correctly.

In the end, I think I wound up replacing the 25G's plate with the one from the YF-25 since it was also blue and white, and I never planned on taking the YF-25 out of fighter mode anyway.

Jungle sells used valks all the time. 

When I went to their Radio City akiba location a year ago I nabbed a loose but complete Luca RVF-25 for 6000 yen :D

7 minutes ago, Duymon said:

When I went to their Radio City akiba location a year ago I nabbed a loose but complete Luca RVF-25 for 6000 yen :D

Hey Duymon. Out of curiosity, do you pay their sales taxes since you're a tourist? Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Duymon said:

so you swapped that part out, shame!:p

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

6 Drakens won't be a problem.

31J blue steel.jpg

that's love triangle 3x to get him fully powered up... i'd rather have more messers. all you need is axia on your wrist.  

Got these in today :) got a 1A TV with a broken tail spike, HMR M&M, and a junker 1A. I had planned to take the chest of the junker and use it on my 1A because the chest had yellowed. Turns out the entire valk had yellowed :blink: ended up using more of the junker than anticipated but i couldnt be happier :) Had to remove a bunch of stickers and touch up some areas with paint but it ended up as good as new. Even the rainbow canopy is in great shape. 

CD649DD1-13D5-4405-83E3-6B30D52A986D.jpg

8FF91D81-9521-4E6B-B1E2-FEF748D66094.jpg

E1120657-1234-4193-A35A-3D996FF11B4B_1.j

DF18A6FB-2EF6-4863-AC35-EB86FE4C2484.jpg

16 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Got these in today :) got a 1A TV with a broken tail spike, HMR M&M, and a junker 1A. I had planned to take the chest of the junker and use it on my 1A because the chest had yellowed. Turns out the entire valk had yellowed :blink: ended up using more of the junker than anticipated but i couldnt be happier :) Had to remove a bunch of stickers and touch up some areas with paint but it ended up as good as new. Even the rainbow canopy is in great shape. 

Hey! That's no junker. I just call it 'loose'. Hahaha! :lol:

Here's what I bought over the last weekend. Pull-back Batmobiles. Displayed on my workstation.

JrHlXMn.jpg

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey! That's no junker. I just call it 'loose'. Hahaha! :lol:

Here's what I bought over the last weekend. Pull-back Batmobiles. Displayed on my workstation.

JrHlXMn.jpg

Definitely made my original look like a junker :lol: 

nice! No batman forever batmobile love?

Edited by anubis20

Just now, anubis20 said:

Definitely made my original look like a junker :lol: 

nice! No batman forever batmobile love?

That's only what available in the local toy store that I went too last Saturday. All are pull backs. I bought an extra BvS one for my son. ;)

I'll ask the other ones the next time I pass the store. 

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

JrHlXMn.jpg

Gotta love HMR.

What scale are those Batmobiles?

gallery_21587_795_261698.jpg

Most of these are 1/50 scale.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Gotta love HMR.

What scale are those Batmobiles?

gallery_21587_795_261698.jpg

Most of these are 1/50 scale.

I think the ones I have varies. They have somehow the same length. I have to double check tomorrow at work. But the BvS one on my son says it's 1/32.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool! Good to know. Thank you sir! ;)

Someday I may stop showing my passport it's getting annoying with all those receipts on it hahaha

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

What paint did you use?

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

That's cool.  I got a second set of all 3 Valkyries books recently just to keep a set of Tenjin's beautiful work mint and another set to look through from time to time.

That's a great idea and a bad idea at the same time lol

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

CD649DD1-13D5-4405-83E3-6B30D52A986D.jpg

Ah so you're the weirdo who won that CF auction. ;)

Did you ever get your Super Ostrich? 

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

That's cool.  I got a second set of all 3 Valkyries books recently just to keep a set of Tenjin's beautiful work mint and another set to look through from time to time.

Hmmm... I might have to do that, then one day I can get the mint set signed by Tenjin. :)

2 hours ago, spanner said:

What an awesome photo!! :good:

Thanks spanner, I figured why not take a photo of Valkyries with the Valkyries artbook. :lol: 

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Ah so you're the weirdo who won that CF auction. ;)

Did you ever get your Super Ostrich? 

Nope i actually know the guy that was selling it. The guy that won, in typical ebay fashion, backed out right after the auction ended so he offered it to me :) 

not yet :lol: i just got the shipping bill for it today. Hopefully they get to ship it out soon.

Edited by anubis20

20 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Nope i actually know the guy that was selling it. The guy the won, in typical ebay fashion, backed out right after the auction ended so he offered it to me :) 

not yet :lol: i just got the shipping bill for it today. Hopefully they get to ship it out soon.

Lucky!

Finally got one of these guys and been fiddling with it while staying up for the preorders:

Kerberos%20Panzer%20Cop_DSC05282_zpsb86j

Revo has definitely improved by a whole lot since this came out but at least it looks the part. Always wanted a Kerberos Panzer action figure.

Edited by Slave IV