Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 3/11/2017 at 8:02 PM, Major Focker said:

other than the recent  Volante in the previous page, i haven't bought an Aston Martin since the ERTL DB5 some years ago. that one hasn't aged so well, and i'm contemplating replacing it with a more recent release. is last year's Hot Wheels Heritage DB5 any good? were there other 1/18 DB5's with the ejector seat released in the past 3 years?

here's what got me started collecting Bond cars a decade ago, the Aston Martin Vanquish:

P4192489-golgoaston.jpg

i haven't started on the Craig Bond cars yet. i figured they'll be easy enough to get because of their recency. that, and the Craig cars not having much in the way of car gimmicks, means the regular/non-007 Autoart releases will do just fine.

Heh. Bond car, Shmond car, Duke Togo looks perfect in that shot. 

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Just got an extra 1/60 Queadluun-Rau Miria!  Woo hoo!

Nice pickup...I still need to get one!

17 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Damn, were did you get the Modular War Machine? 

I noticed that and was thinking it was just War Machine and I never noticed it said "Modular" before but you are right, it's a new War Machine! I need to know more about that and I still need to get Shape Changing Iron Man.

Edit: I don't see anything about the Modular War Machine on Google...some other new limited show exclusive?

Edited by Slave IV

I've been waiting forever for my Arcadia DYRL VF-1S with super and strike parts.  I don't know if there is a specific thread for shipping questions so please correct me if so.  It's being shipped SAL from Tokyo prefecture.  It was accepted on March 6th, processed through facility (TOKYO INT V BAG 2) the 9th, and for the last three days it reads "Origin post is preparing shipping".  I know SAL to the U.S. is supposed to takes 2 weeks give or take, should I be concerned at all with the amount of time it has been in Tokyo without progress?

Edited by Giantman

8 minutes ago, Giantman said:

I've been waiting forever for my Arcadia DYRL VF-1S with super and strike parts.  I don't know if there is a specific thread for shipping questions so please correct me if so.  It's being shipped SAL from Tokyo prefecture.  It was accepted on March 6th, processed through facility (TOKYO INT V BAG 2) the 9th, and for the last three days it reads "Origin post is preparing shipping".  I know SAL to the U.S. is supposed to takes 2 weeks give or take, should I be concerned at all with the amount of time it has been in Tokyo without progress?

SAL ships on a "is there room?" basis. So it's sitting there waiting for there to be space to send it out on a flight. At least you got RSAL by the sound of it, since you have a tracking number on it.

Ahh, I see.  So when the package was accepted it wasn't assigned a designated flight but instead put some kind of a standby waiting for a flight with room.  Anyone know if it's put into a first come first serve queue, or if its about the size available for the package?

3 hours ago, Giantman said:

Ahh, I see.  So when the package was accepted it wasn't assigned a designated flight but instead put some kind of a standby waiting for a flight with room.  Anyone know if it's put into a first come first serve queue, or if its about the size available for the package?

Probably some mix of the two, if I had to guess. I'm not sure exactly how it works however.

Once it is in the Japan Post queue, the tracking will not update until it reaches the US post office.  Once their, they should update the progress through customs, etc until it is delivered to your address.

Up in Canada, our post office decided that it was too difficult for them to update the status on registered packages so now they only track outbound packages.  This change was done quietly and without any press.

13 hours ago, Giantman said:

One week is hardly forever.;) Just sit back and relax...worry about it if it's been close to a month and you don't hear anything. But by then, I'm sure you'll already be enjoying your figure.

16 hours ago, Giantman said:

I say once the initial 10 days to 2 weeks have passed, then that's the only time I panic. Besides, you have a tracking number so that will be fine. 

Thanks everyone, the reason I said forever was my eBay seller waited 12 days before he even shipped.  But, in his (or her) defense they sent me a message that they could take up to 20 days before shipping.

So until I get my Valk this little beauty is going to be lonely.   Until such time as I get my VF-1S, I precariously perched my 1/55 Ichijo Bandai, not too good but it's something until my Arcadia arrives.IMG_20170315_003302445.thumb.jpg.793be8b827cd8c587cbf5230a4df6e10.jpg

58c8f01b3bf70_IMG_20170315_003217523(2).thumb.jpg.94f549097f5ffd4b1e4292a3e1b86d91.jpg

Got these in yesterday. I think im now trully done with the Yamato era (unless I find a cheap 11C :p). Thanks to @ZDZIYO for the deal on the Arcadia Fire Valk. The 17D is very cheap in HK. Got this one brand new for $150 before shipping, after shipping it came out to a little under $200. Also i finally get to put the vita to good use :lol:

C3D270C3-92BF-4538-B92B-986A25CDF051.jpg

8C169390-0B68-4F43-914A-3A6BB90BE13B.jpg

6 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Got these in yesterday. I think im now trully done with the Yamato era (unless I find a cheap 11C :p). Thanks to @ZDZIYO for the deal on the Arcadia Fire Valk. The 17D is very cheap in HK. Got this one brand new for $150 before shipping, after shipping it came out to a little under $200. Also i finally get to put the vita to good use :lol:

Congrats Anubis! I'm also considering the VF-1D with Super Packs from HK stores. But not a big fan of the 17's. Hehehe. So not sure yet. ;) 

As for the Vita one... cup saucer? :lol: 

49 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Whoa whoa whoa where did you get a VF-17D for so cheap? I'll gladly pay that much for one. :blink:

41 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

As for the Vita one... cup saucer? :lol: 

Vita games aren't stored on discs. ;)

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Whoa whoa whoa where did you get a VF-17D for so cheap? I'll gladly pay that much for one. :blink:

Vita games aren't stored on discs. ;)

This was the auction https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.com/hk/auction/1142404792?u=kwongycb&.r=1146204520 only 1200 HKD. Only problem is that it was only local pick up so I had a friend pick it up and ship it to me. 

On 17/3/2017 at 6:28 PM, anubis20 said:

Quick question, where did you find the Hayato-Benkei-Musashi package??? I have been looking for it in every on-line store but could not find it.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

Quick question, where did you find the Hayato-Benkei-Musashi package??? I have been looking for it in every on-line store but could not find it.

Thanks!

Hey! I preordered from Gentinel http://gentinel.net/ja/カテゴリールート/4インチネル-神-隼人&4インチネルLite-巴-武蔵&4インチネルLite-車-弁慶/p/GEN-JP-011 back in October but they closed POs in November I think.

Your best bet would be Yahoo Auctions Japan http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search;_ylt=A7dPFtMgrc1YwDsARhbR3Pt7?p=4インチネル+神+隼人&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&tab_ex=commerce&auccat=0&fixed=0