Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Master Made Scorponok came in yesterday, and it is real nice. Their Trypticon and HMR Monster pictured for scale.

20170308_222648.jpg

Not really a big fan of TF toys... well, except for some Hot Rod/imus figures. But those Master Made ones, I somehow want to collect it. But since they're huge, not sure where to display it. Hehehe. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Picked the RA up this morning from the post office. Truly amazing!!!! Quick pics from the cellphone, will post better ones later.

IMG-20170309-WA0048.jpeg

Congrats Ignacio! ;) 

30 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

tracked down some rare pieces

DSC_0953.jpg.19c1bfa6e05ad764d644a0ddd66440bc.jpg

Do you mean Rare Breeds? ^_^

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

there's just way go much awesome going on in that picture....it's puuuurfectly done...Ok...someone had to do it. Which 2 Bond AutoArt's are those???

Toyota 2000GT from You Only Live Twice and Lotus Esprit from For Your Eyes Only. 

good price too. ebay seller said they were from an estate liquidation of a 007 nut. too bad i already had the other cars he was also selling.

just to share: after a decade of anticipation, Autoart finally released last year an Aston Martin Volante, albeit not a 007 version (red seats not black) as they seem to have lost the license.

s-l225.jpg

settled for it in the meantime to fill the gap in my collection. but still holding out hope for a proper 007 version as seen in The Living Daylights

57c5b1ae0c2e4e6d70d56eb3f3be6b57.jpg13df1ee7b93ca8fc3638ae14d31afd10.jpg

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Do you mean Rare Breeds? ^_^

lol! they're just the usual Persians. tried to shoo them away and pathetically failed. 

they are also apparently resin junkies, ignoring the treats i put on the floor and instead kept on sniffing the 1/144 Destroids

21 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Master Made Scorponok came in yesterday, and it is real nice. Their Trypticon and HMR Monster pictured for scale.

IMG_20170309_092234.jpg

Where did you pick your Scorponok from? I have it pre-ordered through The Chosen Prime but they are getting their shipment at the end of March.

Thank you for that scale picture because damn I did not know it was that big. I need more shelf space. 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

Where did you pick your Scorponok from? I have it pre-ordered through The Chosen Prime but they are getting their shipment at the end of March.

Thank you for that scale picture because damn I did not know it was that big. I need more shelf space. 

Got mine through BBTS.

9 hours ago, spanner said:

I'd love to get one but I already have a list of cars on my wishlist (including a non-Bond version of the GT2000) which I have to work through before I would get one.. 

meanwhile.. this arrived today! 

20170310_182514.jpg

Those are gorgeous, Spanner! :wub:

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Sell your Valkyries, first. Problem solved! :lol: 

6 hours ago, mechaninac said:

^Isn't it gorgeous?...

Now, somewhere out there, is a P1 ---preferably in volcano orange or yellow--- with you name on it.  Can you hear its Siren's song telling you buy me, you need me in your life?...:spiteful:

Indeed it is. I absolutely love it! 

I would like a P1 but I think I'll wait for Autoart to release their P1 GTR which I much prefer. Unless I stumble across a P1 at a cheap price..

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Those are gorgeous, Spanner! :wub:

Thanks Noel! 

Don't know if there's any other Eaglemoss Star Trek collectors around, but this came in today.. I haven't actually seen Enterprise where this almost makes an appearance, but I love the design,and the 26th century 2 mile long "Universe Class" starship idea!  

20170310_170434.jpg

20170310_170450.jpg

20170310_170527.jpg

20170310_171224.jpg

Edited by derex3592

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

This just arrived today. Yaaaaa!!!! :D

IMG_2140.JPG

nice one! well done! B))

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Don't know if there's any other Eaglemoss Star Trek collectors around, but this came in today.. I haven't actually seen Enterprise where this almost makes an appearance, but I love the design,and the 26th century 2 mile long "Universe Class" starship idea!  

20170310_170434.jpg

cool but im not so sure about the futuristic design vision they chose for this ship.. looks a bit to radical for my liking. 

I remember reading somewhere that the saucer section would have most likely eventually been designed out of future ships but this ship proves the complete opposite!

11 hours ago, derex3592 said:

20170310_170434.jpg

I saw that episode. You never actually get to see the ship. It's only shown as a picture on a wall display. That's Enterprise in a nutshell: tell all about it but never actually show the audience the cool stuff. <_<

I have all the other Enterprises but don't have this one. 

On 3/10/2017 at 4:45 PM, spanner said:

I'd love to get one but I already have a list of cars on my wishlist (including a non-Bond version of the GT2000) which I have to work through before I would get one.. 

20170310_182514.jpg

nice collection! i should learn from your discipline.

i tend to pick up stuff unrelated to my collection. like this:

DSC_0600.thumb.jpg.8a54e93bdf93234d77d2a52a43272864.jpg

these on the other hand were on my list for some time, particularly the one on top:

DSC_0954.thumb.jpg.f4cf3327aba930e39491c039fe80390c.jpg

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

nice collection! i should learn from your discipline.

i tend to pick up stuff unrelated to my collection. like this:

DSC_0600.thumb.jpg.8a54e93bdf93234d77d2a52a43272864.jpg

these on the other hand were on my list for some time, particularly the one on top:

Nice! so what is that AMG six wheeler like? I have ummed and ahhed about one of these things for a while but im still rather conflicted about it. It looks like a cool model to have but im not the greatest fan of the actual car. I do like to pickup odd ball or different cars and this would be that.

23 minutes ago, spanner said:

Nice! so what is that AMG six wheeler like? I have ummed and ahhed about one of these things for a while but im still rather conflicted about it. It looks like a cool model to have but im not the greatest fan of the actual car. I do like to pickup odd ball or different cars and this would be that.

it's detailed and well-made as what to expect from an Autoart model. i would find out later that it's not entirely diecast but is the first in a new line of what Autoart calls "Composites". so it is lighter than it looks, but still quite hefty. 

as for the actual vehicle, don't really know much about it. i didn't know these things existed until i saw it displayed in the shop. i just happened to be picking up some Acid Rain ~1/18 figures and Alien marines, so i thought it might be cool if i plopped some of them in the back of the truck since it had a paramilitary vibe to it.

oh so its a composite (plastic) model! given the size of the in real life it would make the model pretty bloody heavy if made in the traditional die-cast so its no wonder they went with the plastic. Cheaper too, though not that those savings in manufacturing will trickle down to the buyer at all..

Not that its a problem as im fine with the plastic but as long as its made to the same or better quality. But this one is still on the sidelines for me as im not a big fan of it, or Mercs / AMG in general.

7 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

No Aston Martin love for Bond?

other than the recent  Volante in the previous page, i haven't bought an Aston Martin since the ERTL DB5 some years ago. that one hasn't aged so well, and i'm contemplating replacing it with a more recent release. is last year's Hot Wheels Heritage DB5 any good? were there other 1/18 DB5's with the ejector seat released in the past 3 years?

here's what got me started collecting Bond cars a decade ago, the Aston Martin Vanquish:

P4192489-golgoaston.jpg

i haven't started on the Craig Bond cars yet. i figured they'll be easy enough to get because of their recency. that, and the Craig cars not having much in the way of car gimmicks, means the regular/non-007 Autoart releases will do just fine.

My Macross loot from Japan. (I bought other stuff but they're accessories and it's hard getting them together in a picture with a nice background.) There were also other stuff I saw but I was going to stick to my list no matter what to prevent overspending. (THough I still overspent on other stuff especially food lol.) So from my toys list these are the only ones I could find. Sheryl as Basara was an exception because she was a) cheap, and b) she was cosplaying as Basara! They're two of the most powerful singers in Macross! How could I resist.

large.2017loot.jpg.97b8d875f53bb1abc692b0e180a452d5.jpg