Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

A little late to the party but here's what I got for christmas. :)

The 171 and blu Rays I bought my self, but the 22s Gamlin my wife got for me total surprise it was wrapped and everything under eye tree. It was the best like I was 10 years old again. :D

post-7418-0-38887300-1451767013_thumb.jpeg

VF-0S or Lego Ghostbusters firehouse? Decisions ughh

I'd definitely say Firehouse, I'm picking mine up while I'm on lunch Monday, and from the reviews I've seen, the set is incredible. I doubt you'll find the official instructions anytime soon, and even then, it's just too many pieces and it's too complex to be feasible, if you want this set, now is the time to get it.

A little late to the party but here's what I got for christmas. :)

The 171 and blu Rays I bought my self, but the 22s Gamlin my wife got for me total surprise it was wrapped and everything under eye tree. It was the best like I was 10 years old again. :D

Its a nice feeling when your wife/partner/girlfriend (or other) supports your hobby/passion like that! Even if its not an item of critical importance to you or your collection but when they buy it for you then it makes it all the more special! ^_^

Marvelous!! B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

Final toy of 2015 goes to something design by Kawamori thats not a valk :D

Cant believe i rushed to open this before the 0S -_-:D

anubis20 did you open your 0s and check the legs on both? i can't believe you opened this over the 0S :D.... it looks terrible! apologies to Kawamori, hahahaha

i think there's some Sega game with that Miku girl, i was listening to some of the songs from that game she's in.

anubis20 did you open your 0s and check the legs on both? i can't believe you opened this over the 0S :D.... it looks terrible! apologies to Kawamori, hahahaha

i think there's some Sega game with that Miku girl, i was listening to some of the songs from that game she's in.

Haha the 0S was basically another VF-0, this was a totally new mold. :p

[align=left]

[align=left]VF-1 Series韋基利 比較【1/48, 1/60 (Yamato & Arcadia) & 1/100 (Bandai HMR)】超時空要塞[/align][align=left]

[/align][align=left]Base on dedicated Marcross friend's advice, I must try the 1:48 version, when I bid the ultra pricey VF-11C on Yahoo JP, by chance I also took the 1:48 VF 1S with Super Parts at almost 40K yen...[/align]

[align=left]Take a look if you want to compare the size[/align]

[align=left][align=center][align=left]2016-01-04-23.51.jpg[/align][/align][/align]

[align=left]the 1:48 is nice, yet too big for my collection.... chcken ribs....[/align][align=left][align=center][align=left]2016-01-04-23.jpg[/align][/align][/align]

[/align]

Ah, I see. I'll admit, I've never played either of the two games. Or P4A, for that matter... But I try to keep up with the games because I enjoy the community. :D

Wow gundam, the 48s look great most days but you make them look fantastic.

Edited by hal9000

Got a Mezco one:12 Batman and the final Fold Booster I was looking for. Now i have one for the Arcadia YF-19, YF-21, and the 22S Max... because lets be honest that was the most badass moment of Macross 7 B))

471E8C53-17C6-41D6-9E16-BA3891A69BF3.jpg

Edited by anubis20

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question to all the guys with the super large collections, what do you guys do with the empty boxes? Do you guys store them or throw them away? If you guys store them, how do you manage the space? They take up so much space! (and I would rather use that space to display my other toys. I know you can collapse the boxes, but what do you do with the inserts? Can you guys give me a few pointers?

Thanks in advance!

Stack the inserts if they're similar. I fit about 8 VF-1 inserts in the space of 2. If you don't mind the box condition, I folded mines flat then stacked them together according to size. Dunno about the Bandai's DX.

Edited by wmkjr

I've had these guys for about two weeks, forgot to post pics.

post-12821-0-70999200-1452037444_thumb.jpg

I gotta say, the First Order Troopers are the nicest, most well made white armor trooper figures that Figuarts have put out, they are what I expected the OG Stormtrooper and Clone Troopers to be like. That said, I still love them all, Clones and the kind of meh Stormtroopers too, they all look great.

That is so awesome! B)) I'd love to ride one for real and see how it actually handles compared to my GSX-R1000! :D

I'd say it'd be slightly more comfortable for a start Spanner!

還記得當時的感動!【Metal Gear Solid】REX 3A half size

http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2015/12/metal-gear-solidrex-3a-half-size.html

The banner! Tactical Espionage Action- Metal Gear Solid!

MGS.jpg

I just got this myself today. The original full size release from 3A was considered 1/48 scale, meaning that this half-size version should probably be 1/96. However, the video review from CollectionDX showed that the full-size one was much larger than a 1/48 based on the size of the pilot figures. So I took a look at the cockpit section of the half-size and noticed that it has the right proportions to fit in a pilot from the 1/60 DX Valkyries. Therefore, I think this half-size Rex is actually more of a 1/60 scale and may fit in better with a 1/60 scale collection rather than a 1/100. Though if it really is 1/60, the Rex is much smaller than I imagined it to be especially when compared to Macross valkyries.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not exactly new, I have had this for a while and finally decided to open it and take a pic.

Bandai PX03 Akira Kaneda's Bike Chogokin

23968246990_3e3a19befb_h.jpg

oh shoot kaneda's bike!!!

oh shoot kaneda's bike!!!

:D

Woot woot! :D

Nice! I love that Bandai Kanedas Bike, I've had one for a few years now and always have it on display at or near my computer.

-b.

I wonder if it had any influence on you choosing a screen name... hmmm

^ what gave that away Kanedas Bike? ^_^

23969991300_d9eda3dbdc_h.jpg

23969993580_9b4890f5ff_h.jpg

23637372734_aa5516a904_h.jpg

23637371834_4088f50412_h.jpg

24183053521_b700d1debf_h.jpg