Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

David has so many unopened valks. He is like a store inventory!

I noticed there is difference between the older v2 DYRL Roy and the 30th ani. one. The older one has rainbow canopy\ flip preview box\ 2 tabs on each side on the box vs. 30th ani. has clear canopy\ no flip preview on box \ one tab on each side\ newer crotch like 1\48, and optional parts.

The 30th has better QC (no shoulder crack), but I digging the rainbow canopy. So I am displaying the older roy and 30th goes back into the box as MIB. :D

IMG_0927.jpgIMG_0928.jpgIMG_0929.jpg

save that 30th valk. that's the only version of roy with the newer 1/48 style crotch. small print run. the rainbow ones with the old style crotch were reissued several times over so it's very common. that 30th keep it stored: you got a gem :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Thanks David, will do. Glad I got another from Gak to display. So it worked out. :D This forum got great members!

Edited by dapro

I dont think i have any clear canopy VF-1's... wait... TV Roy, VF-X, 30th 1J have clear canopies?

VF-X is clear.

30th J is a tinted brown color, but not rainbow.

Not sure about tv roy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Amazon had some for cheap. I couldn't pass it up. Now to find a ps3....

SDuWToCl.jpg

you brought the game before the system B))

i think xrentonx did the same with metal gear solid V CE for ps4 :D

Nice pick-up, ChaoticYeti! Always been interested in the game, but don't know any Japanese whatsoever.... Is it possible to play still? Or is there some sort of translation out there for it?

I played the PSP games. There are translations out there. Just looking to fly around in some valks. There aren't many options.

you brought the game before the system B))

i think xrentonx did the same with metal gear solid V CE for ps4 :D

Sure did! I'll own a PS4 some day but mostly I'm an MGS chump :D

I've SO been thinking about buying this!!! don't have a console or know Japanese though...

Same here. The PSP games were fun enough to play without knowing any Japanese.

This little guy is tons of fun. I've been wanting a hand held valk to mess around with for a while now. But the super parts. My god. I know I cheaped out and got the CF parts instead of Alto's but color me thoroughly impressed. This thing just has so much presence now. This hobby keeps surprising me at how quickly my jaw can hit the floor

post-29874-0-34226300-1426727617_thumb.jpg

post-29874-0-22889900-1426727635_thumb.jpg

post-29874-0-27850800-1426727651_thumb.jpg

post-29874-0-84332700-1426727662_thumb.jpg

post-29874-0-34128100-1426727676_thumb.jpg

Nice pick-up, ChaoticYeti! Always been interested in the game, but don't know any Japanese whatsoever.... Is it possible to play still? Or is there some sort of translation out there for it?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38660&page=1 :D

And if you learn Katakana (which is very easy) the you can at least read all the items and interface stuff because they are all english words just written in katakana! Story is a little harder to follow, but do-able. For example hanger is just ハンガ (hanga)

Edited by happy_spike

I guess you could call this a toy!? ;)

Just finalized a deal to buy this 2009 Honda CB400 and will be picking it up this coming Saturday! There were a few different color options out there but i settled on the more traditional Honda white blue & red colors. Low mileage with long rego and was quite cheap! A far cry from Suzuki GSX-R1000 but i need something a bit more toned down to ride on the street as the Suzuki is gonna end up either killing me or I'll lose my license.. just way too much power for the street. I'll probably convert it back to track only!? Will see what happens i guess.

post-21335-0-40116000-1426735200_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-89476200-1426735293_thumb.jpg

Those CF super parts on Alto blend quite well.

I had considered painting them but after seeing them in person now I don't want to. I have a feeling the CF parts would look good on Ozma's 25 as well but I don't have one, so I can't accurately gauge the color match

Arrived today, on my birthday! :D

post-197-0-89401600-1426827238_thumb.jpg

My very first set of 1/60 Strike parts. Had some trouble getting the backpack parts on (I was very unsure of how far I was supposed to push the connecting piece in, I couldn't find a review that showed it clearly), but once I applied a bit more force it snapped into place nicely. Looks so dang cool! Hikaru's rainbow canopy is still in good shape and he even includes the still shrink-wrapped skull flashlight. :D

post-197-0-16873000-1426827432_thumb.jpg