Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Waiting on these to show as well.

attachicon.gif001-5_1246649613.jpg And attachicon.gifth.jpg

Yes, not my pics, but they're on their way. Both brand new and under $500 shipped for both. Only took 3 years of searching for a decent deal.

holy cow you got both of those for $500!? :o sheesh what a deal! im so mega jealous! :wacko: the Milia on its own has been worth more than that! gahh!! :(

kinda cant help but feel I got a little ripped buying that VF-1S Max now.. FFS.. <_<

Edited by spanner76

I remember Milia was sold for 33000 yen. Decent price.

By the way if anybody uses fromjapan, which shipping method you usually go for?

holy cow you got both of those for $500!? :o sheesh what a deal! im so mega jealous! :wacko: the Milia on its own has been worth more than that! gahh!! :(

kinda cant help but feel I got a little ripped buying that VF-1S Max now.. FFS.. <_<

I remember Milia was sold for 33000 yen. Decent price.

By the way if anybody uses fromjapan, which shipping method you usually go for?

33k yen for a Milia is a great price considering how much they have gone for recently..

Never used FromJapan personally.. what carriers do they use? Im sure they would ship via EMS which is perfectly fine.. Unless they can send via Fedex at a reasonable price!?

Their shipping charges have been little bit weird recently, at least to me. Maybe it is a sign that I should stop buying for a while.

They have ems fedex sal and air parcel but the price of FedEx is not reasonable at all.

33k yen for a Milia is a great price considering how much they have gone for recently..

Never used FromJapan personally.. what carriers do they use? Im sure they would ship via EMS which is perfectly fine.. Unless they can send via Fedex at a reasonable price!?

All the better when you get the deal you didn't expect when you want something. Congrats, my friend.

I was surprised! I expected maybe 1 Macross item if I was lucky, but there were actually 7! Bought most of them :D. It's gonna be tough! the Brownie is all brown -_- not an ounce of white on the poor thing.

@Jasonc congrats on the new acquisitions, perseverance pays off.

@Hikuro, nice con haul, great deals are always the best.

I have had no Macross purchases lately (the calm before the storm) but my Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia arrived yesterday. :D

15750008153_50fbe847c3_b.jpg

16182611530_b7971074de_b.jpg

16369989545_1c3a43dfd7_b.jpg

I have had no Macross purchases lately (the calm before the storm) but my Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia arrived yesterday. :D

These are amazing shots as always Saburo! Those tampo details really pop out! I wish I could afford to diversify my toy collection to include the Metal Build series. As it is, I'm limited to the Robot Damashii series for my Gundam needs. :)

Is the waist on this still crooked like the original Exia release? On the original, if you look closely, especially at the waist from behind, you'll notice that the upper torso is not aligned with the hips. Unfortunately, this part is made of metal and there is no side to side waist articulation, so there's no way to correct this issue. I've noticed that all Exias had this problem, so is probably an assembly/mold defect. Edited by ArchieNov

Got an excellently detailed 1/48 scale launch arm kit for the Hasegawa Super Valkyrie kit. Probably going to be an early summer project for me. Hmmm, now what LED's am I going to need??

post-12411-0-85158300-1422343450_thumb.jpg

These are amazing shots as always Saburo! Those tampo details really pop out! I wish I could afford to diversify my toy collection to include the Metal Build series. As it is, I'm limited to the Robot Damashii series for my Gundam needs. :)

Thank you brouken! I used to collect quite a bit of Gundam series then I stopped collecting. When I got back into collecting, I made sure to limit my Gundam purchases and I just stick Gundams I like in the Metal Build series and GFF Metal Composites. I thought about the Robot Damashii series, but there are just way too many of them. :unsure:

Is the waist on this still crooked like the original Exia release? On the original, if you look closely, especially at the waist from behind, you'll notice that the upper torso is not aligned with the hips. Unfortunately, this part is made of metal and there is no side to side waist articulation, so there's no way to correct this issue. I've noticed that all Exias had this problem, so is probably an assembly/mold defect.

Hmmm... I would hope they corrected it, I'll check both the Avalanche and Repair III when I get home and let you know my findings.

although they aren't my thing but still I gotta say.. the Gundams certainly do look very tough & menacing! B))

Yes most Gundam's are tough and menacing, then there are the some that look stupid (a few from Mobile Fighter G Gundam). The next release of the Metal Build series is the Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina and its very menacing looking. Not sure if I'll pick it up, it wasn't one of my favorites.

Received my Yamato YF 19 in the mail today from Shukenzero, very happy with the purchase even though so many people advised me against it.

Congrats on your purchase! Glad to see someone other than myself who appreciates the oldschool Yammie 1/60 YF-19. ;)

When collecting Macross merchandize, or anything else for that matter, in the end, that's the only thing that's truly important.

Very true, especially considering the price of these items. It's important to get what you personally like, instead of what everyone thinks you should like.

Is the waist on this still crooked like the original Exia release? On the original, if you look closely, especially at the waist from behind, you'll notice that the upper torso is not aligned with the hips. Unfortunately, this part is made of metal and there is no side to side waist articulation, so there's no way to correct this issue. I've noticed that all Exias had this problem, so is probably an assembly/mold defect.

Ok, I just took a look at the Avalanche and it appears they corrected crooked waist.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ok, I just took a look at the Avalanche and it appears they corrected crooked waist.

Hey Saboro,

i was looking at getting the Avalanche locally but not sure about the price. if you don't mind sharing, how much did you get yours for and where? (also how much was it to ship the thing?) just so i can compare pricing

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hey Saboro,

i was looking at getting the Avalanche locally but not sure about the price. if you don't mind sharing, how much did you get yours for and where? (also how much was it to ship the thing?) just so i can compare pricing

I had it on PO at NY for ¥20,120 + ¥3600 (shipping). What is the price they have it for (locally)?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I had it on PO at NY for ¥20,120 + ¥3600 (shipping). What is the price they have it for (locally)?

it's 309 + tax coming out 330. thanks, it helped me make up my mind, way too overpriced compared to yours :unsure:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

it's 309 + tax coming out 330. thanks, it helped me make up my mind, way too overpriced compared to yours :unsure:

Which version is it? There were two releases; standard Avalanche release and Limited Avalanche Weapon+ Pack release (includes extra GN swords, beam sabers, GN sword mounting bracket and shield). If the version that is available locally is the Weapon+ Pack version, I would pick it up.

I have the standard release, I wasn't able to get the Weapon+ Pack release.

Standard Release box

508.jpg

+Weapon parts release box

174.jpg

Saburo your picture are amazing of the metal build ..! you just bring out the smallest detail on it....

Thank you, I try my best.

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

let me double check when i go back. (i didn't look at the box, they were in the backroom.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

let me double check when i go back.

Although $330 is still about a $100 mark up MSRP for either version. If it indeed is the Weapon+ version it would be cheaper than the going price for the Avalanche Weapon+ version. Manda has sold the a few for ¥35,000 and currently has 2 listed for ¥40,000+.

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Although $330 is still about a $100 mark up for either version, it would be cheaper than the going price for the Avalanche Weapon+ version. Manda has sold the a few for ¥35,000 and currently has 2 listed for ¥40,000+.

yeah i seen the 35000yen one a while back the night everyone was waiting to pre-order the vf-19, i was sneaking off to mandrake knowing people wouldn't be looking heh heh heh.

so if i get the weapons pack separate for 68 bucks i guess getting it at NY right now would be the best deal.

yeah i seen the 35000yen one a while back the night everyone was waiting to pre-order the vf-19, i was sneaking off to mandrake knowing people wouldn't be looking heh heh heh.

so if i get the weapons pack separate for 68 bucks i guess getting it at NY right now would be the best deal.

Hehe.. I was doing the same thing, but I was just waiting for NY to fulfill my PO. :)

I am not sure what you are looking at , the weapon+ pack is included in the box (different box). There is an option parts set being released too.

Option parts set

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/gundam/8574-metal-build-gundam-avalanche-exia-option-parts-set-limited-edition.html

Guest davidwhangchoi

opps, thanks! i was looking at the options parts...

damn that means i have to get the weapons + version to get the extra GN swords, beam sabers, GN sword mounting bracket and shield :wacko:, and cancel the 0D...

i guess i'm going to hold off on getting my first metal build.

also i see the LED unit (9 led lights) for the perfect grade unicorn is like 140 bucks and sold out every where. this is too insane...

opps, thanks! i was looking at the options parts...

damn that means i have to get the weapons + version to get the extra GN swords, beam sabers, GN sword mounting bracket and shield :wacko:, and cancel the 0D...

i guess i'm going to hold off on getting my first metal build.

also i see the LED unit (9 led lights) for the perfect grade unicorn is like 140 bucks and sold out every where. this is too insane...

Glad I could clarify. I have a Metal Build Exia Repair III, which includes the weapons and shield which are the weapon+ pack for the Avalanche. The only thing I am missing is the GN Sword mounting bracket. $400 is too way too much to get a piece of plastic.

The next Metal Build release is the Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina. I don't care for it so I will not be picking up.

Yes, those LED sets sold out quickly and go for premium now.

Its like collecting Valks, I wonder if they sell out in seconds... LOL

Edited by Saburo

my latest little scoop! Bought a minty fresh Milia VF-22S of MWF member Lancalot! Who I had the pleasure of meeting in person today! Thanks again mate! :)B))

This Valkyrie is an absolutely perfect example! Makes a lovely addition to my ever growing collection! And its my very first Milila specific Valkyrie! But this means I now need to find a Max VF-22S! :o:p

20150128_204238.jpg

the metal build are the worst for PO madness...you thought PO macross bandia was bad .....gundam twice as worst ...... just lucky that the Avalanche release two options....

...LoL you supposed to come and get the kit but you got that instead !! glad you like it..... now the kit still waiting for you Spanner76!!

Edited by lancalot

the metal build are the worst for PO madness...you thought PO macross bandia was bad .....gundam twice as worst ...... just lucky that the Avalanche release two options....

...LoL you supposed to come and get the kit but you got that instead !! glad you like it..... now the kit still waiting for you Spanner76!!

What are the chances of getting the Metal Build Astray I wonder... :(

Great! I held off on this release because I wasn't sure they've addresses the issue. Did you take a look at your Exia Repair III? Does it also have the crooked waist like mine and all the others I've seen?