Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Tonight sometime. Played with Heavy Noisey last night haha

What's the holdup buddy?*

*I'll look for you over in the Transformers thread...

:p

I've had worse days :-D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yamato's 1/60 TV Max is one of my all time favorite Valks. Mostly because of nostalgic value, but still that's a very nice "get".

-b.

Great purchases, everyone! ;)

It's the big box at the back. U.S. calls it VOLTRON Vehicle Force. ;)

http://news.toyark.com/2013/04/18/masterpiece-vehicle-voltron-fully-painted-sample-images-85404

Thanks, I knew it was Voltron but I didn't know what brand for anything. It kind of looked like a soul of chogokin. Either way it is a must have I think. Thank you for the info.

Toy arena has it for $179 shipped :D. It's pretty close to SOC quality.

Great packing on it too.

Cool stuff kh355hamdi

Edited by Gakken85

hehehe :D :D , I would have never believe that a comic store here in VA had a MIB VR-52T. The price was amazing i had to pick it up. And thanks to JasonC, he will have friends soon. But for now...MUST FIGHT TEMPTATION OF OPENING AND TRANSFORMING TO RIDER ARMOR!!!!! :wacko:

post-26268-0-67308300-1405032582_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-26614000-1405032583_thumb.jpg

Transform it!

You're not a real man until you pull off the ride armor transformation :D

How much did you score it for?

Damn you!!! Why must I bend to peer pressure?!? It was under a bunch of Spider-man comics and it was $99.99. i had to ask it the price was right, the guy thought I was haggling for a cheaper price. He said that he's had it since it come out, he drop the price a yr ago hoping someone would buy it OMG!!! :blink: :blink:

Hahaha! Yes! That! Set aside at least an hour the first time!

Didn't even last 20min, it took me longer to transform it,

post-26268-0-06346200-1405037221_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-63347400-1405037221_thumb.jpg

$99? Holy .... good find. Looks great transformed!

So conflicted lol
On one hand, the toy lover in me is glad you did what it was made to do! :D
On the other hand, the collector in me just died a little... fresh of the retail shelf, first owner.. can't get any more mint than that... :o

Damn you!!! Why must I bend to peer pressure?!? It was under a bunch of Spider-man comics and it was $99.99. i had to ask it the price was right, the guy thought I was haggling for a cheaper price. He said that he's had it since it come out, he drop the price a yr ago hoping someone would buy it OMG!!! :blink: :blink:

best buy ever!!

Does he still have extra stock? :rolleyes: Great find. ;)

$99? Holy .... good find. Looks great transformed!

So conflicted lol

On one hand, the toy lover in me is glad you did what it was made to do! :D

On the other hand, the collector in me just died a little... fresh of the retail shelf, first owner.. can't get any more mint than that... :o

I hear you, i don't have many MIB, so i was conflicted as well. If i'd paid current ebay prices, HELL NO, i would have left it in the box. But how many times in this life will we great opportunities.

best buy ever!!

Thanks, I've been luck on here as well and now I can justify buying the Stick/Scott version, lol

Nice find. Yeah it's cool how local shops don't always have the audience to sell certain things.

I've gone to this store off and on and had no clue he had this tucked away, crazy huh?!?

Hazray, where in VA are you located? What store is this?? I must know!

LOL, sorry SS this is my new go to store, lol... jk, im in Hampton rds, Worlds Best comics in hampton

Also, 20 min is impressive! Took me like an hour :D

Good job :D

LOL, no boss, I waited 20min to open it, it took me 3 tries and over an 1hr to finally get everything to fit

Does he still have extra stock? :rolleyes: Great find. ;)

Nope, I searched and searched, the only thing left are 2x Robotech Betas, 1/48 VF-1A and Super/strike armor, toynami VF-1J max and miria, and a whole lot of toynami 1/100 VF-1 super/strike armors

Nope, I searched and searched, the only thing left are 2x Robotech Betas, 1/48 VF-1A and Super/strike armor, toynami VF-1J max and miria, and a whole lot of toynami 1/100 VF-1 super/strike armors

Lucky guy. ;)

LOL, sorry SS this is my new go to store, lol... jk, im in Hampton rds, Worlds Best comics in hampton

Hmmm... Hampton is a little out of my way (I'm in Northern VA), but maybe I'll have to stop by the store if I've ever in town. How much were they selling the other stuff for?

Cool purchase! That's one sleek figure and at the same time a little creepy. Looks like he jumped out from the Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex series. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

Hmmm... Hampton is a little out of my way (I'm in Northern VA), but maybe I'll have to stop by the store if I've ever in town. How much were they selling the other stuff for?

I don't remember what the Beta's were going for (3 digits for sure), the VF-1Js were $29.99 and the armor was $9.99. i can head back there if you're interested in the betas

I hear you, i don't have many MIB, so i was conflicted as well. If i'd paid current ebay prices, HELL NO, i would have left it in the box. But how many times in this life will we great opportunities.

Agreed, I got a still shrink wrapped VB-6 SP for just under $250 posted. Tossed up whether to find an unsealed one for around the same price and keep hold of this one, or open the box... As soon as I get to my new house, it's coming out!

Very nice 21. I thought about getting one but went with the M&M 22's instead. The pair cost me about the same as a 21 anyway!

I know! Im just hangin so bad to get it! Kinda freaking out a little about what condition it will be like.. But i will be keeping it in fighter mode only as i dont like the look of the other modes and my other Plus Valks are in fighter mode too. Although I have faith in Mandarake as pretty much everything I have purchased from the previously has always been very good or better!

I got one back in Feb from Mandarake while I was in Tokyo for a bit less than that, and it was in perfect condition. It feels so solid I'm sure it's never been transformed. No scratches, decals perfect. So I'm sure yours will be awesome as well! Congrats of finishing your plus collection.

I know! Im just hangin so bad to get it! Kinda freaking out a little about what condition it will be like.. But i will be keeping it in fighter mode only as i dont like the look of the other modes and my other Plus Valks are in fighter mode too. Although I have faith in Mandarake as pretty much everything I have purchased from the previously has always been very good or better!

I felt the same way when I ordered an SDF-1 from them. It said Opened and Used, but when it arrived I swear it was only opened for inspection. The whole thing was fresh despite of the dings on the box. Also purchased SDFM Complete Edition from them, it said Opened, but it turned out only the outer shipper box was open. Mandarake has been great for me, hasn't failed me yet. But still I hope yours turns out good as well.

I got my Dairugger/Vehicle Voltron together.

Having the old toy, seeing all the whackiness surrounding this release, and then finally pulling the trigger... I have to say it's a pretty damn impressive hunk of gokin.

I had a few minor issues with my 2.5/3 version, but the Miracle guys are working to correct them. I plan to do a full video review outlining everything. A few minor things and this guy would have been a huge homerun.

But all told, I really love the feel and look. He sparkles in my Detolf and really brings back the original. I daresay it's better than the original since it was basically a giant plastic brick.

X6UQJeF.jpg