Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

The new girl I just got Tuesday; she's quite the big lady. (Pirate Ozma for scale)

damn glad i didn't open this earlier NSFW my co workers would've been like what are you looking at?

Shipping rates (SAL,EMS, etc) are set by the Post Office, online shop only add their handling and packaging fee.

You can check the postal shipping fees on the English version of Japan Post.

just wanted to show a couple items that came in the mail.

1st im gonna say that i am overly impressed with the quality of the fans toys scoria aka masterpiece slag. it is out standing, has metal and feels better build quality then the takara masterpieces. I have the shockwave that they released which was great, but this dinobot is just beautifully done.

the unique toys is also very nice. im a galvatron fan so had to pick him up. paid 100.00 shipped from ebay. id say hes worth maybe 75.00 as 100.00 is little pricey. but really nice quality.

post-19327-0-01203600-1404483903_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-62019800-1404483940_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-81786400-1404483967_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-85469200-1404484012_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-84755500-1404484120_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-23200700-1404484151_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-18193500-1404484190_thumb.jpg

Great purchases everyone! ;)

Love the chest and hips on that fig, anime52k8. :p

Nice VF-1S Hi-Metal, connor99. Hope to get one soon for my boy. ;)

I like Galvatron too, Bahamutzyro. ;) How's Maniaking, btw? How's the quality on those third party Transformers toys? Are they really worth it for their MSRP prices? Thanks!

Guest davidwhangchoi

yes! i finally completed (skipped the 1/60/1/48 weathered) my yamato/arcadia roy vf-1s collection tonight. i found the last piece which was the 1/60 vf-1s roy w/ tv fast pack combo (hikaru pilot)

my roy vf-1s checklist:

1/60 v.1

1/48 and 1/48 strike packs

1/60 ver 2.2:

tv/ with tv colored supers combo

yamato 30th dyrl w. option parts (30th strike packs)

yamato 30th tv version with option parts

vf-1s low viz

vf-1s no paint version fully assembled.

vf-1s arcadia w/ stand.

(sold previously: 2.0 roy super and strike combo, roy tv stand alone non option part version)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks guys!

I've always wanted to get the vf-1s Roy TV and put a hikaru figure in it. Too bad it was short lived when my kid got hurt and I was forced to sell some of my collection. Maybe one day

Yeah, that's what i was thinking before i got this. i hope your collection has a chance to grow back..

Nice david! I've got the 1S TV Super and it's really nice. Have it displayed in fighter with the fast packs on all the time.

thanks falcon, i prob will keep it in fighter as well.

After cancelling my second preorder Arcadia YF-19 because I needed fund with my new car purchase I said the 19 was my last purchase, the sole 19 I had got lost in transit.

Somehow I ended up with this. I swear this is my last big haul for the year. :wacko:

I really have to stop now. Looking to buy a house, why is real state so damn expensive now!? :angry:

20140706_092202_zps36040769.jpg

I got two 19's from Mandarake, and the 3rd one is the one that got lost, it went all the way to several places in South America and back but luckily it came back. B))

DX Mazinger I got from Yahoo Japan.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

After 2 weeks of procrastination, finally decided to pick this up from the post office.

WP_201407072_zps21dc6b08.jpg

padding from HKcollectible seems good

WP_201407073_zps2dbaffa8.jpg

number of parts is intimidating

WP_201407071_zps23f4b78d.jpg

decals looks good.

WP_20140707_zpsa1bff2da.jpg

Edited by chyll2

After 2 weeks of procrastination, finally decided to pick this up from the post office.

WP_20140707%202.jpg?psid=1

WP_20140707+3.jpg

WP_20140707%201.jpg?psid=1

decals looks good.

WP_20140707.jpg?psid=1

Were there images attached to it? Didn't see any. Thanks. :)

Hmm, I wonder why so many Arcadia YF-19's ends up on Mandarake? I mean they must be sold at a loss by the original owner?

When compared to what the same item can fetch via auction, everything sold to Mandarake is at a loss to the owner.....thus why Mandarake's prices are able to beat auction (market) prices most of the time....bad for the original owner....good for you and me.....Mandarake could not remain in business if they paid real market prices for their stock.....their business model resembles that of a pawn shop....nothing wrong with that.....it is what it is and serves a purpose...quick cash for your beloved collectibles and other stuff....

As for the YF-19, I guess most casual collectors were less than impressed with it.....which does not bode well for Arcadia....

Were there images attached to it? Didn't see any. Thanks. :)

yes, there were supposed to be pics. I tried using OneDrive links since it is the only I know available in windows phone. too bad, it is not working. replaced the link with photobucket

Just people who bought it locally in Japan and re-sell or trade for something else.

Man is just smart enough to make it for sale to the whole world.

They probably didn't pay nearly as much as us and they don't have to pay shipping.

When compared to what the same item can fetch via auction, everything sold to Mandarake is at a loss to the owner.....thus why Mandarake's prices are able to beat auction (market) prices most of the time....bad for the original owner....good for you and me.....Mandarake could not remain in business if they paid real market prices for their stock.....their business model resembles that of a pawn shop....nothing wrong with that.....it is what it is and serves a purpose...quick cash for your beloved collectibles and other stuff....

As for the YF-19, I guess most casual collectors were less than impressed with it.....which does not bode well for Arcadia....

Maybe, maybe not -- at the end of the day, money talks. Regardless of whether they liked it or not, they bought it. As far as most companies are concerned, you vote with your dollars. Why do you think terrible action/horror/comedy films keep getting made? As long as they are making money off it, they won't care that people didn't like it. Besides, there aren't exactly that many companies that make perfect transformation Macross toys. Even on MW, people have complained about the quality of various released from Bandai, Arcadia/Yamato in the past, but we still keep buying them because there isn't another game in town. I'm not saying that the people at Arcadia don't care about putting out a quality product. Just that when companies make business decision on whether to release certain products, the only real measure of whether customers liked something is how many units it sold.

Edited by SuperSenpai

the only real measure of whether customers liked something is how many units it sold.

I think it is probably unfair to judge Arcadia on the YF-19.....sure, it was more or less talked up as the rebirth of the Perfect Transformation Macross valk.....but many felt it just missed greatness.....the fact is the YF-19 was Arcadia's quasi first attempt at bringing a new PT onto the market......

I'm pretty sure Arcadia sold out of all of their YF-19's due to it being the first "new" release...but it clearly did not correlate to 100% customer satisfaction....

They need to hit it out of the park with the VF-0D.....I wonder how many of those willingly returning/trading their used YF-19's will jump in so eagerly into a VF-0D? That is what is worrisome.....

I mean, they sell it to retailers at cost. Retailers sell it to customers. I'm sure Arcadia sold all their units to stores.

If the retailers don't sell it all, or lose money (deep discounts)they won't order as much next time, and thats when you see changes. It sold fairly briskly at MSRP and certainly hasn't shelf-warmed.

People selling them second-hand doesn't correlate to any loss to Arcadia or Retailers. The money is made. It could also be people who bought multiples and want something else.

It's a pretty drawn out feedback loop.

I mean, they sell it to retailers at cost. Retailers sell it to customers. I'm sure Arcadia sold all their units to stores.

If the retailers don't sell it all, or lose money (deep discounts)they won't order as much next time, and thats when you see changes. It sold fairly briskly at MSRP and certainly hasn't shelf-warmed.

People selling them second-hand doesn't correlate to any loss to Arcadia or Retailers. The money is made. It could also be people who bought multiples and want something else.

It's a pretty drawn out feedback loop.

this

-b.

WP_201407072_zps21dc6b08.jpg

WP_201407073_zps2dbaffa8.jpg

WP_201407071_zps23f4b78d.jpg

decals looks good.

WP_20140707_zpsa1bff2da.jpg

Nice. Number of parts does look intimidating. But take it slow, check that everything is the correct thing to be fixed and all will be fine. (talking mainly abt the pins. Once they're fixed, they're a bitch to remove)

I think it is probably unfair to judge Arcadia on the YF-19.....sure, it was more or less talked up as the rebirth of the Perfect Transformation Macross valk.....but many felt it just missed greatness.....the fact is the YF-19 was Arcadia's quasi first attempt at bringing a new PT onto the market......

I'm pretty sure Arcadia sold out of all of their YF-19's due to it being the first "new" release...but it clearly did not correlate to 100% customer satisfaction....

They need to hit it out of the park with the VF-0D.....I wonder how many of those willingly returning/trading their used YF-19's will jump in so eagerly into a VF-0D? That is what is worrisome.....

I'm just surprised that so many of them turns up on Mandarake thats all.

Perhaps several were bought out of pure speculation. Since VF-4G type returns did not materialize quickly like they did for the Lighting....people have started to unload them....

Day Traders

-b.

Nice.

Was just the first thing that came to mind. B))

Fresh Delivery! Fresh Delivery!!!

Heavy Noisey! Silver Streak with Coin! and a Daiiiruuuuuuuggerrr!

Very nice.

Have you opened Silverstreak yet? Curious to know your impressions of the figure.

-b.

I received this from Collectible kitbash. Basically some standard bodies with lose parts from other toys being sold at good price. The head is temporary until I received Kumik head of Naomi Watts. I might order knee guards and bayonet for her.

936056_10152275242657861_60605168374082110445943_10152275242667861_295967546076410462912_10152275242662861_452052246779310383111_10152275242672861_558005322466810500264_10152275311442861_6839202352933

Edited by KH355hamdi

Was just the first thing that came to mind. B))

Very nice.

Have you opened Silverstreak yet? Curious to know your impressions of the figure.

-b.

Tonight sometime. Played with Heavy Noisey last night haha

Fresh Delivery! Fresh Delivery!!!

Heavy Noisey! Silver Streak with Coin! and a Daiiiruuuuuuuggerrr!

3pQaTqA.jpg

What is the Dairuger? Can you show some more pics of it?