Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 12/17/2020 at 3:28 PM, Ryoma said:

Just wanted to share with you my christmas gifts for this year...I'm going to be on lockdown for the whole holiday season (from december 19th to january 6th) and will have to spend christmas and new year's eve all by myself but these three items are definitely going to make these weeks much more enjoyable...also not quite sure for how much a VF-1S ROY Low Vis. goes these days but i think i got a good deal; € 265 euro new MIB. Pretty happy about that! 

macross1.jpg

Only 265 Euro for MIB!?  That’s a crazy steal! Good job!

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Only 265 Euro for MIB!?  That’s a crazy steal! Good job!

Yeah, i know, i got really lucky this time! Let's call it Christmas luck and probably the only decent thing that happened to me during this year.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:55 PM, Ryoma said:

Yeah, i know, i got really lucky this time! Let's call it Christmas luck and probably the only decent thing that happened to me during this year.

The low-viz is a great Yamato valk, but like much of the other "Yamato grails"...their market values have been falling for some time....I attribute it to lower demand due to the effects on international shipping prices from the pandemic....

Here is the most recent Low-Viz VF-1S that sold on YJA...you can convert to Euro price and add International Shipping to figure out the total cost to your door....pretty sure it will be either less than what you paid or right on target....either way it is a nice acquistion to any collection...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c868632983

Welcome to the Yamato 1/60 Low-Viz VF-1S Owners Club! :drinks:

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The low-viz is a great Yamato valk, but like much of the other "Yamato grails"...their market values have been falling for some time....I attribute it to lower demand due to the effects on international shipping prices from the pandemic....

Here is the most recent Low-Viz VF-1S that sold on YJA...you can convert to Euro price and add International Shipping to figure out the total cost to your door....pretty sure it will be either less than what you paid or right on target....either way it is a nice acquistion to any collection...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c868632983

Welcome to the Yamato 1/60 Low-Viz VF-1S Owners Club! :drinks:

Thank you! It's really a beautiful piece! I remember predicting what you talk about few months ago and now apparently it is happening. And i am glad it is since i still miss a couple of old yamato valks that i want to buy. As a matter of fact i had already noticed that when i bought at a very similar price a MIB Hikaru VF-1A with super parts from from japan not too long ago. 

There are two huge differences from the auction you posted to the one i actually bought though. First, the one on YJ does not seem MIB to me. Second, and that is the huge saving for me, on my purchase i did not have to spend any more money on stupid custom tax(which in Italy is almost 25% and on something like this it would have meant around € 80 more). And this always puts a smile on my face ;) 

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

Thank you! It's really a beautiful piece! I remember predicting what you talk about few months ago and now apparently it is happening. And i am glad it is since i still miss a couple of old yamato valks that i want to buy. As a matter of fact i had already noticed that when i bought at a very similar price a MIB Hikaru VF-1A with super parts from from japan not too long ago. 

Yes, now is the time to start filling in those holes in collections before prices start going back up...again congrats on your new prize!

1 hour ago, Rogueload said:

Nice score on the low viz.  I love mine.  The blue-grayish color is one of a kind. 

That's for sure, a very unique kind of blue-gray...i was thinking today though, while admiring the Valkyrie...sure that yellow pops up a lot for being a low visibility color scheme!

Well finished work and exams for the year and I can post some new arrivals:

T-800's face the Necron horde

20201222_161026.thumb.jpg.16f2438533f2177d9c74dbbff9af9cee.jpg

Colonials beat back HK's with classic Landrams. (Will the classic shuttle arrive before its too lare?)

20201222_190307.thumb.jpg.9a945e04a4996b9279896cd2c0bbdc64.jpg

Cody and Bly on Utapau.

20201222_195840.thumb.jpg.8c6fe6bceee7727608d3f2e4b30f0238.jpg

The DX Battroid co-op I always wanted.

20201222_225929.thumb.jpg.0d776fdf1164665cd0cadddfcacab921.jpg

Work check. Exams check. Parcel collection check.

Now I'm finally able to go on holiday to family to celebrate the birth of our Saviour together. Stuff Corona.  : )

38 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays and a Merry Macross-mas!

image.thumb.png.a8f52b3874939acb90b3ff82391d86ac.png

Love,

Dr. Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

Same to you, Doc Shizuka-chan! :drinks: 

Cute Santa Valkyrie. :good: 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! Stay safe this Holiday Season.

Santa_race.thumb.gif.079a1ce299939d36392d20a3d5bde9d4.gif

Edited by no3Ljm

Mafex Miles made it in just under the wire.  Absolutely none of the curses I gave Carnage are applicable here.  An incredible figure.  Really fun to pose.  Boy is it thin, though.  I touch it very lightly when manipulating it.

78C3F83C-155C-4B13-98F1-D319BE178C9C.thumb.jpeg.0e089affe166e90f96f686971c8aa2f4.jpeg

Edited by Mommar