Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

A pleasant surprise this morning.  This guy left ShowZ on Nov 23rd. I didn't expect it this fast. Not that I needed it. I'm slammed and don't have any time to mess with it.

Gurren Lagann shipped a week after this guy. I hopp that means it's a week out. I'm REALLY excited that this one.

IMG_7986.thumb.JPG.fbeebc0f3bd26edcccb69e11cbf75ac6.JPG

Nice! That’s one of my most anticipated releases of the year! Can’t wait to get mine! ShowZ f’d me on my order BTW.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! That’s one of my most anticipated releases of the year! Can’t wait to get mine! ShowZ f’d me on my order BTW.

That's what you get for playing for the other team (NY)!!!:lol:

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

A pleasant surprise this morning.  This guy left ShowZ on Nov 23rd. I didn't expect it this fast. Not that I needed it. I'm slammed and don't have any time to mess with it.

IMG_7986.thumb.JPG.fbeebc0f3bd26edcccb69e11cbf75ac6.JPG

Man, everytime I see that robot in any form, I really can't help but singing "Mekanda, Mekanda, Mekanda Robo. Ra ra ra ra ra ra. Tri-Attack!"

My biggest disappointment this year.  QC wracked POS.  Left foot will fall off no matter what.  Right foot is so loose it can’t stand without a stand because it will roll.  Right upper arm falls off if you look at it wrong.  Top-most screw in the stand is stripped and won’t hold up at all.

8468C326-A8AA-412D-9852-410B6DB4AFB9.thumb.jpeg.467788e6cd5ba8ad72aec1108c00294d.jpeg

Edited by Mommar
18 minutes ago, Mommar said:

My biggest disappointment this year.  QC wracked POS.  Left foot will fall off no matter what.  Right foot is so loose it can’t stand without a stand because it will roll.  Right upper arm falls off if you look at it wrong.  Top-most screw in the stand is stripped and won’t hold up at all.

8468C326-A8AA-412D-9852-410B6DB4AFB9.thumb.jpeg.467788e6cd5ba8ad72aec1108c00294d.jpeg

Now that’s the Mafex I know! Sorry about the disappointment for you though. 

Just wanted to share with you my christmas gifts for this year...I'm going to be on lockdown for the whole holiday season (from december 19th to january 6th) and will have to spend christmas and new year's eve all by myself but these three items are definitely going to make these weeks much more enjoyable...also not quite sure for how much a VF-1S ROY Low Vis. goes these days but i think i got a good deal; € 265 euro new MIB. Pretty happy about that! 

macross1.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Just wanted to share with you my christmas gifts for this year...I'm going to be on lockdown for the whole holiday season (from december 19th to january 6th) and will have to spend christmas and new year's eve all by myself but these three items are definitely going to make these weeks much more enjoyable...also not quite sure for how much a VF-1S ROY Low Vis. goes these days but i think i got a good deal; € 265 euro new MIB. Pretty happy about that! 

macross1.jpg

The DX Roy 1S is nice but the Yamato VF-1S is a Holy Grail, nice score!! 

34 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

macross1.jpg

That's two great Roy's to have!

I agree! Too bad they never released some super parts of the same shade of blue. I also i have to say that, in person, the colour of the Low Vis. is really amazing. Pics don't do justice to it.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:28 PM, Ryoma said:

macross1.jpg

Only 265 Euro for MIB!?  That’s a crazy steal! Good job!

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Only 265 Euro for MIB!?  That’s a crazy steal! Good job!

Yeah, i know, i got really lucky this time! Let's call it Christmas luck and probably the only decent thing that happened to me during this year.

Looks like BBTS got their shipment from Kitz.  Happy to finally add Misa to my collection.

IMG_20201219_135330753.thumb.jpg.7d51d28700c78f30ee23c9c5dd64ece5.jpg

And she no sooner got on the shelf before getting into an argument with Hikaru...

IMG_20201219_135424608.thumb.jpg.c14464f88d1ddb4016f62253fe1011ea.jpg

55 minutes ago, Pontus said:

And she no sooner got on the shelf before getting into an argument with Hikaru...

'Ohba-san' is mad again? Hikaru really has a way with the ladies. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Pontus said:

Looks like BBTS got their shipment from Kitz.  Happy to finally add Misa to my collection.

IMG_20201219_135330753.thumb.jpg.7d51d28700c78f30ee23c9c5dd64ece5.jpg

You show that old lady, Hikaru.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:55 PM, Ryoma said:

Yeah, i know, i got really lucky this time! Let's call it Christmas luck and probably the only decent thing that happened to me during this year.

The low-viz is a great Yamato valk, but like much of the other "Yamato grails"...their market values have been falling for some time....I attribute it to lower demand due to the effects on international shipping prices from the pandemic....

Here is the most recent Low-Viz VF-1S that sold on YJA...you can convert to Euro price and add International Shipping to figure out the total cost to your door....pretty sure it will be either less than what you paid or right on target....either way it is a nice acquistion to any collection...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c868632983

Welcome to the Yamato 1/60 Low-Viz VF-1S Owners Club! :drinks:

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The low-viz is a great Yamato valk, but like much of the other "Yamato grails"...their market values have been falling for some time....I attribute it to lower demand due to the effects on international shipping prices from the pandemic....

Here is the most recent Low-Viz VF-1S that sold on YJA...you can convert to Euro price and add International Shipping to figure out the total cost to your door....pretty sure it will be either less than what you paid or right on target....either way it is a nice acquistion to any collection...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c868632983

Welcome to the Yamato 1/60 Low-Viz VF-1S Owners Club! :drinks:

Thank you! It's really a beautiful piece! I remember predicting what you talk about few months ago and now apparently it is happening. And i am glad it is since i still miss a couple of old yamato valks that i want to buy. As a matter of fact i had already noticed that when i bought at a very similar price a MIB Hikaru VF-1A with super parts from from japan not too long ago. 

There are two huge differences from the auction you posted to the one i actually bought though. First, the one on YJ does not seem MIB to me. Second, and that is the huge saving for me, on my purchase i did not have to spend any more money on stupid custom tax(which in Italy is almost 25% and on something like this it would have meant around € 80 more). And this always puts a smile on my face ;) 

On 12/19/2020 at 3:55 PM, Ryoma said:

Nice score on the low viz.  I love mine.  The blue-grayish color is one of a kind. 

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

Thank you! It's really a beautiful piece! I remember predicting what you talk about few months ago and now apparently it is happening. And i am glad it is since i still miss a couple of old yamato valks that i want to buy. As a matter of fact i had already noticed that when i bought at a very similar price a MIB Hikaru VF-1A with super parts from from japan not too long ago. 

Yes, now is the time to start filling in those holes in collections before prices start going back up...again congrats on your new prize!

1 hour ago, Rogueload said:

Nice score on the low viz.  I love mine.  The blue-grayish color is one of a kind. 

That's for sure, a very unique kind of blue-gray...i was thinking today though, while admiring the Valkyrie...sure that yellow pops up a lot for being a low visibility color scheme!