Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

That looks like it's in really good shape, nice find!

I never had a 1/55 but I kind of want to snap up one of the Bandai reissues from the early 2000s. There's so much charm in that design.

Do it!

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I’ve got a couple for sale.

Now!

3 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Enablers, lol. Which ones? Do you have a sale thread I missed?

Seriously. There is always talk about the best Valks and of course the newer versions are technically better in some ways. But the original Chunky is still what I consider the best toy ever made. Period. 

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Enablers, lol. Which ones? Do you have a sale thread I missed?

I've been too busy to list them.

I've got:

-VF-1A Hikaru Bandai reissue. I'm 99% sure it's brand new. $200 shipped in CONUS

-VF-1S Focker Bandai reissue. I'm 99% sure it's brand new. The box is less than perfect though. $190 shipped in CONUS

-VF-1S Focker (labeled as Hikaru though) Takatoku. It's in really, really, really good shape. Box and everything. $325 shipped in CONUS

-VF-1S Hikaru Strike (like the one posted above) Bandai 1984 vintage. It's brand new. $875 shipped in CONUS. This is actually a great deal. They go for $1000+

I went buy crazy on these and then realized that I didn't have enough room for all of them. So some are up for sale.:D

Finally, FINALLY arrived!

Oh, and the Calibre Wings “what if” F-14 Mona Cat in JMSDF camo. 

7EBDA8AF-6C81-480C-B8A2-C97AA10EA941.jpeg

DC7D160B-592B-40BB-AA6B-FB152F583417.jpeg

Edited by Sildani

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sorry but...

Moar Snake Eyes!

EA347DCC-6837-424D-9867-895B1AA9FE4B.jpeg.c4e0fbd18aebaa23a981c1682e41f103.jpeg

IMHO Classified Snake Eyes (Deluxe and Regular) have been by far my favorite new toys of the past several months.

This out of the Bandai DX 1/48, various Metal Build and Composite Gundams, Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri Optimus Prime, 1000Toys Re: Edit Master Chief and assorted S.H. Figuarts Star Wars and Marvel figures and the Arcadia Premium VF-0D. Many of those toys are outright fantastic (others not so much), but Snake-Eyes is just fun, maybe because he brings me back to so many childhood memories.

-b.

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

What I need to know is how is Korn only one CD away from DMX???:unknw::p

Not a fan of Korn, but I did see them play at Pine Knob from backstage at Ozzfest one year. That was fun. Jonathan was using an oxygen tank hidden from the audience and huffing between songs. I’m like what are we at Red Rocks in Denver where that’s common?

Oh and yes Ozzy indeed uses teleprompter wedges with his own lyrics for every song.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

8 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

IMHO Classified Snake Eyes (Deluxe and Regular) have been by far my favorite new toys of the past several months.

This out of the Bandai DX 1/48, various Metal Build and Composite Gundams, Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri Optimus Prime, 1000Toys Re: Edit Master Chief and assorted S.H. Figuarts Star Wars and Marvel figures and the Arcadia Premium VF-0D. Many of those toys are outright fantastic (others not so much), but Snake-Eyes is just fun, maybe because he brings me back to so many childhood memories.

-b.

Snake Eyes is one of my top two all time characters as far as how many figures I collect. I wasn’t too impressed with these Classified figure reveals because of the styles they went with but as soon as I saw the package and opened it, this figure has won me over. I’m still not going to get some of the other figures but this is the best Snake Eyes figure ever made by far and I’m pretty happy with it. It just took over top shelf in the one display I have set up and that hasn’t happened since I moved. 

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

What I need to know is how is Korn only one CD away from DMX???:unknw::p

5 hours ago, vladykins said:

No Doubt you'll get an answer.

:lol: 

I think I mentioned recently that my CD collection is almost as large as my comic book collection. I used to go to all the record stores around more than once a week and buy hundreds of dollars worth of cds every time. Damn, I had a lot of dispensable income when I was single, lol! I don’t ever keep my cds in any sort of order as they always just end up wherever they end up and I like that because it lets me come across different ones and listen to a variety that I wouldn’t necessarily get if I just searched in some kind of order.  

Funny thing about Korn is one of the guys in our group (I can’t go so far as to call him my friend) used to claim he “discovered” Korn and basically shoved them down our throats constantly. I mean, they can be entertaining but that was the source of that cd.

DMX ironically came as a B-Day present from a good friend of mine who was the connection to the delusional “talent scout”. I think I’ve only listened to that cd once since I was never a fan of DMX but I did want to revisit it sometime so I’m glad you guys noticed it for me. 

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Not a fan of Korn, but I did see them play at Pine Knob from backstage at Ozzfest one year. That was fun. Jonathan was using an oxygen tank hidden from the audience and huffing between songs. I’m like what are we at Red Rocks in Denver where that’s common?

Oh and yes Ozzy indeed uses teleprompter wedges with his own lyrics for every song.

Ah, those were the days. Live shows are so much fun, especially when you are hanging with the artists. I can’t even remember the last show I went to where I didn’t have backstage access. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Ah, those were the days. Live shows are so much fun, especially when you are hanging with the artists. I can’t even remember the last show I went to where I didn’t have backstage access. 

You know it!! I’m glad I stopped playing out years ago and feel for my touring friends right now. It’s the only way they really make money these days (unless they were already loaded from radio or movie placements 20 years ago ha).

But I miss watching shows and hanging out like that for sure.

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You know it!! I’m glad I stopped playing out years ago and feel for my touring friends right now. It’s the only way they really make money these days (unless they were already loaded from radio or movie placements 20 years ago ha).

But I miss watching shows and hanging out like that for sure.

Yeah, it’s definitely fun times. I took my kid to a couple shows early on but started worrying about their ears and haven’t been much since. I think I was able to get out on my own like once or twice. 

16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, it’s definitely fun times. I took my kid to a couple shows early on but started worrying about their ears and haven’t been much since. I think I was able to get out on my own like once or twice. 

I think that’s what appeals to me about M7. I started a thread on Guitars and Gear is anyone is interested: 

10 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I think that’s what appeals to me about M7. I started a thread on Guitars and Gear is anyone is interested: 

Nice! I don't really play any instruments anymore (or ever, since I was a kid) but definitely have appreciation for musical talent. I can't really contribute much there as musical instruments is one thing I don't have a vast collection of. Unless you want me to share my kid's music toys or my vintage Yamaha keyboard, lol.

Another crappy Focker for the army. I presnt to you the Convertors Maladroid Zark. From what I understand back in the 80's Brazil (I think it was Brazil) had a deal where if you wanted to sell in Brazil you had to have a certain percentage of the product manufactured domestically. That bred stuff like this. Or, I'm completely wrong about that.

Zark.jpg.868b5005c1f98dad20d0c8f5498f64e0.jpg

298306372_Zaerk2.jpg.562d97393aba43428ee42b19417c2047.jpg

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Another crappy Focker for the army. I presnt to you the Convertors Maladroid Zark. From what I understand back in the 80's Brazil (I think it was Brazil) had a deal where if you wanted to sell in Brazil you had to have a certain percentage of the product manufactured domestically. That bred stuff like this. Or, I'm completely wrong about that.

Zark.jpg.868b5005c1f98dad20d0c8f5498f64e0.jpg

298306372_Zaerk2.jpg.562d97393aba43428ee42b19417c2047.jpg

Man, I love those things! At least the official/original version but I doubt that was much better than any of the copies or KOs like the one you got. Not a great quality toy but so much fun for a little kid back in the day because it still transforms and is small and light enough to take anywhere. Imagination does the rest!

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Man, I love those things! At least the official/original version but I doubt that was much better than any of the copies or KOs like the one you got. Not a great quality toy but so much fun for a little kid back in the day because it still transforms and is small and light enough to take anywhere. Imagination does the rest!

It doesn't transform.;)

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Oh yeah? So they just took the Takatoku and pressed it out as a non transformable version? Haha, I did not know that but that does then indeed suck, lol!

Right!:rofl:

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Holy smokes! That's commitment!:hail:

GF’s not gonna be happy but I’m slowly transforming my den into the statue room. And I’m not supposed to be buying anything as we’re saving money. Buuuut it was just a bust I already had that I haven’t opened yet......

39 minutes ago, borgified said:

And the next big Mandalore related to be delivered: HT Full Beskar Armour with the Child. 

Lego's version of the Razor Crest doesn't even touch that right @Slave IV;)

Yeah, I'm not a big HT collector but had to get that one! I do love my Legos but hard to say, I haven't bought the Razorcrest yet but do plan to. I still need to get the latest Slave I and finally build the UCS Slave I and buy TVC Slave I when it goes on clearance. Unfortunately, I still don't have SDCC Retro color Black Series Boba Fett.

38 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Congrats!  Did they have anymore Retro Boba Fetts?

I didn’t get these in store. The Mando was ordered from Amazon, Retro Boba was from a fellow collector that helped me. I’ve been trying to get it since it was announced and finally got one.

@anubis20 - Hopefully that you got the Figuarts Tridoron at a good deal. 

Some collectors where whining about forking out close to 20 odd something k yen upon release for a redressed '90 Acura NSX used for the series.  

Try forking out close to $300 USD for a newer version of SHMA Biolante (TWE) and collectors are squawking up a storm. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@anubis20 - Hopefully that you got the Figuarts Tridoron at a good deal. 

Some collectors where whining about forking out close to 20 odd something k yen upon release for a redressed '90 Acura NSX used for the series.  

Try forking out close to $300 USD for a newer version of SHMA Biolante (TWE) and collectors are squawking up a storm. :ph34r:

Man, I want that Biolante but can’t bring myself to pay that price yet. What to do...