Jump to content
Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, vlenhoff said:

I've never seen this bird before. [what she said?]

i had to preorder the Rebels characters now that Zeb is finally being released.

At least you don't have panel line it now.

Duude... Sweeet...

Those helmets are sweeeeet! For about $90 shipped they can't be beat. I git a Hikaru, which is here. Max will be here today. I found s Roy out of China for $175. I have no idea if it will show though. Seemed like the site was a bit sketchy. That's what PayPal is for.:D

Hikaru is alreday chillin on top of the cab.

Helmet 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish i could get that bobafett helmet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

At least you don't have panel line it now.

Right?!  I wasn't sure if I'd like it but worked with the seller on the price since it was already panel lined and wasn't sure if I'd like it.  But hey, I have the reissue for that OG look so I took a chance.  Turns out that I actually do like the panel lining in hand so that's cool and it's my understanding that the panel lining was done in the 80's in Japan.  (Of course, who knows but I'll go with that story.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a fun haul!  I love collecting two things: Macross toys and Vinyl.  I was on an online FB auction a couple of weeks ago for a record store out of VA buying up some vinyl.  They had a haul imported from Japan for all these popular releases (the Beatles, Prince, Queen, etc.) and low and behold this beauty pops up.  Near Mint condition original pressing.  Only two other people actually knew what it was and bid against me until I won.  The shop didn't even know what it was and kept pronouncing "Macross" wrong since the rest of the text was in Japanese.  Such a fun find out in the wild!!  Just arrived this morn:

 

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i managed to get this acrylic display case for my Swordfish II, but it seems a tad big now, I knew the height would be a problem, but it was wide and long enough for the exotic bird to be our the dust world.I hate dusting this with all those sharp articulated surfaces.

Maybe i should put something else in there? Or get a riser or...20200601_004536.jpg.638edd9c02bed72fedb72cdc2eaa77b9.jpg.

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I really wish i could get that bobafett helmet....

You absolutely should! It is awesome!

35 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Here's a fun haul!  I love collecting two things: Macross toys and Vinyl.  I was on an online FB auction a couple of weeks ago for a record store out of VA buying up some vinyl.  They had a haul imported from Japan for all these popular releases (the Beatles, Prince, Queen, etc.) and low and behold this beauty pops up.  Near Mint condition original pressing.  Only two other people actually knew what it was and bid against me until I won.  The shop didn't even know what it was and kept pronouncing "Macross" wrong since the rest of the text was in Japanese.  Such a fun find out in the wild!!  Just arrived this morn:

 

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Wow, nice one! Excellent job!

14 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

i managed to get this acrylic display case for my Swordfish II, but it seems a tad big now, I knew the height would be a problem, but it was wide and long enough for the exotic bird to be our the dust world.I hate dusting is with all those sharp articulated surfaces.

Maybe i should put something else in there? Or get a riser or 20200601_004536.jpg.638edd9c02bed72fedb72cdc2eaa77b9.jpg.

Maybe see if you can get a custom arm for that stand. Perhaps @ChaoticYeti can make an adapter to fit his arms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

i managed to get this acrylic display case for my Swordfish II, but it seems a tad big now, I knew the height would be a problem, but it was wide and long enough for the exotic bird to be our the dust world.I hate dusting is with all those sharp articulated surfaces.

Maybe i should put something else in there? Or get a riser or 

The swordfish really needs an articulated stand, something that lets you see it from an oblique angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Your X-men collection is impressive. It is everything i would get! you got the comic book cover right there, wow. 

Thanks!  Nice display case.

Nice helmet @Slave IV.  I only see a red Hikaru Masei helmet listed on ebay.  Do you have to request from the seller a blue Max helmet?  Next thing you know I might end up with one.

639DF00B-55B1-4BEB-990D-9E3756D70A30.jpeg.bcbf92d956646ca274f1029a70a4a05b.jpeg

Hot Wheels.

B9076E1D-F7A6-4E12-9A55-1936B968C9FF.thumb.jpeg.8dd756cfccd312506bbc9dede637d8bd.jpeg

Marvel Legends Stan Lee x3.  The total was $2.85 for the 3.

6AF4999E-22AB-4BC9-848B-A813FD130D9C.jpeg.4d4fc2cd87fad4674c0288adf69bb8cc.jpeg

832B5C8B-1A6A-4B65-BA90-95B5DE1BDA40.thumb.jpeg.83eb9d12c6ffd600a81120d6763a61bd.jpeg

Scott Summers looks good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks!  Nice display case.

Nice helmet @Slave IV.  I only see a red Hikaru Masei helmet listed on ebay.  Do you have to request from the seller a blue Max helmet?  Next thing you know I might end up with one.

639DF00B-55B1-4BEB-990D-9E3756D70A30.jpeg.bcbf92d956646ca274f1029a70a4a05b.jpeg

Hot Wheels.

B9076E1D-F7A6-4E12-9A55-1936B968C9FF.thumb.jpeg.8dd756cfccd312506bbc9dede637d8bd.jpeg

Marvel Legends Stan Lee x3.  The total was $2.85 for the 3.

6AF4999E-22AB-4BC9-848B-A813FD130D9C.jpeg.4d4fc2cd87fad4674c0288adf69bb8cc.jpeg

832B5C8B-1A6A-4B65-BA90-95B5DE1BDA40.thumb.jpeg.83eb9d12c6ffd600a81120d6763a61bd.jpeg

Scott Summers looks good too.

The helmet was just available at the time but I noticed it was the last one. I'm sure it will come up again or you might want to check with the seller. Nice deal on the Stans, I paid full price but I preordered a long time ago and didn't want to miss out. Also was to lazy to cancel and reorder it for cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max helmet showed up today.:yahoo:

Is the M911 on the helmet an actual Max number or is that some fake crap that the helmet company put on there?:unknw:

Helmets.jpg.b498b49e4b5daad6fce0e5343a1a35b7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Max helmet showed up today.:yahoo:

Is the M911 on the helmet an actual Max number or is that some fake crap that the helmet company put on there?:unknw:

Helmets.jpg.b498b49e4b5daad6fce0e5343a1a35b7.jpg

The M911 was either something they thought looked cool or possible licensing issue. 

Either way it's a simple water slide decal and can be removed. B))

Now you just need a Roy Focker helmet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

The M911 was either something they thought looked cool or possible licensing issue. 

Either way it's a simple water slide decal and can be removed. B))

Now you just need a Roy Focker helmet! 

That's kind of what I figured. And that oddly triggers my OCD. Unfortunately it's printed as part of that blue stripe/arrow. I'd have to get that sticker re-printed or cover it with something to fix it. We'll see how lazy I am. I get a lot of work done through a sticker shop. I'm sure they could get it fixed up.

It may be a self solving problem though. I want a Roy helmet BAD! They are very, very hard to find from this company. Yamato is stupid expensive. I bought the Max to paint up as a Roy. But, after a LONG time looking I did find a site in China that had Roy's for $190 shipped (still a great deal IMO). It seemed a wee bit sketchy though. I'm not sure if it's going to show up or not. If it doesn't that's what PayPal is for. I'll have the Max painted to be a Roy at that point. But, if the Roy does show up, I've got a Max too. Win, win!

Of course if I do keep the Max then I will need a dedicated Max shelf in the cab (duh!:p). Which means I'll need a couple DX VF-1A's and couple DX VF-1S's (assuming they release one). A dedicated Max shelf would be two TV with Supers (all blue), two TV naked (white/blue) and two DYRL with S&S's. And if there is enough room his Q-Rau too. What to do about Miria I don't know. There aren't enough variants to fill a shelf correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Max helmet showed up today.:yahoo:

Is the M911 on the helmet an actual Max number or is that some fake crap that the helmet company put on there?:unknw:

Helmets.jpg.b498b49e4b5daad6fce0e5343a1a35b7.jpg

Nice! I was wondering about the M911 too...

52 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

The M911 was either something they thought looked cool or possible licensing issue. 

Either way it's a simple water slide decal and can be removed. B))

Now you just need a Roy Focker helmet! 

Hmmm...It doesn't really bother me but will see how it goes. 

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That's kind of what I figured. And that oddly triggers my OCD. Unfortunately it's printed as part of that blue stripe/arrow. I'd have to get that sticker re-printed or cover it with something to fix it. We'll see how lazy I am. I get a lot of work done through a sticker shop. I'm sure they could get it fixed up.

It may be a self solving problem though. I want a Roy helmet BAD! They are very, very hard to find from this company. Yamato is stupid expensive. I bought the Max to paint up as a Roy. But, after a LONG time looking I did find a site in China that had Roy's for $190 shipped (still a great deal IMO). It seemed a wee bit sketchy though. I'm not sure if it's going to show up or not. If it doesn't that's what PayPal is for. I'll have the Max painted to be a Roy at that point. But, if the Roy does show up, I've got a Max too. Win, win!

Of course if I do keep the Max then I will need a dedicated Max shelf in the cab (duh!:p). Which means I'll need a couple DX VF-1A's and couple DX VF-1S's (assuming they release one). A dedicated Max shelf would be two TV with Supers (all blue), two TV naked (white/blue) and two DYRL with S&S's. And if there is enough room his Q-Rau too. What to do about Miria I don't know. There aren't enough variants to fill a shelf correctly. 

I don't want to remove the whole arrow so again, it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.

The last part here...a true addict's logic at work! Gotta love it!:D

You could also get another helmet for Milia and call it a day...or do both!

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

 

The last part here...a true addict's logic at work! Gotta love it!:D

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Super Robot collection, tremble in fear! The opposition has arrived!

D19314AC-1E8C-4359-8E5D-8735F50BA895.jpeg.b682a561a70adcebda24ffbad95e4f0c.jpeg

What is that? Looks pretty cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, sqidd said:

What is that? Looks pretty cool!

It's from the new Diaclone line which historically is the precursor to Transformers and where a lot of original Transformers toys came from. This line is completely modular where you can transform, combine and reconfigure as you wish to create new forms and transformations. The Warudaros are the "enemy" faction to Diaclones and this one is the new monster grandaddy that cracked me after eyeing the line from the side for years. It's supposed to be one of the most fun toylines to come out in years and I resisted as long as I could but take a look here at just "some" of the options you can come up with through this one figure and you will see why to me, it is the perfect solution to having very few enemy mecha for my Super Robots: https://www.taghobby.com/archives/456687

Edit: Adding some images of a few examples

DiacloneDA50_17.jpg

DiacloneDA50_21.jpgDiacloneDA50_23.jpgDiacloneDA50_24.jpgDiacloneDA50_35.jpg

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

It's from the new Diaclone line which historically is the precursor to Transformers and where a lot of original Transformers toys came from. This line is completely modular where you can transform, combine and reconfigure as you wish to create new forms and transformations. The Warudaros are the "enemy" faction to Diaclones and this one is the new monster grandaddy that cracked me after eyeing the line from the side for years. It's supposed to be one of the most fun toylines to come out in years and I resisted as long as I could but take a look here at just "some" of the options you can come up with through this one figure and you will see why to me, it is the perfect solution to having very few enemy mecha for my Super Robots: https://www.taghobby.com/archives/456687

Edit: Adding some images of a few examples

DiacloneDA50_17.jpg

DiacloneDA50_21.jpgDiacloneDA50_23.jpgDiacloneDA50_24.jpgDiacloneDA50_35.jpg

Oh man, that is cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Oh man, that is cool!

Yeah, I look forward to breaking it out and seeing what the kids and I come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BWn33FU.jpg

 

Ok, I haven't bulit gunpla for at least 8 years. Nowaday a RG is even more complex than the MG I last built (Freedom ver1.0). Guess the next couple weeks gonna be busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You know, I know nostalgia goggles can be powerful, but seriously, why can't anyone come up with toys -this- cool anymore?

warbird1.jpg.e125466a324cf3fd2e4eacd75ec04223.jpg

About 15 inches long, four individually activated sounds with lights, and the original price tag is still on the box ($24.96 at Walmart).  $20 on ebay.

Eat your hearts out, Diamond Select and Eaglemoss. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of those on the way too, along with the Klingon Vor'cha, basically found a bunch of garage sale fodder for cheap. :lol:

Now, for the Enterprise-D, I know the Diamond Select one is better modeled and detailed in pretty much every way.  That doesn't stop me from considering pulling the electronic guts out, and rigging up the original four-button chip inside the Diamond Select one.

I don't -mind- the cycling voice clips exactly, but sometimes you just want to fire a volley of torpedoes. ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the Ent-D, Warbird and Vor'cha... such wonderful toys!

I miss them.......................

 

and I agree fully with the 4-button sound-system being superior... sometimes you just need to fire the weapons, cloak the ship, or jump to warp9!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my second complete and beautiful YF-25 Prophecy for 125.00 shipped.

So happy at this moment.

 

D4FA5DEF-99CB-4456-9BEE-C98704B24CB7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I just received my second complete and beautiful YF-25 Prophecy for 125.00 shipped.

So happy at this moment.

 

D4FA5DEF-99CB-4456-9BEE-C98704B24CB7.jpeg

Nice!! I've been wanting to dive into Frontier because it's my favorite of the series next to DYRL but have just heard the Valks have so many issues.  I really hope the recent YF-29 release brings about another set of Frontier reissues (without delaying the VF-1 releases haha).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Slave IV said:

It's from the new Diaclone line which historically is the precursor to Transformers and where a lot of original Transformers toys came from. This line is completely modular where you can transform, combine and reconfigure as you wish to create new forms and transformations. The Warudaros are the "enemy" faction to Diaclones and this one is the new monster grandaddy that cracked me after eyeing the line from the side for years. It's supposed to be one of the most fun toylines to come out in years and I resisted as long as I could but take a look here at just "some" of the options you can come up with through this one figure and you will see why to me, it is the perfect solution to having very few enemy mecha for my Super Robots: https://www.taghobby.com/archives/456687

Edit: Adding some images of a few examples

 

 

Unlike other Diaclones so far, whose various split modes just seem meh, this looks just cool in every mode!! Gotta bookmark this item..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MKT said:

Unlike other Diaclones so far, whose various split modes just seem meh, this looks just cool in every mode!! Gotta bookmark this item..

 

Yeah, part of the reason I was able to hold out on the previous releases. But this thing is just awesome in so many ways I could not resist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogueload said:

That's one clean looking chunky! Nice! :good:

Thanks man!!  I've actually been working with ToyHax/Reprolabels to get die cut decals for OG Macross.  First one is this DYRL VF-1S Strike.  They came out amazing.

IMG_0204.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You know, I know nostalgia goggles can be powerful, but seriously, why can't anyone come up with toys -this- cool anymore?

warbird1.jpg.e125466a324cf3fd2e4eacd75ec04223.jpg

About 15 inches long, four individually activated sounds with lights, and the original price tag is still on the box ($24.96 at Walmart).  $20 on ebay.

Eat your hearts out, Diamond Select and Eaglemoss. :p

Cool.  I think I still have all of my STTNG figures and vehicles/playsets.  I used to love the Bridge playset and the Shuttlecraft.  The Romulan Warbird and a few other ships are probably at my parent’s house.

 

9AD63076-B9DF-4AA7-B2B7-B65B097D878C.jpeg.5dedddcb6259d3cb337a1afac236c72b.jpeg

Marvel Legends Red Hulk.

Edited by sh9000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO SAY WE ALL!

This beauty just arrived, another awesome VIPER for my BSG collection! B))

 

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...