Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

You know, I know nostalgia goggles can be powerful, but seriously, why can't anyone come up with toys -this- cool anymore?

warbird1.jpg.e125466a324cf3fd2e4eacd75ec04223.jpg

About 15 inches long, four individually activated sounds with lights, and the original price tag is still on the box ($24.96 at Walmart).  $20 on ebay.

Eat your hearts out, Diamond Select and Eaglemoss. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

I have one of those on the way too, along with the Klingon Vor'cha, basically found a bunch of garage sale fodder for cheap. :lol:

Now, for the Enterprise-D, I know the Diamond Select one is better modeled and detailed in pretty much every way.  That doesn't stop me from considering pulling the electronic guts out, and rigging up the original four-button chip inside the Diamond Select one.

I don't -mind- the cycling voice clips exactly, but sometimes you just want to fire a volley of torpedoes. ^_^ 

I had the Ent-D, Warbird and Vor'cha... such wonderful toys!

I miss them.......................

and I agree fully with the 4-button sound-system being superior... sometimes you just need to fire the weapons, cloak the ship, or jump to warp9!

7 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I just received my second complete and beautiful YF-25 Prophecy for 125.00 shipped.

So happy at this moment.

D4FA5DEF-99CB-4456-9BEE-C98704B24CB7.jpeg

Nice!! I've been wanting to dive into Frontier because it's my favorite of the series next to DYRL but have just heard the Valks have so many issues.  I really hope the recent YF-29 release brings about another set of Frontier reissues (without delaying the VF-1 releases haha).

21 hours ago, Slave IV said:

It's from the new Diaclone line which historically is the precursor to Transformers and where a lot of original Transformers toys came from. This line is completely modular where you can transform, combine and reconfigure as you wish to create new forms and transformations. The Warudaros are the "enemy" faction to Diaclones and this one is the new monster grandaddy that cracked me after eyeing the line from the side for years. It's supposed to be one of the most fun toylines to come out in years and I resisted as long as I could but take a look here at just "some" of the options you can come up with through this one figure and you will see why to me, it is the perfect solution to having very few enemy mecha for my Super Robots: https://www.taghobby.com/archives/456687

Edit: Adding some images of a few examples

Unlike other Diaclones so far, whose various split modes just seem meh, this looks just cool in every mode!! Gotta bookmark this item..

43 minutes ago, MKT said:

Unlike other Diaclones so far, whose various split modes just seem meh, this looks just cool in every mode!! Gotta bookmark this item..

Yeah, part of the reason I was able to hold out on the previous releases. But this thing is just awesome in so many ways I could not resist!

15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You know, I know nostalgia goggles can be powerful, but seriously, why can't anyone come up with toys -this- cool anymore?

warbird1.jpg.e125466a324cf3fd2e4eacd75ec04223.jpg

About 15 inches long, four individually activated sounds with lights, and the original price tag is still on the box ($24.96 at Walmart).  $20 on ebay.

Eat your hearts out, Diamond Select and Eaglemoss. :p

Cool.  I think I still have all of my STTNG figures and vehicles/playsets.  I used to love the Bridge playset and the Shuttlecraft.  The Romulan Warbird and a few other ships are probably at my parent’s house.

9AD63076-B9DF-4AA7-B2B7-B65B097D878C.jpeg.5dedddcb6259d3cb337a1afac236c72b.jpeg

Marvel Legends Red Hulk.

Edited by sh9000

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That looks better than the earlier Viper releases. I don't recall that unit though. That's from the BSG remake?

This was from the very short lived Blood & Chrome Pilot/movie that was made in 2012 after BSG ended. For a pre-painted Diecast/ABS toy it looks & feels really good! 

That show had potential as well this Viper, I'm very happy that Eaglemoss chose to make it since Moebius probably never will. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

7 minutes ago, Chowser said:

bought an old armor kit for my son's bandai as one of his finished school presents.  tomorrow i'm teaching him how to drive (he's 13)

DC10-CAB1-762-F-44-AC-B795-5071627-A5-BD

Lucky kid!

6 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Thanks @Slave IV!! 

@sqidd Then you definitely shouldn't see this. :p

IMG_1956.JPG

Very cool! Someday, a Cylon Raider will be back in my collection. Haven't had one since the vintage with pop out wings and shooting projectiles.

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Thanks @Slave IV!! 

@sqidd Then you definitely shouldn't see this. :p

IMG_1956.JPG

Awwwww man. I just went to BBTS and checked these out. They're pretty inexpensive as far as toy collecting goes. But I don't have the room!!!!!:unknw:

EDIT: I'm a weak man. I ordered these.:D

2f0ac66f-82f2-4e2f-a469-65e8e521e863.jpg

57272ee6-84f5-45be-9bce-654eb8e6cedd.jpg

034f20e4-a933-4b85-b5ba-c17c2ff2b67f.jpg

Edited by sqidd

Just now, sqidd said:

Awwwww man. I just went to BBTS and checked these out. They're pretty inexpensive as far as toy collecting goes. But I don't have the room!!!!!:unknw:

Yup, I visited BBTS too... I think I'll have to wait. I just want one, the Original Mark II Viper, top left of the picture above. 

1 minute ago, vlenhoff said:

Yup, I visited BBTS too... I think I'll have to wait. I just want one, the Original Mark II Viper, top left of the picture above. 

I'm weak. See edit above.:sorry:

You should be weak too. No pressure..................:p

Edited by sqidd

Just now, sqidd said:

I'm weak. See edit above.:sorry:

You should be weak too. No pressure..................:p

Sadly, I am pretty strong when it comes to things non Macross, or non Star wars. I've wanted a viper Mark II since i was a child, so this is hitting me right up in the my glass chin. I'm very conflicted right now. :touche:

35 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Sadly, I am pretty strong when it comes to things non Macross, or non Star wars. I've wanted a viper Mark II since i was a child, so this is hitting me right up in the my glass chin. I'm very conflicted right now. :touche:

All the cool kids do it!:p

No pressure!

40 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have those 3, they look quite good.

Btw, you need the 2004 Base Star as well :diablo:

That's next if shelf space works out.:good:

22 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I must be one of the few weirdos who usually likes the bad guy ships better.

Not gunna lie, my favorite Eaglemoss BSG ships are the Cylon Raider and the Basestar.

The Vipers look pretty good as well, but they really nailed the Cylon ships.