Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

By any chance have this vendors info? I'm looking for another Low Vis

I might let go a mib low viz version 1 not sure yet 

14 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I think I have his card, if not I'm friends with a big vendor there, he will know his name.  The guy specialized in 80s toys.

Tank you.:hi:

12 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

I might let go a mib low viz version 1 not sure yet 

LMK

1 hour ago, borgified said:

The second v.2 1/60 valks with the white side covers and the black top had shoulder issues while the v.1 did not.

I have a 1/60 Yammie VF-1J with GPB v.2 with both cracked shoulders, however I haven't done the replacement since I got the parts from Shapeways.  

This one will for sure have the cracked shoulders.

Here's Jenuis' v.2 Yammie list from his blog.

https://i0.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Arcadia-PF-Elintseeker-2.jpg

Yeah.

I don't recall any of the Hikaru-1S releases being reported here to have knurled-pins nor shoulder-issues.

Iirc, only the original 2008-releases (hikaru-1a and roy-1s with single and FP versions) have had knurled-pins and some reporting of shoulder-issues with them. 

I can't recall if anybody reported the Hikaru-1J having knurled pins nor have shoulder-issues, either.

I do recall the VT-1, VE-1 and possibly VF-1D being reported to have had knurled-pins and some have had broken ones.

Opened up my brand new resin 3D printer today. Anycubic Photon

20200309_164528.thumb.jpg.9fbcdf5d57e30f33b02f0319cc8d587b.jpg

Hopefully this makes it easier to put together some more CAD designs. Iterating based on Shapeways prints takes a lot of time and money.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Hopefully this makes it easier to put together some more CAD designs. Iterating based on Shapeways prints takes a lot of time and money.

Nice!  There's some Macross character models out there would benefit from the kind of detail that you could get from the Photon.

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

20200309_164528.thumb.jpg.9fbcdf5d57e30f33b02f0319cc8d587b.jpg

Photon or Photon S?  I have the Photon and it is a great little machine.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Photon or Photon S?  I have the Photon and it is a great little machine.

The original one, right now they're $239. 

Looks like they just updated their line as well, there's a Photon zero and a wash/cure machine now.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

12 hours ago, treatment said:

Strange.

I don't recall the Hikaru-1S ever being part of the original batch that had knurled-pins...

You recalled wrong. I have the shoulder replacement pins courtesy of this site's mod sent free years ago. Replaced them a few months ago.

15 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Here's the old thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/32126-post-pics-of-vf-1-broken-shoulders-here/#comments

I didn't see you posting a report or a pic there.

Graham did mentioned you as one of those who ordered from him.

FINALLY got a EX Gokin Energer in the OG paint! I had been on the hunt for one forever.

Team Ex Gokin is filling out nicely.:good:

Energer.jpg.ffd046e2acdda09ed8c263727e26fedc.jpg

1172861861_Gokin2.jpg.98ae88e52550d59f483c82614dd48fda.jpg

1745974366_Gokin1.jpg.e324ceb5840a5370b6a97d0f7768d93d.jpg

Upcoming releases:

AFC 1/100 volume 50 F-15DJ Eagle

AFC 1/100 volume 51 F-117A Nighthawk Gray Dragon

Mnn.. hope they branch out into more airframes soon.  I want something like an EA-6B, or RA-5.. maybe an F-8 or A-4.

Gotta fill out my late 70s carrier airwing. ^_^ 

55 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Upcoming releases:

AFC 1/100 volume 50 F-15DJ Eagle

AFC 1/100 volume 51 F-117A Nighthawk Gray Dragon

Is there a picture of the deco for the F-15?

@Sanity is Optional

Let me know how the Photon works for you.  That price is right.  But every time I think about getting a resin printer I watch something about what a pain in the ass they are to clean and how hazardous the resin is and how much effort you have to put into dealing with it.  Then the fact that the resin goes bad in 6-12 months and it all turns me off of it.  My FMD is pretty simple in comparison and that ABS plastic can sit there for years and be perfectly fine when I start up. 

However, the resin print quality is so much better than FMD....

55 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

@Sanity is Optional

Let me know how the Photon works for you.  That price is right.  But every time I think about getting a resin printer I watch something about what a pain in the ass they are to clean and how hazardous the resin is and how much effort you have to put into dealing with it.  Then the fact that the resin goes bad in 6-12 months and it all turns me off of it.  My FMD is pretty simple in comparison and that ABS plastic can sit there for years and be perfectly fine when I start up. 

Can't speak for the Photon, but where I work I have access to a Form 2 resin 3D printer, and I still have issues with consistency in detail.  Sometimes I get almost exactly what I want, and sometimes it is a fuzzy mess.  But that printer is a bit on the old side, at this point.

All I'm saying is resin doesn't always give you the best detail, either.

More spaceships!

The Gladiators were finally available (they’ve been having trouble with keeping smaller ships in stock), so I snagged two.

And it was inevitable that I’d be starting X-wing as well.

57B23D84-86D4-4BD0-A0CC-C43334054320.jpeg

AB58A8E0-7CE4-41F1-81E0-1DB8099892E2.jpeg

15 minutes ago, iguanaman8989 said:

And it was inevitable that I’d be starting X-wing as well.

AB58A8E0-7CE4-41F1-81E0-1DB8099892E2.jpeg

Actually getting into the game, or just the ships? :lol: 

I've only picked up a few of the assorted larger ships because they're nice little desktop models, but I was surprised to see them update the X-Wing to actually have opening/closing wings.  I did get a single X-Wing with the rebel cargo transport from ESB, but it's an older style. 

I think the newest edition of the Tantive IV also was modified to have more accurate turrets, but I already chopped mine to shorten them.  I really wish Bandai would have made a kit in that size, instead of the micro-model series.

2 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

@Sanity is Optional

Yeah, I'm waiting until Friday to set the printer up, as I'm not quite sure yet where to put it. Might just stick it in the garage with the door closed and a garbage bag around it to contain the smell.

My boss at work bought one, and he's had some success using it to print replacement parts for his model trains. I'll be using it to do quick prototype iterations for some custom designs like the VF-31 missile pod I did a while back.

I'll definitely post up over on the workshop section how well it goes.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Actually getting into the game, or just the ships? :lol: 

I've only picked up a few of the assorted larger ships because they're nice little desktop models, but I was surprised to see them update the X-Wing to actually have opening/closing wings.  I did get a single X-Wing with the rebel cargo transport from ESB, but it's an older style. 

I think the newest edition of the Tantive IV also was modified to have more accurate turrets, but I already chopped mine to shorten them.  I really wish Bandai would have made a kit in that size, instead of the micro-model series.

Little bit of both. The x-wing community in my area is a bit more active than any Armada I’ve seen so far, but there’s been talk of Clone Wars era stuff coming out later this year, so that’ll reinvigorate the game.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Mnn.. hope they branch out into more airframes soon.  I want something like an EA-6B, or RA-5.. maybe an F-8 or A-4.

Gotta fill out my late 70s carrier airwing. ^_^ 

Are you getting this F-14A?

850CFC20-2428-46B4-BEDC-EC22519D0AC3.jpeg.4e8d481e8529f4b6ea431d01e641b8d9.jpeg

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Is there a picture of the deco for the F-15?

I’m not sure but this is the description:  F-15DJ Eagle Flight guidance group Virtual enemy aircraft painting 2018.

Just opened up the latest War Machine and right out of the box the shoulder cannon is loose as f*** and falls right off if you breathe on it too hard.

You suck, Bandai.

IMG_20200312_102204.thumb.jpg.f64b100d8955113b8a2accdeca381fb8.jpg

All my recent Macross buys, except for the 1:55 Hikaru Strike.
20200309_195828.thumb.jpg.25f751944f6efac69c5f8bf5d7d5430a.jpg

Received these in the last couple days:

Black Bunny F-14 from Calibre Wings

20200312_164224.thumb.jpg.fb3065b232b5d4476f9f18b8dbf6841e.jpg

Boosters and Radome for VF-11 courtesy of @valhary, who kindly let me have the prototype parts he put together. I hope I can do justice to them.

20200311_183752.thumb.jpg.572ac0ada6d72d5538f3315f527e51dc.jpg

Neca Turtles In Time Wave 1 showed up today.

61AB136A-B725-4694-B82B-6BBF9C46A2E3.thumb.jpeg.c07b0a8f49306edf3f9909307b62a95f.jpeg

Received this guy today from prime 1.

1/3 Arkham knight. Got him during their winter sale 650.00 shipped. Great statue!

6AB259E6-2AFA-49B6-906C-66FCF20E7835.jpeg

DE140D06-CAEB-41CA-9095-24930A3FDF4B.jpeg

C3AF1B2A-8A70-4395-8B87-512AA37EFB67.jpeg

270FAFE3-107C-4E68-96A5-BCBC027307B1.jpeg

Got King Of Wakanda Black Panther too.  Looks great, poseability sucks.  Forgot I’d even pre-ordered it.

6477C738-6EBE-4FE0-AFE2-7C43CFBDE2F7.thumb.jpeg.f5903cfc942106b77b1fa6e5a6bfdea4.jpeg

On 3/8/2020 at 4:24 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just thought I would pop in for a moment to say...

My dissertation was just approved.... so all that is really standing in my way to getting my PhD is doing my dissertation defense in front of my adviser and the other committee members.... which will probably be done sometime in April... depending on when my mother's chemo and radiation therapy gets scheduled.

At any rate, it was nice to get some good news for once.,. especially given how the past few weeks has been regarding my mother's health.

Have a great weekend everyone!  And stay safe and healthy... particularly with that coronavirus going around.

-Shizuka the almost PhD Cat

Congrats! Eat healthy and get plenty of sleep whenever you can.

On topic: I haven't actually posted my latest haul. I have not spent much this year--because of course I spent a lot last year T_T My first 2 months of 2020 was paying off a company loan. I'm also saving up for RL expenses like home improvements, and this coronavirus pandemic has also added to the expenses. I had to buy masks and medicines just to make sure I have my own stock (not hoarding levels though).

large.2020_01_bk_codegeassvf1.jpg.d7651cc1dafe29a6ca8401981df2002c.jpg

Posted (edited)

716882581_Drift_Optimus_FlameToys.thumb.jpg.c034537c895c03a2d2ee2e887157bf59.jpg

Just got these two. From USA Gundam Store. Huge discounted and sale price. 550.00 shipped for both. BUT FEDEX clobbered the outer box of the Drift so bad you can see on the top of the box that there is a fairly noticeable tear. Toy is fine. USA Gundam offered to refund shipping and give me a 10% additional refund, AND another 10% on a future purchase. First time buying from this store. I saw the sale last week when I was in a USO in Richmond, VA while surfing my phone. They got a customer for life. What a refreshing experience.

Haven't opened them yet, but will very soon.

20200313_113941.jpg

Edited by Alphahorizon