Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

23 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

A silver Centurion added to the collection thanks to good ol e-bay :)

IMG-20200115-WA0000001.jpeg

IMG-20200115-WA0002001.jpeg

"By your command". 

Nice score!!

9 hours ago, Podtastic said:

A silver Centurion added to the collection thanks to good ol e-bay :)

IMG-20200115-WA0000001.jpeg

IMG-20200115-WA0002001.jpeg

Nice! Who makes those?

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Who makes those?

Humans made the Cylons.:D

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Lol. I have my old 12” light up one from when I was a kid and a 4” 5poa one from around the same time but nothing since. 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Tell that to this guy:
Imperious_Leader_Original_Costume_06.thumb.jpeg.9083fcf5f5802d8fbf53262438445ba9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mazinger said:

Tell that to this guy:
Imperious_Leader_Original_Costume_06.thumb.jpeg.9083fcf5f5802d8fbf53262438445ba9.jpeg

If I get to carry an AR, sure.:D

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Who makes those?

Majestic Studios made the toys. 

Lore-wise the original reptilian Cylons made the Centurions, after they were beguiled by a god-like being (sound familiar?) named Count Iblis. The Centurions ended up exterminating  the original Cylons and taking the name. Its a much more interesting tale than the reboot version IMO.

56 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Tell that to this guy:

Attention, attention, the Imperious Leader will be with us shortly...

2 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Lore-wise the original reptilian Cylons made the Centurions, after they were beguiled by a god-like being (sound familiar?) named Count Iblis. The Centurions ended up exterminating  the original Cylons and taking the name. Its a much more interesting tale than the reboot version IMO.

Attention, attention, the Imperious Leader will be with us shortly...

Nice, thanks!

18 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

_20200117_173713.thumb.JPG.9f5b04a9b7b19b1ec3719200d328ea5e.JPG

I got some model kits today, and this

_20200117_173837.thumb.JPG.15313e551fb06413df685540bbe6e6f2.JPG

Nice! I've been holding off on the Tread my whole life but want one that pairs with the legiioss bad! Just hoping Sentinel comes through for me.

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I've been holding off on the Tread my whole life but want one that pairs with the legiioss bad! Just hoping Sentinel comes through for me.

I found this one for ¥15000 on Mandarake 

2 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I found this one for ¥15000 on Mandarake 

Not bad! I stopped looking a while ago just because like I said, I'm hoping for something better to come in the future.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Not bad! I stopped looking a while ago just because like I said, I'm hoping for something better to come in the future.

Ditto

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Who makes those?

I think Lexus :p

2016-Lexus-RX-450h-Hybrid-grille.jpg

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I’m still a fan of the Ron Moore BSG backstory.  They just developed a lot of good stories out of the “Humans built the Cylons” idea.

But I still tip my cap to the old series for coming up with awesome designs. :hi:

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ditto

It has some flaws, but the Toynami Beta is pretty freakin’ awesome.  Ratchet-joints in key spots and a nice heft to it.

There are some gaps here and there, but the bomber mode still looks good, and the fighter combo with the Alpha is hard to beat (assuming you luck out and get a good looking Alpha).

Not sure what they’re going for now, but I never regretted getting the Beta.

24 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I think Lexus :p

2016-Lexus-RX-450h-Hybrid-grille.jpg

LOL!

8 minutes ago, Mog said:

I’m still a fan of the Ron Moore BSG backstory.  They just developed a lot of good stories out of the “Humans built the Cylons” idea.

But I still tip my cap to the old series for coming up with awesome designs. :hi:

It has some flaws, but the Toynami Beta is pretty freakin’ awesome.  Ratchet-joints in key spots and a nice heft to it.

There are some gaps here and there, but the bomber mode still looks good, and the fighter combo with the Alpha is hard to beat (assuming you luck out and get a good looking Alpha).

I could never get into any BSG except the original, which I loved.

Yeah, the Toynami Beta is nice but the problem with it is not itself but the Alpha that you mentioned. I want the whole package to be good. Since I waited this long already, (gladly) passed on the ET versions, I'm putting my money on Sentinel to fulfill my destiny.

Yeah, the Alphas are Russian-roulette to find a good one.

And even when you find a good one, there’s that fear that they’ll fail after a few transformations.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

I almost pulled the trigger on a very nice Toynami Alpha and Beta recently to display in fighter mode. But I've got PO's on the Sentinel so I'm holding out. I hope I don't regret it. I really want that pair in my display case.

0BC052AC-FAF3-4F13-9EE9-53AE31C98A6B.thumb.jpeg.84127cd95a580c2c1ad5d6f5f5bf5cdd.jpeg

I still love the original Battlestar Galactica.

6CD364A0-FAFD-48C7-A4C8-E05249391CA0.thumb.jpeg.cf1b05e431f9f204b46d239e4e1612bd.jpeg

Marvel Legends Love Triangle 3 pack x2 from Dorkside.

At 4 inches tall the MS Prime and NA Megatron are amazing. Off to start a new collection with my son.

NA Bumblebee and NA Insecticons are incoming. If these don’t disappoint we’ll see where this goes.

654FA77A-A189-45D9-AF60-75BBD38DEDAE.jpeg

Beginning of the year always seems to be vinyl time.

And Eaglemoss models are ALWAYS broken.

6272EE3D-51D6-4853-8C12-565C419144FD.thumb.jpeg.3eccc8e4cb60f73ea47cabe4cdceab64.jpeg

6460BD0C-41C2-4FDD-99B2-C9E35FE97356.thumb.jpeg.f56e6b8faa929ac71eb174d502dc7f04.jpeg

8864BEC0-A7BA-416D-AA42-C874FDABEB4E.thumb.jpeg.6e5e013222bb6a48b87d2bb5ec48f4eb.jpeg

57DD8B65-A0D8-4660-A753-A5C687D1EAD4.thumb.jpeg.136d48ec18d18a8a01842e08e66f6397.jpeg

3A6A4EDB-57E5-4EE1-8436-0EED4D4A61E2.thumb.jpeg.d8982953c93a4545294f005ef601c64b.jpeg

16 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

At 4 inches tall the MS Prime and NA Megatron are amazing. Off to start a new collection with my son.

NA Bumblebee and NA Insecticons are incoming. If these don’t disappoint we’ll see where this goes.

654FA77A-A189-45D9-AF60-75BBD38DEDAE.jpeg

What brand are those transformers?

23 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

What brand are those transformers?

Magic Square Light pf Justice and NewAge Agamemnon. There are different variations of each to choose from. 

They are both pretty amazing, sturdy, and have incredible transformation processes.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

55 minutes ago, sqidd said:

VF-1S Stealth.jpg

See the source image

Very nice!!!!

Okie dokie then, guess I need a set now! :D

51 minutes ago, sqidd said:

VF-1S Stealth.jpg

Noice!  Yr fly is open tho, lol.  Er, well, I guess it's just showing some cleavage.

Edited by Pontus

25 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice!

I'm super stoked about this one!

I finally watched DYRL the other day too. It's been a pretty good Macross few days!

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

See the source image

Very nice!!!!

Okie dokie then, guess I need a set now! :D

Yep, you NEED one.:D

6 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Noice!  Yr fly is open tho, lol.  Er, well, I guess it's just showing some cleavage.

Good eye!

Picked up a PCS Bison from sideshow when they had sale in December.Really nice statue

C2EC2BA1-C476-4AEB-B3E6-46B343E009AD.jpeg

F6598E0A-13C3-4943-B997-28B7A5F0D1DF.png

2 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Picked up a PCS Bison from sideshow when they had sale in December.Really nice statue

C2EC2BA1-C476-4AEB-B3E6-46B343E009AD.jpeg

Very nice collection. Amazing sculptures.

14 hours ago, sqidd said:

VF-1S Stealth.jpg

Don't do what I did...  I actually placed all of the decals on mine. LOL  Not sure if it was worth it but my OCD was kicking in and had to do it.  Now half are falling off of course.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Don't do what I did...  I actually placed all of the decals on mine. LOL  Not sure if it was worth it but my OCD was kicking in and had to do it.  Now half are falling off of course.

Good advice. I looked at it last night and asked myself if A, did I want to take the time. And B, how long until they peel off?

I think I'm going to get some skull water slides for the boosters and leave the rest nekkid.