Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

New Figure of the OG best girl and original waifu

49375126498_d1211ed236_h.jpg

she looks really good with Mama

49375576756_bd91b1bacc_h.jpg

3 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Got my 2 prime 1 studio Batman hush statues..... love them 

8383401E-FCA7-42BB-9C90-98564D78CC26.jpeg

78298279-42DB-4197-9307-C09CEA6F794C.jpeg

These are sooooooo over the top. In a good way.:good::hi:

That thing is legit gonna haunt my nightmares. :bad:

Edited by anime52k8

13 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Congrats!  Great photos.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, sqidd said:

I found a set of S&S parts on feeBay for the Stealth Strike Parts. The guy had a bid on it already. I messaged him asking if he had a BIN and to name his price. He said because there was a bit he wanted to let it run out. I'll bet I get it for less than he could have gotten out of me.;)

So did you pull the trigger on that Stealth SSP set? B))

17 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I may have to crack the piggy bank open, that looks insane!! Asuka! :wub:

45 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

How much do they go for now btw?

10 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

The one on Ebay I was referencing to went for $163.00 I think (that's a good price these days), others are selling it for much higher prices. 

The Stealth Box set w/SSP are really pricey, some as high as $700.00+ on eBay. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Sure did! Won the auction last night. I asked the guy to end it early and name his price. He wanted to let it ride (and didn't give me a number). I ended up getting it for about $100 less than I was willing to go. I'll call that win!

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

The one on Ebay I was referencing to went for $163.00 I think (that's a good price these days), others are selling it for much higher prices. 

The Stealth Box set w/SSP are really pricey, some as high as $700.00+ on eBay. 

Plus tax and shipping they were $182.96. A steal really. I've got $412 in the valk and S&S parts. They're both new.:yahoo:

Congrats @sqidd That's a really good price shipped, plus the fact it looks brand new & untouched! :D

For a $105.00 shipped I picked up another Yamato 1/48 Roy Focker, I felt it was a good price & nabbed it!! B)) 

IMG_9446.JPG

3 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Congrats @sqidd That's a really good price shipped, plus the fact it looks brand new & untouched! :D

For a $105.00 shipped I picked up another Yamato 1/48 Roy Focker, I felt it was a good price & nabbed it!! B)) 

IMG_9446.JPG

That's a sweet deal!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Sure did! Won the auction last night. I asked the guy to end it early and name his price. He wanted to let it ride (and didn't give me a number). I ended up getting it for about $100 less than I was willing to go. I'll call that win!

Congrats!

Macross_VF-1J_Stealth_DSCN3635.jpg.e5fe447f8dc96348d2467fe726899671.jpg

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Congrats!

Macross_VF-1J_Stealth_DSCN3635.jpg.e5fe447f8dc96348d2467fe726899671.jpg

Sooooo menacing!

After a couple of years I have come back, and I bought a Hi-Metal R VF-4 from Mandarake. It’s taking a while for the shipment to get underway.

23 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Can we get more angles of Azuka? For research purposes...

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

After a couple of years I have come back, and I bought a Hi-Metal R VF-4 from Mandarake. It’s taking a while for the shipment to get underway.

My Mandy orders have been taking between three days and three weeks. All EMS.

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

My Mandy orders have been taking between three days and three weeks. All EMS.

All of a sudden I get a text update saying that my package will arrive this Thursday. Which is thrilling and disappointing all at the same time. 

Thrilling because it’ll be here soon, but disappointing because I turn around and leave for a Bolt Action tournament as soon as I get home that day...

19 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_9446.JPG

I still think one of the most impressive details on that version is how Yamato actually went to the trouble to paint the wiring on the gear.  For all of Bandai's obsession with tampo, I'd trade all the "NO STEP"s in an instant for painted gear.

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I still think one of the most impressive details on that version is how Yamato actually went to the trouble to paint the wiring on the gear.  For all of Bandai's obsession with tampo, I'd trade all the "NO STEP"s in an instant for painted gear.

As much as I like my Bandai 1/48's (and I do!). It really would have been nice of they basically took the Yamato and added 20yrs of technology, design and production technique to it. The only thing I don't like about my Yamato's is that they a lot less refined, things are looser, etc. Aside from that the Yamato's are pretty much perfect.

Watching Jenius' comparison video was very telling. I sold my one 1:48 Yamato off years ago (which I did adore at the time) and went with all 1:60V2's from then on out.  The DX does do several things better as he pointed out in the comparison video.  Little things, a lot of which I hadn't really caught just by of the amount of time gone by and looking at people's pics here.  We all know that Bandai will never best Yamato in the sheer choices of paint schemes, but it has to be said in my opinion that other than the stupid non white landing gear, the teeny weeny TV pilots, the the odd fall apart waist gimmick, (which I do get having it but dang it's annoying), and the arms not locking as securely as the should in fighter mode, the DX engineering wise is king of the hill.  We'll see how they stand the test of time.  In 10 years will they still be as good as the V2's are now?  Time will tell I suppose. 

Edited by derex3592

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Same here. I'd much rather apply a few decals myself than go through the hassle of carefully masking and painting the landing gear and having to take great care not to accidentally peel off Bandai's shoddy tampo application.

And yet despite Bandai's tampo craze, they still miss some key markings that I consider a must, like the ejection seat warnings and the skull insignia behind the cockpit. Then there's the stupid 100 printing...

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Watching Jenius' comparison video was very telling. I sold my one 1:48 Yamato off years ago (which I did adore at the time) and went with all 1:60V2's from then on out.  The DX does do several things better as he pointed out in the comparison video.  Little things, a lot of which I hadn't really caught just by of the amount of time gone by and looking at people's pics here.  We all know that Bandai will never best Yamato in the sheer choices of paint schemes, but it has to be said in my opinion that other than the stupid non white landing gear, the teeny weeny TV pilots, the the odd fall apart waist gimmick, (which I do get having it but dang it's annoying), and the arms not locking as securely as the should in fighter mode, the DX engineering wise is king of the hill.  We'll see how they stand the test of time.  In 10 years will they still be as good as the V2's are now?  Time will tell I suppose. 

"Except for [insert long list of drawbacks], the DX is the best VF-1 ever!"

Reminds me of a drug commercial where most of the run time is spent on warnings and side effects.

"If your gunpod stays extended for more than four hours, please see your doctor right away." :lol:

Another thing I've noticed is how far forward leaning the DX front landing gear is, which became even more noticeable after @jenius posted his side by side comparison pic:

Bandai-DX-VF-1S-Hikaru-5.jpg.0ca17bfbcad3e58c6bc338cf42f829e1.thumb.jpg.6a1c3929c04f4588f303862b1290dc06.jpg

Not a major thing, but now I can't unsee it.

Also, even the DX DYRL pilot is still too small, but way better than the TV pilots.

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

10 years?  Just hope the joints and stuff to not be loosey-goosey after a year or so...

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I just got this 1/100 DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger kit by Over Dard

_20200114_183220.thumb.JPG.2c0bd6a236b493873aa476359c99baba.JPG

Awesome!

This showed up today.... lousy picture, I know.

1300158832_SwordfishII.jpg.4c52ad549984f51d3a417cef8d58990e.jpg

25 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

This showed up today.... lousy picture, I know.

1300158832_SwordfishII.jpg.4c52ad549984f51d3a417cef8d58990e.jpg

Warning: getting that gun on it is a TIGHT fit.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

It really is a beautiful piece though. 

I think my one nitpick is that the headlights need some work to black out the light bleed.  The lights look good, but the way they are piped through the lenses lets a bit too much leaking into the red plastic around the lights.

Better late than never, Dorkside.  Gamestop hooked me up three months ago.

F209EAC6-43FF-4E82-9F7D-7F0F62ECFFE1.thumb.jpeg.59ac63293b71a48320b0160a3e30dd01.jpeg

On 1/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, vlenhoff said:

Can we get more angles of Azuka? For research purposes...

I hope I'm actually awake while there's light to do that today. :rolleyes:

My Marvel Legends Love Triangle 3 packs from Dorkside should be coming in tomorrow.  The delay was out of their control.