Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

That’s an interesting tail design on the E-2D. Wonder if it’s JASDF’s or VAW-125 is playing around with a new scheme. 

First new year figure, got it yesterday on the mail.

It sure took its time to get delivered to me. :D

image.png.b6d9eeee504205c42339c965ee9fa12b.png

image.png.cc3b55b3881fb0a2fa18494042f3199a.png 

17 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

That’s an interesting tail design on the E-2D. Wonder if it’s JASDF’s or VAW-125 is playing around with a new scheme. 

Looking forward to more releases of larger aircraft.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Looking forward to more releases of larger aircraft.

Managed to nab one of those from CDJapan on release day, I'm personally really hoping we get a few more older fighters from the 50s-70s, like the Century Series, maybe a Vigilante, Crusader, Panther, Cougar.. I could go on for days. :lol: 

I hope they make a 1/100 SR-71.

I’d definitely buy a 1/100 B-2 Bomber if they could release one.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

As much as I'd love one of those I doubt anyone's going to make one larger than 1/200; even at 1/100 it'd have a 20 inch wingspan.

Granted I can't say too much about unrealistic hopes when I'm waiting for someone to make a diecast B-1B at 1/72 to match the rest of my collection.

That, a 1/72 Saturn V, and a diecast 1/72 shuttle (without having to drop >$2K on that limited edition Chogokin one) would be my dream centerpieces.

Edited by Jaustin89

9 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

As much as I'd love one of those I doubt anyone's going to make one larger than 1/200; even at 1/100 it'd have a 20 inch wingspan.

Granted I can't say too much about unrealistic hopes when I'm waiting for someone to make a diecast B-1B at 1/72 to match the rest of my collection.

That, a 1/72 Saturn V, and a diecast 1/72 shuttle (without having to drop >$2K on that limited edition Chogokin one) would be my dream centerpieces.

A big Saturn V would be really cool.

28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

A big Saturn V would be really cool.

https://www.magellanmodels.com/nasa-saturn-v-rocket-large-scale/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_p7P86Xw5gIVjP7jBx1Pbw6eEAQYBCABEgIszfD_BwE

Magellan's got one at 1/100 coming out soon but I can't justify $500 on it when I don't have the space to display a third 3-4 ft long rocket model (I've got their 1/100 Atlas IV and the lego Saturn V is ~1/110).

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I hope they make a 1/100 SR-71.

I'd take those and a B-1 but mostly, I want an XB-70!

On 1/5/2020 at 6:25 AM, CHAVAKAISER said:

B3 yukikaze 1/72:yahoo:

Screenshot_20200105-082405_Gallery.jpg

71612775.jpg

Ooohhhh! I really wanted for these birds to transform. Love the design. :wub:

Would be nice when Arcadia’s done with their ‘reissues‘ they could get the rights for these and do some 1/60 scale of it. Arcadia’s good with fighter planes. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jaustin89 said:

https://www.magellanmodels.com/nasa-saturn-v-rocket-large-scale/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_p7P86Xw5gIVjP7jBx1Pbw6eEAQYBCABEgIszfD_BwE

Magellan's got one at 1/100 coming out soon but I can't justify $500 on it when I don't have the space to display a third 3-4 ft long rocket model (I've got their 1/100 Atlas IV and the lego Saturn V is ~1/110).

Oh mam, That's super cool!

Posted (edited)

I always wanted a Glaug, and now I have one!  Too bad the legs are so loose that I have to stretch out the arms to balance it on its own feet.  Or, I can pose it like it's on a work break lol.  Damn you Matchbox/HG!

glaug.jpg

glaug 2.jpg

Edited by myk

15 hours ago, sh9000 said:

3B3052C7-B008-44D6-AD59-5BB406195E9F.thumb.jpeg.9779c8dcad22122e94724b9c03c79faa.jpeg

MEP Toys Breetai x2.

Cool!!! I hope mine includes the little ship!!! Been looking forward to this for a long time! 

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Cool!!! I hope mine includes the little ship!!! Been looking forward to this for a long time! 

The guy is sending me 1 spare ship because a little piece on the bottom is broken and missing on one of mine.  If you want it let me know.

Got cell shaded Spidey. Love the concept and overall, it’s a good looking figure. 

EA669688-971E-4F79-AE9E-0BEEF1AE41AD.thumb.jpeg.2e7fb0cae088d63f35170e207eab83db.jpeg

But the magnets don’t hold for crap. I had to use the door handle to keep it from sliding down and the magnet in the hand is so loose it just slides right out so it is nearly useless. 

AD311721-4F30-46F4-B6C0-DF8701708FAF.thumb.jpeg.b82724661e4e9026a52798dd8734701f.jpeg

It may be hard to see in the pic but both heads have nearly identical bird turd marks in the same spot. Maybe it was on purpose for the effect but it just looks like bubbling paint defect or bird turd in person. 

5FC9EAC1-BA75-4D42-90FA-16B6B8680966.thumb.jpeg.16ec0198115fb42a6ba482ebbe76cd0a.jpeg

Also hard to tell from the pic but joints are shiny while rest of the figure has a matte and sort of dry jizz looking coat over it. 

1F8832BD-1944-45AB-A948-283455085A60.thumb.jpeg.df8b3d70cc8e9916815dbebe938a7a37.jpeg

I also got this guy and it makes a Happy Meal Toy seem like premium collector’s quality but at least it looks the part...other than it has an opposite shiny wet appearance. 

So yeah, I like the look but this figure doesn’t feel as good as the regular Spidey release and it gives me that typical Mafex ick as a product.

With a heads up from @borgified (Stealth) and I can't remember who gave me the heads up on the 51 (sorry:sorry:) I got my hands on these two rare birds that I wanted very much. Thanks guys!!!

SV-51CF and Stealth.jpg

52 minutes ago, sqidd said:

With a heads up from @borgified (Stealth) and I can't remember who gave me the heads up on the 51 (sorry:sorry:) I got my hands on these two rare birds that I wanted very much. Thanks guys!!!

SV-51CF and Stealth.jpg

Nice pickups!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

SV-51CF and Stealth.jpg

Nice!!! B))

Is that the SV-51A from Mandarake? 

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

SV-51CF and Stealth.jpg

Very nice! I was very close to pulling the trigger on that stealth myself when it popped up, but glad to see it's found a good home. :good:

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nice!!! B))

Is that the SV-51A from Mandarake? 

It is.:good:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Very nice! I was very close to pulling the trigger on that stealth myself when it popped up, but glad to see it's found a good home. :good:

It's in good hands.:D

14 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It is.:good:

I was your Enabler for that one. :lol: 

59 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's in good hands.:D

LOOOL! :lol:. Love it.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

I was your Enabler for that one. :lol: 

You dirty rat!!!!:rofl:

Thanks again. That heads up was much appreciated.

I found a set of S&S parts on feeBay for the Stealth Strike Parts. The guy had a bid on it already. I messaged him asking if he had a BIN and to name his price. He said because there was a bit he wanted to let it run out. I'll bet I get it for less than he could have gotten out of me.;)

Speaking of fleabay, I WOULD be posting about my new figure here, but the god d@%# f#*%^@&... excuse me... postal carrier - whom we've seen first hand be utterly lazy in delivering mail - decided he didn't need to deliver my package with all that furren' language on it.  Which btw got all the way to his GD truck without flagging or issue, and got all the way through customs without issue.  And then it was marked return to sender after he finished his shift.  And this morning it was marked "disposed of by postal service" whereupon I promptly risked being late for work this morning to ask wtf was going on and if they had my package back in the bin.  But no, they had already disposed of it apparently.  WTF HAPPENED TO THE POST OFFICE KEEPING PACKAGES AND MAKING SURE THEY GET DELIVERED NO MATTER WHAT?!  HOW DO THEY NOT KEEP PACKAGES IN CASE THE OWNER COMES LOOKING FOR IT?!  No, they toss in in the garbage IMMEDIATELY?!!!

And I basically got a shrug at the post office.  "Sorry, it probably didn't have a clear address."  Followed by a lecture on proper address labeling.  Go F yrself.  I've gotten other packages from the same seller without issue from other carriers, and it is well packaged and labeled.  I think he kept it.

:angry::fool: These emoticons are woefully inadequate to express my anger and frustration, but that's probably a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Speaking of fleabay, I WOULD be posting about my new figure here, but the god d@%# f#*%^@&... excuse me... postal carrier - whom we've seen first hand be utterly lazy in delivering mail - decided he didn't need to deliver my package with all that furren' language on it.  Which btw got all the way to his GD truck without flagging or issue, and got all the way through customs without issue.  And then it was marked return to sender after he finished his shift.  And this morning it was marked "disposed of by postal service" whereupon I promptly risked being late for work this morning to ask wtf was going on and if they had my package back in the bin.  But no, they had already disposed of it apparently.  WTF HAPPENED TO THE POST OFFICE KEEPING PACKAGES AND MAKING SURE THEY GET DELIVERED NO MATTER WHAT?!  HOW DO THEY NOT KEEP PACKAGES IN CASE THE OWNER COMES LOOKING FOR IT?!  No, they toss in in the garbage IMMEDIATELY?!!!

And I basically got a shrug at the post office.  "Sorry, it probably didn't have a clear address."  Followed by a lecture on proper address labeling.  Go F yrself.  I've gotten other packages from the same seller without issue from other carriers, and it is well packaged and labeled.  I think he kept it.

:angry::fool: These emoticons are woefully inadequate to express my anger and frustration, but that's probably a good thing.

The PO is the WORST!

I have had them lie straight to my face on multiple occasions.

"We tried to deliver it, no one was there"

"Well, let's check the video. Please point out when a Postal worker stepped on the porch. I'll wait".

14 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Wow, makes me appreciate my local post office (which is 1 star on google, because it's not a retail location).

Went in because they scanned my package as delivery attempted, but I never got a door tag.

Talked with them a bit, told them the rough size of the box, turns out the label had fallen off entirely and it was sitting in a bin unmarked. Managed to pick it up anyway, as the worker wasn't busy and was willing to help me out.

Definitely grateful, as that was a $200 model kit off of Mandarake.

I actually love the USPS over all other options, and have great respect for the grueling work they do (at least the ones that have to walk to each house front door like they do in my hood).  And thus, I have no problem with occasional issues that require me to pick it up at the post office.  BUT WHY DIDN'T THEY KEEP IT FOR AT LEAST A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE CARELESSLY TOSSING IT?!  You have to know someone is expecting that package and WILL come looking for it.  I still think he kept it.  I'm going back there for one more try tomorrow, and then I'm going to ask to speak with a manager and/or how to report this guy.  He is constantly mis-delivering mail, throwing it where ever on my porch to blow away, dropping packages, etc..  He simply has no respect for the position and importance of a postal carrier.  Probably because they are desperate to hire people for too little money, so I don't completely blame him, but still... grrr.