Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

A grail purchased from @Corrinald

Looking around for a reasonable price for this version of GBP ain't easy. 

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 35th Anniversary edition toy! I’m very excited to sticker it up, although my wife and kids prefer the base paint scheme. Very excited and surprised!

Twich

35 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

98901830-9CB9-44DD-B6AD-BBE1334D9F4C.thumb.jpeg.20f35bddc1d2b1d526ddf9fdb3a2a445.jpeg

1/18 Back to the Future Time Machine.

Oh damn you! That looks sexy. I have a very small car collection. This may have to be added. Who makes that?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Oh damn you! That looks sexy. I have a very small car collection. This may have to be added. Who makes that?

I believe that is the Autoart DeLorean?

Edit: I mistaken it for the Hot Toys version.

My Boxing Day Haul for today for those who are in Canada that has this madness.

DSC01700.jpg

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

18 minutes ago, borgified said:

I believe that is the Autoart DeLorean?

Edit: I mistaken it for the Hot Toys version.

My Boxing Day Haul for today for those who are in Canada that has this madness.

Hot Toys is 1/6, I think it's either the SunStar or Hot Wheels Elite.

First Hobby Master MiG-29. 

B6AE062C-EED5-4336-A6A6-32528714F60D.jpeg

The newest member to the Squadron, I've been wanting this Valk for a long time & it was worth the wait. B))

IMG_9258.JPG

IMG_9262.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

23 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

The newest member to the Squadron, I've been wanting this Valk for a long time & it was worth the wait. B))

IMG_9258.JPG

IMG_9262.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

Very cool!

I stumbled on my old Matchbox/HG VF1 in my storage unit and felt compelled to bring it home.  I just bought a booster unit, GU11, racks and missiles for it; although I'm having a friend of mine 3D print extra tips for the missiles since I'm missing a few.  I don't have a correct pilot because I refuse to pay what those Matchbox figures go for (especially a Roy Fokker one), so one of my WWII pilots is filling in for now lol.  Maybe I'm going nuts in my old age, but thirty four years later I'm suddenly enjoying this fugly thing lol...

vf1.jpg

vf1a.jpg

vf1b.jpg

I wonder if the Toynami Action figures could be modified to work in that thing.... I may have to try that out.

I'm so out of touch with the toy world that I didn't even know that Toynami had their own figures.  I'll look into that.

Edit: looks like there are some new figures in the near future but they measure in at 4.25"; don't know if that would fit into the cockpit, as the WWII pilot in there now barely measures up to 4" and even he's a tight fit.  I see some older Toynami figures going for pretty high prices to me.  By now I would've figured all of the Robotech toys would be sold for mere pennies, but I guess I'm not the only one on a nostalgia trip...

Edited by myk

Better than any scene from those damn sequels.

3C5D28FE-7FE9-4A8D-894A-0A50D29C6540.thumb.jpeg.1ea72e817b4123e780aff96b449845e8.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

3C5D28FE-7FE9-4A8D-894A-0A50D29C6540.thumb.jpeg.1ea72e817b4123e780aff96b449845e8.jpeg

Great pic of what could have been! 

17 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I didn't know an old, disheveled Chuck Norris knew Han. He would have saved the galaxy single handedly. Jedi/Sith be damned.

I've given up on figures having accurate face sculpts.  That Solo figure is pretty good, though...

I got Heavy Arms built but the waterslide decals are absolute crap.  They will not stay on.  All of them are curling and peeling off.

32C3C6CA-E456-4A03-A869-792027357E23.thumb.jpeg.c71559d009d00aaba932372398906dcc.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I got Heavy Arms built but the waterslide decals are absolute crap.  They will not stay on.  All of them are curling and peeling off.

32C3C6CA-E456-4A03-A869-792027357E23.thumb.jpeg.c71559d009d00aaba932372398906dcc.jpeg

Are you using any decal setter? 

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_9258.JPG

IMG_9262.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

Are you going to try and find a matching set of SSP or leave it blank?

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

This doesn't look right... Old Man Han is still fit while Luke added some pounds after the death of Leia?  :huh: 

4 hours ago, myk said:

I stumbled on my old Matchbox/HG VF1 in my storage unit and felt compelled to bring it home.  I just bought a booster unit, GU11, racks and missiles for it; although I'm having a friend of mine 3D print extra tips for the missiles since I'm missing a few.  I don't have a correct pilot because I refuse to pay what those Matchbox figures go for (especially a Roy Fokker one), so one of my WWII pilots is filling in for now lol.  Maybe I'm going nuts in my old age, but thirty four years later I'm suddenly enjoying this fugly thing lol...

vf1.jpg

vf1a.jpg

vf1b.jpg

Christ, that thing is gnarly, lol!

Even at 10 years old, I knew that thing was all kinds of strange.  The 1J head with the 1S lasers, the swing bar from the chunkies (but the inability to fully transform, wtf?!), the incorrectly mounted gunpod, the super pack with missing arm and leg armor, the funky missiles and the weird proportions overall, hahahahahaha!

I'm not going to lie, I threw some money at some Robotech toys back then, but I knew this thing was not something I wanted because it was just so off, lol!

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_9262.JPG

Now I want one. :(

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Now I want one. :(

There's one for grabs on Evilbay for a super inflated price of $740 USD and $149 USD US Express shipping... =@

I thought that you wanted a Low Vis 1a originally??

11 minutes ago, peter said:

Christ, that thing is gnarly, lol!

Even at 10 years old, I knew that thing was all kinds of strange.  The 1J head with the 1S lasers, the swing bar from the chunkies (but the inability to fully transform, wtf?!), the incorrectly mounted gunpod, the super pack with missing arm and leg armor, the funky missiles and the weird proportions overall, hahahahahaha!

I'm not going to lie, I threw some money at some Robotech toys back then, but I knew this thing was not something I wanted because it was just so off, lol!

Yeah it's a mess of a design but for some reason its finally caught my attention.  I had heard that originally the Matchbox VF1 and the hovertank were supposed to have full transformation but it just didnt make it to the final design.  That plane cost $65 new when I bought it back in the day; a lot of money today (IMO), but a fortune back then...

@borgified  I actually have a spare set of Fast Packs I can use for now, down the road when my Piggy-Bank is full again I might try & track down a set of official Stealth Armor. B))

@Lolicon  I highly encourage you to find one, It's officially a must have!! The Macross Zero type pilot is so cool. :)B))

5 minutes ago, myk said:

Yeah it's a mess of a design but for some reason its finally caught my attention.  I had heard that originally the Matchbox VF1 and the hovertank were supposed to have full transformation but it just didnt make it to the final design.  That plane cost $65 new when I bought it back in the day; a lot of money today (IMO), but a fortune back then...

Yeah, it looks like it was supposed to transform.  They went as far as cloning the chunky's leg swing bars.  I saw a few customs floating around out there, not sure if anyone ever completed one that was 3 mode capable.,

Childhood memories right?  I think I have two or three Inbit, maybe a Regult.

20 minutes ago, peter said:

Yeah, it looks like it was supposed to transform.  They went as far as cloning the chunky's leg swing bars.  I saw a few customs floating around out there, not sure if anyone ever completed one that was 3 mode capable.,

Childhood memories right?  I think I have two or three Inbit, maybe a Regult.

Ha ha, great (or demented) minds often think alike...

hg crew.jpg

Edited by myk

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

@borgified  I actually have a spare set of Fast Packs I can use for now, down the road when my Piggy-Bank is full again I might try & track down a set of official Stealth Armor. B))

@Lolicon  I highly encourage you to find one, It's officially a must have!! The Macross Zero type pilot is so cool. :)B))

If a reasonably priced one shows up on Mandarake I may just bite. 

On 12/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, sqidd said:

Sun Star.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Are you using any decal setter? 

Don't know what that is.  I've never had to use it on any other waterslide decal I've applied before.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

This doesn't look right... Old Man Han is still fit while Luke added some pounds after the death of Leia?  :huh: 

Leia's not dead.