Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

47 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hmm.. Once the DX YF-21 gets made and the pre-orders go on-line, are you going to snag a copy (or two) @Pontus?     

Funny story about that... I offered to buy this not knowing about the DX, and directly after found the DX YF-21 thread that I hadn't seen before.  I do own a DX YF-19, and it is quite a nice piece, but seems over complicated and fragile.  I watched jenius' vids and others which sung a lot of praises despite the utter failure of the 1/72 (which I have).  Yeah it doesn't have the tampo of the DX or the sharp, crisp lines, but... I kinda like that.  It's more like a toy from the show instead of trying to be a military replica.  And I'm impatient.  I've also seen Bandai show off things and never make them.

Now that I have it, I'm happy I did.  I love this thing!  It lives up to Jenius' reviews.  The stand is a necessity because it's difficult to pose without it, but this one is really nice.

Anyway, to answer your question... probably not.  I'm not the type for multiples, and I kinda like having one really good example of each manufacturer.  This'll do... unless I feel rich and Bandai ticks all the boxes... maybe.

Oh, and I think I see an easy way to adapt the DX fold drive.  ;)

Edited by Pontus

36 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Funny story about that... I offered to buy this not knowing about the DX, and directly after found the DX YF-21 thread that I hadn't seen before.  I do own a DX YF-19, and it is quite a nice piece, but seems over complicated and fragile.  I watched jenius' vids and others which sung a lot of praises despite the utter failure of the 1/72 (which I have).  Yeah it doesn't have the tampo of the DX or the sharp, crisp lines, but... I kinda like that.  It's more like a toy from the show instead of trying to be a military replica.  And I'm impatient.  I've also seen Bandai show off things and never make them.

Now that I have it, I'm happy I did.  I love this thing!  It lives up to Jenius' reviews.  The stand is a necessity because it's difficult to pose without it, but this one is really nice.

Anyway, to answer your question... probably not.  I'm not the type for multiples, and I kinda like having one really good example of each manufacturer.  This'll do... unless I feel rich and Bandai ticks all the boxes... maybe.

Oh, and I think I see an easy way to adapt the DX fold drive.  ;)

IMO the Yamato is the best example in Fighter mode. And there is something cool about having the original. If you decide to get the Bandai because it looks good in Gerwalk or Battroid (that's what I think anyway) it's a win for you. You could have one Yamato and one Bandai to cover the best of both worlds.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

It’s a 3.75” figure and much better than nothing at all.

Sorry, I meant no offense, just made an observation that I figured was due to the angle and lighting... and they aren't always allowed to get the face right are they?  I remember that being the reasoning as a kid. 

I've always loved that car!  69/70 was my favorite.  Always wanted one, but I got a 69 Ford van instead.  Priorities!

IMG_20190622_142419133.thumb.jpg.38fd52911a2b92fde639d74ce22a5b66.jpg

On 12/13/2019 at 1:09 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

I've only ever seen the two Pris versions, did they make them for any of the others, or just her?

Just her, but the original four moto-slaves were identical, just color-coded for each of the four girls... so I'm painting one for each of the Atelier Sai hardsuit figures to ride.

powered armor.jpg

4 hours ago, Pontus said:

Sorry, I meant no offense, just made an observation that I figured was due to the angle and lighting... and they aren't always allowed to get the face right are they?  I remember that being the reasoning as a kid. 

I've always loved that car!  69/70 was my favorite.  Always wanted one, but I got a 69 Ford van instead.  Priorities!

No problem @Pontus.

16 hours ago, Foblander said:

My Eva-02 MB arrived as well and this figure is phenomenal. I want to pick up Eva-01 but I am just not a big fan of that head sculpt :( Looking forward to Unit-00 though. Harder to mess up Unit-00's head I hope. 

I picked up Eva-01 only cause I cant have a Unit 2 w/o a Unit 1. Im also not a fan of the head sculpt. From the side it looks fine but from the front it just looks weird to me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snagged the last two Berkserk Figmas I was missing... One at a good price and one at a heavy mark up.

New Purchase 12/07/2019 New Purchase 12/12/2019

On 12/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Foblander said:

My Eva-02 MB arrived as well and this figure is phenomenal. I want to pick up Eva-01 but I am just not a big fan of that head sculpt :( Looking forward to Unit-00 though. Harder to mess up Unit-00's head I hope. 

What's wrong with the head sculpt? Eva 01 was always the worst looking of the main cast Evas. :lol:

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That is the RX-93. It's a special set that includes an action base and the missile effects.

No, that's the upgrade effects parts for the other half of the fin funnel.  It's not the entire RX-93.

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

No, that's the upgrade effects parts for the other half of the fin funnel.  It's not the entire RX-93.

It's the complete kit plus effects parts. 

There's a different fin funnel set for those who want double fine funnel or whatever. 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

ACC3B894-F08D-477A-89EB-796287AFD123.jpeg.11124b6882acf41ac0f86e3419f3c609.jpeg

Ordered this toy for my kid.

I just got one too lol.  My daughter loves it.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Yes, the reissue shipped earlier this month.  ^_^

Looks very cool.  I forget if you mentioned before but do you take your diorama outside?  The lighting is very good.

Edited by sumyumgoy

Woah, Kuma...that's pretty inventive! I just tried it! So the legs are connected correctly and the red and blue are telescoping but in order to do this pose you have to push the envelope of how the hip joints are set up to achieve this position. The front and side plates of the waist armor are the only ones on either ball or swivel joints to be able to move out of the way for dynamic leg poses forwards and sideways. However, since the rear plate is fixed, you can't push the leg in a backwards direction. BUT (and here's the clever inventive part) if you swivel/rotate the internal hip joint a full 180 degrees it causes the connection point to become lower (i.e. poking out of the waist armor as seen in the pic) thus allowing a much greater range of motion (in this case backwards) so the hips can now be pushed forward and up a bit to achieve this killer heroic pose. Great pic!