Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Can you give us a quickie review of that Swordfish II?

Meh i think it is a good price, i may get it. 

For that price I think its worth it. It couldve use some more diecast IMO but its still very neat. Only minor gripe I have with it is the parts swapping for the rear landing gear. All it needs now is a @ChaoticYeti stand adapter ;);)

SOP Swordfish II

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

For that price I think its worth it. It couldve use some more diecast IMO but its still very neat. Only minor gripe I have with it is the parts swapping for the rear landing gear. All it needs now is a @ChaoticYeti stand adapter ;);)

SOP Swordfish II

thanks @anubis20 Much appreciated it. It does look good this thing. After all this HMR craze, a rear swappable landing gear is no biggie.

I've wanted one of these for ages!

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

SOP Swordfish II

What's the scale size of that Swordfish?

As with my previous NECA purchases, am trying to make my collection a bit more sci-fi oriented and just a smidge less transformers-y. 

Believe it or not, the Stormtrooper was the planned purchase and Springer the impulse one. First Black Series figure I bought...was bloody difficult getting it out of the clamshell. Springer has a lot of character and engineering in him but needs at least 1-2 video reviews to appreciate the joints/clicks that need to be in place.

spring1.thumb.jpg.1474e8b0391c4b4896e487be66072e2b.jpgbaddies.thumb.jpg.8768432aa7040d028f8f8791c8c9d0a4.jpgspring2.thumb.jpg.45dea1decd3d5de2a33f95de175b20a1.jpg

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

thanks @anubis20 Much appreciated it. It does look good this thing. After all this HMR craze, a rear swappable landing gear is no biggie.

I've wanted one of these for ages!

1 hour ago, Vifam7 said:

What's the scale size of that Swordfish?

Just in case you wanted to up-size, good smile company is making a 1/48 scale at significantly higher cost...

5 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Just in case you wanted to up-size, good smile company is making a 1/48 scale at significantly higher cost...

Which is available through Amazon Japan, for only a little over $300 shipped (¥31,385 for me).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

8 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Thanks to your heads up. Can't wait to get mine.

I think a light wash and panel line will do this much good. Maybe some light weathering. The 1/48 GoodSmile version have that from factory, can't wait to receive that too.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

If you missed thisMetal build EVA 01 is available at AJ for $272 shipped to USA.

I paid more than that.:cray:

Just un-boxed another HMR Roy. These little dudes are pretty fun!

Roy 4.jpg

14 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I paid more than that.:cray:

Just un-boxed another HMR Roy. These little dudes are pretty fun!

You win some you lose some. In the long run, I will be happy just to have one on display, it looks to be bad ass with all the accessories and over the top articulation.

Glad you like the HMR Roy, what do you think of the grey compared to other version of Roy? The sickly pale grey sort of put me off, so I am on the fence on if I want to pay a high price for one.

35 minutes ago, kkx said:

You win some you lose some. In the long run, I will be happy just to have one on display, it looks to be bad ass with all the accessories and over the top articulation.

Glad you like the HMR Roy, what do you think of the grey compared to other version of Roy? The sickly pale grey sort of put me off, so I am on the fence on if I want to pay a high price for one.

That EVA is really awesome. You're going to love it. My only "complaint" is the size. There is so much goodness there I want more!

I pre-ordered the Medicom 15" EVA. That should handle the size thing.:D

Ya know. The grey Roy doesn't bother me. I'm kinda weird though. I'm probably not the best yard stick for that sort of thing.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

That EVA is really awesome. You're going to love it. My only "complaint" is the size. There is so much goodness there I want more!

I pre-ordered the Medicom 15" EVA. That should handle the size thing.:D

Ya know. The grey Roy doesn't bother me. I'm kinda weird though. I'm probably not the best yard stick for that sort of thing.

My EVA will ship in two weeks, I have no choice but wait eagerly. Just receive shipping notice for my VF-1A, DHL said Friday delivery, but I think Monday is more realistic.

Will check out the Medicom EVA. :) 

5 hours ago, kkx said:

Will check out the Medicom EVA. :) 

Check this guy out. He cracks me up! He is a huge EVA fan and has all of them. He rates the Medicom number one. You can fast forward to 4:45. I cracked up when he says "15" of pure..........":rofl:

On 10/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, sqidd said:

Jaclpot!.jpg

Damn that Robocop is huge, I like It! B)) 

Do be careful with that Yamato VF-0S, I have 3 of them and only one didn't have a leg break off or cracks in the shoulders. 

18 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Damn that Robocop is huge, I like It! B)) 

Do be careful with that Yamato VF-0S, I have 3 of them and only one didn't have a leg break off or cracks in the shoulders. 

He's a beast at 18" tall! I figure if I'm going t have one Robocop, he may as well be a monster! And after paying what we pay for Valks a $180 18" tall Robocop seems like a bargain.

Yeah, I know going into the Yamato VF-0S's that I was playing with fire. I got them MISB for the price of a Hi Metal R with fast packs (apparently no one wants them). I got three of them. One for each mode. The two that are getting transformed will only be transformed that once. Hopefully I don't break anything. I do have a full machine shop and the ability to 3D print at my disposal though. If I do break one, assuming I can find the time, I can fix it.

49 minutes ago, borgified said:

Just dropped off 12 mins ago via Amiami by SAL.

Another Macross grail acheived for 32k yen and no customs fee to boot!! :yahoo:

DSC01650.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Nice! That's on my list of must haves.