Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Post your thoughts on it, I am considering picking up a couple of them.

Hopefully I'll open them this week. Initial thought without opening is they are very hefty. Heavier than I thought they would be. This will give me a good reason to open PF VE-1!

While randomly browsing about Kawamori one day, I came across the work he did on Thunderbirds. So, I looked for and got this 1/72 kit recently. Usually I rather not build kits with my next to none skill level, but there doesn't seem any great looking Thunderbird Shadow toy alternatives around:

Qz12MiG.jpg

So I did a straight build and applied the provided stickers. Unfortunately, some parts still do need to be painted, but at moment I'll leave it at that as I really am bad at painting fine lines. I really like the sleek and slim shape of this aircraft that's just so Kawamori-esque..

ujKXNS1.jpg

The cool thing about this fantasy design, is that the cockpit is detachable and becomes a bike to chase baddies on the ground. It's sort of cross between the detachable cockpit from the VF-11, with the Batpod from Nolan's Batmobile.

2QOPAkZ.jpg

6 hours ago, MKT said:

While randomly browsing about Kawamori one day, I came across the work he did on Thunderbirds. So, I looked for and got this 1/72 kit recently. Usually I rather not build kits with my next to none skill level, but there doesn't seem any great looking Thunderbird Shadow toy alternatives around:

Qz12MiG.jpg

So I did a straight build and applied the provided stickers. Unfortunately, some parts still do need to be painted, but at moment I'll leave it at that as I really am bad at painting fine lines. I really like the sleek and slim shape of this aircraft that's just so Kawamori-esque..

ujKXNS1.jpg

The cool thing about this fantasy design, is that the cockpit is detachable and becomes a bike to chase baddies on the ground. It's sort of cross between the detachable cockpit from the VF-11, with the Batpod from Nolan's Batmobile.

2QOPAkZ.jpg

Cool!  I want one in 1/100 scale.

Interesting tidbit on Kawamori.

The Thunderbird S reminds me of the Durandal (the forward swept wing with VTOL engines in it ) and the top wing from Hibiki's news plane from M2.

Got my Audi fix

CA5F8E4E-435E-49E2-90C3-8A56E4BA0996.thumb.jpeg.c9eb6dd40fec98c220392469ce318740.jpeg

And this little guy

521CA3E5-CABC-403C-857D-C43A55BED31D.thumb.jpeg.8d356e631af2abc172002f0b9fb61985.jpeg

it’s exactly as I remember it (yeah, not much going on to begin with to change) but one of my favorites and I got a discount since the package was opened. When I find my original, one of them will go to the kids. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Got my Audi fix

CA5F8E4E-435E-49E2-90C3-8A56E4BA0996.thumb.jpeg.c9eb6dd40fec98c220392469ce318740.jpeg

And this little guy

521CA3E5-CABC-403C-857D-C43A55BED31D.thumb.jpeg.8d356e631af2abc172002f0b9fb61985.jpeg

it’s exactly as I remember it (yeah, not much going on to begin with to change) but one of my favorites and I got a discount since the package was opened. When I find my original, one of them will go to the kids. 

Nice cars.

My AFC 1/100 F-14A Vandy 1 and Rafale C came in.  I’ll pick them up later and also check what the next release will be.

636FDD9D-B918-43D4-8049-661C3FBFCAE7.thumb.jpeg.5f5e76527adc67fc395ba0fd6309636d.jpeg

The 1/100 aircraft collection keeps growing.

Edited by sh9000

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Zowwie! Blam! Ca-pow! 

At lease what I can remember from the Generations version.

Came in over an hour ago. Makes me wonder if Arcadia will do a PF rendition. :lol: 

DSC01554 (2).JPG

33 minutes ago, borgified said:

Zowwie! Blam! Ca-pow! 

At lease what I can remember from the Generations version.

Came in over an hour ago. Makes me wonder if Arcadia will do a PF rendition. :lol: 

DSC01554 (2).JPG

haha yep!

If there is a PF stand, it will be around $100 :lol:

Edited by Slave IV

Finally completed Diamond Force!

613533550_VF-17Dsuperpackset.thumb.jpg.7e3318ba05f298eee2081249fa903c04.jpg

And with this purchase, I've finally filled out the entire back catalog of Yamato releases that I've always wanted (I can live without a Cavaliers or VF-X unless I find those at a really good price). ^_^

Ordered a Marvel Legends Classic Loki.  Once Mister Sinister comes in I’ll have 13 villians from this poster.  Hope that more get released.

7E62282B-6138-471D-91A3-3985AF0C2B3A.thumb.jpeg.2aa3e99c00e7b737a2f9b925895de2d3.jpeg

Also ordered a Diamond Select Tron Movie Flynn.  Total for the two figures was $19.53 shipped.  B))

@MKT Cool Kawamori plane, I like it!

@sh9000 I am so tempted to get a few of those 1/100 planes. Cool stuff. I am still laying low from my last purchases, but i'll look into it in the future... maybe...

@Lolicon, Wow, that's really cool. I may have 1/4 of their catalog, if even that. i do have multiples of some of them. You can never have too many brownies... or stormtroopers.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very nice. The Arcadia stand is quite heavy, I was surprised at the heft of the box when it was delivered. 

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. Found the source of the weight after I opened one. 

Macross_Arcadia_Stand.jpg.82303570b0a2f2b43607f5af4a32a587.jpg

those metal weights are a very nice touch!

@Slave IV @sh9000 @vlenhoff Thanks! I never watched any of the new Thunderbirds series, just a few short clips on Youtube. But the clip that sold me on this kit was:

Spoiler

@borgified We'll definitely recognize elements of various Macross valkyries and Kawamori's other aircraft designs in this Thunderbird S. I like how he integrates that car spoiler-like wing at the back, which is probably the only link to the other Thunderbird vehicles ( the Thunderbird 2!) design wise. Just like the ASF-X plane he designed for Ace Combat, his aircrafts somehow has flight believability. Can't really put a finger to this as a casual observer; perhaps it has the right wing to body ratio or proportions, if there is such a thing.

One feature I wish this kit have are articulated landing gears. Instead of conventional aircraft landing gears in its design, this bird apparently has a couple of retractable feet with clawed gears, just like an eagle, and allows it to grip and land on any type of surfaces.

12 minutes ago, MKT said:

@Slave IV @sh9000 @vlenhoff Thanks! I never watched any of the new Thunderbirds series, just a few short clips on Youtube. But the clip that sold me on this kit was:

Hide contents

@borgified We'll definitely recognize elements of various Macross valkyries and Kawamori's other aircraft designs in this Thunderbird S. I like how he integrates that car spoiler-like wing at the back, which is probably the only link to the other Thunderbird vehicles ( the Thunderbird 2!) design wise. Just like the ASF-X plane he designed for Ace Combat, his aircrafts somehow has flight believability. Can't really put a finger to this as a casual observer; perhaps it has the right wing to body ratio or proportions, if there is such a thing.

One feature I wish this kit have are articulated landing gears. Instead of conventional aircraft landing gears in its design, this bird apparently has a couple of retractable feet with clawed gears, just like an eagle, and allows it to grip and land on any type of surfaces.

Cool, I haven't really paid attention to any new Thunderbird media but that looks fun! I have a Diecast Thunderbird 2 and it was one of my favorite toys as a kid. Love all the built in gimmicks.

Damn it @no3Ljm! <_<

You had me do this quickly.

One Arcadia valk stand with the 1/48 Yammie Milia.

DSC01555 (2).JPG

Edit: This is the one I got from Manda not too long ago and I didn't have the time to open the box and give it a good look for now.

Edited by borgified

11 minutes ago, borgified said:

Damn it @no3Ljm! <_<

You had me do this quickly.

One Arcadia valk stand with the 1/48 Yammie Milia.

DSC01555 (2).JPG

Edit: This is the one I got from Manda not too long ago and I didn't have the time to open the box and give it a good look for now.

Sorry for the trouble, @borgified. I had to ask because when people post some pics with the Valkyries on it, it looks deceivingly 'small'. And since I don't have detolf nor the stand, I just got curious. ^_^ 

So, based on your photo, I would assume you can fit 2, atleast 3 max and just play on how to position the arms to fit 3 Valks even if you're using a 1/48 scale one(?).

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So, based on your photo, I would assume you can fit 2, atleast 3 max and just play on how to position the arms to fit 3 Valks even if you're using a 1/48 scale one(?).

Three Arcadia stands will be ideal as you would not want to have it overly stuffed like sardines in a tin can.

I still think Yetistands are ideal for most display options. Especially for detolfs, you can use a combination of the detolf adapter and base stands...or a combination of those and the Arcadia. For the most part, if you are going to display Valks in different modes, 3-4 max per deftolf shelf works. Maybe more if all in Battroid mode and not too dynamically posed or Fighter mode all pointing up.

Few things that came in this week. 

New Purchase 07/08/2019

A friend sold off all his Metal Builds and gave me a pretty good deal on this Exia even though I already have it,  the Exia Repair is my favorite (If you cant tell by the avatar ;)), and I couldnt pass on it. 

New Purchase 07/08/2019

Wife got me this Goji out of the blue.. It is MUCH better than the 2014 version. Glad I sold that one off

New Purchase 07/08/2019 Monsterarts Godzilla 2019

And I got that plain MB Strike Gundam from the MB Infinity event... 

New Purchase 07/09/2019

Edited by anubis20