Jump to content
Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Recommended Posts

Treating Max as a consolation prize?^_^

Haha, yeah they are big but I still love them. I actually handle them the most because the transformation goes the smoothest and no partsforming at all. HMR are great for the display and I have so many in different modes, I rarely need to transform any and I don’t like digging through boxes to find parts just to transform my toys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a Walmart Marvel Legends Power and Glory Captain America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly thought these turned into Vapor-ware when the release date kept getting pushed further and further back.

Now I need to locate the VF-1D variant.

 

Optimized-20190611_173405.jpg.354c0fe958a2224af2f13add4e83d30b.jpg

 

Optimized-20190611_173421.jpg.897216e7dd5bee1ea20dc2584faa38ee.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rainbow canopy.

tumblr_oew9w9I5BG1u8wq6do1_500.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m all about waiting for clearance but sometimes the easy way is....easy. 

395137B7-879B-4DED-80AF-C95E73BDE219.thumb.jpeg.85b6ac01c14d583c7421738f07a64dd6.jpeg

Glad I waited on any version of Capt Marvel too and actually ended up with the one I wanted most but didn’t think I’d ever get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keq said:

Just arrived a low visibility vf 

9H8Tu57.jpg

QscUP2n.jpg

8nqjMnu.jpg

 

Sweet low viz scheme, rainbow canopy, white landing gear, non-stumpy weapon pylons... fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Keq -  You're rolling in high on one Yammie 1/60 Low Vis variant and good score! So are the Yammie 1/48 Low Vis next on your list? ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks don't have the room ATM will have to look for HMR and the 1/72 kits from now on so I might just paint one in low vis :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Treating Max as a consolation prize?^_^

Haha, yeah they are big but I still love them. I actually handle them the most because the transformation goes the smoothest and no partsforming at all. HMR are great for the display and I have so many in different modes, I rarely need to transform any and I don’t like digging through boxes to find parts just to transform my toys. 

Yup, next best thing I could buy. I know they're all good pilots but my preference is in this order: Roy > Max > Hikaru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I honestly thought these turned into Vapor-ware when the release date kept getting pushed further and further back.

Now I need to locate the VF-1D variant.

 

Optimized-20190611_173405.jpg.354c0fe958a2224af2f13add4e83d30b.jpg

 

Optimized-20190611_173421.jpg.897216e7dd5bee1ea20dc2584faa38ee.jpg

I cancelled my pre-orders literally years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hachi said:

Yup, next best thing I could buy. I know they're all good pilots but my preference is in this order: Roy > Max > Hikaru

That’s definitely my preference for Valk desirability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish i could recast it and have a bunch to play with...

Surprised i actually won it off ebay.

20190612_111149.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy a bunch of the HMR VF-4 and have fun playing with them.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have went a little overboard, lol. But between purchases and trades, it's been a great month so far!

20190608_212308.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

You can buy a bunch of the HMR VF-4 and have fun playing with them.  ;)

But if i can cast some then i will not feel bad modding them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

I might have went a little overboard, lol. But between purchases and trades, it's been a great month so far!

20190608_212308.jpg

Great month you got going on @nathans82!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Great month you got going on @nathans82!

Thank you so much! Need me some more Robots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nathans82 said:

I might have went a little overboard, lol. But between purchases and trades, it's been a great month so far!

20190608_212308.jpg

whoa, amazing haul there!  It's going to be fun opening all those =) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvel Legends Comic Loki and Endgame War Machine plus Figuarts War Machine Mk 4.

B4078749-C3A8-416E-B249-6D275BDB7AEC.thumb.jpeg.291d5c34ae264b5e9b569dfe07d3be41.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Marvel Legends Comic Loki and Endgame War Machine plus Figuarts War Machine Mk 4.

B4078749-C3A8-416E-B249-6D275BDB7AEC.thumb.jpeg.291d5c34ae264b5e9b569dfe07d3be41.jpeg

Sweet! MkV War Machine looks almost like an SD figure there. So glad I broke down and ordered the SHF MkIV. Looks great there. And about time we got a classic Loki. Now I NEED MANGOG!!!

And after looking some more, Loki could use sculpted scales. Maybe in another 10 years, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 10:17 AM, Penguin sushi said:

Wish i could recast it and have a bunch to play with...

Surprised i actually won it off ebay.

20190612_111149.jpg

Fully variable? Sounds like a sweet kit. What scale is it?

 

15 hours ago, nathans82 said:

I might have went a little overboard, lol. But between purchases and trades, it's been a great month so far!

20190608_212308.jpg

That's one hell of a month you've had there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Fully variable? Sounds like a sweet kit. What scale is it?

1/100 fully transformable.

It is a recast off of the s.h.e. kit that was put out a while ago.

Edited by Penguin sushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Sweet! MkV War Machine looks almost like an SD figure there. So glad I broke down and ordered the SHF MkIV. Looks great there. And about time we got a classic Loki. Now I NEED MANGOG!!!

And after looking some more, Loki could use sculpted scales. Maybe in another 10 years, lol.

Yeah, the proportions on the Legends War Machine here are really... weird.  It's okay but a bit cartoony.  I'm hoping Figuarts makes a proper version in the correct colors.  The MK IV WM is probably the second best looking one after the original IM2 version.  It's a good figure except it has weird leg movement.  The butt is literally a flat plate and makes posing a tad odd.

To be honest Loki never had protruding scales in the comics so the look is accurate.  The scales are painted really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, Slave IV said:

I’m all about waiting for clearance but sometimes the easy way is....easy. 

395137B7-879B-4DED-80AF-C95E73BDE219.thumb.jpeg.85b6ac01c14d583c7421738f07a64dd6.jpeg

Glad I waited on any version of Capt Marvel too and actually ended up with the one I wanted most but didn’t think I’d ever get.

I'm bummed I couldn't get singles for Beta Ray Bill and Rescue from DorksideToys.  I'll have to wait for... whenever, for BBTS to get around to shipping.  They STILL haven't shipped Professor X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mommar said:

Yeah, the proportions on the Legends War Machine here are really... weird.  It's okay but a bit cartoony.  I'm hoping Figuarts makes a proper version in the correct colors.  The MK IV WM is probably the second best looking one after the original IM2 version.  It's a good figure except it has weird leg movement.  The butt is literally a flat plate and makes posing a tad odd.

To be honest Loki never had protruding scales in the comics so the look is accurate.  The scales are painted really well.

Good point about Loki. Thanks for the info about WM, it's my favorite MCU WM design. I don't mind the leg articulation much, only really care about making a straight flight pose like when he strafed the Chitari in the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm bummed I couldn't get singles for Beta Ray Bill and Rescue from DorksideToys.  I'll have to wait for... whenever, for BBTS to get around to shipping.  They STILL haven't shipped Professor X.

I wouldn't worry about those too much. This wave just came out and they will be around for a long time. I was lucky to finally get Prof X from Amazon and they shipped it quick too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I wouldn't worry about those too much. This wave just came out and they will be around for a long time. I was lucky to finally get Prof X from Amazon and they shipped it quick too.

I would like my Professor X though.  I've had a second headless Kingpin waiting for his Shadow King head since January.  And Prof has already come and gone at Target stores too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I would like my Professor X though.  I've had a second headless Kingpin waiting for his Shadow King head since January.  And Prof has already come and gone at Target stores too.

I've been slowly building the Kingpin wave. Would like two for Shadow King as well but I went with the take my time and grab them on clearance strategy for that wave. Actually just scored a Night Thrasher for $15 shipped so I'm getting there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

027A76BF-53BB-4072-97DC-7A51080244B7.jpeg.931638941fdf379a01cc4eadc1d6d4d1.jpeg

He’s available for $39.99 right now and in stock on 6/29.

Edited by sh9000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...