Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

Where did you manage to find it for $110???

A bunch got put up on Yahoo Auctions and surprisingly no one threw a bid besides me on the one I won :lol:

51 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

A bunch got put up on Yahoo Auctions and surprisingly no one threw a bid besides me on the one I won :lol:

Damn, do you realize just how lucky you got?

Does it qualify as a toy purchase, if I made it my own damn self?

1467861886_SateleDoubleHold.JPG.6fb6e9e0136ccbfa60eb05d0d209a83b.JPG

Ordered 2 more Marvel Legends Professor X’s from Amazon and used my rewards to get them cheap.

10 hours ago, Mog said:

Does it qualify as a toy purchase, if I made it my own damn self?

1467861886_SateleDoubleHold.JPG.6fb6e9e0136ccbfa60eb05d0d209a83b.JPG

Satele! It qualifies as more. Is it a model? Big Old Republic fan.

Edited by Alphahorizon

^^Not a model.  Just a customized 3.75"-scale action figure.

Got the customizing itch again while I'm waiting for some summer release items.

I posted more pics and a parts write-up on the Rebelscum Forums:  Linky

It's tough being an Old Republic fan, when Hasbro hasn't supported it as much as other Star Wars sub-lines.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Ordered 2 more Marvel Legends Professor X’s from Amazon and used my rewards to get them cheap.

Damn, they had it for msrp again? I’ve been checking constantly for it to go back up. It was available the other day but it kept going out of stock when I added to cart. Oh well. 

Late to the party, received the HMR VF-4.

20190503_173846.jpg

20190503_204100.jpg

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Damn, they had it for msrp again? I’ve been checking constantly for it to go back up. It was available the other day but it kept going out of stock when I added to cart. Oh well. 

I can’t find it for MSRP on Amazon either.  All sold out immediately in town, no news on shipping from BBTS for over six weeks and a ton of marked up ones across the internet.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I can’t find it for MSRP on Amazon either.  All sold out immediately in town, no news on shipping from BBTS for over six weeks and a ton of marked up ones across the internet.

I saw it once but didn’t want to pay the slightly marked up price. I’m still not worried about it. All the riders have been easy to get at a discount at some point. 

YAY! My 1/60 v2 DYRL VF-1A Hikaru with Super/Strike parts arrived.  Now I have 2 of these VF-1A Hikaru toys, one that comes with the Super/Strike parts and one that doesn't. 

Heh, kind of parallels how I also have 2 of the VF-1J Hikaru toys, again one that comes with Super parts and one without. 

If I were smart, I should probably sell off the duplicates that don't come with the Super parts... if I were smart. *sigh*

Anyways, quick question...

I am planning on visiting family in Korea and Japan for a few weeks this summer and introduce them to my fiance.

I figure I will also do some valkyrie shopping while I am in Japan. 

Since I just started collecting Macross toys a little over a year ago, this will be the first time I have to deal with declaring stuff with Customs upon re-entry into the U.S.  

Anyone know what the limitations are, and other US Customs-related details when it comes to bringing in valkyries in my luggage?  Thanks!

I brought back a 2002 Chunky VF-1A brownie that I picked up from the Mandarake Complex on my last trip.  TSA didn't open my luggage and Customs didn't ask to open/see anything.  The only time I had any issues was when I tried to bring in Jerky that I purchased from 7-Eleven/Lawson/Family Mart.  They took it all away because it wasn't cooked, just dried.  Because Mad Cow they said.  My main concern was box crushing during the plane ride.  You don't know how many suitcases will end up on top of yours during the plane ride.  You can always consider mailing it back to yourself as a last resort.  I'm sure that the others will have more experience with this.

Just for reference.  My friend did bring back like 23 or so bottles of alcohol (mostly whiskey) back from Japan.  I think he paid less than $100 (might have been $35) in import duties.

Edited by DewPoint

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah I saw one at the Gamestop near me yesterday and I decided to check Amazon for their price.  He was available so I ordered two.  He’s still available to order in a set with Deadpool at Dorkside and individually at SuperV but with an ETA of August.

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I saw one at the Gamestop near me yesterday and I decided to check Amazon for their price.  He was available so I ordered two.  He’s still available to order in a set with Deadpool at Dorkside and individually at SuperV but with an ETA of August.

Cool, I’ll just keep checking Amazon. It will probably be on discount later too. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Late to the party, received the HMR VF-4.

20190503_173846.jpg

20190503_204100.jpg

Looks great! :)

SpaceShuttle-1024x534.jpg.da66e5d14b9d5dfc1106301a040efe7a.jpg

That's the Boeing 747 Fast Pack right there! :rofl:

Just came in to my local GameStop. I’ve had Blink on PO for months, she looks great, and I’ve always liked Silver Sable. 

183DDD17-C366-4696-B8CE-E0F53E51DC03.jpeg

I finally found Doom:
1008534372_Marvel_InfamousIronMan.thumb.jpg.ca0e5b791afd2dd83d1e33b8b6fa2aab.jpg

2055154465_Marvel_InfamousIronMan2.jpg.9033b891eb6786e335f5f171c9e447f8.jpg
Not bad but mostly makes me wish Sentinel will do a repaint of their Re:Edit Shape Changing Iron Man to make this guy and also make a proper Classic Doom.

Stuff started coming in today, finally.

20190506_134745-e1557173054598.jpg 

Sentinel x Heroes Ultraman 1/6 quick snap:

1-430.png

The Hercules Marvel legends figure is pretty good.

6796C120-CB7B-45B6-957F-B05B01F4616E.thumb.jpeg.efbe40ed6e69f893e964372c1ab8d802.jpeg

These all came in on the same day, after getting stuck at the New York ICS for days, the VF-4, weeks. 

The VF-25G was a spontaneous pickup - it was missing most of the accessories except the sniper rifle and the stand (Gerwalk and Battroid adaptors missing). Manda said there are loose joints, and “fear of joint breakage”, bordering on junk status. Transformed into G without problems so far. Will see if it snaps in half when I attempt Battroid. 

F80E72DC-F581-4FFD-9DE3-28457A9AB207.jpeg

10 hours ago, rdrunner said:

These all came in on the same day, after getting stuck at the New York ICS for days, the VF-4, weeks. 

The VF-25G was a spontaneous pickup - it was missing most of the accessories except the sniper rifle and the stand (Gerwalk and Battroid adaptors missing). Manda said there are loose joints, and “fear of joint breakage”, bordering on junk status. Transformed into G without problems so far. Will see if it snaps in half when I attempt Battroid. 

F80E72DC-F581-4FFD-9DE3-28457A9AB207.jpeg

Ah so you're the one who bought the suspiciously cheap "hope it doesn't break on you" 25G from Mandarake. How is it? 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Ah so you're the one who bought the suspiciously cheap "hope it doesn't break on you" 25G from Mandarake. How is it? 

Yup - I just came across this during my routine search for my "want" list, this being on top (up there with the VF-0D).  Saw the "low" price of 20k yen and I knew it had to be pretty beat up. 

When I got it, the plane was actually in reasonable shape in terms of scratches and paint chips. The left shoulder hinge joint is loose, but that's what I have found so far.  The hip ball joints seem to be holding up ok (I have seen worse). But I haven't transformed it into Battroid yet.

Here is my question - has anyone experienced any joint breakages with any of the DX renewal VF-25 figure?  What joints are prone to failure/stress breakage?  With the loose joints, I was just planning to leave it as is, or just dab a tiny bit of thin cement in the hinge to tighten it.  Thanks.

Got some new coffee mugs from the  Gundam Cafe and vinyl Kiryu figure.

E0F8ECD9-E824-4019-8E40-9D62B0EF5877.thumb.jpeg.884341b211c4a8faad2f37faf2501c97.jpeg

Came home to this tonight... I guess I don't need sleep..

15572898663801006402796.jpg

Wrong thread, sorry. Move along.

Edited by Drad

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

@Lolicon just FYI, I asked Mandarake directly if they could give more details of the suspected broken joints. They replied very quickly. I feel a bit better about testing it in Battroid mode now. 

Indirectly loose overall.
A load is applied when deforming.
So the staff said it was fragile.
The explanation is difficult because it is an individual's feeling beyond that.
It is a figure to display without moving too much.

8 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Came home to this tonight... I guess I don't need sleep..

15572898663801006402796.jpg

Very nice. I have not played SRW for years, but they have English versions now?