Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

On 4/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, Pontus said:

The Megaroad colony ship just found a habitable yet inhospitable planet, and they may have found more than they bargained for after a crew of Zentradi explorers checked out an alien, derelict spaceship on the surface.  Several of them returned with a strange parasite attached to their face.  What could this mean?  :unsure:

After several days, the parasites died, and their Zentradi hosts seemed fine.  Then a few hours later, all hell broke loose in the medical bay.  With the power out and no one responding on the comm, a crew of valkyries were sent in to investigate.

They found some sort of casing as if something had gestated inside and clawed its way out.  There also seemed to be some sort of slime slewn across the room and dripping from the ceiling in places.

IMG_20190417_002533387.thumb.jpg.c655b34eb7a3b1e0ceaeb75d2c519300.jpgIMG_20190417_002728953.thumb.jpg.dd6b5f15c7239d64eb8c27bdcd703596.jpg

IMG_20190417_002648776.thumb.jpg.69ed26da6895cd6ef361232f5d2f8c20.jpg

They finally got the lights back on and...

...found some new creatures relaxing and having fun with their pet!  "Hey guys, could you turn the lights back off?  It's hard on our eyes."

IMG_20190417_005731670.thumb.jpg.3282dfcf3e2f67b0f3f2828130ed696e.jpg

Spoiler

Seriously tho, these NECA Alien toys are freakin awesome! (well, that is until I snapped an arm off of a stiff joint)  From left to right these are the original "big chap"; a concept xenomorph from Aliens before they decided to take off the smooth, translucent dome; and the dog alien from the third movie.  I decided to limit the impact on my wallet by just getting the special alien from each movie (not a fan of AvP tho).  I've got a neomorph from Covenant and the Queen from Aliens on the way.  BBTS had a preorder for the newborn and Ripley (plus another xeno) from Resurection.  I don't want to collect the figures, but clone Ripley was the real "Alien" from that movie cuz she was part alien, and the newborn was kinda lame.  So the only one I'm missing is the "Deacon" engineer alien from the ending of Prometheus, but for some reason he is damn expensive!

Edited by Pontus

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Whoa Aliens vs valkyries...*munches popcorn*

That's nothing.. Try this on for size.

Aliens/6 pack Alien Eggs/Queen vs Predator (AVP)/Marines (Amanda Ripley and Craig Windrix)/TFs (Exhaust and G2 Bee) with 3rd Party (Bezzleboss) Wheeljacks Immobilizer in a diorama.

DSC00393.jpg

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Aliens/6 pack Alien Eggs/Queen vs Predator (AVP)/Marines (Amanda Ripley and Craig Windrix)/TFs (Exhaust and G2 Bee) with 3rd Party (Bezzleboss) Wheeljacks Immobilizer in a diorama.

Make no mistake; @borgified and I have a great deal in common, including our tastes in anime, sci-fi, toys and action figures.  :drinks:

However, we have fundamentally different ideas of what constitutes a "diorama."  :huh:

2060720584_cavaliersdiorama.thumb.jpg.6f6495db655b00b73d941e09526eb94a.jpg

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The perfect gift for your youngsters: a facehugger plushie!

Isn't that a Pokémon?  :p

55 minutes ago, tekering said:

Make no mistake; @borgified and I have a great deal in common, including our tastes in anime, sci-fi, toys and action figures.  :drinks:

However, we have fundamentally different ideas of what constitutes a "diorama."  :huh:

I love the hangar diorama!

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Show off!

Please continue.:D

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Are you using the Wave hangar sets? Or something else? Been looking into some kind of hangar diorama parts but not sure what would work well or even be big enough for 1/60 stuff.

30 minutes ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

Vf-4 is very very small :unknw:

20190417_064000.jpg

A wise man once said:  "Anything more than a handful and you risk a sprained tongue."

2 hours ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

Vf-4 is very very small :unknw:

20190417_064000.jpg

If that's too small for you, @sumyumgoy is selling a big VF-4 bird if you're interested. ;)

On 4/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, tekering said:

Damn, that TRON figure looks like it stepped right outta the movie screen!  What do you estimate the scale to be?

7” scale.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, Podtastic said:

Looks good. Are you getting the Sark as well?

Yeah.  I’m probably going to use my rewards and get it for free.

Just ordered a Bandai DX SV-262Hs from Nippon Yasan during their Easter Sale, good price! Can’t wait to get it!

Twich

Hace 16 horas, no3Ljm dijo:

Si eso es demasiado pequeño para ti, @sumyumgoy está vendiendo un gran pájaro VF-4 si estás interesado.;)

I live in mexico!

Edited by CHAVAKAISER

1 hour ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

I live in mexico!

Maybe you and him can make a deal. That is, if you really wanted a bigger VF-4 Valk.

Anyways, hope it will turn out fine.

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Woot! Next build is here!

New Purchase 04/18/2019

That is a wonderful kit! The build is fun, parts separation is top-notch, and it’s really solid and fun to pose. It doesn’t have any off the issues that Exia has, namely the ankles.

It’s my plan to hold off in the hopes that the new GN frame they made makes it way into a new Exia, in addition to the rest of the Fab Four’s Gundams.

This shows up today.

So good looking in fighter mode. I am drooling all over it.

IMG_20190418_180006.jpg

Well, i must confess, i dont have a DYRL Kakizaki :(

I do have the TV version, so  i guess i get a D- as well.

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, kkx said:

This shows up today.

IMG_20190418_180006.jpg

Wow your pic there makes it look way more appealing than all the professional promo pics from way back when it came out.

Now I wish I had bought one. :unsure:

Hey where's the gunpod?

17 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Well, i must confess, i dont have a DYRL Kakizaki :(

I do have the TV version, so  i guess i get a D- a well.

LOL I was just pulling, uh, I forgot whose leg I was originally pulling. :unknw:

Really, both Kakizakis are hard to find now, even though they were major shelf warmers back in the day.

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Wow your pic there makes it look way more appealing than all the professional promo pics from way back when it came out.

Hey where's the gunpod?

Thanks. They come by occasionally. Do grab one when you can, in person it is so much nicer than all the photo I have seen.

The gun pod was put aside as I was fixing a slightly displaced door flap. Should have taken a photo of that too. It has some matching gold details that make it a bit different from all other gun pods.

Edited by kkx

2 hours ago, kkx said:

This shows up today.

IMG_20190418_180006.jpg

Very nice. Is this the one I saw on mandarake? You beat me too it lol

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hey where's the gunpod?

LOL I was just pulling, uh, I forgot whose leg I was originally pulling. :unknw:

Really, both Kakizakis are hard to find now, even though they were major shelf warmers back in the day.

I’m pretty sure I bought my dyrl  kaki at a bargain basement price when they were shelf warming. Glad I did now. 

Got another 1:48 Stealth VF-1J -- with Super/Strike parts -- so I could display the FAST packs on my Low-Vis VF-1A...

676927820_StealthFASTpacks.thumb.jpg.fb416b7e0e05208c12ded94cf9505779.jpg

I might just have to give this one the "Lolicon" treatment.  B))

On 4/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, Lolicon said:

Are you using the Wave hangar sets? Or something else?

It's mostly WAVE Hangar parts, yes... although it's built around the vintage "Macross Factory" model kit, and also includes some Zoids diorama sections:

1467688455_Zoidswall.thumb.jpg.9838bb94f747f55e11f6421645093369.jpg

...and NOVA "Ubiquitous" panels (for the ceiling).

1158880132_SuperLow-Visinhangar.thumb.jpg.338407be8e47f599dfdde4d0b7b5386f.jpg

1 hour ago, tekering said:

It's mostly WAVE Hangar parts, yes... although it's built around the vintage "Macross Factory" model kit, and also includes some Zoids diorama sections:

I always love seeing your hangar.  I need to assemble my armored factory...just nowhere to put it at the moment.

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very nice. Is this the one I saw on mandarake? You beat me too it lol

Yup, it is. Hope another one will turn up for you soon.

@tekering and @kkx - I have another 1/48 valk on the way (from Manda) and pics of it will be here upon receiving it. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@tekering and @kkx - I have another 1/48 valk on the way (from Manda) and pics of it will be here upon receiving it. 

Mandrake is rapidly becoming my go to spot. So happy as MWer referred them to me. My wallet may not be, but I am.

16 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Mandrake is rapidly becoming my go to spot. So happy as MWer referred them to me. My wallet may not be, but I am.

Mandarake is great, they've gotten so much of my money.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Looking forward to seeing what you get. Manda is running dry, we brought all the 1/48s. :)

55 minutes ago, kkx said:

Looking forward to seeing what you get. Manda is running dry, we brought all the 1/48s. :)

Not quite all though. The valks - 1/48 Angel Bird, Max with Supers and the Kikizaki (with missing parts) is still listed there. The GBP parts and the SSP (regular version) is still listed as well.

I'm sure that someone will nab them eventually.  

Pretty sure I've spent more at Mandarake than any other Japanese shop. It's thanks mostly to them I've been able to fill in pretty much the entire back catalog of Yamato releases, long out of production. I can live without the VF-X and Cavaliers, which are the only ones I'm missing, I think.

I bought these Egg Attack figures because they’re covered in cloth but are done up in proper comic book style colors, unlike Mezco who add weird additional things just because, to see if the argument the Mezco’s would look too plain if done up in proper comic style.  I think there is something to that argument.  The butterfly joints on these things are NUTS.  Impressive articulation.  But for the price both the fabric and stitching are terrible.

B0129F0C-B3F4-4543-8D31-455C9D21AC0A.thumb.jpeg.ed5bbc908139d2041d6a70385fc26a38.jpeg

Got some new loaders.

57265620_2299459516977328_6236654695499169792_o.jpg.a1bcb8c99076354336730d1c94743639.jpg