Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I think "doin' us dirty" is Bandai's new MO going into the future. Making us buy missiles separately for VFs, making us buy the damn Mark 50 over and over just to get a few accessories. I'm surprised Cap's shield and Thanos' double-bladed sword aren't being sold separately as a TWE weapon pack.

Now, now, now, my dear good sir. Don’t give Bandai such bright ideas. :acute:

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

How are you liking the Iron Mens?

I haven’t had time to do much other than check them out and take that quick pic but initial impressions are real good. They feel overall as good as the Re:Edit Armors I have. These are a bit hefier but the articulation is not as refined. A decent trade off especially considering these are old designs compared to the newer Armors Sentinel focused on. Bottom line is these are a great addition to my Iron Man collection. I just hope either One:12, Amazing Yamaguchi or Re:Edit makes pointy face mask and Silver Centurion and I’ll be a happy camper. 

22 hours ago, Mommar said:

Bandai are REALLY milking that effing feature.  And they don't even have the decency to release a single weapons pack.  Just the MK50 again and again and again.

Yup and you dont even get a completely accurate set even after buying all three Mk 50 sets :angry: Where is the shield? Where are those blocks he was punching Thanos with?

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This is really true. Bandai learned this from Hot Toys -- just the Mark 7 over and over again. ;)

@Mommar & @anubis20
By the way, what can you guys say about the Revoltech Gambit?

I think Gambit is good but the face just pops off too easily on my copy. But once posed it looks really good 

Amazing Yamaguchi Gambit Amazing Yamaguchi Gambit
14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think "doin' us dirty" is Bandai's new MO going into the future. Making us buy missiles separately for VFs, making us buy the damn Mark 50 over and over just to get a few accessories. I'm surprised Cap's shield and Thanos' double-bladed sword aren't being sold separately as a TWE weapon pack.

If they included the parts to at least have a vanilla Mk 50 then I would be more ok with it but as it is the one I just got comes with no arms and no feet WTF! They threw in a stand to try and pad the damn box and justify the cost :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

I think Gambit is good but the face just pops off too easily on my copy. But once posed it looks really good 

Ooo, that’s a shame.  I thought it was just mine.  That’s a strike against the figure.

It is damn photogenic, though. 

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Amazing Yamaguchi Gambit Amazing Yamaguchi Gambit

Thanks Anubis! :good:;)

By the way, any chance you have Marvel Legends figures or any Figuarts Iron Man figure that you can put this standing side-by-side? Just want to see how tall it is. Or better yet, if you also have the Revoltech Wolverine, that would be cool to see too. Thanks a bunch! ^_^ 

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Yup and you dont even get a completely accurate set even after buying all three Mk 50 sets :angry: Where is the shield? Where are those blocks he was punching Thanos with?

If they included the parts to at least have a vanilla Mk 50 then I would be more ok with it but as it is the one I just got comes with no arms and no feet WTF! They threw in a stand to try and pad the damn box and justify the cost :rolleyes:

Not to mention the sentries and the feet unibooster. :rolleyes:

Picked up my copy of the Q-rau Max from Manda this afternoon (which was sitting at the post since Wednesday). Interestingly enough, @dafob also picked one up as well, although used condition (a day after I ordered my copy), and his came with a bonus: CMS Max (Zentran suit).  

DSC01456.jpg

Edited by borgified

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

By the way, any chance you have Marvel Legends figures or any Figuarts Iron Man figure that you can put this standing side-by-side? Just want to see how tall it is. Or better yet, if you also have the Revoltech Wolverine, that would be cool to see too. Thanks a bunch! ^_^ 

Gambit is slightly taller than Cyke on the Bucky Cap mold.  Both of which are out of scale with SHF Cap.

8C937396-B016-4F43-9333-C471247BE8C4.thumb.jpeg.3748ad3fee36543633d2c7823ff0046e.jpeg

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I think I’m going to stick with Marvel Legends for 6” scale figures with a bigger universe of MCU and comic book characters that fit in well with each other.

These are comic characters so think of the other lines as different representations by different artists, which is what they are. Also helps that the figures are way better but they also come with a price tag to match. You know you want them. ;)

Either way, I’m glad there are other companies making Marvel and Star Wars figures and I like the Hasbro offerings as well. Especially since they go deep into the rosters. 

Speaking of which, I just picked these up:

3BFC2D5A-0000-4064-AF24-499EFAEBAD26.thumb.jpeg.21ea31f6f02278a7e526dbb7a33d3486.jpeg

I’ve been hoping for some version of the Jump Troopers since they showed up in Star Tours. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

These are comic characters so think of the other lines as different representations by different artists, which is what they are. Also helps that the figures are way better but they also come with a price tag to match. You know you want them. ;)

Either way, I’m glad there are other companies making Marvel and Star Wars figures and I like the Hasbro offerings as well. Especially since they go deep into the rosters. 

Speaking of which, I just picked these up:

3BFC2D5A-0000-4064-AF24-499EFAEBAD26.thumb.jpeg.21ea31f6f02278a7e526dbb7a33d3486.jpeg

I’ve been hoping for some version of the Jump Troopers since they showed up in Star Tours. 

Do they have double or single jointed elbows?

44 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Do they have double or single jointed elbows?

I haven’t opened them yet but my guess is the same single jointed elbows as the other Stormtroopers. 

Scratch that...just opened one and it has double jointed elbows and a surprise piece I’ve never seen before. Stay tuned for pics. 

53 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Gambit is slightly taller than Cyke on the Bucky Cap mold.  Both of which are out of scale with SHF Cap.

8C937396-B016-4F43-9333-C471247BE8C4.thumb.jpeg.3748ad3fee36543633d2c7823ff0046e.jpeg

Thanks Mommar! I appreciate it. :drinks:

I’ll probably stick with Marvel Legends also for my X-Men fix. ^_^ 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I’ll probably stick with Marvel Legends also for my X-Men fix. ^_^ 

Same.  The teams are getting there.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

1779065770_StarWars_BS_Jumptrooper2.thumb.jpg.550eb1a1231cee2fcf5365a4f3bd2671.jpg

1516012634_StarWars_BS_Jumptrooper.thumb.jpg.5faa774184e1fa4773ac92ca44f1dcbb.jpg

OK, I kind of love this thing! I'll probably buy some more if they go on sale.

That looks good but I must resist.  Did you preorder the Black Series Luke Stormtrooper from Target?  I missed it but maybe that’s a way of telling me to stop collecting too many Star Wars figures.

I just received word from my adviser this morning that at the end of this semester, I get to officially go from being a doctoral student (one who has yet to finish all course work and comprehensive exams) to a doctoral candidate (just has dissertation left)! 

YAY!

Sorry for posting something non-toy or even non-Macross related.  I am just so happy that I had to share!  I am sooo going to go celebrate tonight, get drunk from 1 strawberry daiquiri after getting carded, go dancing, and finally cosplay for my fiance!

Doctoral candidacy, here I come!!!!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Same.  The teams are getting there.

That looks good but I must resist.  Did you preorder the Black Series Luke Stormtrooper from Target?  I missed it but maybe that’s a way of telling me to stop collecting too many Star Wars figures.

I didn’t even realize Target had new SW for preorder until it was all sold out. NBD since I don’t really care about Luke and Han faced Troopers and there is always the much better Bandai lots for those. Either way, I’ll probably see them in store and pick them up, lol. 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Sweet, they’re using the old Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper arms.  I’ll pick some up if I see them then.

Yeah, fun figures. 

5 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just received word from my adviser this morning that at the end of this semester, I get to officially go from being a doctoral student (one who has yet to finish all course work and comprehensive exams) to a doctoral candidate (just has dissertation left)! 

YAY!

Sorry for posting something non-toy or even non-Macross.  I just am so happy that I had to share!  I am sooo going to go celebrate tonight, get drunk from 1 strawberry daiquiri after getting carded, go dancing, and finally cosplay for my fiance!

Doctoral candidate, here I come!!!!

Congrats and enjoy tonight!

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Congrats and enjoy tonight!

Thanks!  I definitely will!

On a side note, you do not realize how frustrating it is to shop for good Macross cosplay.  

I WANT to cosplay as Sheryl, but when you are short and flat-chested and get carded all the time because waiters think you are still in high school... *cry*

Well, there are 2 consolations to my figure:

1.) I can cosplay as micronized Klan Klan

2.) My fiance is turned on by my loliness, and LOVES it whenever I get carded.

51 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

On a side note, you do not realize how frustrating it is to shop for good Macross cosplay.  

I WANT to cosplay as Sheryl, but when you are short and flat-chested and get carded all the time because waiters think you are still in high school... *cry*

Love and appreciate what you got!

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

First of all... Congratulations, Shizuka-chan! :drinks:

If Sheryl cosplay doesn't work out, you can aim for Ranka. Still MacrossF so that will work. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

First of all... Congratulations, Shizuka-chan! :drinks:

If Sheryl cosplay doesn't work out, you can aim for Ranka. Still MacrossF so that will work. :rolleyes:

Ugh.... Ranka cosplay  (barf) 

Sheryl is so much cooler!

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ugh.... Ranka cosplay  (barf) 

Sheryl is so much cooler!

True. Sheryl's cooler. I'm just trying to help out a fellow MWForumer for suggestions. :rolleyes:

Anyways, have fun celebrating! :drinks:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Love and appreciate what you got!

Well, I do appreciate that my fiance loves what I got.

Still wish I could fill out a Sheryl costume though. *sigh*

Well, maybe I will get boobs after I get pregnant.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

True. Sheryl's cooler. I'm just trying to help out a fellow MWForumer for suggestions. :rolleyes:

Anyways, have fun celebrating! :drinks:

I appreciate the suggestion!  I just have never been much of a Ranka fan.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Yeah, they will grow and then shrivel to smaller than what you got now afterwards.

13 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

If it makes you feel any better I had a an ex-girlfriend who was super thin/flat chested her whole life until her first pregnancy and from then on she remained thin but became a 34 Double D

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

If it makes you feel any better I had a an ex-girlfriend who was super thin/flat chested her whole life until her first pregnancy and from then on she remained thin but became a 34 Double D

Whut? Implants?