Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

I though I'd heard that that Boba Fett was never properly released at all?  Guess a few pre-production samples may have gotten out.

Speaking of Star Wars, I've been catching up on a few of the Vintage collection vehicles.. will photograph them when I get them together, but I grabbed the Tie Interceptor, a Toys-R-Us Y-Wing, and the standard paint B-Wing.  I actually was going to skip the Y-Wing, but had an amusing mix-up on Amazon, and the seller sent me the Y-Wing instead of the B-Wing.  When I mentioned I was thinking of picking up both anyway, he gave me a nice bulk discount. ^_^ 

Now I just need to pick up pilots for them, and find one of the new standard Tie Fighters.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nope, this is the Walmart retro reissue I just got today. And if you look closer att he picture, there are two missile types there and I just learned that because of child safety laws, the fighter mode missiles were elongated to avoid choking hazards. 

And yeah...after opening this and messing with it, it reminds me of why I quit collecting Transformers in the first place 30 years ago. They are a joke compared with what we got from Macross at the same time.

Yep!

I thought Kawamori had a hand in designing these?  I could be wrong, but I think it's true.  I know he had a hand in other tformers like maybe optimus prime or something.

2 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

I thought Kawamori had a hand in designing these?  I could be wrong, but I think it's true.  I know he had a hand in other tformers like maybe optimus prime or something.

If I recall correctly, he was involved with the Masterpiece version. 

Kawamori was a designer for Takara on Diaclone and contributed to some of the designs including Battle Convoy (Optimus Prime).

That’s a cool G1 Starscream reissue with the Megatron gun mode.  The box looks nice too.  I was thinking about getting it but I have the Takara reissue with unaltered weapons.  I made sure to get all of the Takara and Hasbro G1 reissues released way back with unaltered weapons.  I think this Starscream is nice as well.

D2C2E94D-1CEE-4A11-8500-6FFD40597D7C.thumb.jpeg.c1f5dcfd0c7d2444562fb6430877dd7d.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Kawamori was a designer for Takara on Diaclone and contributed to some of the designs including Battle Convoy (Optimus Prime).

That’s a cool G1 Starscream reissue with the Megatron gun mode.  The box looks nice too.  I was thinking about getting it but I have the Takara reissue with unaltered weapons.  I made sure to get all of the Takara and Hasbro G1 reissues released way back with unaltered weapons.

D2C2E94D-1CEE-4A11-8500-6FFD40597D7C.thumb.jpeg.c1f5dcfd0c7d2444562fb6430877dd7d.jpeg

Thanks for clarifying! Nice collection! I don’t think I’m going to get anymore G1 reissued because again, reminded of why I quit collecting them in the first place. But I might crack for Dinobots, Soundwave and Shockwave. 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks for clarifying! Nice collection! I don’t think I’m going to get anymore G1 reissued because again, reminded of why I quit collecting them in the first place. But I might crack for Dinobots, Soundwave and Shockwave. 

But to be fair here, the latest reissue is really garbage in my opinion.  It doesn't do the original justice at all.  The plastic is cheap and the panel lines nonexistent.  It just continues Hasbro's embarrassing trend of skimping on the production in favor of a bigger bottom line.  The toys they put these days are not even worth collecting as modern day toys - anticipating that they'll become collectible in a few decades.  They're just cheap as hell, and there's no difference here.  Not the same toy at all.

6 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

But to be fair here, the latest reissue is really garbage in my opinion.  It doesn't do the original justice at all.  The plastic is cheap and the panel lines nonexistent.  It just continues Hasbro's embarrassing trend of skimping on the production in favor of a bigger bottom line.  The toys they put these days are not even worth collecting as modern day toys - anticipating that they'll become collectible in a few decades.  They're just cheap as hell, and there's no difference here.  Not the same toy at all.

No argument from me on any of this. I’m going to go return it now.

Lol, I won’t return it but I was thinking of putting it back in the box and displaying it that way right after I took those pics. I impulse buy a few Transformers here and there but other than the recent Takara Topspin and Twintwist, they all pretty much suck. The few Hasbro ones I’ve duped myself into getting are trash. I have TT Trypticon coming and I’m seriously going to try to stop myself from buying any more. Masterpiece and 3P are the only ones I want to collect but even those are boring me and I haven’t bought one since MP Sunstreaker.

The Dinobots and Shockwave were never reissued and I don’t think they can be.  There are high quality unofficial G1 reissues online that include the Dinobots and Shockwave but they aren’t cheap.

I kept TT Trypticon as an oversized G1 Trypticon.

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The Dinobots and Shockwave were never reissued and I don’t think they can be.  There are high quality unofficial G1 reissues online that include the Dinobots and Shockwave but they aren’t cheap.

I kept TT Trypticon as an oversized G1 Trypticon.

That’s what I’m going to use my Trypticon for too. Have to find a place by G1 Omega Supreme and Metroplex to put it. Right now, my Gojulas Zoid is standing in. 

Anyways, I’m not that intent on getting G1 reissues so I’ll be glad if they never come. I’d rather just finish off my GigaPower Dinobot set and I still think MP-13 is the best Soundwave and one of the top three MPs made. 

The trifecta of MP Megs, Screamer and Soundwave are the main ones for the Destron shelf and toss in One Eye in there also. ;)

Just came in while making coffee this morning a hour ago from Amazon Japan .

DSC01039.jpg

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

The trifecta of MP Megs, Screamer and Soundwave are the main ones for the Destron shelf and toss in One Eye in there also. ;)

Just came in while making coffee this morning a hour ago from Amazon Japan .

DSC01039.jpg

Was the package fulfilled by Amazon or the seller shipped it directly? I always wondered how much Amazon's sellers charge for international shipping

37 minutes ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

Was the package fulfilled by Amazon or the seller shipped it directly? I always wondered how much Amazon's sellers charge for international shipping

Got it fulfilled by Amazon Japan. I believe that there are charges for International Shipping is listed on the sellers exact link (as their rate varies form seller to seller) and go for the Global Shipping Option to get to set out to where you are.

IMG_5430.thumb.JPG.e7a20e75663044aa84316582ba00e86e.JPG

Typical Toynami crap but honestly for $12 ea. I cannot complain. Not much "action" to these action figures but they look ok enough to display next to their corresponding Valks. I mean it ain't like there's a lot of options for Macross action figures out there. 

They would look better in front of a Toynami MPC VF-1... 'cause, ya know, comparatively....

2 hours ago, jenius said:

They would look better in front of a Toynami MPC VF-1... 'cause, ya know, comparatively....

Yeah, if I owned one lol. When it comes to Veritech... ahem... Valkyries I do have options!  Lol

Just got my Mezco One:12 Doctor Strange.  Unfortunately his leg is broken.

4CE8B442-D879-4F39-902A-ED4EED46B33C.thumb.jpeg.459f964203ff5603f86cf702e4b283e2.jpeg

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

AB33F445-69E6-4AD1-9189-B57AD28C5BB8.thumb.jpeg.e4f2549a382607d897fc76a73baafe7f.jpeg

Got a 1/18 blue 1971 Datsun 240Z

Now that brings me back... I had a 1977 280Z back in high school.  I'm not that old, it was a classic car then.  Such great, basic cars.  It was a 4 speed lol.

16 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Just got my Mezco One:12 Doctor Strange.  Unfortunately his leg is broken.

4CE8B442-D879-4F39-902A-ED4EED46B33C.thumb.jpeg.459f964203ff5603f86cf702e4b283e2.jpeg

Looks great! What part of the leg is broken? It looks ok there. 

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Looks great! What part of the leg is broken? It looks ok there. 

The bottom of the upper thigh where the knee meets it is split in the back.  If I try to straighten the leg the peg pops right out.  The fabric helps to keep it tight at certain angles but posing is a massive bitch.

Pretty cool idea, that cape is held on by magnets in his chest.

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The bottom of the upper thigh where the knee meets it is split in the back.  If I try to straighten the leg the peg pops right out.  The fabric helps to keep it tight at certain angles but posing is a massive bitch.

Pretty cool idea, that cape is held on by magnets in his chest.

Didn’t know about the magnet part, cool! The cape looks really good with the wires in it. That leg issue sucks though. Are you going to try to get a replacement?

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Didn’t know about the magnet part, cool! The cape looks really good with the wires in it. That leg issue sucks though. Are you going to try to get a replacement?

I’ve never tried to get a replacement from Big Bad Toy Store.  I guess I should ask them about it.  It would be nice to have one I can reliably pose.

The one downside to the cape.  Well... there’s two in mt opinion.  The first isnthat it’s only wir d along the two outside edges and not along the bottom as well.  The other is that the angle the cape is cut at dorsn’t look great in a vanilla stance.  You have to do something action-oriented for it to look good.

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’ve never tried to get a replacement from Big Bad Toy Store.  I guess I should ask them about it.  It would be nice to have one I can reliably pose.

The one downside to the cape.  Well... there’s two in mt opinion.  The first isnthat it’s only wir d along the two outside edges and not along the bottom as well.  The other is that the angle the cape is cut at dorsn’t look great in a vanilla stance.  You have to do something action-oriented for it to look good.

Will see how it goes when I get mine. Neither downsides you mentioned bother me at all as I don’t do vanilla poses unless I have to (like with some ML and most Mattel DC figures) and it makes sense to me to not have a wire in the bottom edge. I guess if you really needed to, you could add a wire to the bottom edge. I would definitely try to get a replacement if it came broken though. 

Got in something I bought via proxy from Rakuten.

20180922_210249.thumb.jpg.e1c01e6704e40bd1f19510522aac7cba.jpg

Dust cover is pretty dinged up, and the corners of the box are a bit damaged, but the contents are all good.

80401AA3-8261-426F-8E13-8F67284D8575.thumb.jpeg.b912aee91feaa7b4112a06bb4b6beff1.jpeg

E9FD8228-10E1-428C-A2E0-C986F090CD7D.thumb.jpeg.572c44dabed29ade5497ba6f3181db2c.jpeg

47A4423D-E4C0-40B3-B89C-5C70F9142A6E.thumb.jpeg.a5bcc244baf12509a10139dc37b355e5.jpeg

4D2D6943-D96D-4135-9F83-E2F6911F75EA.thumb.jpeg.e65900a7415b2726e6e572df2b33e97a.jpeg

031991F3-4427-49F6-BAB9-96900F6C03F3.thumb.jpeg.a2e793faba75eef63a959a3948fb188b.jpeg

54687888-8AEE-4574-9C7E-582E035C9F24.thumb.jpeg.ada9ba63ef0e60c1339f8badaef23878.jpeg

B9E96158-4A2D-4DB6-8E83-2BAF6A9030B3.thumb.jpeg.a429c5cf3c0decb83652072198f94df1.jpeg

B2BF4263-6658-4989-8325-65A0565E0980.thumb.jpeg.237bf99dcb11fed37e0cc9bcc2b3e76b.jpeg

Got a Marvel Legends Pyro, 3 sets of HM VF-1 Super Parts, and a CMs Mylene Jenius.  Also got a 1/18 red Lamborghini Huracan Coupe, Lamborghini Aventador Coupe, LaFerrari, Ferrari California T, and another red Lamborghini Centenario.

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am loving my Macross Plus Isamu's valkyries shelf.

Another option to complete the Isamu shelf,  your missing his YF-29 (that's from Frontier series). If you don't want to get it, then it's understandable.  

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Another option to complete the Isamu shelf,  your missing his YF-29 (that's from Frontier series). If you don't want to get it, then it's understandable.  

Just want to say that Isamu's YF-29, along with Ozma's YF-29 was featured in Macross 30 game only. Just in case she might think that you're referring that it was 'part' of Frontier series. ;) 

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just want to say that Isamu's YF-29, along with Ozma's YF-29 was featured in Macross 30 game only. Just in case she might think that you're referring that it was 'part' of Frontier series. ;) 

Wasn't Isamu's YF-29 part of his Macross Frontier movie cameo?

4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Nah that was his VF-19

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Video game only.