Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

image.png.14f0a3cec0178003f7a052dd8fc8f23b.png

VF-25 Lucky Star squadron has arrived!

Cute :) 

The SD frontier prize figs are nice too. Took a little while for me to find all the ones I wanted. 

4 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Cute :) 

The SD frontier prize figs are nice too. Took a little while for me to find all the ones I wanted. 

I am amused that the Lucky Star valks are my entryway into Macross Frontier toys. LOL

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am amused that the Lucky Star valks are my entryway into Macross Frontier toys. LOL

Next thing you know, SDF Macross and Macross Frontier toys will be your entryway to all Macross collectibles from here on now. ;)

As Agent Smith would say:

35ndf0.jpg

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Next thing you know, SDF Macross and Macross Frontier toys will be your entryway to all Macross collectibles from here on now. ;)

35ndf0.jpg

Am imagining bandai and arcadia tattooed on agent smith's face somehow hahaha...

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

35ndf0.jpg

OMG, that smile is terrifying!  Who in the world is that?

@sh9000: You managed to get a copy of the HMR VF-1J with the GBP at last! ^_^

@Shizuka the Cat: That would be Agent Smith from "The Matrix Trilogy" played by Hugo Weaving (Ninjaed by @505thAirborne before my post). He also did Elrond in the "Lord of the Rings" and in "The Hobbit" Trilogies plus other movies. @Sildanihas a avatar of him as Elrond with the sunglasses. :p 

This just came in yesterday afternoon via Amazon. Don't have to drive around the town around to look for this anymore and also pay close to $100 CND (before taxes) for this.. :D

DSC00770.jpg

Edited by borgified

9 hours ago, borgified said:

@sh9000: You managed to get a copy of the HMR VF-1J with the GBP at last! ^_^

:D

7 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

:lol:

Apparently one can never have too many armored VF-1s.

Yep.  B))

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Lookin forward to seeing your build of that Macross II Metal Siren

Hopefully soon.  

31 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

"a copy"? That's probably his 10th one at least?

My 8th.

16 minutes ago, borgified said:

Or maybe the 20+1 version that he's got stashed for kit bashing purposes? ^_^

I wish.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Had time to open up the Enterprise I recently bought. :)

Comparison between the original duck egg blue version and TV color version. (Looks like my original could use some new batteries.)

5ae6025432d2b_aoshimaenterprise01.jpg.b052d28a05b6a8a60446991f85d39103.jpg

5ae602552db06_aoshimaenterprise02.jpg.12f3b5f6e3f21be0d7857be3fa1138b6.jpg

They made a second one?

They were released at the same time. One was painted duck egg blue like the actual studio filming model, and the other "TV color" version was painted to more closely resemble how it actually looked on TV after lighting, post-production, etc. Should be more of a warmer grey tone.

Edited by Lolicon

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

They made a second one?

And a third, actually:

USSYamato.thumb.jpg.2772b731fb56de0fedf0d943f5f4dbd4.jpg

The USS Yamato.  I found it on clearance.  :p

Yamatocustomstand.thumb.jpg.6909596414bb512c4b50ec6eac6179e3.jpg

I hated the ugly stand it came with, so I made my own.  B))

4 hours ago, tekering said:

And a third, actually:

USSYamato.thumb.jpg.2772b731fb56de0fedf0d943f5f4dbd4.jpg

The USS Yamato.  I found it on clearance.  :p

Yamatocustomstand.thumb.jpg.6909596414bb512c4b50ec6eac6179e3.jpg

I hated the ugly stand it came with, so I made my own.  B))

OMG they made a USS Yamato?! I must have one!

Love the custom stand too. I think I might have to replace the default stand now. Also, nice Eaglemoss collection!

Got my Sail Barge book that comes before the actual toy next year:

5ae6a4042900a_StarWars_SailBarge_Book_DSC06408.jpg.2bc0498918371c0da5a46b91eeb49de2.jpg

5ae6a40328497_StarWars_SailBarge_Book_DSC06409.jpg.4a204a23cc29eef6105c3e78b78f43e0.jpg

5ae6a4012b94c_StarWars_SailBarge_Book_DSC06410.jpg.ae02cc71280f17a1f5b0ae6f904d7940.jpg

Finally got a decent Ultron that looks formidable with other Marvel villains...been wanting this for years and finally found it for $2.50

Marvel_Villians_DSC06411.jpg.72e24e86c81e741b1add76a0fbddf24e.jpg

And I got my OG Mechagodzilla to add to the crew

Godzilla_Monsters_DSC06412.jpg.569611f2727ec26059557bccd612fb4f.jpg

WOW!  With all the Macross toys released by Yamato, Arcadia, Bandai, etc... I have no idea how someone can possibly keep up with Macross toys, yet alone collect from other franchises like Gundam, Star Wars, Star Trek, and so on.

The collections some of you guys amass truly amazes me.

Haha yeah, it is insane! While I consider Macross my main focus right now, Star Wars has been a consistently amassing collection for me since the late 70's. I'm pretty sure I have more Star Wars than anything. Marvel and other superhero things are big with me too but they haven't been getting really great toys until fairly recently considering how long they've been around. Which leads to my comic collection that actually could put the rest of my collection combined to shame. 

29 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

WOW!  With all the Macross toys released by Yamato, Arcadia, Bandai, etc... I have no idea how someone can possibly keep up with Macross toys, yet alone collect from other franchises like Gundam, Star Wars, Star Trek, and so on.

The collections some of you guys amass truly amazes me.

And it's not just that. Most of the guys here, me included, are married and with kids. So it's a question for me how can we sustain this craziness. :lol:

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And it's not just that. Most of the guys here, me included, are married and with kids. So it's a question for me how can we sustain this craziness. :lol:

I more wonder how you afford it.

Little did I know, MWF is filled with Fortune 500 executives. 

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I have no idea how someone can possibly keep up with Macross toys, yet alone collect from other franchises like Gundam, Star Wars, Star Trek, and so on.

It's all a matter of priorities.  I don't have kids, I don't have investments, I don't even own a car... 

hallwaysouth.thumb.jpg.90ede0a8282ad58df4a5a0ea0e79bfab.jpg

...but I have a lot of toys.  :D