Jump to content
Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oooh. Lots of downvoting. Hahaha! :lol: 

 

Great purchases, @Shizuka the Cat! :good::) 

Great collections too, @SuperDimensionalDave! I'm surprise to see that Max figure. ;) :good: 

 

Thanks. Yeah those are the old Popbox Hikaru and Max figures. Worth having if you can find them under $80. They're not stellar and bodies underneath are VERY basic. To top it off the outfits restrict the heck out of the possibility. But they're better than nothing and display well enough.  They came with great Skull Squadron patches too that I slapped on my range bag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Thanks. Yeah those are the old Popbox Hikaru and Max figures. Worth having if you can find them under $80. They're not stellar and bodies underneath are VERY basic. To top it off the outfits restrict the heck out of the possibility. But they're better than nothing and display well enough.  They came with great Skull Squadron patches too that I slapped on my range bag. 

I have both Hikaru figures. Bought it less than $50 each when Robotech is having some warehouse sale 2 years ago. There was no Max. I'm just surprise to see him since I have no idea that he got released after Hikaru. Probably he got produced a little bit less than Hikaru? Was looking forward for Roy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I have both Hikaru figures. Bought it less than $50 each when Robotech is having some warehouse sale 2 years ago. There was no Max. I'm just surprise to see him since I have no idea that he got released after Hikaru. Probably he got produced a little bit less than Hikaru? Was looking forward for Roy though.

Those are great prices. Yeah Max got released about 6ish months after first Hikaru and before Hikaru in pilot outfit. He was a limited release. I think to like 500 iirc. Popbox sold them on Ebay for a while but that was it. They never made it to the Robotech site. Popbox also had inside the Max box a mail away slip for a 1/6 mailaway premium of the campfire scene with the mutated fish on the stick Hikaru tries to Feed Misa after they crash on Earth and the tiny bonfire in DYRL. It was Japan only so I never bothered. Yeah I REALLY wanted the Roy. They showed prototypes but oh well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I bought all 4 of the cosplay figures from Jungle.

However, I just discovered that I cleared out 3 of the 4 characters from Jungle's inventory.

Only Hiiragi is still available from them...

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&do=detail&id=101000005577

 

However, Miyuki is available from Mandarake...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1030673760&ref=list

as is Kagami...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1028128360&ref=list

Konata is available from eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCKY-STAR-Macross-F-Frontier-KONATA-Cosplay-Figure-of-Alto-Saotome-Banpresto/192472260791

 

As for the valkyries, I got them from an eBay buy shop...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Banpresto-Japan-Macross-Frontier-Lucky-Star-VF-25-Messiah-Set-of-4-MIB-Robotech-/162603875944

 

Nice, thanks!

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I cosplayed a little bit during my high school and undergrad years. Some of us from MIT would dress up for Anime Boston, Halloween, and some themed parties.

But, other than wearing kigurumis as pajamas at home or some other costume to spice things up in bed, I have not really cosplayed in public since graduating.

Nope... not married. But dating.

Winning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mezco Old Man Logan.  Post office did not drop off the Ride Armor unfortunately.

A615FE64-CD10-476D-9943-FD3C2C0B397E.thumb.jpeg.ee34c18367deda917842d78acb874276.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Nice, sh9000! :good: Next thing we know you’re gonna pose everyone like this. :wub:

3DE4B0ED-1243-4804-8098-C00B94D51EB8.jpeg.41f95a57b4786813d6f2b9ad12eb7c29.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest arrival.

F401191E-A933-4FCB-A4AD-21D25068C4C3.thumb.jpeg.47a58c9e9b6771c3266d6fdd0dec2444.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

image.png.b705f23b2b1851f53788da17df31f3b4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

image.png.b705f23b2b1851f53788da17df31f3b4.png

Roy was a web exclusive that came a special stand. If yours didn't include it then the previous owner lost it or kept it for themselves. 

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG... where have these been all my life?

FIGURE-038898.jpg

FIGURE-038897.jpg

I like the cat powered suits. The dog reminds me of the Rick & Morty episode where dogs took over the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

image.png.b705f23b2b1851f53788da17df31f3b4.png

From no HMR, Toynami was good enough to having an HMR collection that puts many to shame in a matter of weeks. Impresive, most impressive. 

That stand was a pack in exclusive that was supposed to come with Roy's 1S. Since it was packed separately, before they figured how to pack together like in M&M, some sellers did not include the stand for whatever reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Roy was a web exclusive that came a special stand. If yours didn't include it then the previous owner lost it or kept it for themselves. 

I like the cat powered suits. The dog reminds me of the Rick & Morty episode where dogs took over the world. 

*clenches fist and shouts out to the heavens* MANDARAKE!!!! Why no stand?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

From no HMR, Toynami was good enough to having an HMR collection that puts many to shame in a matter of weeks. Impresive, most impressive. 

That stand was a pack in exclusive that was supposed to come with Roy's 1S. Since it was packed separately, before they figured how to pack together like in M&M, some sellers did not include the stand for whatever reason. 

*cough cough* You are witnessing the evolution of a Macross toy collector before your very eyes *whistles innocently*

I actually don't mind the Toynami 1/100 scale toys. I don't think I'd want to touch their earlier releases, but wave 6 releases onward seem decent to me for their price. I am pretty anxious for BBTS to ship me the 3 GBP set, but am waiting for the Kakizaki VF-1A pre-order to come out so that they can all be shipped together. 

But I have to admit, the HMRs have more heft to them and feel a more sturdy... except for their feet, which always feel loose to me. I was originally going to avoid the HMRs, until I discovered they had released the Elintseeker and were going to do the Ostrich. With no Toynami counterparts, I decided to dive into the deep, deep pool of quicksand known as HMR. *sigh*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*clenches fist and shouts out to the heavens* MANDARAKE!!!! Why no stand?!

I'm sure some Japanese dude has it in his apartment, holding up a Gundam or something. :)

BTW you have a link to the kitty powered armor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm sure some Japanese dude has it in his apartment, holding up a Gundam or something. :)

BTW you have a link to the kitty powered armor? 

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038897&page=top

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038898&page=top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

From no HMR, Toynami was good enough to having an HMR collection that puts many to shame in a matter of weeks. Impresive, most impressive. 

That stand was a pack in exclusive that was supposed to come with Roy's 1S. Since it was packed separately, before they figured how to pack together like in M&M, some sellers did not include the stand for whatever reason. 

Not all HMR Roys came with the stand. From what I recall, the stand was included for anyone who preordered Roy's 1S (which was a Tamashii exclusive) by a certain early date. So if you didn't PO by then, you wouldn't get the stand. And I'm pretty sure there was originally a larger shipping box that Bandai created to hold both the valk and the stand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Nice, sh9000! :good: Next thing we know you’re gonna pose everyone like this. :wub:

3DE4B0ED-1243-4804-8098-C00B94D51EB8.jpeg.41f95a57b4786813d6f2b9ad12eb7c29.jpeg

Thanks!  Yeah that would be cool.  If Hasbro makes a Professor X with hoverchair or an updated Storm and Iceman I’d buy them and be ok with what I already have for the rest of the figures in the lineup.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Roy was a web exclusive that came a special stand. If yours didn't include it then the previous owner lost it or kept it for themselves.

1038404F-74CE-4A13-B1BF-4A1B512DC437.thumb.jpeg.db5a2f9b2c38275f0a9bb8744e8c17a4.jpeg

There were two releases of HMR VF-1S Roy.  One with the stand and one without.

5 hours ago, Saburo said:

Latest arrival.

F401191E-A933-4FCB-A4AD-21D25068C4C3.thumb.jpeg.47a58c9e9b6771c3266d6fdd0dec2444.jpeg

Congrats.

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

image.png.b705f23b2b1851f53788da17df31f3b4.png

Congrats.  See above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the last Revoltech Eva's I needed complete my Evangelion 2.0 - 3.0 display :) and I got Takara MPM Barricade but im disappointed it doesnt have any differences from the Hasbro version. 

New Haul 04/24/2018 Revoltech Eva 02 Beta Revoltech Eva 02 Beta

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*cough cough* You are witnessing the evolution of a Macross toy collector before your very eyes *whistles innocently*

I actually don't mind the Toynami 1/100 scale toys. I don't think I'd want to touch their earlier releases, but wave 6 releases onward seem decent to me for their price. I am pretty anxious for BBTS to ship me the 3 GBP set, but am waiting for the Kakizaki VF-1A pre-order to come out so that they can all be shipped together. 

But I have to admit, the HMRs have more heft to them and feel a more sturdy... except for their feet, which always feel loose to me. I was originally going to avoid the HMRs, until I discovered they had released the Elintseeker and were going to do the Ostrich. With no Toynami counterparts, I decided to dive into the deep, deep pool of quicksand known as HMR. *sigh*

 

Welcome to the club ;) HMR resistance is futile. I tried myself for a long time thinking "why would I want these little so called Hi-Metal figures with barely any metal in them when I can have the premium 1/60's?". :lol:

 

Thanks to @ScrambledValkyrie and @sh9000 for clarifying the Roy 1S stand situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome to the club ;) HMR resistance is futile. I tried myself for a long time thinking "why would I want these little so called Hi-Metal figures with barely any metal in them when I can have the premium 1/60's?". :lol:

I thought the same thing and got most of them but then jumped out. I sold almost everything and only kept the 1S Hikaru/Roy, 1J Hikaru, and I have one 1A CF that I need to sell. Oh yea the 2SS stayed as well, from here on out im only getting the new HMR molds and 1 of each :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I thought the same thing and got most of them but then jumped out. I sold almost everything and only kept the 1S Hikaru/Roy, 1J Hikaru, and I have one 1A CF that I need to sell. Oh yea the 2SS stayed as well, from here on out im only getting the new HMR molds and 1 of each :lol:

Wow! So you hesitated then jumped in full force, sold most of it and are back in?  That's some ride!:lol:

Once I got it, I got all in and stayed that way. I love HMR! 1/60 are my babies but HMR have so many more possibilities and fun to mess with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow! So you hesitated then jumped in full force, sold most of it and are back in?  That's some ride!:lol:

Once I got it, I got all in and stayed that way. I love HMR! 1/60 are my babies but HMR have so many more possibilities and fun to mess with. 

Yea just wasnt for me, the few i kept are just so i can put them around the SDF-1. They dont scale of course, but look way better than a 1/60 in front of it :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Yea just wasnt for me, the few i kept are just so i can put them around the SDF-1. They dont scale of course, but look way better than a 1/60 in front of it :lol:

Haha definitely! I have something else I'm planning to display with my SDF-1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha definitely! I have something else I'm planning to display with my SDF-1. 

Another, larger, SDF-1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Another, larger, SDF-1?

I am imagining the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 being punched by the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1, whuch is being punched by the Arcadia version, which is being punched by the Bandai DX Macross Quarter, which is being punched by the Arcadia premium finish version, which is being punched by the Matchbox one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am imagining the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 being punched by the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1, whuch is being punched by the Arcadia version, which is being punched by the Bandai DX Macross Quarter, which is being punched by the Arcadia premium finish version, which is being punched by the Matchbox one!

and all of them being Shamed by @Nyankodevice's Most Epic Custom:

IMG_20161102_185102.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am imagining the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 being punched by the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1, whuch is being punched by the Arcadia version, which is being punched by the Bandai DX Macross Quarter, which is being punched by the Arcadia premium finish version, which is being punched by the Matchbox one!

Like an SDF-1 centipede?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, slide said:

and all of them being Shamed by @Nyankodevice's Most Epic Custom:

IMG_20161102_185102.jpg

OMG I would pay the PF price with HLJ mark up for a TV SDF-1 of that quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't planning any other large purchases until the PF SDF-1 came out, but then I saw the rare Aoshima TV color Enterprise-D for a really good price and had to have it!

Also been wanting another green 27 for ages now, and picked that up pretty cheap too. :)

5ae0b05349169_loot2018-04-25.thumb.jpg.92fe0d2a49bf3b486bdb6dd8ae203a54.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I thought the same thing and got most of them but then jumped out. I sold almost everything and only kept the 1S Hikaru/Roy, 1J Hikaru, and I have one 1A CF that I need to sell. Oh yea the 2SS stayed as well, from here on out im only getting the new HMR molds and 1 of each :lol:

I think I bought a couple of HMRs from you last year. I doubt you'll have any trouble finding a buyer for that last CF 1A. Seems the demand for that one continues to grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually still need a CF-1A to go with that thunder-hammer I've got on order, I'll keep an eye out if anyone wants to sell on the For Sale/Trade forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I have one 1A CF that I need to sell.

*yoink* :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome to the club ;) Resistance is futile. 

Hahaha.. That's my tag line! :lol: 

Speaking of Star Trek stuff, @Lolicon: A grail acquired off your "wanted" list. :good:

I ordered another valk from Amiami roughly two hours ago: Pre-owned VF-31C Mirage at 17,280 Yen (Item B, Box B). Opted for slow shipping (registered) and now waiting for the payment notification. With Golden Week around the corner, I don't mind waiting till the end of next month to get it.

Now the hunt for the Fast Packs once it get released.

Edit: Add pic to write up

Borg_Picard.jpg

Edited by borgified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

OMG I would pay the PF price with HLJ mark up for a TV SDF-1 of that quality.

Holy moly, ditto!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...