Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oooh. Lots of downvoting. Hahaha! :lol: 

Great purchases, @Shizuka the Cat! :good::) 

Great collections too, @SuperDimensionalDave! I'm surprise to see that Max figure. ;) :good: 

Thanks. Yeah those are the old Popbox Hikaru and Max figures. Worth having if you can find them under $80. They're not stellar and bodies underneath are VERY basic. To top it off the outfits restrict the heck out of the possibility. But they're better than nothing and display well enough.  They came with great Skull Squadron patches too that I slapped on my range bag. 

6 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Thanks. Yeah those are the old Popbox Hikaru and Max figures. Worth having if you can find them under $80. They're not stellar and bodies underneath are VERY basic. To top it off the outfits restrict the heck out of the possibility. But they're better than nothing and display well enough.  They came with great Skull Squadron patches too that I slapped on my range bag. 

I have both Hikaru figures. Bought it less than $50 each when Robotech is having some warehouse sale 2 years ago. There was no Max. I'm just surprise to see him since I have no idea that he got released after Hikaru. Probably he got produced a little bit less than Hikaru? Was looking forward for Roy though.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I have both Hikaru figures. Bought it less than $50 each when Robotech is having some warehouse sale 2 years ago. There was no Max. I'm just surprise to see him since I have no idea that he got released after Hikaru. Probably he got produced a little bit less than Hikaru? Was looking forward for Roy though.

Those are great prices. Yeah Max got released about 6ish months after first Hikaru and before Hikaru in pilot outfit. He was a limited release. I think to like 500 iirc. Popbox sold them on Ebay for a while but that was it. They never made it to the Robotech site. Popbox also had inside the Max box a mail away slip for a 1/6 mailaway premium of the campfire scene with the mutated fish on the stick Hikaru tries to Feed Misa after they crash on Earth and the tiny bonfire in DYRL. It was Japan only so I never bothered. Yeah I REALLY wanted the Roy. They showed prototypes but oh well...

13 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I bought all 4 of the cosplay figures from Jungle.

However, I just discovered that I cleared out 3 of the 4 characters from Jungle's inventory.

Only Hiiragi is still available from them...

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&do=detail&id=101000005577

However, Miyuki is available from Mandarake...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1030673760&ref=list

as is Kagami...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1028128360&ref=list

Konata is available from eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCKY-STAR-Macross-F-Frontier-KONATA-Cosplay-Figure-of-Alto-Saotome-Banpresto/192472260791

As for the valkyries, I got them from an eBay buy shop...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Banpresto-Japan-Macross-Frontier-Lucky-Star-VF-25-Messiah-Set-of-4-MIB-Robotech-/162603875944

Nice, thanks!

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I cosplayed a little bit during my high school and undergrad years. Some of us from MIT would dress up for Anime Boston, Halloween, and some themed parties.

But, other than wearing kigurumis as pajamas at home or some other costume to spice things up in bed, I have not really cosplayed in public since graduating.

Nope... not married. But dating.

Winning!

Mezco Old Man Logan.  Post office did not drop off the Ride Armor unfortunately.

A615FE64-CD10-476D-9943-FD3C2C0B397E.thumb.jpeg.ee34c18367deda917842d78acb874276.jpeg

^ Nice, sh9000! :good: Next thing we know you’re gonna pose everyone like this. :wub:

3DE4B0ED-1243-4804-8098-C00B94D51EB8.jpeg.41f95a57b4786813d6f2b9ad12eb7c29.jpeg

Latest arrival.

F401191E-A933-4FCB-A4AD-21D25068C4C3.thumb.jpeg.47a58c9e9b6771c3266d6fdd0dec2444.jpeg

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

image.png.b705f23b2b1851f53788da17df31f3b4.png

36 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

Roy was a web exclusive that came a special stand. If yours didn't include it then the previous owner lost it or kept it for themselves. 

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG... where have these been all my life?

FIGURE-038898.jpg

FIGURE-038897.jpg

I like the cat powered suits. The dog reminds me of the Rick & Morty episode where dogs took over the world. 

34 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

From no HMR, Toynami was good enough to having an HMR collection that puts many to shame in a matter of weeks. Impresive, most impressive. 

That stand was a pack in exclusive that was supposed to come with Roy's 1S. Since it was packed separately, before they figured how to pack together like in M&M, some sellers did not include the stand for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Roy was a web exclusive that came a special stand. If yours didn't include it then the previous owner lost it or kept it for themselves. 

I like the cat powered suits. The dog reminds me of the Rick & Morty episode where dogs took over the world. 

*clenches fist and shouts out to the heavens* MANDARAKE!!!! Why no stand?!

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

From no HMR, Toynami was good enough to having an HMR collection that puts many to shame in a matter of weeks. Impresive, most impressive. 

That stand was a pack in exclusive that was supposed to come with Roy's 1S. Since it was packed separately, before they figured how to pack together like in M&M, some sellers did not include the stand for whatever reason. 

*cough cough* You are witnessing the evolution of a Macross toy collector before your very eyes *whistles innocently*

I actually don't mind the Toynami 1/100 scale toys. I don't think I'd want to touch their earlier releases, but wave 6 releases onward seem decent to me for their price. I am pretty anxious for BBTS to ship me the 3 GBP set, but am waiting for the Kakizaki VF-1A pre-order to come out so that they can all be shipped together. 

But I have to admit, the HMRs have more heft to them and feel a more sturdy... except for their feet, which always feel loose to me. I was originally going to avoid the HMRs, until I discovered they had released the Elintseeker and were going to do the Ostrich. With no Toynami counterparts, I decided to dive into the deep, deep pool of quicksand known as HMR. *sigh*

56 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*clenches fist and shouts out to the heavens* MANDARAKE!!!! Why no stand?!

I'm sure some Japanese dude has it in his apartment, holding up a Gundam or something. :)

BTW you have a link to the kitty powered armor? 

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm sure some Japanese dude has it in his apartment, holding up a Gundam or something. :)

BTW you have a link to the kitty powered armor? 

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038897&page=top

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038898&page=top

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Not all HMR Roys came with the stand. From what I recall, the stand was included for anyone who preordered Roy's 1S (which was a Tamashii exclusive) by a certain early date. So if you didn't PO by then, you wouldn't get the stand. And I'm pretty sure there was originally a larger shipping box that Bandai created to hold both the valk and the stand. 

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Nice, sh9000! :good: Next thing we know you’re gonna pose everyone like this. :wub:

3DE4B0ED-1243-4804-8098-C00B94D51EB8.jpeg.41f95a57b4786813d6f2b9ad12eb7c29.jpeg

Thanks!  Yeah that would be cool.  If Hasbro makes a Professor X with hoverchair or an updated Storm and Iceman I’d buy them and be ok with what I already have for the rest of the figures in the lineup.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

1038404F-74CE-4A13-B1BF-4A1B512DC437.thumb.jpeg.db5a2f9b2c38275f0a9bb8744e8c17a4.jpeg

There were two releases of HMR VF-1S Roy.  One with the stand and one without.

5 hours ago, Saburo said:

Latest arrival.

F401191E-A933-4FCB-A4AD-21D25068C4C3.thumb.jpeg.47a58c9e9b6771c3266d6fdd0dec2444.jpeg

Congrats.

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Congrats.  See above.

Got the last Revoltech Eva's I needed complete my Evangelion 2.0 - 3.0 display :) and I got Takara MPM Barricade but im disappointed it doesnt have any differences from the Hasbro version. 

New Haul 04/24/2018 Revoltech Eva 02 Beta Revoltech Eva 02 Beta

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*cough cough* You are witnessing the evolution of a Macross toy collector before your very eyes *whistles innocently*

I actually don't mind the Toynami 1/100 scale toys. I don't think I'd want to touch their earlier releases, but wave 6 releases onward seem decent to me for their price. I am pretty anxious for BBTS to ship me the 3 GBP set, but am waiting for the Kakizaki VF-1A pre-order to come out so that they can all be shipped together. 

But I have to admit, the HMRs have more heft to them and feel a more sturdy... except for their feet, which always feel loose to me. I was originally going to avoid the HMRs, until I discovered they had released the Elintseeker and were going to do the Ostrich. With no Toynami counterparts, I decided to dive into the deep, deep pool of quicksand known as HMR. *sigh*

Welcome to the club ;) HMR resistance is futile. I tried myself for a long time thinking "why would I want these little so called Hi-Metal figures with barely any metal in them when I can have the premium 1/60's?". :lol:

Thanks to @ScrambledValkyrie and @sh9000 for clarifying the Roy 1S stand situation. 

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome to the club ;) HMR resistance is futile. I tried myself for a long time thinking "why would I want these little so called Hi-Metal figures with barely any metal in them when I can have the premium 1/60's?". :lol:

I thought the same thing and got most of them but then jumped out. I sold almost everything and only kept the 1S Hikaru/Roy, 1J Hikaru, and I have one 1A CF that I need to sell. Oh yea the 2SS stayed as well, from here on out im only getting the new HMR molds and 1 of each :lol:

26 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I thought the same thing and got most of them but then jumped out. I sold almost everything and only kept the 1S Hikaru/Roy, 1J Hikaru, and I have one 1A CF that I need to sell. Oh yea the 2SS stayed as well, from here on out im only getting the new HMR molds and 1 of each :lol:

Wow! So you hesitated then jumped in full force, sold most of it and are back in?  That's some ride!:lol:

Once I got it, I got all in and stayed that way. I love HMR! 1/60 are my babies but HMR have so many more possibilities and fun to mess with. 

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow! So you hesitated then jumped in full force, sold most of it and are back in?  That's some ride!:lol:

Once I got it, I got all in and stayed that way. I love HMR! 1/60 are my babies but HMR have so many more possibilities and fun to mess with. 

Yea just wasnt for me, the few i kept are just so i can put them around the SDF-1. They dont scale of course, but look way better than a 1/60 in front of it :lol:

24 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Yea just wasnt for me, the few i kept are just so i can put them around the SDF-1. They dont scale of course, but look way better than a 1/60 in front of it :lol:

Haha definitely! I have something else I'm planning to display with my SDF-1. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha definitely! I have something else I'm planning to display with my SDF-1. 

Another, larger, SDF-1?

2 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Another, larger, SDF-1?

I am imagining the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 being punched by the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1, whuch is being punched by the Arcadia version, which is being punched by the Bandai DX Macross Quarter, which is being punched by the Arcadia premium finish version, which is being punched by the Matchbox one!

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am imagining the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 being punched by the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1, whuch is being punched by the Arcadia version, which is being punched by the Bandai DX Macross Quarter, which is being punched by the Arcadia premium finish version, which is being punched by the Matchbox one!

and all of them being Shamed by @Nyankodevice's Most Epic Custom:

IMG_20161102_185102.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Like an SDF-1 centipede?

10 minutes ago, slide said:

and all of them being Shamed by @Nyankodevice's Most Epic Custom:

IMG_20161102_185102.jpg

OMG I would pay the PF price with HLJ mark up for a TV SDF-1 of that quality.

Wasn't planning any other large purchases until the PF SDF-1 came out, but then I saw the rare Aoshima TV color Enterprise-D for a really good price and had to have it!

Also been wanting another green 27 for ages now, and picked that up pretty cheap too. :)

5ae0b05349169_loot2018-04-25.thumb.jpg.92fe0d2a49bf3b486bdb6dd8ae203a54.jpg

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I think I bought a couple of HMRs from you last year. I doubt you'll have any trouble finding a buyer for that last CF 1A. Seems the demand for that one continues to grow.

I actually still need a CF-1A to go with that thunder-hammer I've got on order, I'll keep an eye out if anyone wants to sell on the For Sale/Trade forum.

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I have one 1A CF that I need to sell.

*yoink* :)

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome to the club ;) Resistance is futile. 

Hahaha.. That's my tag line! :lol: 

Speaking of Star Trek stuff, @Lolicon: A grail acquired off your "wanted" list. :good:

I ordered another valk from Amiami roughly two hours ago: Pre-owned VF-31C Mirage at 17,280 Yen (Item B, Box B). Opted for slow shipping (registered) and now waiting for the payment notification. With Golden Week around the corner, I don't mind waiting till the end of next month to get it.

Now the hunt for the Fast Packs once it get released.

Edit: Add pic to write up

Borg_Picard.jpg

Edited by borgified

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

OMG I would pay the PF price with HLJ mark up for a TV SDF-1 of that quality.

Holy moly, ditto!