Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Wasn't planning to get any of the Figuarts Walkure, but I saw Mikumo for only 2400 and said why not.

Also picked up some of my favorite liquor. :)

59e830fa6000c_newstuff2017-10-19.jpg.b02a1ba132e1dbb9ca5f4e431106b3ca.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus... I just looked up the price on that Whisky ($130US). Quite frankly way out of my price range. Nice get on that Mikumo too. 

17 hours ago, mickyg said:

Awe shucks... You're too kind sir.

Have you discovered the instrument panel yet?  As I recall, that's the first thing I did to it.  It started to snowball from there.

Great additions, all!

@Tking22: which Prime is that?  Omega is massive, but it's a whole new level if that's the "big" MPP-10 you've got there.

Yep, discovered the instrument panel. Also note the HUD emitter!

411C65AB-E9F5-4B29-9AC7-4B5454993E69.jpeg

E312B07F-9CA7-4431-9A5B-4E96C4D14389.jpeg

17 hours ago, mickyg said:

Awe shucks... You're too kind sir.

Have you discovered the instrument panel yet?  As I recall, that's the first thing I did to it.  It started to snowball from there.

Great additions, all!

@Tking22: which Prime is that?  Omega is massive, but it's a whole new level if that's the "big" MPP-10 you've got there.

That's the Fanstoys Terminus Giganticus. Their take on a MP Omega Supreme.

9 hours ago, mickyg said:

Ooooh, my mouth is literally watering.  And not because of Mikumo!  I hear Japanese whisky is just amazing!

It is. I can't go back to the whisky drank by low-life commoners anymore! :lol:

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Sweet baby Jesus... I just looked up the price on that Whisky ($130US). Quite frankly way out of my price range. Nice get on that Mikumo too. 

It's a bit cheaper buying it locally. Only 9000 yen!

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

It's a bit cheaper buying it locally. Only 9000 yen!

I'll have to stick to my locally produced Small Batch Craft Bourbon. When I get my Mirage, I'll include A picture of my favorite whisky... For Scale.

6 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Damn you got me curious! I found this: Hakushu Whisky Single Malt Distiller's Reserve 70 cl  for 75 EUR / 10000 JPY, does it worth it compared to the "non Distiller Reserve" one ?

As far as I know, I believe the only difference is how long its been aged. 

I went to the distillery and tried the 25 year Yamazaki (no bottles for sale)... 2500 yen just for 30 ml tasting glass! It was amazing though. :o

Daaaaaamn.  I just went over release schedules for the figures I want over the course of the next six months.  I'm averaging $550 a month on toys!  And that isn't even taking into account whenever Hasbro decides to lob cases of Marvel Legends out into the market. 

A few additional purchases to toss into the shipping box headed to the States.

Since I have the Figuarts Mikumo, I went ahead and grabbed Freyja too. <_<

The VF-11B was only 500 yen so I grabbed it too, and it shouldn't look too out of place with my HMR battroids.

Not really into Gundam, but the V2 Gundam was the very first straight Japanese imported toy I ever got as a lad, so I decided to get a newer version of it. :)

The F-35 is 1/144 scale and pre-painted, so it'll be placed with my Tomytec 31s, if I ever get around to putting those together...

59ec31c57c3a8_newstuff2017-10-22.thumb.jpg.05c00f8efc0b6c588ac3c04ceef06b10.jpg

Spent the weekend out of state visiting a friend. Had a blast, and I decided to splurge at their local comics store. I got the nephew a nice Overwatch cardboard poster, but he snuck it away before I could snap any photos. And I got this for myself. Upon opening the box, my immediate reaction: "That's a strong start."

20171022_185535.jpg.5662242191820ae460f8a6f7d3615cea.jpg

On ‎2017‎/‎10‎/‎21 at 10:22 AM, Chronocidal said:

Oh.. hah.  See, I have to say that's probably one of the best action figure likenesses I've seen in a long time.  I've never been a big fan of those movies, and was thinking, "Looks more like Paul Reiser."  Mission accomplished. :lol: 

Whats a Paul Reiser?:wacko: