Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

34 minutes ago, locidm said:

I saw this on Mandarake the other day and couldn't resist......blew another hole on the wallet.

y1GhJmbh.jpg
9B7FDcTh.jpg

Nice...Mind me asking how much you got it for?

4 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Sweet you got the Hi-Metal Xabungle! What do you think? 

Lol, that a lot HLJ packages to come in. So I wasn't the only one waiting for Milia to be release and ran out of days with the PW? I will make sure to add mine to the thread when it comes in later this. 

I haven't messed with Xabungle yet but just taking it out the box and standing it there for a quick photo, it was impressive. The HMR line is amazing...the quality, thought and detail put into all the releases is excellent and I almost feel like the two non-Macross releases so far are the best in the line.

2 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Lol, that a lot HLJ packages to come in. So I wasn't the only one waiting for Milia to be release and ran out of days with the PW? I will make sure to add mine to the thread when it comes in later this. 

Seems everyone started their PW stashing around the same time lol. I'm waiting 'til the end of the month for the VE-1/VT-1 reissues, and then I'll (finally!!!) be able to get my hands on my my VF-31As. I'm grabbing a whole bunch of old Gundam HGUCs/Wing-era HGs to maybe do a little video retrospective with, too, but that's not gonna be part of my HLJ package.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I was waiting for the Hi-resolution wing zero, I imagine Kajinrig was doing the same.

I think you're thinking of @anubis20. I'm not interested in the Hi-Res Wing Zero. (That being said, nice haul to you, too. I had to do a double take since you had almost the exact same things they did. :D)

2 hours ago, locidm said:

Thanks! About $330 shipped.

Thanks...Not bad but I'm glad it was still out of my range of willing to pay for it. It's such a sweet piece though.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice purchases everyone. I’ve never seen xabungle but I want that damned figure lol

Yeah, it's a really cool figure, get on it!:p

Great hauls everyone! ;)

59 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Just got my Revoltech Wolverine.  Totally bad-ass.  I can't wait for Magneto and Cap.

IMG_0130.thumb.JPG.d88754b02b5b10b486c17dd1712b2ffc.JPG

I used to have the first gen Revoltech figures from Eva's to Getter's. I stopped buying Revoltech after those non-transforming VF-1's. So I'm not familiar with their releases nowadays. How is it compared to the old ones?

The Amazing Yamaguchi line is the best line of comic style figures ever! So much thought and care is put into everything from sculpt, accessories, to even the packaging is done to the level where they are making the definitive version of each character they make. They still have Revo joints but done really well to give you the most poseable and best looking figure on the market.

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Some late arrivals from September.

No one else picked up the Megahouse Cosmo Zero? :o

59d3d12ff1cf3_cosmozero01.jpg.55a8b634f291c091ac39f5490972d90c.jpg

Have one incoming with Amiami. That's a big box! Can't wait to get mine!

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

R_Cosmo_zero_001.thumb.png.3c2f296c1471a0cc1b25a0e64f67e6f4.png

Megahouse Variable Action Hi-SPEC Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Type 52 Cosmo Zero Alpha 1

@LoliconI ordered it as well. :D

Hehe, somehow I knew that Saburo would have one. Planning to do a reshoot of your Yamato girls with tthe Cosmo Zero? ^_^

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The Amazing Yamaguchi line is the best line of comic style figures ever! So much thought and care is put into everything from sculpt, accessories, to even the packaging is done to the level where they are making the definitive version of each character they make. They still have Revo joints but done really well to give you the most poseable and best looking figure on the market.

Thanks Slave IV for the fast reply. :) 

But how's the material nowadays? The only gripe I have with those first gen figures is the PVC material. Esp in hot countries, it tends to give that gooey sticky feeling when playing with it.

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Slave IV for the fast reply. :) 

But how's the material nowadays? The only gripe I have with those first gen figures is the PVC material. Esp in hot countries, it tends to give that gooey sticky feeling when playing with it.

They feel good to me. I'm in SoCal and it gets hot here but I know it gets hotter and mainly more humid elsewhere so I don't know what they would be like there. I recently read up on sticky toys and found it can be caused by plasticizer evaporating and if your figure is sealed, it has nowhere to go so it coats the toy and gives it that feel. This particular line has only been out a short time so we'll all have to see the long term effects. All I know is I'm all in so far and it's the most satisfying line of toys I collect. Probably edges out even HMR and the other Macross lines by a bit. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

They feel good to me. I'm in SoCal and it gets hot here but I know it gets hotter and mainly more humid elsewhere so I don't know what they would be like there. I recently read up on sticky toys and found it can be caused by plasticizer evaporating and if your figure is sealed, it has nowhere to go so it coats the toy and gives it that feel. This particular line has only been out a short time so we'll all have to see the long term effects. All I know is I'm all in so far and it's the most satisfying line of toys I collect. Probably edges out even HMR and the other Macross lines by a bit. 

I  brought all my Revoltech figures here actually from the Philippines and now they're somehow safe since the weather here is not as hot and humid back there. But so you know they're in great shape. There's no deformation or such. It's just that feeling when I used to play with it back there. Though now I'm planning on letting them go as a loose set via eBay. I just need to sort them out since I don't have any more space for everything. Hehehe. ^_^

While I would gladly recommend Wolverine and Spider-Gwen I'm not willing to go as far as to say they're the best comic versions.  They're pretty hyper deformed and not that accurate in many instances, even if they are cool and fun to pose.

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

While I would gladly recommend Wolverine and Spider-Gwen I'm not willing to go as far as to say they're the best comic versions.  They're pretty hyper deformed and not that accurate in many instances, even if they are cool and fun to pose.

Thanks for your insight, Mommar. ;)

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I  brought all my Revoltech figures here actually from the Philippines and now they're somehow safe since the weather here is not as hot and humid back there. But so you know they're in great shape. There's no deformation or such. It's just that feeling when I used to play with it back there. Though now I'm planning on letting them go as a loose set via eBay. I just need to sort them out since I don't have any more space for everything. Hehehe. ^_^

Good to know! I have some of the old Revo figures when they did the smaller scale and these new ones are significantly better in every way. 

To give an analogy, Bandai SHF and some of their other lines feel refined and precise and they do most things extremely well but conservatively, like a Mercedes. 

These Revo figures go all out with flair and style beyond what Bandai does but may feel a bit quirky in comparison, like a Ferarri. 

I appreciate both but one is a lot more fun. 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Looking good! I was close to ordering one myself but can't get sucked into Yamato. 

Its really nice, amazingly detailed for its size, the fuselage is diecast and has a bunch of parts to display it in hanger storage configuration. I only have one gripe about it, the tolerances on the pins to plug into the wing hard points is slightly off so they don't fit nicely. this very apparent on the 3 missile accessory.

1 hour ago, brouken said:

Have one incoming with Amiami. That's a big box! Can't wait to get mine!

Hehe, somehow I knew that Saburo would have one. Planning to do a reshoot of your Yamato girls with tthe Cosmo Zero? ^_^

hehe :D I plan to do a reshoot with the Yamato Girls, but it will be interesting to compose the shots because the Cosmo Zero is smaller than I thought.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Its really nice, amazingly detailed for its size, the fuselage is diecast and has a bunch of parts to display it in hanger storage configuration. I only have one gripe about it, the tolerances on the pins to plug into the wing hard points is slightly off so they don't fit nicely. this very apparent on the 3 missile accessory.

hehe :D I plan to do a reshoot with the Yamato Girls, but it will be interesting to compose the shots because the Cosmo Zero is smaller than I thought.

What's the scale like roughly, Saburo? 1/100? 1/60? I know the Cosmo Zero is smaller in size compared to a Valk in the same scale. Anyway, can't wait to see more of your pics of the Cosmo Zero, especially with your Yamato Girls! :wub:

Thanks for the size comparison Lolicon! Looks beautiful! Can’t wait to get mine. A little disappointed that it was’t in scale with our 1/60 valks. I guess that’s the closest we’re going to get to a “DX” quality Cosmo Zero.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Some quick pics of my Cosmo Zero. Going by the size of the pilot figures (which I wish were painted) I'd say it's a little smaller than 1/72 scale.

59d4fb06ecd72_cosmozero05.thumb.jpg.7fd1741136e6de3ef72bd96b029a82bb.jpg

I missed the 1/72 part of the comment.

And here I was thinking... "Oooh what a clear yellow gold canopy you have." :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

LOL! If there was one thing I could change about the DX 31, it would be the canopy paint. <_<

I think MacrossJunkie did his before on his DX. Have to dive in back to previous pages to find what he did to his canopy. ;)

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

You need to get all three :)

I applaud you for having the real estate to display them all! I love the Poisedon, but not so much the Liger. If I get Poisedon, I'd be too tempted to get the whole set, and I am running out of storage space! So I'm sticking with just Dragon! It's soo much better than the mazingers and the Getter 1.  I took my Getter 1 out last night and it frustrates me to no end! Besides, display space is reserved for Macross. :)

On 10/3/2017 at 10:34 AM, locidm said:

I saw this on Mandarake the other day and couldn't resist......blew another hole on the wallet.

The Fewture Getters are amazing!

15 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

You need to get all three :)

Agreed! They look awesome together! :)

14784630523_74d9c1fac2_h.jpg

10 hours ago, locidm said:

Saburo your pics always amazes. Is that just one shot or a composite? How do all three stay in focus? 

Hopefully I won't ever find myself wanting all three! No display space, no storage space, and no money. Lol. 

Thanks @locidm, this all one shot.  As for how everything stays in focus its just as @Sanity is Optional said smaller aperture and lighting. :D

The Getters are amazing and freaking heavy! 

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Saburo is a magician when it comes to focus with a 50mm. I am always amazed by his shoots

@Saburo do you use some kind of monitoring when you are shooting ? Or you shoot and pick the best ones later ?

@Xigfridthank you!  This was taken before I got my new gear (aka the anime Mecha Upgrade).  I don't use a monitor to preview as I shoot, its all eyeball. I do take a few shots with slightly different settings and select the one I like the best for processing.  :D

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Small aperture and good illumination?

You got it! :D