Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

10 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Did you have any trouble with the forearms falling right out of their sockets when you picked the droid up?  Or the finger joints falling apart?

Man this thread has become a mess to read through with all the photobucket images broken

No issues really. Some parts seem to be made to come off easily but just as easily put back. I think the antenna on the backpack was the main thing that fell off. Not unexpected for such a thin figure with that much articulation though.

And yeah, that Photobucket thing is a CF...I'm still pretty pissed about that.

Finally getting around to a few pics of my most recent arrivals.  Featuring: SHF The Dark Knight (love the cape), Figma Link, GTP Space Walls (omg I need more of these already), tiny Titanium Series BSG ships to go along with my Moebius Galactica (finally got a Colonial One, still looking for a deal on a Raptor), and some SW Ep2 Figuarts (Obi-Wan's blade plopped off the hilt when I was posing it, grr.  And holy hell those droids are touchy with arms and hands falling off)

@enphily Grats on the PG Red Astray!  I loved building mine and it's really well engineered and sturdy.  And it looks awesome with the NX Edge SD version

@Lolicon Glad to hear you're ok!  I'm a Houston resident but luckily had no flooding or damage.  Hoping that any of our members that are in the path of Irma will be ok!  Play it safe and get the heck out of there.  Trust me, being without power, internet, food, gas, working toilets, etc for a week or more is not fun.  Not to mention all the places you take for granted that are open day to day being closed for who knows how long or having limited hours and limited supplies..

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG

4 hours ago, ZorClone said:

*snip*

@Lolicon Glad to hear you're ok!  I'm a Houston resident but luckily had no flooding or damage.  Hoping that any of our members that are in the path of Irma will be ok!  Play it safe and get the heck out of there.  Trust me, being without power, internet, food, gas, working toilets, etc for a week or more is not fun.  Not to mention all the places you take for granted that are open day to day being closed for who knows how long or having limited hours and limited supplies..

The new stuff looks great! It almost makes me want to go and buy some Star Wars SHF toys despite not being a big Star Wars fan. :) But I really like that Galactica! Did you build it yourself?

Glad you're alright too. No flooding or and real damage where I live, though I did have to live at the hospital for a few days straight during the week of Harvey. The worst part of Harvey was sleeping on a stretcher and having to eat hospital food. :lol:

On that note, UPS finally delivered my Mark 46 after a 12 day delay! The Bandai Iron Man figures are usually pretty solid, but their Mark 46 was a floppy mess that looked all wrong, so I'm glad to finally have a proper version of it! B))

59b1ab9a7d375_ironmanmk4604.thumb.jpg.32ecae8b025983e97146bb4d14aef449.jpg

59b1ab9da0fdc_ironmanmk4606.thumb.jpg.419254db492abe3da66ab7368313f33d.jpg

59b1ab9b880c6_ironmanmk4605.jpg.fe2a6bb8dc62fcd3d9a9347b8e35f8cc.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yup! 

Delta was so bad that I think putting in some lightsabers would have made the show better. It couldn't get any worse. ^_^

'Lightsabers'? Do you want them to get sued by LucasFilms? ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

On that note, UPS finally delivered my Mark 46 after a 12 day delay! The Bandai Iron Man figures are usually pretty solid, but their Mark 46 was a floppy mess that looked all wrong, so I'm glad to finally have a proper version of it! B))

59b184203ef87_ironmanmk4601.thumb.jpg.09c45ad7a55059f0307819d566c9dbe7.jpg

This is not Figuarts? So which version of Mark 46 is this?

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

My first non transforming aircraft

Century Wings SR-71

Are you sure this one doesn't transform into this? :rolleyes:

ZzLF2CL.jpg 

Huh, Anubis? ;)

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

'Lightsabers'? Do you want them to get sued by LucasFilms? ^_^ 

This is not Figuarts? So which version of Mark 46 is this?

Sorry. I meant beam sabers! :lol:

Ha! You must've been replying when I updated the pics after I got all the lights working (there's a lot of batteries!). It's the Hot Toys version. I'm usually good with the Figuarts versions, but the SHF Mark 46 was such a letdown that I got the big boy version. ;)

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Sorry. I meant beam sabers! :lol:

Ha! You must've been replying when I updated the pics after I got all the lights working (there's a lot of batteries!). It's the Hot Toys version. I'm usually good with the Figuarts versions, but the SHF Mark 46 was such a letdown that I got the big boy version. ;)

Beam Sabers? :blink: Man, now you want to have trouble with Yoshiyuki Tomino. :lol:

So it was the Hot Toys version. You know what, I would really love to have all the armors in Hot Toys but it's so damn expensive now. Imagine the first Hot Toys Iron Man figure that I bought from them which is Mark 6, it wasn't even $200 for the item itself and now they kind of re-releasing it with diecast content. So I ended up with Figuarts. Smaller and cheaper. ^_^

5 hours ago, spanner said:

This arrived today! AUTOart Mad Max Falcon XB Interceptor.

20170908_144300.jpg

Isn't that just the newly released AutoArt Falcon Interceptor? Not the Mad Max version? I have the older AutoArt Mad Max Interceptor with the dog and the extra dirt and mud paint apps, that looks quite a bit different from this.

7 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Isn't that just the newly released AutoArt Falcon Interceptor? Not the Mad Max version? I have the older AutoArt Mad Max Interceptor with the dog and the extra dirt and mud paint apps, that looks quite a bit different from this.

Technically yes but it's still the Mad Max 1 movie car without the MFP markings.. AUTOart just wasn't able to market it as the MadMax interceptor due to rights issues. So I believe.

Still it is the actual car.

Got a few more things in from HLJ, NY, and BBTS. I should have got at least two Tyrant Labors, they are REALLY neat figures. Qui-Gon is great, standard Jedi robe Figuart stuff, but with a Liam Neeson face. Two more Figuarts Hall of Armor sets, making 5 total, six when BBTS gets in my MK II and Hall set. I FINALLY got my hands on a Masterpiece Huffer, BadCube delivers once again with another fantastic MP mini-bot, these things are top notch, Takara will have to do something special to make me even consider their versions a decade from now when they get to them... Roy/Arsenal to go with Ollie, beautiful release, his bow is easier to draw then the one that came with Green Arrow, which is nice. Hannibal is what I've been waiting on, I love Silence of the Lambs as much as the next guy, Anthony Hopkins was my first exposure to Hannibal and Red Dragon as well, but the Mads Mikkelsen TV series went above and beyond in my opinion, it was brilliant, and far too good for how it was treated.

20170910_014508.thumb.jpg.d12675473e09fc4b96876ea6380019b1.jpg

20170910_014554.thumb.jpg.b1d89185d2392068679449ac7e381fe9.jpg

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice pickup! Would grab one but have to focus on macross lol

Yeah I know the feeling.. but it's now good for me that I don't really need or want anything else for my Macross collection other than the incoming Delta stuff which gives me some flexibility in my toy budget to add more model cars!

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Congrats!  Where did you purchase from?  I have one on PO with AmiAmi but they keep pushing back the release....I am tempted to cancel it if I can get it somewhere else...

Thanks! I'm really happy with it! I always preferred the car from the first movie. I did have the Mad Max 2 car but it never satisfied me enough to keep it considering how much I wanted the original.

I bought it directly from the AUTOart website and the postage was super cheap and lightning fast! Arrived in less than 72 hours! I highly recommend any movie car lover to add it to their collection!