Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

13 hours ago, linitrofe said:

Lo quebraste! Eran los últimos USD 67 que le quedaban. Mala onda

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Jajajaja!

jajajaja la verdad eso me paso por la cabeza!! jajaja

pero no creo que haya sido por eso, han de haber tenido mas quejas.

On 2/12/2017 at 6:23 PM, anubis20 said:

Wel it turned out to be true! Very happy i managed to get this New Century IM. Never thought i was going to be able to get my hands on it and at $100 shipped it was deal of the year for me :)

6D1504EB-F996-449D-ABFB-81CB7A8B5080.jpg

How tall are those Iron Men?

15 hours ago, Mommar said:

Based on Sentinel website, it's 18cm.

Can't believe the prices on those. :ph34r: More than regular released Hot Toys figure. And $50-80 difference from their Diecast line. Looks like I have to stay with Figuarts for Iron Man figures. Hahaha! :lol: 

Edited by no3Ljm

15 hours ago, Mommar said:

They are around 7" 

------------------------------------------------------

BTW VF-19P arrived yay!! Its missing a shoulder triangle booo! :angry:

86E14A3D-B69D-4E04-AD3C-12CED7809890.jpg

FFDF9D61-C07B-4DAE-893D-F27B379EF4F8.jpg

Also this is not a new purchase but I just opened it yesterday and its such a well made and well balanced figure. It can stand just fine without a stand. 

4302ACE7-9B91-405A-B8F7-A07FFF2F0B90.jpg

3C8EC335-EBC8-4A4A-8F62-6A6096CA95D1.jpg

6A009D18-75F9-42A9-BA04-4032A9E01A9C.jpg

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on Sentinel website, it's 18cm.

Can't believe the prices on those. :ph34r: More than regular released Hot Toys figure. And $50-80 difference from their Diecast line. Looks like I have to stay with Figuarts for Iron Man figures. Hahaha! :lol: 

Figuarts are only MCU style, Re:Edit are comic style except that last one and they are definitely a step or two above SHF figures. Well worth it!

43 minutes ago, spanner said:

that's a real shame.. its only a small part so maybe you could make something up or have one 3d printed? Where did you buy it from?

Got it from ebay. Im gonna ask for a replacement or return. A 3D printed piece will not work I think because its too small and its a translucent piece thats missing so it will look completely different from the other side.  

Anubis, I would very carefully search the box, packaging, and area where you opened the P for that piece. I have had it before where I felt like I was missing something on a brand new figure, but than months/years later find the piece in the box. Happened about a month ago with a tiny screw cover on my VF-11B.

21 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Anubis, I would very carefully search the box, packaging, and area where you opened the P for that piece. I have had it before where I felt like I was missing something on a brand new figure, but than months/years later find the piece in the box. Happened about a month ago with a tiny screw cover on my VF-11B.

I tried searching for in in the box, even transformed in the hopes that the piece was wedged somewhere but no luck :(

14 hours ago, Mommar said:

Mezco One:12 Punisher showed up today.  Not even a really big fan but this is pretty much the coolest Punisher figure ever made.

image.thumb.jpeg.b7e851ae9d8f74672090d6143343c782.jpeg

Nice! I'm waiting for the classic comic version. How do you like the weapons it comes with? Are the gimmicks worthy or just "gimmicks"?

I haven't had time to take any pics lately but I had to get a couple quick shots of Mafex Kylo Ren to see how the scarf turned out in my pics:

Star%20Wars_Mafex_Kylo%20Ren_DSC04843_zp

Star%20Wars_Mafex_Kylo%20Ren_DSC04844_zp

The promo pics of the scarf were really bugging me and that along with Mafex's poor reputation made me almost regret ordering this figure. Having it in hand completely changed my mind and it looks amazing. The best 1/12 Kylo Ren figure for sure. The molded scarf material doesn't like lights in photos and comes off not as good looking (in the promo pics, it looks like a cheap fisher price molded blob) but in person, it looks real and matched almost perfectly with the cloth. If anything, it looks better than the real cloth. Also, check out the detail molded in the eyes! I'll be boxing up my Black Series versions and the only reason I want to open my SHF version now is to use the lightsaber with this figure...it's the only part I think SHF did a better job on.

Edited by Slave IV

That Kylo figure is the only Mafex product I've ever seriously considered buying. Most of their stuff looks way too spindly and oddly proportioned. Not sure if their products have just gotten better, or Kylo's design (with robes and all that) just lends itself better to the way they do things.

For such a simple design, I've been really put off by most figures of him.

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

That Kylo figure is the only Mafex product I've ever seriously considered buying. Most of their stuff looks way too spindly and oddly proportioned. Not sure if their products have just gotten better, or Kylo's design (with robes and all that) just lends itself better to the way they do things.

For such a simple design, I've been really put off by most figures of him.

24 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

That Kylo does look good! 

Yeah, I was pretty much over Mafex based on their other releases but this Kylo Ren has won me over and I'll still be keeping my eye on their releases because of it. I have ROTJ Boba Fett and that seems to be better than previous releases but still not great...this Kylo is a step up from Boba and definitely on the same level or even beter than SHF in this one case. I'm actually wondering about the Sandtrooper now because I haven't put together my Bandai kit version yet.

On 2/12/2017 at 8:23 PM, anubis20 said:

Wel it turned out to be true! Very happy i managed to get this New Century IM. Never thought i was going to be able to get my hands on it and at $100 shipped it was deal of the year for me :) 

68569776-4A22-4A2B-B1ED-684E306AFC87.jpg

Wow, I completely missed that release. Is it a Toy Soul 2016 exclusive? 

Mini Joe vehicles? That's awesome!

DX9 Hanzo came in. Sixshot was always a childhood favorite. Nostalgia bomb.

ukyjUkEh.jpg

I have seen a few reviews were people complain about the wolf mode. I think it is easily the best Sixshot wolf mode out there. The back legs are amazing.

9NNl4zRh.jpg

On 2/18/2017 at 3:36 PM, ChaoticYeti said:

Mini Joe vehicles? That's awesome!

DX9 Hanzo came in. Sixshot was always a childhood favorite. Nostalgia bomb.

ukyjUkEh.jpg

I have seen a few reviews were people complain about the wolf mode. I think it is easily the best Sixshot wolf mode out there. The back legs are amazing.

9NNl4zRh.jpg

Nice!! Do you have Carnifex by any chance? Im interested to see how they look side by side. 

I got figuarts Gohan and im kinda meh about it. The feet were very loose on the copy I opened and they also seem to be less articulated than the original Gohan release. 

B6924F52-415D-4598-9493-3B237840256A.jpg

F9DEB86B-7D5D-4B33-BC74-1BC6AF7955F5.jpg

EF52EF36-B629-41D1-A858-5AB8F73DC046.jpg

3 minutes ago, barurutor said:

OMG my younger brother had that MaskMan set... only the jet remains now though.

Guy on the right is Red Mask Takeru/Michael Joe, he was living in the Philippines for a long time (dunno if still true).

i think he didnt lived in the Philippines, for sure he visited there but not lived there.

On 2/16/2017 at 11:30 AM, Slave IV said:

Nice! I'm waiting for the classic comic version. How do you like the weapons it comes with? Are the gimmicks worthy or just "gimmicks"?

Classic Comic Version?  I'm unaware of Mezco planning on something like that.

Gimmicks are just gimmicks.  The cocking mechanism on the pistol is cool but unless you're taking a photo with a macro lens it isn't going to matter much.  Nor is being able to load up the grenade launcher with shells.  But the figure looks good, poses good and you have a lot of options to pose it with.