Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Kenada - impressive haul!

GU-11 - cool fig! I want some of those Tamashi web impact craters for my HT's

Conner99 - gonna make a custom?

Barurutor - Awesome - VT-1 is a must in any macross collection. Beautiful piece.
Senzan - Love the tv hikaru :D

Anime53k8 - ACK! Deculture!!!

Also, one shot of my supes since the 1/6th thread isn't so active:

http://i.imgur.com/OwIqKcw.jpg

OwIqKcwl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Barurutor - Awesome - VT-1 is a must in any macross collection. Beautiful piece.

Yep so do I, but I plan on swapping the Hikaru 1J head with the Hikaru 1S head when I get it - blasphemy I know :p

The 171 will be my first Bandai F valk - will see what its like in person before I commit to buying the rest of the SMS group.

The 171 will be my first Bandai F valk - will see what its like in person before I commit to buying the rest of the SMS group.

IMHO, If it feels like it takes forever to transform the VF-25's are easier if you decide to get more F valks.

Also, one shot of my supes since the 1/6th thread isn't so active:

http://i.imgur.com/OwIqKcw.jpg

OwIqKcwl.jpg

Thanks, and be careful, collecting Hot Toys/Sideshow 6th scale figures can be addicting as collecting Yamato/Arcadia & Bandai releases!

-b.

IMHO, If it feels like it takes forever to transform the VF-25's are easier if you decide to get more F valks.

Ive heard that about the 171 - watched quite a few reviews on utube and regardless of the flaws its a gorgeous toy in either Battroid or Fighter mode with the armor parts attached.

Yeah...I got the bug haha

Im collecting the HT Iron Man and Predator figs, then they go and start on Robocop v2 ><

Some advice for the VF-171.

1. when you transform it remember that the canopy area snaps into the backplate with a click. Only that way it will be stable in Battroid-Mode. When it doesn't snap into position then the tip of the nosecone is in the way.

There are other points but I just noticed that you have the Alto version so no worries about breaking shoulder pieces. Be careful however because there're many small parts that could break.

The VF-25 Renewals are the much better toys imho. They are solid and easy to transform and just look great.

With a 3D printer (or Shapeways) and some tinkering around with Sketchup, you can actually make your own impact effects. Or...you can use the more hands on glue-gun method.

A custom 1S sounds good, but I haven't actually decided on what to make out of this kit. Can't wait to put it together though.

This is probably blasphemous to Macross purists, but if I had the funds and the resources to get three of these kits, I'd customize my own neo-G1 Seekers.

My latest purchase, made today, is a 1/72 Yamato YF-19. This was one of the first valks that I wanted, but was never able to get one. Until now. It said it was a 1st Edition, but I can't be sure. I'm really excited. I really want the 1/60 Yamato YF-19, but I can't spend that kind of money. As an aside, how is the Bandai VF-171?

****EDIT****

Sadly it was confiscated by Japanese customs, due to it containing "combustible material". :( I guess I have to make due with my VF-Hi Metal VF19S as the only 19 in my collection.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

Impulse-bought a set of Robot Spirits figures which arrived yesterday:

VF-25F+Super Parts

VF-25G+Super Parts

Queadlunn-Rea Klan Klan custom

2xPixie Squad Queadlunn-Rea

IMG_20131130_033412.jpg

There were some "missing parts" in the Pixie Squad Queadlunn-Rea's, will have to check later.

Edited by barurutor

I ordered a second VF-171EX Plus through NY, since I broke my first one trying to get the nose to lock into the backplate. Impatient dumbass that I am, I snapped off the pivot behind the cockpit, and the other side started cracking due to the stress. So I'm working on repairing it, but I'm getting a second one in case I botch it. At least I learned what I was doing wrong with my first one, albeit expensively. :(

And, re-preordered the Arcadia YF-19 through HLJ. Black Friday price drops...Yay!

I just purchased a pair of Bandai 1/3000 Macross Toys on E-bay

Since both had missing or broken parts the total was quite low altogether- less than $140 for both

Used parts from the more badly damaged to pimp out and repair the beter one

Since I only recieved one each of the Promethius and Daedalus I posed one in attacker mode and optimized it's internal parts to make it fully transformable

the 2nd one I optimized into the original pre-lauch cruiser form from the first episode

since i only received one bridge/head unit, I constructed a spare piece out of paper and now both look complete

I'd currently can't post pictures, sorry

I'm really jazzed! - I've wanted one of theese since shortly after the release back in '84 (now I have 2 ^_^)