Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

About 3x the original MSRP... after the coupon took off $50.

Normally, I would never shell out that much for a single toy. But, as you say, the VE-1 is the pinnacle of the line. 

I would also have a weakness for the VT-1... but I saw from anymoon.com that the Yamato v2 of the Super Ostrich is on the avoid list.

Well, the shoulders will crack like the earlier releases but since it was the one and only release it’s not really an “avoid” like the others.

22 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

oh, an argument between 1/48 and 1/60?  Fight Fight Fight!

=)

Lol, for I've never really never cared about if the scale is accurate or not but that's me. I just wanted one of my favorite valks to fit in my Mecha collection

IMG_20180320_182553.jpg

Somehow I feel like the valkyrie is too big.... Voltron should be way bigger than a VF-1, even with the Strike package. *hee hee*

Oh yeah, I vaguely remembering owning one other small mech toy as a kid.

I have no idea what show it was from. I wonder if anyone here can identify it?

Sorry for the bad picture. I used MS Paint and a mouse to sketch this.... and I am no artist. I have not seen this toy in forever, so my childhood memory may be very flawed.

I recall it had a round shield on the arm, with a gun attached I think. It also had an insecty-looking face, but a face cover could fold over, hiding the face. It also had wings attached on each side of its hips.  I also think it could transform, but god help me if I ever figured out what it was supposed to transform into. I think it was also sort of a grayish-blue color for the most part... maybe?

Thanks!

another-mech-i-had-as-a-kid.jpg.3ed43f8729af5f116a37ad47984b0bd4.jpg

I wouldn't say the 1/48 is better than the 1/60 YV2/Arcadia VF-1s since the latter is the pinnacle of the VF-1 we have at this point. I did say the 1/48 is still my favorite VF-1 for various reasons and everyone should have at least one.

As for your drawing, it seems familiar but I can't place what it is...hope someone else here can identify it.

42 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Somehow I feel like the valkyrie is too big.... Voltron should be way bigger than a VF-1, even with the Strike package. *hee hee*

Oh yeah, I vaguely remembering owning one other small mech toy as a kid.

I have no idea what show it was from. I wonder if anyone here can identify it?

Sorry for the bad picture. I used MS Paint and a mouse to sketch this.... and I am no artist. I have not seen this toy in forever, so my childhood memory may be very flawed.

I recall it had a round shield on the arm, with a gun attached I think. It also had an insecty-looking face, but a face cover could fold over, hiding the face. It also had wings attached on each side of its hips.  I also think it could transform, but god help me if I ever figured out what it was supposed to transform into. I think it was also sort of a grayish-blue color for the most part... maybe?

Thanks!

another-mech-i-had-as-a-kid.jpg.3ed43f8729af5f116a37ad47984b0bd4.jpg

Sounds you are talking about the Orguss. Check out the Orguss thread here on MW: 

3-30.jpg

Edited by Scyla

IMHO the 1/48's look better in Fighter mode, however the V.2 is the supreme leader in Gerwalk & poseability in Battroid mode. 

Once I have display cases, all of my 1/48's will stay in Fighter while the V.2's will be in Battroid or Gerwalk. B))

Just now, Slave IV said:

Nice! I just checked TRU again and the place is decimated! Almost all the legos are gone. The ML and SW shelves are still there because they still have the same shelfwarmers as they did last year with no markdown.

What is TRU?

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Toys R Us. They are going out of business and closing all stores if you haven't heard the news.

Oh no! I remember getting My Little Ponies from there when I was young.

I usually spend my time looking at distributed networking algorithms, so I kind of missed that news.

*checks Google Maps*

Wow... the closest Toys R Us is pretty far away. Oh well.

42 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

There is a amazing looking 1/55 scale VT-1 Superostrich on eBay right now, currently at a bid of $560.

It's so beautiful. But I will resist... because I am poor now.  =P

Image result for SDF Wallet Gif

I feel ya, our wallets have all been there at one point or another! 

17 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Anybody else grow up with Ducktales??!!! I found a review of this on Collection DX and couldn’t resist for $11 on Amazon. It’s a really cool little figure! 

2C5A2D00-460F-4F2A-8F74-C9511B6BC6DD.jpeg

Used to watch Duck Tales everyday after school (and Animaniacs!) B))

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Anybody else grow up with Ducktales??!!! I found a review of this on Collection DX and couldn’t resist for $11 on Amazon. It’s a really cool little figure! 

2C5A2D00-460F-4F2A-8F74-C9511B6BC6DD.jpeg

LOL! I wasn't aware they made figurines of this series! My youngest brother loved watching that cartoon.. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Image result for SDF Wallet Gif

I feel ya, our wallets have all been there at one point or another! 

One point or another? I don't think so. It still is. And it's not going to end. :lol: 

5 hours ago, spanner said:

wow! that wallet destruction gif certainly gets good mileage! 

Hahaha! It does, right Spanner? I'm sure my other one as well. Didn't expect both GIFs that I made is Google Searchable by typing "Macross Wallet GIF".

3J3uglH.gif

Looks like I need to create another one, huh? ^_^

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I want this soooo bad but I feel like it's something I'd take pictures of and then

Got another Sentinel Dancouga and Black Wing in today. Totalling 4 of the regular dancougas, 3 regular Black Wings  and 2 of the real Dancougas and 1 of the Real Black Wings

20180320_205920-e1521609227417.jpg

20180320_205925-e1521609957829.jpg

18 hours ago, Scyla said:

Sounds you are talking about the Orguss. Check out the Orguss thread here on MW: 

3-30.jpg

I was wondering.... is this Orguss mech also used in Macross? Or is the image I pasted a valkyrie in GBP? I think the shield, chest and shoulders seem like that of the Orguss mech. But the legs seem like a valkyrie with super or strike parts. 

Judon_2.png

Edited by Shizuka the Cat