Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I recieved my calibre wings jolly rogers f-14b 1/72 Scale Diecast Model today,  and also put my alter mave yukikaze on display. As you can see the mave is loaded to bear and I love how they added an extra stand for the fuel air bomb. Gives it a really dynamic pose. I have the super sylph too,  just need to get through the stupid cable ties alter use to secure the model in. They do not want you to get the model out in a hurry! :lol:

DSC_0385.JPG

DSC_0386.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0395.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

Got one of my 20% off ebay purchases and the rest of the wave 1 Pacific Rim Robot Damashiis. 

New Haul 03/12/2018

Im really liking these reissued Revo Evas. Im trying to fill my Eva collection with these since Bandai only did some Evangelion Robot Damashiis from Evangelion 2.0.

Revoltech Eva Mark 06 Revoltech Eva Mark 06 Revoltech Eva Mark 06

9 hours ago, ZorClone said:

How do those Pac Rim Robot Dimashiis compare to an HMR?

They're definitely lower quality (paint apps / plastic) and no diecast but are bigger. For the price i think there're worth it specially Gipsy Avenger which is only 20 bucks. 

9 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

@no3Ljm it sort of does. The wings can be folded either way. Right up for parked  or reversed for high speed mode. The canopy/cockpit can be reclined right back too. The super sylph just has hard points and a foldable sensor array. I have yet to "attempt" transforming that draken :ph34r:

Any chance the Yukikaze planes were designed by Kawamori? Sorry, I didn't check google first while typing this. ^_^ But it would be nice to see a similar design based on these birds that transforms into Gerwalk and Battroid. It would probably look awesome for sure. And for me as of now, there's no point on buying these Alter models as long that it's the same size or scale as my 1/60 or DX Valks. ^_^

6 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

@Chronocidal agreed, that bandai stand for the draken is God awful. Would much rather it take up less room and be articulated like the alter one.

@XigfridI thought that too. Left a hell of a mark lol 

I understand the concern for these stands since I don't like it too. But for sure those stands are designed to be practical and cost-effective that can hold a 2lbs +/- (that's an estimate) transforming Valk. Probably even if they follow the Alter stands, for sure it will still have a wider base and thicker plastics to hold the said Valks. Not to mention if it can be articulated since we need to screw those first. Anyways, if you really want a cool looking stand that's also articulated like Alter's, look no further. Just click the link for YetiStands. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Any chance the Yukikaze planes were designed by Kawamori? Sorry, I didn't check google first while typing this. ^_^ But it would be nice to see a similar design based on these birds that transforms into Gerwalk and Battroid. It would probably look awesome for sure.

Looks like he didn't have anything to do with the Yukikaze series from a quick search I did. Maybe we could get the Shinden II he designed for Ace Combat into a Yukikaze crossover some how :p.

1000?cb=20180306220248

23 minutes ago, dizman said:

Looks like he didn't have anything to do with the Yukikaze series from a quick search I did. Maybe we could get the Shinden II he designed for Ace Combat into a Yukikaze crossover some how :p.

But I want those cool looking Yukikaze planes to be able to transform. And we need Kawamori's touch to it. Hehehe. :p

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Any chance the Yukikaze planes were designed by Kawamori? Sorry, I didn't check google first while typing this. ^_^ But it would be nice to see a similar design based on these birds that transforms into Gerwalk and Battroid. It would probably look awesome for sure. And for me as of now, there's no point on buying these Alter models as long that it's the same size or scale as my 1/60 or DX Valks. ^_^

I understand the concern for these stands since I don't like it too. But for sure those stands are designed to be practical and cost-effective that can hold a 2lbs +/- (that's an estimate) transforming Valk. Probably even if they follow the Alter stands, for sure it will still have a wider base and thicker plastics to hold the said Valks. Not to mention if it can be articulated since we need to screw those first. Anyways, if you really want a cool looking stand that's also articulated like Alter's, look no further. Just click the link for YetiStands. ;)

For the mecha/aircraft design team info it's here dude https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=902

A valk version would definitely be interesting! I would actually prefer them in 1/60 myself but the only alternative (no pun intended) is the model kits. Seeing as i am crap at painting the alter versions definitely were the overpriced answer.

I can't argue there, they definitely do their job of holding the valk well. Just a shame there is no pivot point like the old yamato stands. Yes! Will definitely be getting some yetistands, they look incredible and give you so many options for display. 

Yup the VF-9 is a strange one indeed, the wings aren't variable but instead they wrap around in battroid to form the chest armor. I keep hoping Arcadia will be crazy enough to make a 1/60 but oh well, guess we need another Sv-51. 

vf-9-blue-fighter.gif

vf-9-blue-battroid.gif

I've always liked the VF-9. It looks like a bruiser. As the Macross Valkyrie designs have progressed they've moved more towards the slim and spindly end of the spectrum. I've always leaned more towards the old school super robot big bruiser looking bots. The VF-9 is just that. A 1/60 of that would be amazing. I feel like if we EVER saw one (I can't imagine we ever would) in toy form it would likely be in Bandai's 1/100 Hi-Metal R line. I'd take any toy of that asymmetrical bruiser though. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'll be honest, the battroid I can kinda like, but the fighter is so short and wide, looks more like a SD plane.

That's why I like it. It has a sleeper look. It looks more like a sporty jet. Almost like a bigger fan liner. Something non military but then Transforms into a battloid that looks like it'll curb stomp you for looking at it diagonal. 

On 3/12/2018 at 9:01 PM, TrickyCustomer said:

I recieved my calibre wings jolly rogers f-14b 1/72 Scale Diecast Model today,  and also put my alter mave yukikaze on display. As you can see the mave is loaded to bear and I love how they added an extra stand for the fuel air bomb. Gives it a really dynamic pose. I have the super sylph too,  just need to get through the stupid cable ties alter use to secure the model in. They do not want you to get the model out in a hurry! :lol:

DSC_0385.JPG

DSC_0386.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0395.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

Hey Trickycustomer! 

What scale is that Mave, 1/100?

Edited by Pulltoeject
Mispelling

As someone newer to Macross collecting, what are some that you'd recommend as great "starter" pieces that really encompass what the line is about in terms of positives?

Also, forgot to shoot the big three from Sentinel together.

20-51.png

10 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

As someone newer to Macross collecting, what are some that you'd recommend as great "starter" pieces that really encompass what the line is about in terms of positives?

Also, forgot to shoot the big three from Sentinel together.

20-51.png

I think you should start from the beginning and get yourself a Chunky Monkey if you've never experienced those original 1/55 Valks. But being a Transformers collector, you must have had a Jetfire from back in the day. 

If you want something current, the Arcadia SDF-1 and VF-0S are coming out soon in Premium Finish versions and are two on the nicest pieces you can have in a Macross collection. I think Arcadia's VF-0S is the single best Valk toy ever made IMO. It combines the classic style of the VF-1 with updated looks and the toy is the closest to perfection I've seen. 

This is from the most recent ebay 20% off sale (friday).  Wasn't sure what to buy until the last 10 minute of the sale.:wacko:

Variable Action Hi-SPEC Super Dimension Century Orguss II General Soldier Type from amiami on ebay for $206 shipped DHL.

amiamiorguss.jpg.06789d65c20504a03489e4744533efdc.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Where did you find the Deadpool wave?

At Toys R Us. I still need the X-force Deadpool and Lifield Deadpool from this wave. I’m also looking for the Walmart Exclusive Thanos.

7 hours ago, subie81 said:

At Toys R Us. I still need the X-force Deadpool and Lifield Deadpool from this wave. I’m also looking for the Walmart Exclusive Thanos.

Yep that looks like a TRU.  Lucky getting those during the current BOGO 40% off sale.  Domino and X-23 look great.  Still waiting for mine to come in to build up the Uncanny X-Force team.  X-Force Deadpool and classic Deadpool are available at Dorkside if you want to get them there.

http://www.dorksidetoys.com/marvel-legends-s/1840.htm