Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

42 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

CARS are taking over the Mac space? What?! :blink:

35 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Good Lord! That's blasphemy. My cars had to leave their display area to make more room for my valks :p

hehe! but not really.. That particular display cabinet has one shelf completely free and only one Valkyrie on the other which I moved to another shelf to take the car photos.. But I think my car count is nearly at the same as my Valkyries! 

16 minutes ago, spanner said:

hehe! but not really.. That particular display cabinet has one shelf completely free and only one Valkyrie on the other which I moved to another shelf to take the car photos.. But I think my car count is nearly at the same as my Valkyries! 

Yeah. Until they take over the other shelves. :aggressive:

Hahaha! :lol: Btw, Spanner, any chance you have Porsche 959 in your collection?

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. Until they take over the other shelves. :aggressive:

Hahaha! :lol: Btw, Spanner, any chance you have Porsche 959 in your collection?

hehe! its tempting considering how many other 1:18 cars I'd love to have in my collection but simply could not afford them all.. unless I sold off all my Macross collection! Joking!

A 959.. I once did but sold it a few years back only to regret it. I had been looking at buying another though.. Why you ask? Have you got one that you would like to sell to me for a good price! LOL!

On 2/7/2018 at 8:23 PM, ZorClone said:

If you don't mind me asking, did you get this shipped to the USA and if so how did you get one without an orange plug?

FYI, I also bought mine from NY.  They have it for a pretty good price of 15,480 yen.  It's cheaper at least by 2000 yen over most of the other popular places.  Shipping charge was 2715 yen (as billed) to California.  The current exchange rate is around 106 yen/$1US.  Try to use a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

hehe! its tempting considering how many other 1:18 cars I'd love to have in my collection but simply could not afford them all.. unless I sold off all my Macross collection! Joking!

A 959.. I once did but sold it a few years back only to regret it. I had been looking at buying another though.. Why you ask? Have you got one that you would like to sell to me for a good price! LOL!

Ha! How I wish, man. I only asked because I really love the Porsche 959 used in Dakar Rally. Like if I were to have a diecast car collections, I'm going to make sure that one will be there. Oh, and not to mention F1 John Player Special and the Tyrrell P34 'elf'. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Ha! How I wish, man. I only asked because I really love the Porsche 959 used in Dakar Rally. Like if I were to have a diecast car collections, I'm going to make sure that one will be there. ;)

indeed! they certainly are an epic car though I think I'd like to have the road car version by Autoart again.. there are plenty available on ebay so I'm sure it won't be too difficult to get one again.

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ha! How I wish, man. I only asked because I really love the Porsche 959 used in Dakar Rally. Like if I were to have a diecast car collections, I'm going to make sure that one will be there. Oh, and not to mention F1 John Player Special and the Tyrrell P34 'elf'. ;)

Nice selection of cars! The 959 is probably my all tmie favorite car so I do have one in my modest 1:18 car collection. It's not the rally version though.

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice selection of cars! The 959 is probably my all tmie favorite car so I do have one in my modest 1:18 car collection. It's not the rally version though.

I don't mind too if it's only in 1/24 or 1/32 scale which is more manageable than 1/18. ;)

You know what, I forgot to include Porsche 956 to that list. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't mind too if it's only in 1/24 or 1/32 scale which is more manageable than 1/18. ;)

You know what, I forgot to include Porsche 956 to that list. ^_^

Yeah, I have one in 1:48 scale as well. As for the 956, I have an old Hot Wheels or Matchbox version and that's it. 

As for my most recent purchases, I haven't had time to open anything but here is a pretty recent batch of toys I got. 

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Ooohhh let us know how Shin Getter turned out. 

Just spent a few minutes checking it out (I have to go to bed soon). But so far, what I can say is, THIS IS THE SHIN GETTER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! It just looks so badass, especially with with the way it glares at you (pupils FTW).

A lot of the joints and engineering is very similar to the Riobot Mazinkaiser, so basically that means it's excellent and beats anything else out there. I can confirm that some of the red plastic does seem to be unpainted, but honestly it still looks very good and I don't mind it. I actually am glad since it gives me less worries about paint scratching.

10 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Just spent a few minutes checking it out (I have to go to bed soon). But so far, what I can say is, THIS IS THE SHIN GETTER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! It just looks so badass, especially with with the way it glares at you (pupils FTW).

A lot of the joints and engineering is very similar to the Riobot Mazinkaiser, so basically that means it's excellent and beats anything else out there. I can confirm that some of the red plastic does seem to be unpainted, but honestly it still looks very good and I don't mind it. I actually am glad since it gives me less worries about paint scratching.

Sounds good! Does the upper torso come out of the socket easily when posed? Is it just the head and chest that has the unpainted red plastic? 

12 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Holy crap!! Where did you find that?

Originally got Iczer 2 from Yahoo JP long ago. These were a limited release (300 ea I think) at a Wonder Fest like 6 or 7 years ago iirc. GigaBrain never made any more in this line. It was to be a Microman sized line of figs based on 80's/90's anime properties. Never happened though which is a shame.. :(. A Kei and Yuri in this scale woulda been pretty cool. How about some Macross figures in this scale. Oooh?  This Iczer 1 finally showed up on Mandrake after scanning Yahoo JP,Anime Export and Mandrake forever. They don't seem to come up often. 

1 hour ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Originally got Iczer 2 from Yahoo JP long ago. These were a limited release (300 ea I think) at a Wonder Fest like 6 or 7 years ago iirc. GigaBrain never made any more in this line. It was to be a Microman sized line of figs based on 80's/90's anime properties. Never happened though which is a shame.. :(. A Kei and Yuri in this scale woulda been pretty cool. How about some Macross figures in this scale. Oooh?  This Iczer 1 finally showed up on Mandrake after scanning Yahoo JP,Anime Export and Mandrake forever. They don't seem to come up often. 

Hey thanks, I guess the hunt begins lol

4 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Hey thanks, I guess the hunt begins lol

NP. I'll get you started. Here's an Iczer 2 that's available.. Iczer 1 seems to be harder to find. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1070487118&ref=list

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

Sounds good! Does the upper torso come out of the socket easily when posed? Is it just the head and chest that has the unpainted red plastic? 

I had no issues with the upper torso. Everything is solid and holds together well.

The unpainted red plastic is scattered in places across the figure, but again, it honestly does not bother me a single bit. Frankly I don’t understand why some people have such a big issue with it. It doesn’t look like Hasbro unpainted plastic that has swirl lines and stuff.

The forearms are detachable for some reason. Maybe to simulate a rocket punch lol?

The one thing that worries me in the long run are the joints for the wings. The wings have some weight to them, and the joints holding them up swing up and down. If they end up getting loose, it will prevent you from displaying it with the wings up. I don’t see any easy way to tighten them up again.

Had my sister swing by Toys R Us to pick me a Robot Damashii Gipsy Avenger. Super nice figure for 20 bucks, definitely worth it. My only gripes are that it has no toe bend and its missing a few paint apps here and there but for the price point i cant really complain. 

Robot Damashii Gipsy Avenger Robot Damashii Gipsy Avenger Robot Damashii Gipsy Avenger

Edited by anubis20

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

I had no issues with the upper torso. Everything is solid and holds together well.

The unpainted red plastic is scattered in places across the figure, but again, it honestly does not bother me a single bit. Frankly I don’t understand why some people have such a big issue with it. It doesn’t look like Hasbro unpainted plastic that has swirl lines and stuff.

The forearms are detachable for some reason. Maybe to simulate a rocket punch lol?

The one thing that worries me in the long run are the joints for the wings. The wings have some weight to them, and the joints holding them up swing up and down. If they end up getting loose, it will prevent you from displaying it with the wings up. I don’t see any easy way to tighten them up again.

Thanks for the mini review! I expect to get mine sometime next week. 

Okay, maybe I spoke too soon about the upper torso. I tried testing the limits of the twist and sure enough it popped off. Now I’m having a b**** of a time trying to get it back on. The angle of the ball joint is so weird that it’s difficult to put force on it. 

I shouldn’t have pushed my luck :(

fll8KBQ.jpg

Edited by ArchieNov

20 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Okay, maybe I spoke too soon about the upper torso. I tried testing the limits of the twist and sure enough it popped off. Now I’m having a b**** of a time trying to get it back on. The angle of the ball joint is so weird that it’s difficult to put force on it. 

I shouldn’t have pushed my luck :(

Noooo!!!! Shiet, I'm sorry if my curiosity has caused you any frustration. I hope you can get it back in the socket without damaging it.

**Note to self do not push the limit on the range of motion too far on the torso** 

Sigh I feel so sad and frustrated now. I wonder if I should try mailing it to Sentinel for repair

UPDATE: Received a reply from Sentinel. They basically said that they have discontinued providing after-service customer support due to complaints from their official distributors. They will only provide this service if you purchased directly from their store or official retailers. Since I purchased this from AmiAmi, it meant I had to solve this myself.

Edited by ArchieNov

11 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Holy sh**! I was able to finally pop it back on after an hour of trying different methods. And you would not believe how I did it.

I used twine.

You should've documented it for future reference on this toy if ever anyone tried the same thing. ^_^

But good thing it worked out fine. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You should've documented it for future reference on this toy if ever anyone tried the same thing. ^_^

But good thing it worked out fine. ;)

I wasn’t sure it would work. I basically wrapped the upper double ball joint in twine to prevent it from getting pushed back when trying to push the lower ball joint in. That gave me enough space to apply enough pressure to connect the joint. After it was secure, I just unraveled the twine which was no problem because there was enough space between the gaps for the string to pass through. 

I feel so relieved now. Everything is back to normal and Shin Getter is good as new again. Thank you God!

5leoc71.jpg

@SuperHobo Are you moleman from the robotjapan boards? I wanted to post there but the admins seem to be taking their sweet time confirming my registration. Anyway, please let those guys know that I wasn’t twisting the joint farther than what was shown in the manual. So it’s not like I was twisting it to the extreme, but merely checking if the upper torso can twist as much as what’s shown in the picture.

Edited by ArchieNov

9 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I wasn’t sure it would work. I basically wrapped the upper double ball joint in twine to prevent it from getting pushed back when trying to push the lower ball joint in. That gave me enough space to apply enough pressure to connect the joint. After it was secure, I just unraveled the twine which was no problem because there was enough space between the gaps for the string to pass through. 

I feel so relieved now. Everything is back to normal and Shin Getter is good as new again. Thank you God!

@SuperHobo Are you moleman from the robotjapan boards? I wanted to post there but the admins seem to be taking their sweet time confirming my registration. Anyway, please let those guys know that I wasn’t twisting the joint farther than what was shown in the manual. So it’s not like I was twisting it to the extreme, but merely checking if the upper torso can twist as much as what’s shown in the picture.

I'm glad you were able to get Getter back in one piece.  B)) And yes I am  Moleman on the RJ boards (now you know the secret, now I cannot let you leave) :lol: 

Anyways, when I get mine I might not even move the upper torso joint.