Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Here I was thinking that you have spare Valks since you probably bought those sets only for the TV Missiles since most sets that comes with the Strike/Super Parts doesn't have the TV Missiles. ^_^ 

Technically you're not wrong.  Though, I also plan to mix and match assorted parts across all the variants, in different modes.  I've also got enough spare canopies to never use the tinted blue ones that came with the Hikaru 1Js.

On the other hand, now I'm realizing I wish I had three each of the M&Ms so I could do plain and fast-packed fighter displays, along with a battroid pose.  :lol: 

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

He should've asked a different question. :rolleyes:

But I love that candy apple red on that car. ^_^ 

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CC55C1DC-1880-4C80-AE7E-FC8C8330C626.thumb.jpeg.9458c6333c96f2cfb2ff7287d078e119.jpeg

Nice! :good: ;) 

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Technically you're not wrong.  Though, I also plan to mix and match assorted parts across all the variants, in different modes.  I've also got enough spare canopies to never use the tinted blue ones that came with the Hikaru 1Js.

On the other hand, now I'm realizing I wish I had three each of the M&Ms so I could do plain and fast-packed fighter displays, along with a battroid pose.  :lol: 

Speaking of canopies, are you willing to sell one of them extra blue ones? ;) 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

He should've asked a different question. :rolleyes:

LOL! Though yes it does.. 

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

@spanner that paint job on these cars are top notch, I wish someday we have metallic paint for our macross toys too

They are indeed! Other than a small paint chip on the leading edge of the extendable rear wing which was only tiny anyways the paintwork is basically flawless. The metallic fleck is so uniform throughout and no signs of dirt or runs anywhere. My only real gripe with the model is the seat belts which are plastic rather than a fabric type material. <_<

Also the carbon weave on the roof panel is a single direction rather than converging on the center line but this does match the actual car so I'm not going to make a fuss about that. But it would have been nice if the weave met in the middle. Surprising that Lexus didn't do that..? Especially for the asking price of the car.:unknw:

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

Also the carbon weave on the roof panel is a single direction rather than converging on the center line but this does match the actual car so I'm not going to make a fuss about that. But it would have been nice if the weave met in the middle. Surprising that Lexus didn't do that..? Especially for the asking price of the car.:unknw:

(Puts on engineer hat)

It's stronger the way they have it, you want alternating uni- or bi- directional layers when laying composite. Doing a seam of two different directions meeting in the middle creates stress concentrations.

Elintseeker has arrived. :D

85D33173-F8F9-4786-BECC-65235810121F.thumb.jpeg.55934bacee0b3b3f7dbb15587714f3ed.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! :good: ;) 

Thanks.

F3BB0CF3-EF12-4136-AF9C-0DCA78CC2853.thumb.jpeg.25f7349c1e160082bc91ab20b3dcdb1b.jpeg

Got another set of 1/100 TV arm armor for my HM and HMR Valkyries.

On 2/1/2018 at 1:19 AM, no3Ljm said:

Not 100%. Some of them looks good with each other. Some don't.

But as for the Figuarts Bale Batman and Mafex Heath Joker. If you look closely again on the pic posted by Anubis. Joker's head is in-line with Batman's ear tip which means Joker is a little bit taller than Batman. But, for overall they look good together.

Nice, thanks for the answer, sourcing a joker now, lol

can't really find a good one to date, think mafex did pretty well on joker.

11 hours ago, Killaforevah said:

Nice! Do you know where I could find a template for the sticker sheet?

Thanks.  Maybe contact reprolabels and see if they can make one.

I needed a new desk something for my office.... Eaglemoss are just to small, So.. Diamond Select Toys Enterprise E with lights and sound. With Amazon  points rewards, $35 out the door.  Now.. let me say this.. there's no WAY I'd ever pay full asking price for this, but for half price, it's really not bad at all. I couldn't make a model look this good for $35.  The tampo printing is 99%perfect.  The lights and sound, well, they are what they are,  bright LED's and the little speaker isn't terrible. I'm slowly filling in ALL the windows and some panel lines with Flory's to give it a little more detail. 

20180202_150833.jpg

20180202_150843.jpg

• Like 1

I may post pics later.  Right now I'm irritated.

I got a Eaglemosss big scale TOS Enterprise.  Directly out of the box the deflector dish fell off.  Also, while examining it, I noticed the starboard bussard collector has something wrong with it.  It looks slightly mismolded on the bottom and the color isn't consistent.  

I'm basically just bitching right now.  I don't intend to return the ship.  I don't want to deal with the hassle.  I'm just going to take my lumps and move on.  And I've already repaired the deflector with some superglue.  Of course, that revealed the central spike of the deflector dish is molded crooked.  I'm very disappointed.  My first impression is that my little Corgi Enterprise is better.

Crap.  I just noticed something else.  The starboard nacelle is ever so slightly tilted inboard.

I'm glad now that I only ordered this ship.  I had originally intended to order the D and the E along with it, but I reserved myself to only check out the TOS and go from there.  I won't be ordering the D or E now.  I also won't be ordering any of the smaller ships.  I may give them another chance on a mega scale Constitution Refit, but otherwise I've been given a negative impression of the Eaglemoss product.

Derex, maybe I should have just ordered a Diamond Select Nemesis Enterprise E.  I'm not a fan of the E, but I bought the original release of the ship ages ago and it has sort of grown on me.  In pics the Nemesis re-release looks like a good upgrade.

I totally hear you on Eaglemoss, I have almost pulled the trigger SOOO many times on the XL ships, but after watching reviews online and reading people's reactions, I'm not going down that road.  Sorry to hear about your TOS Enterprise, that really sucks. I have been fortunate with most of the little ST ships, although QC is a huge problem with this company!! It's a shame!  Could be SO good! :mellow:

15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I needed a new desk something for my office.... Eaglemoss are just to small, So.. Diamond Select Toys Enterprise E with lights and sound. With Amazon  points rewards, $35 out the door.  Now.. let me say this.. there's no WAY I'd ever pay full asking price for this, but for half price, it's really not bad at all. I couldn't make a model look this good for $35.  The tampo printing is 99%perfect.  The lights and sound, well, they are what they are,  bright LED's and the little speaker isn't terrible. I'm slowly filling in ALL the windows and some panel lines with Flory's to give it a little more detail. 

20180202_150833.jpg

20180202_150843.jpg

oh my goodness! that is gorgeous! I want this! 

I was having a look at these Starships on Amazon and ebay, they are very cool but what annoys me is they aren't to scale with each other. I wouldn't want to have an Enterprise A on display the same size as a Enterprise E or D.. it just wouldn't look right. So my next question is, are there any Enterprise starship models/toys that are to scale with each other?

24 minutes ago, spanner said:

I was having a look at these Starships on Amazon and ebay, they are very cool but what annoys me is they aren't to scale with each other. I wouldn't want to have an Enterprise A on display the same size as a Enterprise E or D.. it just wouldn't look right. So my next question is, are there any Enterprise starship models/toys that are to scale with each other?

The only ones I'm aware of are the AMT 3 piece model sets. They were 1/2500 scale. There have been multiple sets released over the years which included all the Enterprises. Here's a couple I quickly found on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Star-Trek-Motion-Pictures/dp/B008M6TQ8G/ref=pd_cp_21_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008M6TQ8G&pd_rd_r=AD54S2MGYV5958FGX7DA&pd_rd_w=M3GxT&pd_rd_wg=aOr7b&psc=1&refRID=AD54S2MGYV5958FGX7DA

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Enterprise-NCC1701-1701A-1701B/dp/B002UX2M9W/ref=pd_cp_21_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B002UX2M9W&pd_rd_r=7XCRPZ0Y8BXT68N9QKJH&pd_rd_w=aFtBn&pd_rd_wg=mdN8v&psc=1&refRID=7XCRPZ0Y8BXT68N9QKJH

https://www.amazon.com/2500-Star-Trek-Cadet-Space/dp/B00LVZB34U/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00LVZB34U&pd_rd_r=DZK08W3M0E2QXGBFR2DM&pd_rd_w=HjUi6&pd_rd_wg=FvaKp&psc=1&refRID=DZK08W3M0E2QXGBFR2DM

Keep in mind these are not nice snap fit kits like Bandai would release. They're unpainted and have to be glued and assembled and painted/decaled yourself.

1 hour ago, GabrielV said:

I may post pics later.  Right now I'm irritated.

I got a Eaglemosss big scale TOS Enterprise.  Directly out of the box the deflector dish fell off.  Also, while examining it, I noticed the starboard bussard collector has something wrong with it.  It looks slightly mismolded on the bottom and the color isn't consistent.  

I'm basically just bitching right now.  I don't intend to return the ship.  I don't want to deal with the hassle.  I'm just going to take my lumps and move on.  And I've already repaired the deflector with some superglue.  Of course, that revealed the central spike of the deflector dish is molded crooked.  I'm very disappointed.  My first impression is that my little Corgi Enterprise is better.

*snip*

Yeah the Eaglemoss ships have pretty spotty QC. I bought them during a sitewide sale and are my desktop "whooshing" toys so I'm not quite as picky about their QC failures. I already have nice illuminated models of almost all the Enterprises already, and these are not taking their place. ^_^

5a74e7eecd48b_enterpriseshelf.jpg.3488bdc765a8d359a72a4cf973057f6b.jpg

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

20180202_150833.jpg

20180202_150843.jpg

Wow! That looks really nice!

I'd be willing to pay extra if AA would also give us illuminated windows on their ships. :)

44 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

thanks for the links, but yeah I don't think I'd want to build them myself.. 

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah the Eaglemoss ships have pretty spotty QC. I bought them during a sitewide sale and are my desktop "whooshing" toys so I'm not quite as picky about their QC failures. I already have nice illuminated models of almost all the Enterprises already, and these are not taking their place. ^_^

5a74e7eecd48b_enterpriseshelf.jpg.3488bdc765a8d359a72a4cf973057f6b.jpg

I'd love to have a setup like this! but with refit, A, Excelsior, B, C, D & E. And possibly the Concept C.

Finally I have  Megatron!, and is the new version :D

IMG_3724.thumb.JPG.59cd0e1d9ab6f85347f2a70953ed169e.JPG

The detail and size is effing great!, so damn happy with this figure! :D

IMG_3719.thumb.JPG.89ccd9d5706d8de0d8d1126c19beb18a.JPG

• Like 1

nice! congrats on Megs! i have him to but haven’t ever had the guts to try to transform him! 

• Like 1

Finally some of my paid preorders from months ago arrived.

Robot Damashii Aura Battler Zwauth
q0pLkhx.jpg 

2nd Metal Build 00Qan[T]
kbOID4k.jpg 

VF Hi-Metal VF-1 Super Parts (Finally!)
Metal Build 00Gundam Seven Sword's GN Sword II Blaster
0Me8PFx.jpg 

I finally caved and both these two books from Mandarake after seeing @valkyriepilot's post a few pages ago. I assumed this is a 1992 reprint since it didn't came with a negative film. I totally forgot about the Gold Book before but now I have one too. ^_^ 
Macross DYRL Databank
Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works

5oRWrIT.jpg 

• Like 1

As soon as I saw the announcement, I knew I had to get the Lego Ship in a Bottle. It was just a wonderful sort of idea for a set, I couldn’t help myself.

3E564A96-D757-4274-9E5D-E88A7E4D8708.jpeg

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Finally some of my paid preorders from months ago arrived.

Robot Damashii Aura Battler Zwauth
q0pLkhx.jpg 

2nd Metal Build 00Qan[T]
kbOID4k.jpg 

Metal Build 00Gundam Seven Sword's GN Sword II Blaster
0Me8PFx.jpg 

I finally caved and both these two books from Mandarake after seeing @valkyriepilot's post a few pages ago. I assumed this is a 1992 reprint since it didn't came with a negative film. I totally forgot about the Gold Book before but now I have one too. ^_^ 
Macross DYRL Databank

5oRWrIT.jpg 

Nice,

I had Kawamori Autograph the design works book @ AX a few years back.   And I was lucky enough to find the Goldbook on letgo!

Got three packages in one day! Two from NY, and one from HLJ. Very excited to check out Chogokin Big O, I missed out on the initial release and the accessory set, so as soon as this went up for PO I snatched it. Dragonball Goku is a GREAT little figure, lots of articulation despite his squat and accurate proportions, plus he has a lot of accessories. 

20180203_114009.thumb.jpg.a7a0f62140654bfae9496aa1b8b06f3d.jpg

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Macross DYRL Databank

Congrats on getting the HM Super Parts. Those seem to be getting scarce.

And the books look pretty cool.

I did order and just recieved a few painted deck crew figures (Fujimi plastic set) to get them on my also new TSM carrier deck. The figures are really bigger than the stated 1:72 scale, between 1:60 and 1:55 I would say and the carrier deck was a bit warp, but that wasn’t a deal breaker. I am very happy with both and the new display perspectives !

86C319FE-3876-4E1B-BD0F-AB2714EB7B59.jpeg

On 1/27/2018 at 7:04 AM, SuNDuK said:

Yap, really happy about this model ^_^ Just love it, and colors, best head in my opinion etc, so much fun!

Now i trying to decide want i superparts for 25a or better without it ^_^ And i have issues with 29 and heared about same issues on 25, but my model is really solid and i'm really enjoyed it ^_^

ofNIAFrjvVQ.jpg

8dcP4s4WIBo.jpg

Thanks for all ^_^ Hope 31a will be not worse then 25a (:

If you can, get the super parts. I think it really improves the valk (which is rather uniform in color).

Orindlt, your massive hoard inspired me to take some pictures of my new Eaglemoss XL Enterprise, so this flood of images is your fault! :)

And, as I was handling it, the deflector dish fell off AGAIN!  GRRRRR!

Anyway, here we go.  I'll spoiler most of these so those who don't want a flood of the Enterprise can avoid it.

39170355785_66854c2252_z.jpg

39170354255_8f30d6451d_z.jpg

39170353275_6aa8ce99ec_z.jpg

I took that picture and felt there needed to be a Klingon marauding around, so I took it again with extra bonus Klingon DLC!

28289573439_40740a58f8_z.jpg

40036232792_96f8ecb2ae_z.jpg

40036230232_46d1280155_z.jpg

The Diamond Select Enterprise B  is the same scale as the Eaglemoss XL Enterprise, so I had to do a couple of shots of that.

40036228492_6990c9cdc7_z.jpg

40036226022_16d5fb64bc_z.jpg

It's pretty clear in the first shot, but you can REALLY see how crooked the deflector spike is here.

40036221922_2c4dc7023a_z.jpg

40036219752_b014440938_z.jpg

All in all, I thought she was pretty photogenic.

Edited by GabrielV
forgot final comment
  • Upvote 1

Looking pretty good there!...Eaglemoss QC not withstanding!  Digging the Enterprise B....hmmmm....

Got this a while back but thought I'd share it anyway.   A little vintage goodness for your viewing pleasure.  Damn thing is near perfect.

VF-1 1-100 Bandai - 1.jpg

• Like 1