Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

22 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I already have Black Bolt from the SDCC Thanos Imperative set and I think that figure is darker so this will be a my second Black Bolt.  Either way sometimes it’s hard to resist buying cool figures when you see them just hanging on the pegs in stores.

It’s the Macross 35th Anniversary stamp set.  It comes with this inside.

71D34868-FE18-41D7-A789-16BADFD7C400.jpeg.f84459b6a0c317fec62f12daac32c546.jpeg

232EAC0D-AD43-43FC-82B6-6EB1DEFFE816.jpeg.6314594dfc53c3e6143e66f7d0bd6437.jpeg

3C1B8097-D30B-4D87-8D91-8623D45390A1.jpeg.e6d26c80141eaf61b18b18c2c525f934.jpeg

85DDA0B8-27F5-4BB6-AC54-0506F136A444.thumb.jpeg.e9406680b44a70e65ac6732782cef08c.jpeg

I hear you on that about buying cool figures!

That stamp set looks fantastic!

Since you posted the 35th Anniversary DYRL stamp set @sh9000 (or to anyone that knows), there has been a question in regards to Max and Milla and their respective Q-Rau suits (in the bottom left hand corner 3rd shot) and it seems that is no definitive answer (if this isn't the correct thread I apologize in advance). 

My theory: Since that Max since was interested in Milla (in human form) and they started a relationship together, there is a possibility that Max has gotten interested in Zentradi/Meltrandi technology (through Milla), and that he wanted to experience to what is to be in Zentradi size. Milla had gotten a Q-Rau in the latter part of the movie for Max to use when macro-sized.

Sounds plausible?

Note: I definitely like the stamp homage of the OST cover albums. :wub:

Edit: Just found out that the model kit covers are from the deflunked Arii/Imii and some Bandai.

Edited by borgified

12 hours ago, borgified said:

My theory: Since that Max since was interested in Milla (in human form) and they started a relationship together, there is a possibility that Max has gotten interested in Zentradi/Meltrandi technology (through Milla), and that he wanted to experience to what is to be in Zentradi size. Milla had gotten a Q-Rau in the latter part of the movie for Max to use when macro-sized.

Sounds plausible?

I don't have a definitive answer or source, but I always thought Max was "enlarged" to zendradi/meltrandi size.  Since what happens is basically the reverse of what happens in the SDFM tv series, I figured they went all the way and made him big.  There isn't much screen time of him after the fight, so I don't know if there is a real way to tell just from the movie.  One of the people involved in production would have to say something about it, I guess (or maybe they already have).

OMG just put mine together the DX Combattler is simply glorious and huge! Everything screams quality and the experience from unpacking to the final combination sequence is unequalled. Opening it was like opening five awesome toys plus accessories, after which follows the even better experience of combining the whole thing. It's like bang bang bang bang bang followed by a big bada booooom!

TEJLgoah.jpg

77SbQrBh.jpg

1 hour ago, locidm said:

OMG just put mine together the DX Combattler is simply glorious and huge! Everything screams quality and the experience from unpacking to the final combination sequence is unequalled. Opening it was like opening five awesome toys plus accessories, after which follows the even better experience of combining the whole thing. It's like bang bang bang bang bang followed by a big bada booooom!

TEJLgoah.jpg

77SbQrBh.jpg

Combattler V is bigger than Voltus? Is it different from GX-03?

Edited by fenrir72

45 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Combattler V is bigger than Voltus? Is it different from GX-03?

Yes. It’s a different line. New line called DX Chogokin Damashii. Combattler is the third figure to be release from that line. The first two were Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger. Hope they do Voltes V next. That’s an insta-buy for me. ^_^

For more info on the DX Chogokin Damashii line check this link:

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokintamashii/

Also here’s a comparison between the DX release and the previous Chogokin Danashii GX-50:

E7093F0C-69B8-4A4C-A776-FA917FDD686A.jpeg.0524b5a7174014f64ccb2117671ecbce.jpeg

For more head out to the Chogokin thread:

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, locidm said:

77SbQrBh.jpg

Jealous. :(

Hope they do Voltes V next. ^_^

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes. It’s a different line. New line called DX Chogokin Damashii. Combattler is the third figure to be release from that line. The first two were Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger. Hope they do Voltes V next. That’s an insta-buy for me. ^_^

For more info on the DX Chogokin Damashii line check this link:

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokintamashii/

Also here’s a comparison between the DX release and the previous Chogokin Danashii GX-50:

E7093F0C-69B8-4A4C-A776-FA917FDD686A.jpeg.0524b5a7174014f64ccb2117671ecbce.jpeg

For more head out to the Chogokin thread:

Holy sheet! Those are sized like the classic Godaikins! No wonder they cost Y 50,000 smackeroos! If it's Voltus I'd bite too!

14 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Holy sheet! Those are sized like the classic Godaikins! No wonder they cost Y 50,000 smackeroos! If it's Voltus I'd bite too!

Yeah. At 40cm, it's a centerpiece. ;) 

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Got my Sunstreaker the other day too! Don't know when I'll get around to opening it. My BC version is still sitting on a shelf and I haven't tried to transform it yet.

Well, better find time to open it and see that nothing inside is missing. You never know. ^_^

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, better find time to open it and see that nothing inside is missing. You never know. ^_^

Yeah, I want to...but just opened my Arcadia Max, which was a bigger priority and then Milia is up next, followed by poor Hikaru 1S, which has been buried for months now.

42 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Man, good thing you posted this. I forgot to pay my order and it's passed 5 days. I checked my email and there's no warning yet so I went and pay ahead. ^_^ 

Ordering spare super packs?  I might have missed it, but where do you usually find these, and how many organs do they tend to cost? :p 

8 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Ordering spare super packs?  I might have missed it, but where do you usually find these, and how many organs do they tend to cost? :p 

Found one at Mandarake. Thanks to sh9000. As for organs, there's nothing left. Hehehe. :lol:

On 1/7/2018 at 1:10 AM, locidm said:

TEJLgoah.jpg

77SbQrBh.jpg

DX SoC Combattler V!! :wub::wub:

I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on it but I decided its best not to do it. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Just received from ny

Hmmm NY sells body parts? :lol:

Edited by Saburo

37 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up one of the final VF-1 variants I needed for my 1/60 collection. :)

Now all that's left is to wait for the PF Max & Miria releases...

And wait for Arcadia's Premium Finish VF-1D Virgin Road announcement. Then you will all be set. ^_^