Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Had to wait a little time longer but it finally came in today. But already discovered those tiny flaws on several parts all around in the light grey glossy painted surfaces. Tiny, but still visible if you look a little closer. Somehow I would have preferred a more matte finish like my Qant. But all in all I love this design.

IMG_0856.thumb.jpeg.46a148c0e00f44bda0c73a2d09a3134f.jpeg

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

For my first non-Macross thing since the pandemic started I got a 1/48 weathered Swordfish II to go with all my weathered 1/48 DX Valks B)) Wasn’t cheap, but I would buy a 1/48 Redtail for the same price if they ever made one.

D20745F2-6251-45AD-9336-DBEB29BA140B.jpeg

It's a pretty amazing piece, though getting the gun to attach is a bit stressful with how hard you need to push.

30 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's a pretty amazing piece, though getting the gun to attach is a bit stressful with how hard you need to push.

Huh, I didn't find that to be the case with mine. Production issues? Anyway, I think it's funny how no two "1/48" pilots are the same size. Spike in a slim-fitting two piece suit is way bigger than a 1/48 DX figure in a bulky space suit. Maybe Yamato got the scale right and Bandai whiffed it? Don't have a Yammie to compare to Spike but looks a bit closer at least...

image.jpeg

I think Bandai severely undersized their pilots. Though Hikaru is pretty short, and Spike is pretty tall canonically.

Of course, part of it is these are hand-drawn, and they tend to try and make the pilot appear the right size for the vehicle, while sticking to the vehicle size scaling more than the pilot scaling.

50 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yo Joe!!!!

IMG_7424.thumb.JPG.89909f5839b892989745b79e2b492673.JPG

Curious which version of the Sky Striker that is.

The re-release they did a few years back was more grey but had black tailfins.

Also, not sure how well the 25th Anniversary figs fit in the old two-seater configuration, unless the person you bought it off of made some modifications.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My "Old Lady" came in.

20201013_140631.jpg

This bit just popped into my head (pun intended). Language is NWS for those that it matters to. I tried for the correct time (3:05). If I didn't get it, you know how to find it.

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Curious which version of the Sky Striker that is.

The re-release they did a few years back was more grey but had black tailfins.

Also, not sure how well the 25th Anniversary figs fit in the old two-seater configuration, unless the person you bought it off of made some modifications.

That's the OG.

The figs were not happy about going in. I trimmed the pins off the seats for room and used Blue Tack to hold them in for swooshing.

IMG_7433.thumb.JPG.848a43c185171fe447df5dae3bb3f7ff.JPG

IMG_7434.thumb.JPG.ea491c2db6c9d3c8b5bd77e7b91551e0.JPG

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Can her arm articulation do a saluting pose?

It's passable. This is the limit of the elbow+shoulder (shoulder can rotate more, but won't go further up). I also don't have the correct hand on.

1eu0bdE.jpg

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Personal pet peeve:  I really hate that the stickers were NOT mirror-imaged on the Sky Striker.

Drove me batty, especially after getting spoiled with the Macross and Mospeada birds.

Shameful Moggy plug, I did do a few custom touches to the Sky Striker back in the day:  https://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs-finished-projects/142652-minor-custom-touches-skystriker-ace.html

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's passable. This is the limit of the elbow+shoulder (shoulder can rotate more, but won't go further up). I also don't have the correct hand on.

1eu0bdE.jpg

Thanks for the pic. :good:

Wonder if the elbow articulation can pose similar to this:

FF5D1781-EF2A-4D90-9C09-B88940D6FF1E.thumb.jpeg.198bcac5c2f6771508e984817492d571.jpeg

Been waffling back and forth whether to add Misa next to my TV SDF-1 display.

50 minutes ago, Mog said:

Personal pet peeve:  I really hate that the stickers were NOT mirror-imaged on the Sky Striker.

Drove me batty, especially after getting spoiled with the Macross and Mospeada birds.

Shameful Moggy plug, I did do a few custom touches to the Sky Striker back in the day:  https://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs-finished-projects/142652-minor-custom-touches-skystriker-ace.html

That's awesome!:hail:

1 hour ago, Mog said:

@MogThat panel lined Skystriker looks great! Need to do it on the first OG version tho.  I’m not a fan of the one seater reissue. 

Never got the original version as a kid.

But I do prefer the black tailfins on the re-release.  And I do like the extra details in the updated cockpit.

I understand the desire for two-seater, but it’s that whole “give and take” thing with the bird being slightly underscaled.

If I was bonkers enough to get a second Sky Striker, they did have black and yellow stripe stickers.  Wouldn’t require much to make a Sky Striker look like a “certain sempai’s” ride. :spiteful:

7 minutes ago, Mog said:

Never got the original version as a kid.

But I do prefer the black tailfins on the re-release.  And I do like the extra details in the updated cockpit.

I understand the desire for two-seater, but it’s that whole “give and take” thing with the bird being slightly underscaled.

If I was bonkers enough to get a second Sky Striker, they did have black and yellow stripe stickers.  Wouldn’t require much to make a Sky Striker look like a “certain sempai’s” ride. :spiteful:

for-skystriker-xp-21f-jolly-roger-custom

This is easily the best Cap Bandai have ever made.  Loki’s face is derpy and terrible and so is his ankle articulation.  Supaidamsn is charming as hell.  Leopardon is actually really irritating to pose.  HUGE thank you to Golden Arms for hooking me up with two Storm/Thunderbird two packs.  Still gotta get the decals going on the Slash Zaku Phantom.

0AC66F21-1D18-4C2F-8192-0D644F6688D4.thumb.jpeg.9cbfaeb45be82ff2361c76aefcaa7c68.jpeg