Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Hey sorry off topic here but wondering if anybody has had any issues with NY lately?  My MP-47 Hound has been sitting in Preparation in Progress since Jan 6th and there’s been lots of similar complaints on their Facebook page recently.  

43 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

From the NY complaint thread, looks like they've got a shipping backlog due to a customs issue with one of the companies they ship to Europe with.

They can’t keep anything straight.  I had three figures go into prep the 26th, one the 27th.  The one from the 27th has shipped.  The others aren’t doing a thing.  I think the warehouse workers don’t know what they’re doing or they’re miss-managed or something.  That isn’t a long wait like you’ve experienced but I did ask them why the later package already shipped before the others and all they said was, “they’re in prep.”

Edited by Mommar

Looks like I have a healthy tax return coming this year and I would like to start work on restoring my valkyrie collection.  What pieces would people recommend?  Right now all I have is my 1:55 VF-1S Strike, a very beat and damaged custom 1:48 VF-1D (my ex threw it at me).  Two banged up 1:60 V1 Yammie VF-1, and the Arcadia YF-19.

9 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Looks like I have a healthy tax return coming this year and I would like to start work on restoring my valkyrie collection.  What pieces would people recommend?  Right now all I have is my 1:55 VF-1S Strike, a very beat and damaged custom 1:48 VF-1D (my ex threw it at me).  Two banged up 1:60 V1 Yammie VF-1, and the Arcadia YF-19.

No time like the present to get a nice and new VF-1 lol go for the DX VF-1A, J, or S!

If it were me I'd be gunning for a VF-31J Kai because I like the modern designs. (My DX VF-25F Renewal comes in tomorrow!! :D)

40 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

DX:

VF-1 (J, A, or S)

VF-25 

VF-31

Arcadia:

VF-1 1/60

VF-0

Yamato:

YF-21

There's also other great DX valks, plus the Yamato/Arcadia VF-11 and VF-4. I wouldn't consider them essentials though.

Or, just go all-in on an HMR collection, with desdroids and zentradi mecha.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

Don't forget to pick up an SDF-1!  I recommend the old school Matchbox (Bandai) 1:3000 version if you like the original SDFM show.  You can pick those up for a song on ebay any time.  If you're a DYRL fan, go for the Arcadia one.

But it sounds like what you need most is a YF-21 to go with your 19.  Those are going much cheaper now that Bandai will be coming out with a DX version, or you could just wait for the DX.

And yeah, HMR 1:100 stuff is still plenty available if a little overpriced, but much cheaper than DX stuff.  But then again, for not much more, you can pick up Arcadia 1:60 premium finish valks for $200 new sometimes.

And don't forget about all the cool stuff that Kitzconcepts is putting out, especially the figures if you like SDFM.

Edited by Pontus

4 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Looks like I have a healthy tax return coming this year...

^^^ 1%er :D

JK. Whatever financial situation I’m in, I usually only get what I can at around msrp or less. Right now, that’s a few Arcadia VF-1s including some very nice Premium Versions of Max & Milia’s 1Js, the VE-1 and you can probably find decent deals on a few others. There are a few DX Valks, including the new 1/48 Max 1A, some VF-31s and the SV-262 that are all at decent prices right now and very nice figures. You can probably find some deals on the older but still excellent Yamato 1/48 Valks that some people may be selling to make way for new DX versions. Other than those, I’d keep your eyes on this forum and get ready to try to preorder the next new releases to come. 

Edited by Slave IV

Just now, sqidd said:

Yeah, but you buy everything!:rofl:

Yeah, I get in from the get go and forget about anything I missed until it gets reissued or a better version comes around. If I try to chase stuff I wanted but missed when it was cheaper on top of all the crap I get now, I might as well sell my family, organs and cars right now because that would be the only way I could afford and make space for it. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I get in from the get go and forget about anything I missed until it gets reissued or a better version comes around. If I try to chase stuff I wanted but missed when it was cheaper on top of all the crap I get now, I might as well sell my family, organs and cars right now because that would be the only way I could afford and make space for it. :lol:

Those organs are over-rated.:D

18 hours ago, Knight26 said:

I saw this on etsy; you might want to take a look at it (not mine, but I wish i had the money for it!):

https://www.etsy.com/listing/734872406/huge-lot-of-robotech-macross-bandai?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=robotech&ref=sr_gallery-1-5&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I never wear clothes with letters or pictures on them. But I would get one of these. Maybe.:D

I generally don’t either but came across this and was like yeah I need one. If you hunt one down, just remember that Japanese sizes are smaller. So for example if you’re a Large you’ll want to get an XL.

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

I generally don’t either but came across this and was like yeah I need one. If you hunt one down, just remember that Japanese sizes are smaller. So for example if you’re a Large you’ll want to get an XL.

6" 200lb 10% BF, 52" chest and 17.75" arms. Yeah, I'm going to need a XL.:D

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

6" 200lb 10% BF, 52" chest and 17.75" arms. Yeah, I'm going to need a XL.:D

Haha I  figured as much since you lift!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

That sounds like  XXL territory to me. I can’t stand super tight clothes, especially for something that should be a comfortable and roomy sweater. 

Eh @sqidd will want to show off how swoll he is! Especially in a Focker hoodie! 8)