Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

15 minutes ago, kkx said:

I am seeing some people starting to receive and showing off their JG Hobby 1/100 MB Metal Build Sazabi.

Anyone PO one? 

https://www.showzstore.com/pre-order-jianggao-model-jg-mg-1-100-mb-msn-04-msn04-sazabi-mobile-suit-gundam-metal-build-ver-ka_p1552.html

I did. I've got tracking but it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

28 minutes ago, kkx said:

I am seeing some people starting to receive and showing off their JG Hobby 1/100 MB Metal Build Sazabi.

Anyone PO one? 

https://www.showzstore.com/pre-order-jianggao-model-jg-mg-1-100-mb-msn-04-msn04-sazabi-mobile-suit-gundam-metal-build-ver-ka_p1552.html

I did. But it hasn't been shipped yet. Some members posted on the Third Party Gundam Thread they got bumped on the 2nd batch which is this coming March.

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I did. I've got tracking but it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Sweet, can't wait to see your photo. 

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I did. But it hasn't been shipped yet. Some members posted on the Third Party Gundam Thread they got bumped on the 2nd batch which is this coming March.

I will check out the Gundam thread. Thanks.

I saw some very small photo on taoboa review/comments on item on sale. They looks ok.

But some YT comments said many are dissapointed by the bare plastic red and loose joints.

I would not mind too much (about the joints) since it will be mostly static posted not play with. But some said that the hand can't hold the weight of the weapons.

20 minutes ago, kkx said:

Sweet, can't wait to see your photo. 

I will check out the Gundam thread. Thanks.

I saw some very small photo on taoboa review/comments on item on sale. They looks ok.

But some YT comments said many are dissapointed by the bare plastic red and loose joints.

I would not mind too much (about the joints) since it will be mostly static posted not play with. But some said that the hand can't hold the weight of the weapons.

That is a huge pet peeve of mine.

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Anyone PO one? 

I'm on the March batch, so it'll be a while.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm on the March batch, so it'll be a while.

I just paid for PO yesterday. Very late to the party. It will be a long wait. Hopefully they will address some of the issues and complains found in the current batch.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

I just paid for PO yesterday. Very late to the party. It will be a long wait. Hopefully they will address some of the issues and complains found in the current batch.

That's why I'm not stressing it. Sometimes it's better to get the second production run.

Well, fortunately these lovely ladies found their way to my doorstep unlike the last one.  Is it wrong to collect figures yr not even familiar with as characters simply because they're super cute and awesome looking?  I think I have a problem because I can't stop buying these things.  I am actually familiar with Hatsune Miku, but I'm not a fan. 

IMG_20200111_001310414.thumb.jpg.c47655c5b22e09d54e269925e800317d.jpg

IMG_20200111_001422227.jpg

Edited by Pontus

7 hours ago, Pontus said:

Well, fortunately these lovely ladies found their way to my doorstep unlike the last one.  Is it wrong to collect figures yr not even familiar with as characters simply because they're super cute and awesome looking?  I think I have a problem because I can't stop buying these things.  I am actually familiar with Hatsune Miku, but I'm not a fan. 

I prefer Black Heart.

7 hours ago, Pontus said:

Is it wrong to collect figures yr not even familiar with as characters simply because they're super cute and awesome looking? 

You just described literally 90% of my collection. I mostly get things because they look cool. 

Go with whatever puts a smile on your face.:good:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

You just described literally 90% of my collection. I mostly get things because they look cool. 

Go with whatever puts a smile on your face.:good:

So true, you do you @Pontus!  Heck, I hold onto the AmiAmi art that they include with their packages for this reason lol.

12 hours ago, Pontus said:

IMG_20200111_001310414.thumb.jpg.c47655c5b22e09d54e269925e800317d.jpg

I see no problem here. I’ve considered getting some figures like this but even an uncontrollable hoarding collector like me had to draw the line somewhere. I have cracked on rare occasions like the SuperSonico AGP Ride Armor because transforming Bike Armor toys are nearly irresistible to me. I haven’t photoed it yet but for reference

bann09406_1.jpg

I have been getting other similar figures but of characters I am very familiar with because I’ve found there are so many figures like these, it’s pretty easy to find ones I like that are also of characters I like. 

16 hours ago, Pontus said:

Come to the dark side;  venture down the smutty rabbit hole. :p

I like that Purple heart but prices on it are just too much for the official and I just can't get behind bootlegs.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, sqidd said:

I found a set of S&S parts on feeBay for the Stealth Strike Parts. The guy had a bid on it already. I messaged him asking if he had a BIN and to name his price. He said because there was a bit he wanted to let it run out. I'll bet I get it for less than he could have gotten out of me.;)

So did you pull the trigger on that Stealth SSP set? B))

10 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

How much do they go for now btw?

The one on Ebay I was referencing to went for $163.00 I think (that's a good price these days), others are selling it for much higher prices. 

The Stealth Box set w/SSP are really pricey, some as high as $700.00+ on eBay. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

So did you pull the trigger on that Stealth SSP set? B))

Sure did! Won the auction last night. I asked the guy to end it early and name his price. He wanted to let it ride (and didn't give me a number). I ended up getting it for about $100 less than I was willing to go. I'll call that win!

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

How much do they go for now btw?

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

The one on Ebay I was referencing to went for $163.00 I think (that's a good price these days), others are selling it for much higher prices. 

The Stealth Box set w/SSP are really pricey, some as high as $700.00+ on eBay. 

Plus tax and shipping they were $182.96. A steal really. I've got $412 in the valk and S&S parts. They're both new.:yahoo:

3 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Congrats @sqidd That's a really good price shipped, plus the fact it looks brand new & untouched! :D

For a $105.00 shipped I picked up another Yamato 1/48 Roy Focker, I felt it was a good price & nabbed it!! B)) 

IMG_9446.JPG

That's a sweet deal!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Sure did! Won the auction last night. I asked the guy to end it early and name his price. He wanted to let it ride (and didn't give me a number). I ended up getting it for about $100 less than I was willing to go. I'll call that win!

Congrats!

Macross_VF-1J_Stealth_DSCN3635.jpg.e5fe447f8dc96348d2467fe726899671.jpg

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

After a couple of years I have come back, and I bought a Hi-Metal R VF-4 from Mandarake. It’s taking a while for the shipment to get underway.

My Mandy orders have been taking between three days and three weeks. All EMS.